Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > Vampire Destiny (No, this has nothing to do with Twilight)
Page 1 of 1
Vampire Destiny (No, this has nothing to do with Twilight) [CLOSED]
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#1 Posted: 02:30:17 24/01/2011 | Topic Creator
As requested by some friends who have read my other Sonic fan fiction, "The Dark Spirit," I'm going to post my new fan fic here! smilie Enjoy~

Chapter 1: The Mysterious Creature
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In a small house by the country road, lied three girls in the night. They where Monica the Cat, Floral the Fox, and Dazzle the Rabbit. That night, Dazzle's throat was dry, so she got up for a drink of water. She sat up to rub her eye, and walked to the kitchen. She saw a shadow move on the wall. "Monica? Floral?" she called. "Is that you? Ah, I must be seeing things... It's the middle of the night." She walked into the kitchen, and heard a thump. She ignored it, and drank her water. When she came out of the kitchen, she saw the same shadow zip by. She stopped dead on her tracks, and looked around. She walked again, and heard creaking on the floorboards. She looked behind her, and she saw a dark figure standing behind her. "Monica?" she asked. "Fl-Floral??" Suddenly, the figure reached down, and bit into Dazzle's neck.

"Help!" she cried. The figure had sharp fangs, and when it was done, it jumped out the window, and vanished into the darkness. Dazzle just sat there with a confused and scared look on her face. Then Monica came out with a candle in her hand. "Dazzle, what's wrong?" she asked. Dazzle replied with a shuttering voice, "Just... Just a nightmare... I-I'll be fine." "Are you sure?" asked Monica. "I'm sure," said Dazzle. "You have two small blood spots on your neck, Dazzle," said Monica. Dazzle's eyes widen, and she got on her feet. "Whoa, whoa, there, what are you talking about?" she asked, as she put her hand on her neck, and looked at it. Her eyes widen again. "You're right," she said. "What's all the yelling about?" asked Floral, as she yawned and came out of the room. "It's nothing, Floral," said Monica. "Dazzle, you and I can discuss this tomorrow after soccer practice, OK? It's late, and we need to get back to bed." "Like I'm gonna get any sleep NOW," complained Dazzle. "Oh, come on," said Monica as she grabbed Dazzle's arm and ran into bed. Floral shrugged, and went to bed as well.

Meanwhile, out in the dark...

The sun was beginning to rise a few hours later. While the soft beams of the sun's rays where coming out, a red hedgehog ran across a field of flowers. He ran as fast as he could. Just as the sun came up, he jumped into a cave, and out of the light. Panting, he sat down on the floor. "Blade!" called out a voice. Out came another red hedgehog. "Blade!" she said running to the red hedgehog. He got up. "What is it, mom?" "You're almost late for the meeting of the vampires!" "Mom, I told you," said Blade, who was the hedgehog running through the field of flowers. "I'm not going to the meeting this year. All it is is the same ol' speech... And I'm staying home this time." "Blade," said Blade's mother. "You're coming with, weather you like it or not. And you've been gone all night. Where have you been?!" "I've been looking for food," replied Blade. "And who says you can go out and do that without parent's permission?" asked Blade's mom, crossing her arms. Blade gave up, and went to the meeting.

After the meeting, Blade walked home. As he looked around a corner of the winding caves, he saw a vampire hedgehog sitting all alone on a bench. Blade stared at her, and got closer. "Hey," he said. "What are you doing here all by yourself when you should be getting ready for bed?" The hedgehog jumped, and looked at Blade with her big eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry," said Blade. "Did I startle you?" The hedgehog said nothing, and stared at Blade. Blade looked down at his big scar he had across his stomach. "Oh, that?" he asked. "I have no idea how that got there... But it's tender." The hedgehog still said nothing, and stood up. She walked right up to Blade. "You should go," she said quietly. "Huh?" asked Blade. The girl said nothing else, and sat down. "Wait," said Blade. "Who are you?" The girl remained quiet, and stared at the floor. Blade stared at her, and walked home. "What a weird night," he thought to himself. "The victim I had for blood was such a screamer. And that vampire on the bench... What's her story?" All these thoughts where running through Blade's head as he finally got home. He jumped into bed, and fell asleep. These mysterious creatures who lived in the dark where vampires.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#2 Posted: 04:14:29 24/01/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks. :3
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
kitty kat299 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1078
#3 Posted: 18:16:21 28/01/2011
Cool.
---
PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!
#4 Posted: 02:59:03 02/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Chapter 2: Amber
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later, when Blade was asleep, he heard his parents talking. He lifted his head out of bed, and listened. They where talking about him. Confused, Blade got up, and sneaked around the corner. "He sucked the blood of a creature under the age of 18," said his father. "Do you know what that means?! He broke a law of our culture!" "Now, dear," said Blade's mom. "He must have just done it by accident. He probably didn't see." "But that mistake is big," said his father. "He deserves to be punished severely!"

Blade's eyes widen as he heard the conversation. He hadn't realized that his last victim, which was Dazzle, had been too young for vampire to take the blood of. Then he leaped out, and fell on his knees in front of his father. "I'm sorry!" she said. "I didn't know the victim was too young! I just..." Before he could finish, his dad's eyes grew angry. Then he shouted, "OUT!! You can no longer be a part of this family!" "Dear!" shouted Blade's mom. "You can't just do something like this at such a short notice!" "He has committed a crime!" cried Blade's dad. "And you think we should leave him here?!" "No," said his mother. "You're the one who's leaving. We're getting a divorce!" Suddenly, Blade's dad got angry, and attacked Blade's mom. Blade watched in horror, and ran out to the main caves.

As he ran, he thought to himself, "How did this happen...? It's all happening so suddenly! Is it my fault?" as he ran, he came around the corner, and saw the same hedgehog sitting on the bench from when the meeting ended. Blade stopped running, and looked at her. "Hey," he said. "What are you doing way out here this late? You should be back at your home." The hedgehog looked up at Blade. "Hey," he said. "Are you listening?" The hedgehog stood up, and looked at Blade. Then she hugged him. Confused, and feeling awkward, Blade said, "Um... Can I help you...?" The hedgehog eased her hug, and said, "My name is Amber, and it would be great if we could become friends." Blade was still confused. "Amber, huh?" he asked. "Uh huh," said Amber. "Huh," said Blade. "Well, what are you doing out here?" Amber looked at Blade. "I can't tell you," she said. Blade was feeling a little annoyed with this hedgehog, but was patient. "Want to sit down?" asked Amber. Blade looked at the bench, sighed, and sat down. Amber leaned against Blade, and Blade pushed her off. Amber swiftly turned to Blade. "Sorry," said Blade. "But just don't lean against me like that, OK?" Amber nodded.

The hour passed by, and Blade wanted to go back to bed. But every time he got up, Amber pulled him back down. The last time she did it, Blade shouted, "WILL YOU QUIT IT?!" Amber let go of Blade. "I don't know what your problem is, but it's creeping me out!" Amber looked at Blade, and back at the ground. "I'm sorry," she said. "I just get exited when I meet a new friend. See, I don't have any friends, because they always ditch me." "No offense," said Blade. "But I can understand why." Amber closed her eyes. "It's my fault, I know... But I just love meeting new people, and I get exited and overdo it. But please, if it's not too much, will you still remain to be my friend?" Blade stared at Amber, and nodded. "Really?" asked Amber. "That really means a lot to me!" "But remember," said Blade. "I'm not really the patient type, so don't go too overboard with this, OK?" Amber nodded. Blade replied, "Good. Well, I better go home..." "No, wait!" said Amber, tugging on Blade's tail. "Please stay one more hour!" Blade stared at Amber, and said, "OK, but one more hour. Then I'm going, OK?" Amber nodded, and Blade sat there with Amber another hour.

