Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > How you thought LoS was going to continue
Page 1 of 1
How you thought LoS was going to continue [CLOSED]
StartheDragon77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#1 Posted: 09:55:58 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I am very much aware the new Spyro game is Old Spyro but with a redesign I know a lot of people were expecting a continuation of LoS so I'm curious how you think it would have continued.

Me I thought it would take place a few months after dotd. Spyro has been have nightmares about the dragon realms destroyed by a mysterious enemy. Then one day Volteer announced that the it was now time for the passing of the elemental comet that passes over the dragon realms every 10,000 years. The comet is there for a total of five days. Spyro notices that he feels more energy when the comet appeared. Malefor receives this energy as well and uses it to escape his prison. Eventually when Spyro goes to face him he loses control of himself because the increasing power of convexity is corrupting him. He transforms into Dark Spyro. Cynder tries to snap him out of it but fails. Just when all hope is lost the Dragon spirits included Ignitus appear. They grab Spyro and use there powers to make him remember his past what he was destined to do. He defeats Malefor and the dragon realms are at peace once again.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#2 Posted: 10:13:32 18/02/2011
That is a very good idea, nice work. smilie

My idea is in Spyro Legacy: Shadows in the Dark. I'll put chapter one here if you want, or just a quick post of the plot.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#3 Posted: 11:34:04 18/02/2011
This must be the fifth time I've posted this...
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Setting: After LoS
BEFORE THE LEGEND OF SPYRO...
The Scorcerror planted fake prophecies somewhere and hid them, the ones of the purple dragon.

He captured all the purple dragons(including Classic Spyro) and set up a war. Eventually the fact there were purple dragons was forgotten and he was sent into exile.

THE NEWS...
The Scorcerror is Fake Malefor, who appeared in DoTD, and was only used as a pawn. When Spyro put the world back together, the real Malefor, hiding somewhere, took some of the power he exerted, and that's why the world is still like the Floating Islands.
---

I just copied and pasted it. smilie Still working on. I've got some ideas as to why he put in the prophecies though.

I didn't expect them to actually do something like it, though. It's my own little idea.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:04:03 18/02/2011 by GamingMaster_76
spyro14ever Green Sparx Gems: 374
#4 Posted: 12:02:23 18/02/2011
I didn't think LoS was continuing at all.

Seems like it's own trilogy.
---
Dawn of the Dragon is the best Spyro game since the original trilogy.
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#5 Posted: 13:11:48 18/02/2011
The new Spyro isn't the old Spyro. It's been confirmed this is a total franchise reboot; they've wiped the slate clean.

I didn't think LoS was continuing, either. They tied up all their loose ends as best they could (leaving the giant plot holes in for decoration, of course). There really wasn't anything else to do in that setting or with that story.
Charizard Green Sparx Gems: 221
#6 Posted: 17:08:40 18/02/2011
I agree with Razz on this subject. Having Malefor been defeated, the world having been saved, and Spyro and Cynder having been shown that they were still alive and happy kind of made it seem as though it was the end. Malefor had been the main villain behind the curtain from the beginning (even if we didn't know about him at first), and his defeat (even though he wasn't actually defeated) seemed like the way to go for the end.

Even if they had continued with tLoS, what else was there to do? There's always ShaloneSK's comic's plotline, with Spyro and Cynder growing up and having babies, but there's not much to do with that game-wise. Elsewise, just bringing back Malefor would merely prove the point that there's nothing more to do with this universe. It was a good choice to re-reboot the series when they did.
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#7 Posted: 17:12:47 18/02/2011
...So, in making their own new setting, Sierra also accidently killed any future direct LoS sequels by having Spyro and Cynder grow, having the evilest evil killed and creating peace across the land... -.-
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#8 Posted: 17:15:07 18/02/2011
It was Activision's decision to go to a different direction in the franchise, not Sierra's.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#9 Posted: 17:17:47 18/02/2011
I had a plotline started....NEW_SpyroLUVA wanted people to come up with a storline to do with all of Skylanders test titles(before the game was announced), and that's what I did:

Quote:
So after DotD, Spyro and Cynder are now all happy, the world is saved and they are back with the others(And if it matters, Spyro DID NOT hear Cynder confess her love/lust for him). So they go a few months and all is peaceful, but there is a band of monsters made up of creatures who once served Malefor, Gaul and Cynder who are now lost in the world, as they have nowhere to go now that their masters are gone. So the more intelligent ones take matters into their own hands. They start stealing resources from all the good creatures to build shelters, weapons, things they need to live prosperously. So at first, they are not actually bad, nor are they a serious threat. They just want to survive.....

