Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What (for you) makes a game a Spyro game?
Page 1 of 1
What (for you) makes a game a Spyro game? [CLOSED]
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#1 Posted: 22:11:12 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
...Or "were do you set the line for a game to no longer be a Spyro game?"

Discuss.

Edit: Here is a picute to give the question some context.

Spyro Forum Thread
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:29:20 12/02/2011 by Gwenio
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#2 Posted: 22:12:40 12/02/2011
A game featuring a cute and spunky purple dragon that's based on exploration.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#3 Posted: 22:17:56 12/02/2011
^ This.
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#4 Posted: 01:16:43 13/02/2011
I preferred DOTD to every other game... maybe equal with yotd smilie It has to be non repetitive, awesome fun, and little new features that keep on popping up that you go O.o at!
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#5 Posted: 01:17:08 13/02/2011
Quote: Spyroo

I agree. :3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#6 Posted: 01:17:26 13/02/2011
A game thats about spyro defeating a villan.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#7 Posted: 01:20:20 13/02/2011
Quote: BEST FAN EVER
I preferred DOTD to every other game... maybe equal with yotd smilie It has to be non repetitive, awesome fun, and little new features that keep on popping up that you go O.o at!

Complete opposite for me.
Nobody quote this or a fire will spark.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#8 Posted: 01:29:09 13/02/2011

^this.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#9 Posted: 03:45:43 13/02/2011

This, but add in light hearted and a purple dragon full of spunk.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#10 Posted: 19:31:27 14/02/2011
Any game that stars a character who has a name that combines the words "spiro" and "pyro".
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#11 Posted: 22:34:03 16/02/2011
Any game that actually focuses on Spyro and includes at least Sparx or his other buddies..
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#12 Posted: 11:54:58 22/02/2011
Sparx makes Spyro -game- STORY
---
Keep smile
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:55:47 22/02/2011 by matesds
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#13 Posted: 13:49:27 22/02/2011

^Again, this. smilie
purple-dragon Green Sparx Gems: 352
#14 Posted: 06:40:06 25/02/2011
Having spyro and sparks in a amazing game!:smilie:
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#15 Posted: 07:38:29 25/02/2011
If you want to be technical, for me there hasn't been a Spyro game since YotD. This isn't me being a classic loyalist or anything, it's just the way my brain works. I've played all of the other console games in this series and some of handheld versions and enjoyed them well enough, but they don't register with me as really being Spyro. This is likely because the Insomniac games were the first ones I played and, once YotD was done with, I didn't pick up the series again until something like seven years later (at which time I was very surprised to learn that the franchise had continued).

I do think Skylanders Spyro is the closest thing to a Spyro game I've seen since the Insomniac days, but it is not likely going to be what registers with me as a Spyro game (unless Elora magically appears in it somehow, but she was also one of the defining things about the franchise for me and her appearance would mean that a lot of other things from those old games were back, too).
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#16 Posted: 08:30:21 25/02/2011
Quote: Razz
If you want to be technical, for me there hasn't been a Spyro game since YotD. This isn't me being a classic loyalist or anything, it's just the way my brain works. I've played all of the other console games in this series and some of handheld versions and enjoyed them well enough, but they don't register with me as really being Spyro. This is likely because the Insomniac games were the first ones I played and, once YotD was done with, I didn't pick up the series again until something like seven years later (at which time I was very surprised to learn that the franchise had continued).

I do think Skylanders Spyro is the closest thing to a Spyro game I've seen since the Insomniac days, but it is not likely going to be what registers with me as a Spyro game (unless Elora magically appears in it somehow, but she was also one of the defining things about the franchise for me and her appearance would mean that a lot of other things from those old games were back, too).

I agree with this.

The only game outside the Insomniac series that I consider a Spyro game is ETD, because that game was really close to the Originals. If it would have been finished, then it would have been just as great as them.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#17 Posted: 14:46:33 25/02/2011
Click. Go to Post # 4

That right there is just a. . . premise of what I think a Spyro game needs to be, in order for it be called a Spyro game in my books.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#18 Posted: 01:54:00 26/02/2011
Spyro! smilie
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
DeathStar Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#19 Posted: 08:18:30 26/02/2011
A slightly bloody Spyro game with better graphics and gameplay, not too vivid.
---
"oh sweet sweet sounds of 80s synthesizers, alleviate me...."
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#20 Posted: 10:07:45 26/02/2011
Spyro is one of many characters that captured the hearts of the people who played the games. In fact, I fell in love with Spyro games before I even got my playstation for my birthday that one year. A Spyro game is a game with Spyro that successfully continues to win the hearts of the people who love the dragon. However, some say they broke up with Spyro the moment Enter the Dragonfly was released. Others say that LoS Spyro went over to Original Spyro's house and murdered him. To me, all of the feature Spyro games have given me the experience I had when I first played his game. And I question whether that flame will ever become unkindled.

Is it weird that I refer to playing Spyro games as a romance?
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#21 Posted: 10:25:40 26/02/2011
Quote: riverhippo
Spyro is one of many characters that captured the hearts of the people who played the games. In fact, I fell in love with Spyro games before I even got my playstation for my birthday that one year. A Spyro game is a game with Spyro that successfully continues to win the hearts of the people who love the dragon. However, some say they broke up with Spyro the moment Enter the Dragonfly was released. Others say that LoS Spyro went over to Original Spyro's house and murdered him. To me, all of the feature Spyro games have given me the experience I had when I first played his game. And I question whether that flame will ever become unkindled.
Is it weird that I refer to playing Spyro games as a romance?

This is exactly how I feel!
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me