"So what's so secret anyway?" asked Blade. "Why can't you tell me why you're always here?" Amber placed her finger on Blade's mouth and said, "I can't tell you." Blade rolled his eyes, put his hands behind his head, and sat back. The hour passed by, and Blade said, "Well, I better get going... The hour is over. I'll see you later, Amber." Amber stared at Blade and said, "OK... Goodbye BFF!" "Don't call me BFF," said Blade. "Sorry," said Amber. Blade looked at Amber, and left for home. When he got home, he saw his parents both sleeping together. He knew things got better, and he went back to bed.

Amber stayed by the bench, and took a little locket necklace out of her pocket. She opened it up, and looked at it sadly. Then she laid on the bench, and fell asleep.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:49:03 04/02/2011 by DarkCynder10
#5 Posted: 18:42:16 04/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Chapter 3: The Past's Tale, and Amber's experience
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next night, when the vampires where active, Blade jumped out of his bed, and felt an awful pain on his stomach. "Urg!" he grunted as he leaned forward. He took slow, deep breaths, and walked to the kitchen. When he sat down, he felt the pain again. "Augh!" he cried. "Something wrong, dear?" asked Blade's mom. "No," replied Blade. "I just... Ache, I guess..." Blade's dad came out of the bedroom, looked at Blade, and sighed. "Son," he said. "Your mother and I are sorry about the fight we had the other day. We understand what you did was a mistake." Blade looked at his father, and nodded, "I'll forgive you." "Good," said his father. "Blade," he said. "Your mother and I... Thought we should tell you the truth." "What truth?" asked Blade. "It's about that scar we never tell you about," replied his father. "Was I in some kind of accident?" guessed Blade. "No," replied his dad. "It was... A terrible time." Blade listened carefully to his father's story.

"Blade," he started. "Did you know... That you had a brother?" Blade's eyes widen, and he answered, "No." Blade's mother sat next to his father, and shut her eyes tightly. "We can't tell him now," she said. "It's too early." "Then when do we tell him?" asked Blade's father. "We ought to do it now." "You're right," replied Blade's mother. Blade's father continued, "You see... Your brother was a strong lad. He had fighting skills that amazed your mother and I. He defended himself from many dangerous creatures that would try to harm him. He made us proud... Until one day, the day you where born, his powers where making him more proud of himself, and care less for other people. It all became so bad, that he began to hurt other vampires. We tried to put a stop to it, but he only got worse. We disowned him from our family, and he got so angry, that he took you, and cut you across your body. We thought for sure you'd die, but the doctor came in right on time, and saved you. Your brother's name... Was Shard. Now he's out in the world slowly, and dreadfully destroying the world with his... Evil powers. We found out that the only reason he was doing this, is because he was possessed by an evil poison that he had from a fruit. Because of that fruit, he's become... Nothing but a monster."

Blade listened to the story, and was in deep fear. His jaw was hanging open, and his eyes where wide open. "But... How could he... Why did..." "That's enough, Blade," said his father. "I know exactly how you're feeling right now. We're just as devastated as you are about this... But it can't be helped." "I need to stop him!" said Blade. "Blade!" said his mother. "You can't do that! Who knows what he'll do to you when he finds out you're alive?!" Blade stood up, and said, "I need to try. He's a part of my family, and he won't do this." "Blade," said his father. "It's not as easy as that. His strength and powers are far greater than yours. He could easily kill you." "So what if he kills me?" replied Blade. "He's taking over this world anyway, and he might attempt to kill EVERYBODY! What difference does it make?" Blade's parents looked down at the ground, and began to weep. Then his mom hugged him tightly. "Oh, Blade," she said. She didn't finish what she was going to say, and weeped harder. Then Blade's eyes got filled with tears. "I'm sorry," he said, as he hugged him mother back.

Blade's father stopped crying, and said, "You make me proud, Blade. You have strong courage." Blade stood there with his parents for a long time, and finally said, "I'm going now... I need to find Shard, and see what he's up to." "Do you know where Shard is?" asked Blade's father. "No," said Blade. "Shard," started his father, "is on the top of Memorial Hill. His dark cave is up there to protect him from the sunlight." Blade nodded, and hugged his parents, goodbye. Then he left.

As he went through the caves, he saw Amber on the exact same bench. "Amber!" he called, as he ran up to her. "Yes?" asked Amber as she looked at Blade. "I gotta tell you something!" said Blade. "What is it?" asked Amber. Blade replied, "I'm, uh... Gonna leave this place... And I thought I'd tell you." Amber's eyes widen, and she said, "What?!" Blade sighed, and said, "I'm sorry... But it's something important. It's about a family member of mine, and he's... Ah... Kind of in trouble, really..." Amber was silent, and finally said, "I'll come with you." Blade's eyes widen, and he said, "Oh, no, you don't! You're staying here on your little bench! It's a very dangerous task I must do, and I want to make sure you'll be OK. Amber stared at Blade with her large eyes, and said, "But... I want to help..." "Why?" asked Blade. "Why is this so important to you?" "Because," said Amber. "You're my only friend I have." Blade stared at Amber and said, "You're certainly a helpful friend, huh?" Amber nodded, "Mm hm." "I see," said Blade. "Well... You may come along... But be very careful, promise?" Amber smiled, and hugged Blade. "Oh, Blade," she said. "You have no idea how happy this makes me! I thought I'd never be helpful." Blade half ignored Amber, and said, "But your parents must know." Amber let go of Blade and said, "Well... About that... I have no family." "What?" asked Blade. "I'll explain it later," said Amber. Blade sighed, and said, "OK."

Then Blade and Amber walked out of the caves, and into the moonlight. Amber smiled, and ran out to the field. She danced around, and laughed. She looked up at the starry sky, and fell backward into the grass. "I forgot how beautiful the moon is," she said. "It's so... Romantic." Blade squinted and said, "Please don't use that word when it's just us two." "Sorry," said Amber. Then she took Blade's hand, and skipped down the field. Blade wanted to take his hand away from Amber, but he understood how happy she was. Blade thought about it, and smiled. Then he laughed as they ran down the moonlit field of flowers. Blade closed his eyes, and ran with Amber. Amber's laugh got happier as she ran with Blade. Her eyes shimmered in the moonlight, and Blade's eyes got filled with tears of joy. He already grew to like Amber more. Amber let go of Blade's hand, fell backward again, making a snow angel in the flowers. Blade watched her and smiled. It had been the best night he had in a long time. Then Amber got back up. "Um... Blade?" she asked. "Yes?" asked Blade. "Well," said Amber. "Is it too much to ask... If I could hug you...?" Blade's eyes watered, and he said, "Yes... You may..." Amber hugged Blade, and Blade began to cry quietly. The two hedgehogs stood there in that field of flowers till the sun rose again.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#6 Posted: 00:22:59 05/02/2011
nice *coughshelikeshimcough*
---
PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!
#7 Posted: 06:55:03 25/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Sorry for the topic bump, but I've been so busy, I could never write any chapters. D: So here you go~

