Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What was the purpose of the Moons?
Page 1 of 1
What was the purpose of the Moons? [CLOSED]
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#1 Posted: 01:35:51 23/01/2011 | Topic Creator
Now what I really don't get is how is it that Spyro manages to turn dark by a beam coming from a eclipse, I doubt the Moon is evil or has what it takes to become corrupted, Sure Malefor's beam can corrupt anything in it from the looks of it but how would that bring Malefor back...Unless TLOS is fuelled by more magical moons.

Plot hole again.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 03:36:56 23/01/2011
You didn't completely understand the story, Jackson.

The power of the Celestial Moons coming into an lunar eclipse draws a dark power, and brings about the night of eternal darkness for a short while, allowing dark and corrupted souls to escape from the dead and roam freely within the Mountain of Malefor for only a short while.

The beam from the eclipse that hit Spyro and turned him into Dark Spyro was supposed to be used to free Malefor. His dark influence combined with Spyro, and that's what happened. Since his spirit was freed from Convexity by Cynder, Malefor used the Celestial Moons eclipse as means of resurrecting himself.

You can say the Celestial Moons' power was used for evil purposes, but we don't know what other purpose they serve. The producers confirmed by that, since 2008 at the old Sierra forums when a fan asked them a question about the Celestial Moons..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:07:55 23/01/2011 by Aura24
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#3 Posted: 04:39:10 23/01/2011 | Topic Creator
In that case it could imply another use for it?
#4 Posted: 05:06:58 23/01/2011
It is possible. We only saw the dark purpose of the Celestial Moons. And it's not another plothole that is 4 years old, thank goodness.

You could ask Mike Graham himself, but I kinda doubt he'll be accepting fan questions at the moment.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:34:16 23/01/2011 by Aura24
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#5 Posted: 12:52:38 23/01/2011
Meh, I think plothole is the wrong term....more like an element of the story that wasn't explained, as the developers thought it wasn't necessary to explain it.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#6 Posted: 14:34:47 23/01/2011
Yeah the producers most likely didn't have enough time to explain the elements about the Celestial Moons.
---
Apoc Gold Sparx Gems: 2941
#7 Posted: 15:05:04 23/01/2011
Gravity
---
DarkSpyro's resident "cool person" except there's nothing cool about me.
I've been here since god knows when and ask any old heads about me.
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#8 Posted: 20:00:48 23/01/2011
Maybe a sacrafice of a good soul had to be made. So Malefor's plan was to have Cynder trick Spyro into coming to the Well of Souls so that Spyro would be corrupted, which would cause Malefor to be freed. Maybe the whole dead Gaul thing was also the dark master's plan.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#9 Posted: 20:08:55 23/01/2011
Malefor did say that Spyro freed him at the Well of Souls, possibly when he became Dark Spyro after accidentally merging with the dark energies of the Celestial Moons' eclipse.
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#10 Posted: 20:13:50 23/01/2011
Quote: Aura24
Malefor did say that Spyro freed him at the Well of Souls, possibly when he became Dark Spyro after accidentally merging with the dark energies of the Celestial Moons' eclipse.

I wish I could've got far into the game to see that part, I found it too difficult so I never did see.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me