Meanwhile, the guardians offer Spyro and Cynder a long term responsibility(they do not HAVE to accept). The world is now in repair, and the other races are really slow recovering. So, Spyro and Cynder are asked to train willing young dragons(from a very young age to their own age, mostly) in their element. Spyro and Cynder, along with their "band/gang" of dragons, will then help different regions recover from the disaster Malefor created. Spyro accepts without hesitation, but Cynder is reluctant. However, she hides her feelings and accepts(she is reluctant as she wants to settle down and bond with Spyro, as well as regain the 15 years of her life she lost to Malefor).

BUT, a wise monster believes that the monsters cannot live a prosperous life....every race in this "band of monsters" will go extinct, as there is only a small amount of creatures, compared to the dragons, and the dragons will make life hard for them, as they have been stealing the dragon's(and their allies') resources. So this wise monster, tells them of a legend....

Long ago, there was an event that occured where a "layer" of land was taken off the Earth by some invaders from another world. It is presumed that these invaders came through Convexity. So this wise creature suggests that they try to get to Convexity and find these "invaders". They would then attempt to take this missing land and put it back on the Earth. They will then re-populate the planet with their races and start the world anew. However, bringing these pieces of land to the Earth will crush anything on the world below. The monsters don't care about the dragons, and are resentful, so they will not warn them. They won't stop them from escaping the "new land", but will not help them either. They decide to name their band the "Sky Landers", due to their plot.

But... HOW will they do this? How are they supposed to get into Convexity?

You guessed it(or not).... Cynder. She was the one who opened Convexity last time, and some of these monsters worked for her during her dark reign. So their plan is to convince Cynder to join their side and get her to open Convexity, and help them with any further endeavours. Some of these monsters despise her and see her as a "traitor"(like Gaul did), and some of them think she has been "tainted by the dragons".

They don't start their plan instantly. They continue gathering resources and send spies to watch Cynder(bet they'll enjoy it too!smilie). They try to flatter her at first, rather than force her to join. Some see stilll see her as a queen, and Spyro as an evil king who stole their "mother"....

I have a lot more as to how this develops, and the little events that may happen. Basically:

"Sky Landers" is the name of the "Monster Gang", and they see Cynder as a "queen", and Spyro as an evil "king". They call the dragon lands "Spyro's Kingdom".

I have more ideas in relation to it, and some gameplay ideas...
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#10 Posted: 20:57:57 18/02/2011
Malefor was only exiled.
And I don't need a lecture. -.- That was what COULD have happened. And just because it's confirmed, it doesn't mean they can change it?
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#11 Posted: 21:02:31 18/02/2011
I knew it would end after DotD.

It was the Spyro Trilogy, and the word "trilogy" means "having three parts." And DotD, being the third game of the trilogy, was gonna be the last one.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#12 Posted: 21:03:22 18/02/2011
I knew it was going to end as well, but if it would have continued...
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#13 Posted: 21:05:14 18/02/2011
I didn't think it being a trilogy threw the possibility of continuation out of the window...

Just look at the end credits of Spyro 3....they said something very similar to the end of DotD's credits...

And then there is the original Sonic trilogy....
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#14 Posted: 21:06:20 18/02/2011
Oh, derp. I need to learn to read titles better. :B

I would think maybe Malefor managed to escape, and Spyro and Cynder had to actually kill him instead of trapping him in crystal.

I dunno... smilie
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#15 Posted: 21:08:04 18/02/2011
I actually had a feeling it would end after DotD too. But as for the topic....

I expected Malefor to return, seeing as they didn't get rid of him properly.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me