Chapter 4: Tragic
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monica, Dazzle, and Floral had all gotten wrapped up with their project. "So," said Monica. "We have a lot of information on vampires, and I would like to give my report at school! Dazzle, Floral, thank you for helping!" "You're very welcome! It was fun!" said Floral. "Yeah, whatever," said Dazzle. "I still wish I could just forget that whole vampire thing ever happened so I can sleep." "Oh, stop complaining," said Monica. "It's just a little project. Anyway, this is just a question for the food supply: Floral, how are we on that?" "Oh," said Floral, "We're running low on food!" "Eh?" asked Dazzle. "Well," said Floral. "We ran out of cookie dough mix after I baked all those cookies for snacks while we did all that research on vampires. And all the punch is gone from the drinks. All the other food we used for snacks are used up. All we have left is a little bit of crackers." "WHAT?!" asked Dazzle. "WE'RE ALL OUT OF FOOD?!" "Relax, Dazzle," said Monica. "We're only out of clubhouse food. Our real homes have enough food, our clubhouse is just out of snacks. We can buy some more." "Oh," said Dazzle. "I forgot we where in the clubhouse." "So," said Floral. "I guess that's enough cooking for now! Whew, I could use a break." "Hey," said Monica. "Let's go tonight when the sun falls." "When the sun WHAT??" asked Dazzle. "Are you crazy?! Going into town at night is dangerous! Who knows what kind of creep is at the corner waiting to ambush us or something?!" "No, no," said Monica. "You see, the vampire research we did states that vampires are active mostly at night, due to the sun burning their skin and usually killing them. So if we see a vampire tonight, we can take a quick snapshot of it, bring it to school, and have full proof that vampires exist!" "That sounds nuts," said Dazzle. "But whatever. I guess we'll get our blood transferred away from us from some freaky ginormous mosquito." "Vampires aren't mosquitoes!" shouted Monica. "They just need to drink blood to live, just like you need any other kind of food in order to live! Vampires are just like us, only they have different characteristics. Now stop making fun of them, and let's go! It's dark enough to see a vampire searching for food now." Dazzle rolled her eyes, and followed Monica out the door. Floral looked around the room, and realized that Monica and Dazzle had left. "Wait, guys!" she called out. "Wait for me!" Floral ran out the door to catch up with Monica and Dazzle.

Meanwhile, back at the twisty, curvy underground caves, Blade looked outside and noticed small, fluffy balls lazily falling from the night sky. "Wait... Snow?" he thought. "But... It's September! I've never seen snow in September before. The field is still full of flowers... Could this possibly be a sign that time is running out? I need to go get Amber. Now!" Blade ran into the caves and found Amber sleeping on the same bench where they had met before. "Amber!" said Blade. "Wake up!" Amber opened on eye, and said "Blade...? Oh, good morning." Amber got up, rubbed her eye, and yawned. "Oh wow, it's chilly this morning... What's that all about?" "Come look outside," said Blade as he took Amber's hand. The two vampires walked out to the flower field, and Amber held her breath in awe. Her eyes where wide open, and she was speechless. "Why it's... Snow," she said. She let go of Blade's hand, and walked down the field. She smiled, and hummed. Blade sighed. "Yes," he said. "It's beautiful and graceful, but I'm not sure it's a good thing.It might be a sign that Shard is up to something." "Shard?" asked Amber. Blade sighed. "I guess you don't know the whole story," he said. "But I'll explain it later. Now, let's go into the town up north and see if we can get anything that might be useful for the trip, OK?" Amber nodded, and got closer to Blade. The two hedgehogs walked in the snow-covered field of flowers, and disappeared into the darkness.

As Blade and Amber walked into the small, northern town, they realized something weird. The snow had stopped. It was only snowing near the field of flowers. "It's defiantly a sign from Shard," said Blade. "He must know I'm coming for him... But how?" "Blade..." said Amber. Blade looked down at her, and she said nothing. The two hedgehogs continued down the trail. Once they hit the center of the town, Blade gave the instructions. "OK," he said. "There are two stores here that are open 24 hours a day, so we can get in now. I need to go down to the grocery store and get us food for the trip. You can stop by the general store and get whatever traveling gear looks necessary, OK?" "Understood," said Amber. "I'll get right to it!" "Good," said Blade. "Meet me here when you're done." Amber nodded, and headed down to the general store. Blade walked toward the grocery store.

Outside the grocery store, Monica, Dazzle, and Floral all came out with bags of groceries. "I can't believe I'm out here this late on a school night," mumbled Dazzle. "Chill," said Monica. "See, nothing bad happened to us!" "That was a piece of cake!" said Floral. Just as the three girls walked passed a dark ally, three goons had jumped out, and the girls screamed. They where a scruffy-looking echidna, wheezy fox, and a tough-looking bat. "Yeah, REAL nice idea," said Dazzle. "Let's go out in the middle of the town at night and not expect some creepy gang to come out and kidnap us!" "RUN!!" said Monica. Floral just stood there with her eyes wide open in fear. "Yeah, yeah," said the echidna as he grabbed Monica by the collar. "Help!! Help!" Cried Monica. The fox grabbed Dazzle, and the bat grabbed Floral. "Get go of me, you big galoot!" demanded Dazzle as she kicked around and struggled. "Meep," squeaked Floral. "Heh heh, good job, boss!" said the fox. "We got ourselves a triple pair of girls!" "You can't have a triple pair, you fool," said the bat. "Shut up, and let's go before somebody sees!" said the echidna.

Before the goons could go back into the ally, a voice was heard. "Let them go!" said the voice. "Eh?" asked the echidna, looking up. "Who's there?" "Listen, bub!" said the fox. "No, YOU listen!" said the voice. "Going out at night kidnapping poor, helpless children?! Shame on you all!" "Who are you?" asked the bat. "I'm right here," said the voice. Everybody looked at the direction of the voice, and saw a red hedgehog with a pale face walking toward them. It was Blade. "Well, well, well," said the echidna. "If it isn't our superhero of the day! Forget these kids." The echidna, fox, and bat all let go of Monica, Dazzle, and Floral. The girls grabbed the grocery bags and ran. "Yeah, smooth!" said Dazzle as they ran. "What where you thinking, Monica?!" "Well, SORRY!" said Monica. "I didn't think this would happen in a small town like this!" "Less talk, more run!" said Floral. Monica and Dazzle nodded in agreement, and continued to run.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#8 Posted: 06:55:28 25/03/2011 | Topic Creator
(Sorry for double post, I needed more room for the rest of the chapter)

Blade stared at the goons, and walked toward the grocery store. The gang stepped in front of him. "Please," said Blade. "Move aside." "Do you know who you're dealing with?!" asked the echidna. "We ain't gonna let you through without roughing you up a bit, first!" "What?!" shouted Blade. "You ruined out plans, buster," said the fox. "Now you're gonna get what you deserve!" The fox and the bat grabbed onto Blade's arms. "Hey!" shouted Blade. "Let go! Help!" The echidna looked at Blade, and the fox and bat held him up straight. "No!" said Blade. "Let me go!" The echidna said nothing. Instead he held up his fist, and pounded it against Blade's stomach. "AUGH!!" shouted Blade as he bent over in pain. The echidna did it again. "ERGH!!" shouted Blade again. He tried getting away, but the fox and bat had him held too tightly. The echidna pounded Blade again and again, until headlights where up ahead. "Toss him in the ally," said the echidna. The fox and bat did so, and all walked away. Blade laid in the ally, weeping in pain. It began raining, and he continued to lay there in the ally. He heard a faint voice call out, "Blade! Blade! Where are you?" Nearby, Amber was walking down the wet sidewalk, looking for Blade. She peeked into the ally, and found Blade laying in there, wounded. "Blade!" Shouted Amber, as she ran in the ally.

"Blade," said Amber. "I'm so sorry this happened to you!" Tears filled up in Amber's eyes. Blade looked over at her and said, "Don't be... It's not your fault." Blade tried to get up, but fell back to the ground. He breathed deeply and slowly, and tried again. He got half way up, but collapsed again. Amber watched with tears, and when Blade tried a third time, Amber broke into tears and shouted, "Please stop doing that! It's only making the pain worse! All you're trying to do is help this world with something, but you end up in this mess! I can't stand to watch you suffer like this! I just can't! ...I JUST CAN'T!!" Amber fell on her knees, and wailed in tears. Blade felt more sorry for Amber than himself. He sighed, and gently gave Amber a hug. As a flash of lightning went by, Amber said, "Blade... The only reason why I can't watch you suffer like this is because... Because I love you!!" She cried more, and Blade's eyes widen. He had no idea he was that important to Amber. He hugged Amber and said, "I love you, too..." Amber's eyes also widen, and she hugged Blade and weeped. The two hedgehogs stayed there in the ally together for the rest of the night.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
sparxlover8 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1339
#9 Posted: 23:42:22 25/03/2011
BEST FAC-FIC EVER!!!!!!!!!!
---
HAHAHAAAAMAWAAHAHHA!! I SHALL LAUGH IN THE FACE OF DANGER!!!!
I SHALL BE......PINKIE PIE!!!
#10 Posted: 04:04:21 27/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Ha ha, thanks! X3

Chapter 5: The Journey Continues
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That day, Monica, Dazzle, and Floral all woke up to the noisy alarm clock striking 7:00. The three girls yawned and rubbed their eyes. As they all got ready to go outside to wait for the school bus, Dazzle grabbed Monica by the collar and shouted, "ARE YOU CRAZY?!" "Huh??" replied Monica. "What did I do??" "What did you do?" asked Dazzle. "WHAT DID YOU DO?! YOU NEARLY GOT US ALL KILLED LAST NIGHT!! All because of a stupid project, we almost got kidnapped by a gang of goons, and they where probably going to do something horrible to all of us, like kill us in some sort of slow, painful death! You're the one who dragged us in that town! WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING?!" "Dazzle!" shouted Floral. "Leave Monica alone! I'm sure she already feels terrible enough about this!" "Hmph," grumbled Dazzle as she let go of Monica. Monica started crying quietly. "I forgive you, Monica," said Floral. Monica looked over at Floral and said, "Thank you... And I'm sorry I put you two in so much trouble." "It's fine," said Floral. "At least that hedgehog was there to save us. I wonder who he was? And why was he out so late at night?" "Probably doing SOMETHING crazy," said Dazzle. "Maybe he was drunk or something." "Hey," said Monica. "Come to think of it, you don't suppose he was a vampire, do you? I mean, he had such a pale face!" "That might be true," said Floral. "Well, here comes the bus," said Dazzle. "Time to face another horrible week at school. Lovely." The three girls got on the bus, and went to school.

The day went by, and night came. Amber woke up in the ally, and woke up Blade. "Hey, Blade!" she said. "Wake up! Are you feeling better?" "Huh?" asked Blade. "Oh, hi, Amber." "How are you feeling?" asked Amber. Blade sat up, and felt a pain in his stomach. "Ugh!" he grunted as he to the side, placing his hand on his stomach. Amber said in a worried tone, "That looks painful... What did they do to you?!" Blade looked at Amber and said, "They mugged me." "They what?!" asked Amber. "Well," said Blade. "They got a hold of me pretty tightly, and the leader of the thug group started to punch my stomach really hard... It especially hurts, because he punched me right where my scar is." Amber's eyes got full of tears. "Don't cry," said Blade. "I'll be fine... I just... Need to be careful." At that moment, snow began to lightly fall to the ground. "There it is again," said Blade. "We need to hurry. Shard must be up to no good." "But Blade!" said Amber. "You're hurt! You need to rest!" "There are times when we need to be strong and let these things slip by," said Blade. "Weather it's pain, sorrow, anger, or anything like that, we can't let it get in our way of our path in life. Understand?" Amber nodded. "OK, good," said Blade. He grabbed onto the corner of a dumpster in the ally, and used it to lift himself up. (Because he was in pain, and needed something to support him up.) He shut his eyes tightly, bent over a bit, and breathed slowly. He and Amber looked at each other, and continued their journey.

As they went down the road, Blade got stronger, and the pain got weaker. He looked at Amber walking by his side, and sighed. They walked several miles, and Amber said, "Blade..." "Hm?" asked Blade. "Can we please take a break?" asked Amber. "My feet are starting to hurt." Blade smiled at Amber and said, "OK. We can take a break." "Thank you," said Amber as she sat on a rock. Blade kept starring at her as if he was trying to tell her something. "Hey, Amber," he said. "Can I... Tell you something?" Amber's big eyes shifted over to Blade, and she said, "Sure." "Well," said Blade. "I uh... Still remember the first day when we met... And you really helped me in encouragement during this journey." "Yes?" asked Amber. "And," said Blade. "I guess what I'm trying to say here is... I, uh... Guess we've known each other for a while here now, and..." Amber stared at Blade. Blade said, "...Amber! Will you... W-will you be my girlfriend!?" Amber's eyes widen, and she put her hands over her mouth. Her eyes where shaking with tears filled in them. "I love you, Amber! You're beautiful, and you're a sweet girl!" Amber didn't even respond. She just stood there with her hands over her mouth, and her eyes shaking with tears filling them in. Finally she said, "I'd... I'd love to... I... I love you, too!" Blade smiled with his mouth open, and he hugged Amber, and said, "Thank you! You have no idea how this means to me!" Amber started crying in Blade's arms, and Blade noticed that she was smiling. They hugged for a long time as the moonlight shimmered on the land.

They finally stopped hugging, and Blade said with tears in his eyes, "Yes, we should continue. We should be on our way up to the Twin Mountains. Rumor says that there's a trail there that leads to Memorial Hill, which is where Shard is." "Who is Shard?" asked Amber, with her voice still shaking with excitement. Blade looked at thew ground, and told Amber the story of Shard. Amber looked at the ground and said, "That's awful." "I know," said Blade. "But we can stop him if we work together, so let's get moving. OK?" Amber nodded, and she and Blade continued on with the journey, stopping by the Twin Mountains next.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#11 Posted: 17:06:49 27/03/2011
awesome. I wonder why Blade didn't bite the goons though.....
---
PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!
#12 Posted: 18:21:32 27/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Because he didn't want them to know he was a vampire, because he knew that Shard was suspicious of his life, and he didn't want Shard to know he was looking for him, because that would take away his position and fail at defeating him. Makes sense?
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
cynder2000 Gold Sparx Gems: 2277
#13 Posted: 21:33:04 27/03/2011
Oh,nice story!smilie
---
(Avatar made by CinderLover!smilie)
"In a dog-eat-dog world, we lose part of our humanity."
I'm still here, but I'm mainly invisible...
#14 Posted: 00:20:48 28/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Why thank you! ^.^

Chapter 6: The Mysterious Girl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blade and Amber continued down the trail. The walk seemed like it was taking forever, but finally, they could see the Twin Mountains up ahead. Blade and Amber looked at each other and nodded. They continued to walk forth, but they stopped when they heard wrestling in the bushes. They looked over, and kept going. The bushes wrestled again. This time, Blade and Amber saw something moving in them. Amber slowly grabbed tightly onto Blade's arm, and Blade got ready for anything. As the wrestling continued, a small chipmunk jumped out of the bush. "YEAHH!!" shouted Blade as he got into his fighting position. "Wait," he said. "What am I doing?" After a moment of silence, the two vampire-hedgehogs started laughing. Right as they started, though, a howl was heard. "Get back!" said Blade. "But Blade!" said Amber. "I'll be fine!" said Blade. Amber stared at Blade, and hid behind a large rock. Blade looked around, and saw nothing. At that moment, a large, wolf-like creature jumped out of the forest. Blade jumped, and slowly backed away. The creature had large fangs, which where shimmering in the moonlight, and large claws. It leaped on Blade, and started gnarling and clawing him. "BLADE!!" screamed Amber as she got up from behind the rock. "Amber!" shouted Blade. "Get out of here! I'll take care of this!"

Amber refused to leave, and watched in horror. She wanted to help, but she was too afraid. As Blade wrestled the large wolf-like creature, the creature pinned Blade and took a large bite out of his shoulder. "AAAUUGGGGGHHH!!!" shouted Blade as he tried to push the wolf-like creature off of him. "LEAVE HIM ALONE!!" shouted Amber. The creature looked at Amber, snarled, and chased after her. "BLAAADE!!" she screamed. "HELP ME!!" Blade knew Amber was in danger, so he jumped up, and chased after the creature. He jumped on it, and the wolf-like creature shoved him off, using it's large claws. Blade got half way up, shutting one eye, and got up all the way. He took one more leap to the wolf-like creature, and bit it's neck. The creature yelped, and trashed around. Blade sucked the blood out of the creature, and it flung Blade off and against a tree, and it ran into the forest. Amber had ran out of breath, and she noticed Blade laying next to a tree. She slowly walked toward him, and took his hand. Blade barley opened his eyes, and looked up at Amber. Her tear-filled eyes shined in the moonlight, and her pupils where shaking from the tears. Blade smiled slightly and said, "Why are you crying? It's over... The creature is gone." "But," said Amber, "look at you... You're a mess! I'm getting tired of seeing you getting injured like this all the time! Having a horrible scar is bad enough, but the fact that everything you see tries to kill you?! I can't take it!!" Blade put his hand on Amber's cheek and said, "Not everything has tried to kill me..." At that moment, Amber's eyes widen, and she let go of her tears, and hugged Blade tightly.

"Blade," said Amber. "I'm not sure if this is very helpful, but the general store was selling some narrow fabric... Maybe we can use them as some casts and bandages for you." "That very sweet of you, Amber," said Blade. "Thank you." Amber wrapped the fabrics on Blade, and he got up. "We're almost to the Twin Mountains... Let's keep going." Amber nodded, and the two hedgehogs continued down the road. They finally got to the mountains. Blade whistled, and said "Boy, check that out... That's gonna take some hiking time." He took Amber's hand, and they both hiked up the first Twin Mountain. It took a lot of hiking, but they finally made it to the top. On top, there where lots of white flowers. "Wow,"said Amber. "It's beautiful up here..." "It is, isn't it?" replied Blade. "But look! There's little lights flying around! Are those fireflies?" The lights floated around the area, and formed a circle. "I don't think those are fire flies," said Amber. "They're acting unusual." "True," said Blade. They watched as the lights went up, and formed the shape of a body. Amber was a little creeped out, but Blade was fascinated. They lights got brighter and brighter, and eventually became blinding. Amber and Blade squinted their eyes, and put their arms over their eyes. Then the lights all popped, and spread all across the valley. When they did so, a girl who was standing in the same spot slowly lifted up her head. She had large, red eyes, and a golden dress. Her eyes had a worried, sad expression, and she said nothing. Blade and Amber stared back, and their jaws where open, and their eyes where opened widely. Finally, the girl said, "Are you... The one who's seeking for the ruler of Memorial Hill? ...Shard?" Amber looked at Blade, and Blade said, "Um... Yes, that's me."

"I see," said the girl, who's voice sounded very weak. "My name is Ana... Ana the Echidna." Ana was light grey, and her dreadlocks where short and wavy. She was very timid, frail, and shy. "What happened to you?" she asked Blade. "I got in a fight with a wolf-looking creature," replied Blade. "It nearly tore me into pieces... Luckily, Amber here saved me by dragging it away." "Hm," said Ana. She looked down, and said quietly, "Please come to me..." Blade obeyed, and Ana removed his bandages. She took the lights, and placed them in Blade's cuts. When she did that, they healed. Soon, Blade was all better. "That... That was amazing! How did you do that?" Ana said nothing, blinked, and faded away. Blade and Amber looked around, and noticed that the sun was rising. "Oh no!" said Amber. "Blade, we have to go! The sun will burn us up! We're vampires, remember?" "Of course I remember!" said Blade. "But... There's no shelter..." Blade fell on his knees as a sign of surrender, and Amber started to cry. "I don't want to die!" she cried. Blade closed his eyes, and cried silently. Soon, the sun was up, and Blade and Amber knew they where going to burn up and die. But nothing happened. They both looked up, and clearly saw the sun in the sky, but they didn't even feel any burning feeling. "It must be Ana giving us some sort of protection,"said Blade. "Could be," said Amber. The two hedgehogs sat there in the flowers, and stared into the sky, wondering who this Ana was, why she was helping them, and if they'd ever see her again.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:21:17 28/03/2011 by DarkCynder10
#15 Posted: 00:43:40 28/03/2011
Oh,nice chapter!
---
#16 Posted: 02:38:51 28/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Thank you! ^.^
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#17 Posted: 22:44:51 29/03/2011
You're welcome!It's awesome!smilie
---
#18 Posted: 21:46:51 31/03/2011
nice new chapter!:3
---
PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!
#19 Posted: 21:35:36 06/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks! ^.^

Chapter 7: Amber's past
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amber woke up, and realized they had slept in the sun. "Huh?" she said to herself. "I thought we'd die... Maybe that Ana kid really does exist." She sat there a while, looked at Blade, and got up. The sun was still up. She looked up, squinted, and smiled. She realized how beautiful the sun was. She looked up into the sky, and walked forward. She began making little spins and twirls, and laughed as she danced around in the sunlight. When she stopped dancing, she got on her knees next to Blade, and stroked his face as he slept deeply in the flowers. She smiled, kissed his cheek, and got back up. She started dancing more, and hummed a joyful melody. She fell backward into the flowers, and began making snow angels in the flowers. While she was doing this, Blade opened one eye, and looked over at Amber. He got up, and took her hand. As Amber and Blade looked at each other while holding hands, they laughed, and hugged each other. They glanced over at the second Twin Mountain, and saw Ana walking among the flowers. "I wonder what the story behind that girl is?" asked Blade. "I remember that she healed my wounds after I got attacked by that wolf thing the other night. Before she could explain anything, she disappeared and now she's on the other Twin Mountain! I wish I knew about her past..."

They watched as Ana walked about the second Twin Mountain. Amber sighed. "Something wrong?" asked Blade. "No," said Amber. "But... I suppose you want to know my past." "What do you mean?" asked Blade. "Like, why I was always on that bench back at the caves," said Amber. "Ah," said Blade. "Yes, I guess I would wish to hear about your past." Amber sat down on a rock, and sighed again. "Well," she said. "It's not a very pretty story, but... OK." Blade sat next to Amber, and listened carefully to her story.

Amber started her story with, "I was... About eleven when this happened. It was night time, so I went outside in the moonlight. My parents came out and asked me to try and get my own food, because I needed to start drinking the blood of my victims myself in the future, so I had to start training. So I agreed to the idea, and went out looking for a prey. When I found somebody roaming around, I decided to try them. Unfortunately, when I sucked their blood, I realized they where an infant in a tent with his parents. I tried to save him, but he died. Killing infants is one of the biggest crimes for a vampire to do. So I ran away, and cried in my room... That's when I saw my father storming in, shouting out, 'Amber! You killed an infant! I thought I could trust you not to fail at least once! You're a disappointment to me!' I cried, and tried hugging him, but he pushed me off. Then my mother came is saying, 'Dear, take it easy on her!' They both eventually got into a fight, and I felt as if it where my fault. Then my father knocked out my mother and screamed, 'You can no longer live in this household!! You broke the biggest law of the vampire race! We are disowning you!' Then I shouted out, 'Father!' and he just grabbed me, and tossed me out of the house. Then I ran to the bench, sobbed, and lived there since. So, I was disowned from my family, and I was afraid. That's why you always found me by the bench."

"I see," said Blade. "So now I know why you where looking for a friend... Because you where afraid, and wanted somebody to protect you." Amber looked down and said quietly, "Yes... And I found you..." As they sat there for a while, they felt cold, fluffy stuff falling on them. They looked up and saw that it was snowing. "Shard must be giving another warning," said Blade. "How do you know it's Shard?" asked Amber. "Because," said Blade, "notice how the snow only falls in places we're in. He must be trying to weaken us with the cold. We must hurry to Memorial Hill and find Shard before it's too late." "Too late for what?" asked Amber. "Well," said Blade. "See, Shard is trying to kill me, so we need to get moving before he weakens us and captures us. He may try to kill you, too, because you've helped me a lot on this journey." Amber nodded, and the two got up and kicked down the Twin Mountain. As they went down the trail, Ana watched them move away. "Good luck," she whispered. "Good luck to both of you." Ana closed her eyes, and she disappeared into the falling snow, and a small light from where Ana was standing followed Amber and Blade down the road.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#20 Posted: 23:16:34 07/04/2011
Ooooh,very nice!smilie
---
#21 Posted: 00:44:02 11/04/2011
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
#22 Posted: 05:16:24 17/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks, you two! ^.^

Chapter 8: Shard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blade and Amber continued to walk down the trail, and they looked up at the sky. They saw a falcon circling in the sky. "Look at that falcon," said Amber. "It's beautiful." Blade said nothing, and continued to walk. He kept an eye on the falcon. Eventually, the falcon started to fly down toward Blade and Amber. "Blade, look out!" shouted Amber. "Huh??" replied Blade as he looked over his shoulder. The falcon came down and grabbed Blade with it's sharp claws. It ripped some of Blade's flesh off, and flew off with blood covering it's claws. "Augh!! Geez!" said Blade. "What is it with nature and being so passive-aggressive these days?!" Amber ran over to Blade and hugged him tightly. "are you OK, Blade?" she asked. "Yeah," said Blade. "I'm fine. But ow... What did I do? Are we too close to a mother's nest or something?" "I'm not sure," said Amber. "But I'm glad you're OK." "Yeah," said Blade. "If I've had half my shoulder bitten off by a strange wolf thing, I'm pretty sure I can survive a falcon scratching me up a bit." When Amber looked up at Blade, she saw that he was smiling at Amber. "You're kind of cute, you know that?" said Blade. Amber blushed, and said nothing. Blade laughed and said, "Right... We better continue on." "But Blade!" said Amber. "What about that big scratch from the falcon?" "That's nothing," said Blade. Amber just stared at Blade, and they both continued to go down the trail to Memorial Hill.

Meanwhile, the falcon was flying high in the sky. As it flew into the sky, it soared down to Memorial Hill. There on Memorial Hill was a dark figure with a dark cape flowing in the wind. As the falcon landed on the figure's arm, the figure put down the hood it had on. It was Shard. He stared at the falcon, and wiped the blood off it's claws with his finger. He examined the blood, and it all flowed up in the air, and entered Shard's body. "This is it," he said. "This is the blood of a vampire... Tell me. Who is it? Who dares to try and defeat me?!" The falcon did some sort of movement for communication. Shard's eyes widen, and anger grew in his eyes. "It can't be," he said. "The visitor of Memorial Hill... Is Blade?! He survived?!" Shard held his hands into fists and breathed deeply. "He won't... Get away for what he's done to me. He doesn't realize what his true past is... You!" Shard pointed at the falcon. "Go and keep an eye on Blade. Give him a few warnings that once he gets here... His time on this world will be over." The falcon spread out it's wings, and flew back to the forest where Blade and Amber where resting.

Shard watched as the falcon flew away. He grinned, and said, "Don't worry, Blade. I'll give you enough time to say goodbye to this world. Don't expect to have your death so sudden... In fact, expect much pain when you get here... Because you'll get what you deserve! You will not get away with what you've done to my life!!" Shard stood there in the strong wind, and lighting struck the ground behind him. He folded his hands, and grinned evilly as he walked into the cave on the side of Memorial Hill.

Meanwhile, back at the forest, Blade and Amber had fallen asleep on their break. When Blade woe up, he looked around and noticed that all they where off the trail and in the middle of the forest. Strange noises where heard from different directions, and the ground was wet and mucky. "What...?" said Blade in a puzzled tone. "How did we get off the trail?" Amber opened her eyes, and also noticed that they where in the middle of the forest. Every time they hard an unusual sound, they jumped. "Blade," whispered Amber. "I'm scared..." She grabbed unto Blade's arm, and Blade looked around at all directions. "Don't worry," he said. "I'm here... I'll protect you from anything." Blade and Amber slowly stood up, and began walking a random direction. Little did they know, they where being spied. One of the spies was the falcon Shard sent, and the other spy was Ana. Ana looked over and saw the falcon staring at her dis-pleasingly. Ana's eyes began to glow, and when she blinked, the falcon spread it's wings and flew away. Ana had special powers and wanted to protect Blade and Amber. As they continued to walk through the unfamiliar forest, Ana followed them without being seen.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#23 Posted: 15:42:18 17/04/2011
Very nice chapter!And you're welcome!smilie
---
#24 Posted: 17:02:00 22/04/2011
I LOVE THIS CHAPTER! >u<
---
PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!
#25 Posted: 06:15:54 24/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks. smilie

Chapter 9: Farewell
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blade and Amber where still lost in the deep forest. They heard many odd sounds from various creatures. Amber held tightly to Blade's arm, and they eventually found a small grove. When they entered, they saw Ana standing in the middle of it. "Ana!" said Blade. "What are you doing here?" Ana looked down and said, "I'm... Sorry if I put too much trouble on you two. But... I had to bring you here when you where sleeping so i could tell you exactly why I'm like this. This ghost-like creature..." Amber looked up at Blade, and listened carefully to Ana's story.

Ana started off with, "I used to be a normal echidna girl... I was fully solid, and I had more color to myself than this. I was weak, but tried my hardest to help my family with their needs. Everything was peaceful and lovely. We had a simple life together... Until one day when my father asked me to go to the Twin Mountains and gather some flowers for mother as a gift. I was excited, because I always wanted to go to those mountains. So I ran down the trail, and hiked up the first Twin Mountain." "The Twin Mountains?" said Blade. "Isn't that where we met?" Ana nodded sheepishly, and continued her story. "Everything up there was beautiful," she said. "I stayed up there for about an hour... Dancing, playing, singing, running around... It was a great experience. Until he came." "Who came?" asked Blade. Ana's eyes grew sad, and her mouth began to quiver. "Shard," she said. "Shard came to the mountain... He saw me running around, and he saw me as an easy victim. So he came up to me, and he took out a large knife, and he began to stab me several times. It was horrifying... I wailed in pain, and tried to get away, but he had me as his victim. He kept on going and going until I finally died." "But wait!" said Blade. "If he killed you, why would we be talking to you now?" Ana looked up at Blade and said, "Well... These floating lights came around my body, and entered it. I stood up, and found myself as this terrifying ghost with these red eyes and pale skin. I didn't want to scare my family, so I... I stayed there. I stayed there, haunting the Twin Mountains."

After the story, Blade stood there speechless, and his eyes where wide open. Amber began to cry quietly, and looked down, covering her eyes. "That's just awful!" she said. "Why would Shard kill an innocent girl like you and turn you into this ghost?! What kind of a heartless monster would do such a thing?!" Blade shut his eyes, trying to hold in tears. Ana stared at Blade and Amber as they cried. For the first time in a long time, she smiled. "You don't have to feel bad," she said. "As long as I can still be with you two, I'm content enough to move on in life." Blade opened his eyes, and tears came pouring out. "But," he said, "Shard killed you in a slow, horrible way. I can't just let that slip by. You must have been terrified." Ana said with a smile, "I was... But I made it through, right? Sure, my appearance has changed, but I'm still the same Ana. I've learned that even if times may seem scary and dark, we can still go through them if we have enough courage. Even if the results are unfortunate, we still got the task done. And we should always be grateful in victory. I survived Shard's evil grasp. ...So here I am." Blade wiped away some tears, and said, "You're right, Ana. If we just believe in ourselves and hold on to our courage, we can go through even the hardest situations in life. I know I can stop Shard. Although it may seem frighting, I know I can do it." Ana giggled and said, "I'm glad. By the way... I also brought you to a shorter path to Memorial Hill. But... Amber should stay here with me." "Huh?" replied Amber. "Well," said Ana. "Shard is a very frighting and dangerous vampire, and I would think Blade wants you to be safe. Right, Blade?" Blade nodded. "I do," he said.

Later, Blade walked up to Amber and said, "I'm going now." Amber looked at him and said quietly, "Be safe..." Blade nodded and said, "I will try my hardest." When he turned around to go down the trail, Amber said, "Blade?" "Yes?" replied Blade. "Well, um... I'll miss you..." Blade looked at Amber and said, "I'll miss you too, Amber. But I promise I'll be safe." "Even so," said Amber. "I'm still worried. You where my very first friend... My only friend. And it's hard to see you go..." Blade's eyes where filling with tears, and Amber whispered, "I love you." Then she ran up to Blade and hugged him tightly. As she hugged him, she began to cry loudly. Blade let go of his tears, and hugged Amber back. Amber held on, and tears ran down her face as she wailed. Blade held on tightly, and said, "I'm so sorry... I'm sorry that I put you through all of this trouble." Amber looked at Blade and said, "What trouble? You've changed my life! I feel as though I just got stronger and braver... So if you can face Shard on a dark hour like this... I can do many other things I never thought possible." Blade let go of more tears, and said, "I will always love you, Amber. Weather you're weak or strong, you'll always have a special place in my heart." After the long hug, Blade looked down the trail. He could see Memorial Hill. He sighed, and began to walk down the trail. Behind him was Amber waving, and watching him with tears filling her eyes.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#26 Posted: 04:57:49 25/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Death's Grasp
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As Blade walked down the trail to Memorial Hill after leaving Amber, he thought to himself, "Why am I here? Why was I ever born? All my life has been a disaster. I've had a somewhat abusive father, and I find out that my own brother is trying to destroy this planet. And when I'm just trying to stop him, almost everything I've met on this trip has tried to kill me... First some crazy city punks come out and beat me half to death... Then a strange wolf-like thing comes out and bites half my shoulder off, and then a large falcon swoops down and tears some of my skin off. And now I have to face this horrible vampire... Shard... Shard the Hedgehog. What is he planning on doing to me anyway?" So many thoughts where going through Blade's mind as he came closer and closer to Memorial Hill, which was actually a large mountain. He kept on walking, and his fears clouded in his mind more and more as he came closer to the mountain. His heart began to pound hard, and sweat came down the sides of his head. He breathed deeply, and held his hands into tight fists. His heart pounded harder and harder. He could hear it beating, and he began to breath faster. By the time he came to the foot of Memorial Hill, he nearly had a nervous breakdown. Tears ran down his face, and he said, "I can't do it! I just don't have the courage! I'm not ready for this!" But he had the thought of Ana's encouragement running through his mind, and he stood up bravely, and said, "I can do this... I can do this... I'm not scared..." He kept on repeating this, and began to climb up Memorial Hill. As he climbed up the steep mountain, he kept on getting flashbacks of all the times he had spent with Amber. They began to distract him, and he let go of the rock he had grabbed a hold of. He landed in a branch sticking off the edge of the mountain, and wept. "No!" he said. "I can't let these thoughts distract me! I have to continue! I'm almost there!" He climbed some more, and more flashbacks came into his mind. He tried to ignore them, and continued to climb up the steep mountain.

When Blade finally reached to the top of the mountain, he collapsed from exhaustion. Everything was blurry from his tears filling his eyes. He felt as if everything had left. He felt like everything abandoned him, and he was left all alone in a world full of darkness, loneliness, and sorrow. He curled up, and tried to comfort himself. "I close my eyes," he said, "and see myself climbing a cliff... Under constant douse by a waterfall. The snow blankets the surrounding land. It makes me think...Why am I here? Why am I climbing this endless mountain called life? Why is the water pushing against me? And... What awaits me at the end?" While all the thoughts where going through Blade's mind, a voice was heard, and made him jump.

"I see you've made it in one piece," said the voice. Blade stood up and said, "Who are you? Show yourself!" "You mean you don't know?" said the voice. "I am the only one who dwells on this cursed mountain. I'm the one who has been waiting for you for some time... My name is Shard. Shard the Hedgehog." As Shard said this, he emerged from the cave on the side of Memorial Hill, and stood about two feet away from Blade. "You're Blade the Hedgehog... Right?" Shard asked with a small grin. Blade could feel his fears wrapping around him and he said, "Yes... That's me." His heart was beating like a drum, and he had fear in his eyes. "Well," said Shard. "I suppose you'd like to hear a tale about your past. You see Blade, if it weren't for you being delivered to this world, I would have never had been like this." "What are you talking about?" asked Blade. "I didn't do anything wrong! You just took a knife and cut me open when I was only an infant, and just about killed me! If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be so tender with this scar like this." Shard looked at Blade and said, "Those tales where nothing but lies. The true story is that you became angry at me, and attacked me. You where angry because I had been a terrible brother by not ever paying attention to you or your needs. I only did that because I was busy trying to fulfill my destiny. But you came out and attacked me, leaving this scare above my eye. I had no choice, and had to knock all of the memory out of you, and pretend you never existed. You forgot about everything, and I wanted revenge for everything on this world. Everything was treating me like a pile of scum, which is also why I got into so many fights. So now I'm here, using my powers to slowly destroy this miserable world." "I don't believe that!" said Blade. "I would never attack you for a stupid reason like that! This story is nothing but lies!" Shard became angry at Blade and said, "Then I'll just give you a glimpse of your future." Blade put his hand over his heart, and felt it pounding. He gulped quietly, and got ready for anything.

Shard held out his hand, and the falcon came swooping down. When it landed on Shard's hand, it turned itself into a large knife. "Let's end this," said Shard. He ran after Blade, and Blade couldn't help but run. "COME BACK HERE, COWARD" shouted Shard as he swung his knife around trying to cut Blade. Blade ran as fast as he could, but came to the edge of the mountain. He breathed fast, and looked behind him. He saw Shard running toward him with his knife. Blade was trembling in fear, and when Shard ran up to Blade, he stabbed the knife into Blade's scar, and began to cut down the scar. Blade screamed in pain, and tried to get away, but Shard pinned him to the ground, and slowly continued to cut down the scar. Blade's tears ran down his face. Shard grinned and punched Blade in the jawbone. "Sha... Shard!" said Blade. Shard ignored him, and removed the knife. As he held it high in the air, blood dripped off the end, anf onto the ground. Shard stabbed Blade again, and said, "You seriously thought you could defeat me? Foolishness." Shard began to cut down again, and Blade wailed in pain as more tears came rolling down his face. A small puddle of blood was laying by Blade, and Shard removed the knife once more. Blade lied there and grunted in pain. Everything to him was looking blurry. He barely opened his eyes. When he did, Shard punched him again in the jawbone. Shard laughed evilly as he watched Blade suffer and bleed. Blade's eyes grew with even more anger than before, and he jumped up, and pounded Shard in his jaw. Blade wiped some blood off his lip, and continued to attack Shard. When he tried to grab him, he just fell on Shard's knife, and collapsed again. Shard stomped on Blade's leg, and eventually broke it. "Enough!" he said. Blade, at this point, was in so much pain, he couldn't even cry out loud anymore. He just lied on the ground and cried silently, and shut his eyes tightly. "I don't believe this!" he thought. "How can I fail like this?! I promised Amber I would survive! And I promised I would save this world from him... But it's too late now. He's... Given me to death's grasp." Blade's sight became dark and blurry. His eyes where shaking with the tears filling them in. "I've... Ruined the future... For everything," he thought.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#27 Posted: 04:58:15 25/04/2011 | Topic Creator
(Continuing post above)

As Blade lied down and gave one last look at Shard, his vision became darker and darker. Finally, he closed his eyes and died. When Shard saw that Blade had been defeated, he let out a long, evil laugh. "Finally!" he said. He dipped his hand in the puddle of blood from Blade, and held it in the moonlight. "The blood of the chosen vampire!" he said. "With this blood, a power will come into me. I will be protected from all light, and soon, this world will be put out of it's misery!" He closed his eyes, and got ready. Lightning began to flash in the sky, and harsh winds began to blow. Shard grinned. But as the sun began to peek it's first rays up, it began to burn Shard. "What?!" he said. "No! Why isn't the spell working?!" He tried to run into the cave, but the sun was coming up too quickly, and it burnt him to the ground. "NOO!!" he shouted as he burned down.

Meanwhile, Amber was running up the mountain. "He has to be safe!" she thought to herself. "He has to be!" When Amber got up to the top of the mountain, she saw Blade lying down dead. "Bla... Blade??" she called as she ran to his body. She lifted his head and said, "Blade! It's me! Amber! Did... Did you defeat Shard?? Blade...? Can you hear me...? Blade?! BLADE!!!" Amber hugged the body tightly, and wept her heart out. "No!! This isn't what I want!! Blade promised me he'd win! ...THAT WAS A PROMISE!!" Amber wailed, and felt as if all hope was lost.

As Amber sat there weeping in sorrow, Ana came into present. "Ana!" said Amber. "Blade! He's... He just..." "I know," said Ana. "But I know what to do." Ana walked to the edge of Memorial Hill where the sun shined hardest. She spread out her arms, and began to float. "Ana?" said Amber. "What are you doing...?" Ana turned to Amber, ans smiled with tears of happiness covering her eyes. "I'm going to trade lives with Blade," she said. "He's wounds will be healed, and he'll be healthy. Don't worry about Shard anymore. He's gone." "What?" said Amber. "But, Ana! You're so young!" "Why bother to live any longer?" asked Ana. "I'm this ghost who has no ending in life anyway... So I'll happily trade my life with Blade. He'll be the same, so don't worry about any ghosts." Ana's eyes shook with the tears filling her eyes, and she smiled as she lifted high in the sky. "Ana!" called Amber. Ana didn't answer. Instead she bursted into light particles, and they entered Blade's body. His cuts where sealed shut, and he opened his eyes. "Amber!" he said. Amber said nothing, and stood there with her hands over her mouth and her eyes wide open. "You did it," she whispered. "Shard is gone." "What about Ana?" asked Blade. Amber covered her eyes and began to weep again. "She... Traded her life with you so you're safe again. That sweet girl being so loyal to her friends..." Blade looked up at the sky, and hugged Amber. "So this was my destiny," said Blade. "My vampire destiny... Was to save this world from Shard. Even so, Ana had to die by trading her life for my life. But, you know what? ...I bet she feels really good about herself." Amber looked up and said, "Yeah... I want to be loyal like Ana." Blade and Amber sat there and watched as the sun rose up. They still had protection from the rays. Finally, they began their journey back home, to tell everybody that everything was going to be OK. All thanks to Blade, who was courageous enough to face Shard, and Ana, who was loyal enough to trade her life with Blade. Blade and Amber will always remember Ana as their dear friend, and will never forget her love toward her friends.

-The End
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#28 Posted: 00:36:37 30/04/2011
Sad, Awesome! It's SAWESOME!!!!!!!
---
#29 Posted: 18:17:01 30/04/2011
Oh,that was such a GREAT ending!Very good story!smilie
---
#30 Posted: 21:33:30 30/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks! smilie It was fun to write. smilie
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#31 Posted: 23:44:55 30/04/2011
You're welcome.It was fun to read!smilie
---
#32 Posted: 02:43:20 01/05/2011 | Topic Creator
Heh heh. smilie

If you're interested, I have some of the main characters in my GB.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#33 Posted: 15:42:49 01/05/2011
O MAI AWESOME That was the coolest, most dramatic chapter!
---
PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!
#34 Posted: 16:45:22 01/05/2011
^ Yeah,I agree!
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me