Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
Rise of the Imprisoned [CLOSED]
begorle01 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1493
#201 Posted: 13:45:48 28/03/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 44 pt. 3

For the last few days Demetrius and Phoenus continued their flight north from Leonidus' castle, only stopping for food and rest. After three days of silence Demtrius finally said "we have arrived at Mortus Valley, the land of death."
His apprentice examined the landscape underneath them and instantly knew why it was called land of death, for nothing seemed to live on the barren soil, not even a blade of grass. All around them the land was scorched into ash, the clouds were a permanent dull grey and their wings were the only sound they could hear. It was indeed a sad scene for the young dragon to view.
Demetrius noticed that ahead of him sat a giant rock pillar sticking out of the flat ground. After getting a closer look he saw that there was a canyon right next to the pillar. "That must be the place." he stated.
Phoenus saw it as well and followed his master into the bottom of the canyon, landing right in front of a giant cave on the side of the canyon wall. All around them Demetrius could feel a dark aura emminating from inside the cave. He walked in cautiously, keeping his eyes open for anything suspicious. Phoenus stayed close to his side, fear taking over his emotions.
Demetrius sensed his fear and looked down at him, saying "there is nothing to fear. Drakath was my fathers mentor, he would never bring us any harm."
"I know, but just the air around me frightens me." Phoenus replied.
"I know, but no harm will come to you. And even if something goes wrong trust in the darkness to keep you safe."
Phoenus looked into his masters eyes and nodded, feeling a bit better. Demetrius looked back up and continued walking through the cave, feeling a bit more comfortable himself.
For what seemed like hours they continued their journey through the tunnel. They both stopped when they both heard voices around them. After seeing no one around them Phoenus asked "are these the voices of the dead?"
"I believe so, this place is very much like the well of souls it seems." Demetrius replied. "Only much more evil."
They continued walking until the arrived at a giant metal doorway with two iron statues on both sides, holding up axe's in a saluting position. The approached the door only to jump back when one of the axe's smashed into the ground in front of them. They looked up in surprise to see the statue moving towards them. "Who dares to enter Drakath's temple?!" The one in front asked.
Demetrius stood his ground and looked at the statue through his helmet. "I am the son of Malefor, Demetrius, and your master has sent for me to be here."
"Ah yes, go on ahead." The guard said as he picked up his axe and allowed Demetrius to pass by.
The giant iron doors opened as the two dragons approached, revealing a giant room filled with more of the same iron statues lined up in rows. They were all facing the opposite direction, towards a stone statue of a dragon. Demetrius pointed at the statue and stated "that is a monument to lord Nukpana. I remember my father telling me about it, it's the only oe left in existence."
Phoenus looked upon it in awe. The statue took up a big portion of the room and it stood over a wooden coffin with a teenaged blue dragoness lying on top of it. Surrounding the coffin were several figures in brown hoods, their backs turned to them with their heads bowed while they all mumbled some sort of chant. Phoenus spent several minutes trying to figure out what they were saying but couldn't figure it out.
Demetrius had sat down by the wall opposite of the coffin and watched as the strange beings continued their chanting. For about an hour they kept it up, until finally one of them walked up to the coffin with his face hidden by the shadow of his cloak. and raised a mighty scythe for everyone to see. "Long have we waited for this moment! The return of our master, Drakath!" he announced. After a short round of applause he continued with "by sacrificing this dragoness with this blade of death, Marduk, we shall gain the power needed to bring back our master!"
After chanting a few more verses he raised the mighty blade above his head and with a swift motion brought it down upon the dragoness' chest, causing her to squirm a bit before going limp, this time for good. The cloacked figure stepped back and continued his chanting with the rest of them. In mere seconds the scythe began glowing in a dark aura, slowly lifting off the ground with the dragoness still attached. Black beams began to emminate from the corpse and began shooting into the coffin. Once the beams had vanished the scythe, as well as the dragoness, began to dissolve in a black mist.
Everyone looked at the coffin with anticipation, hoping that their sacrifice worked. Surely enough the coffin began to shake as something inside of it tried breaking free. Phoenus jumped when suddenly a pale white claw broke though the wood. That claw then began to break through the rest of it and soon enough it had enough room for the entire body to get up.
What came out of the coffin made Phoenus gasp in shock. It was a dragon, as he had thought, but the dragon had no scales. It was all bone, no muscles or organs, just bone. They seemed to all still be connected somehow, from dark magic her believed. His eye socket glowed with a crimson light in place of eyes, and he wore a black robe lined out with red.
He stepped out of the coffin and looked among the group in the room. He finally spoke with a raspy and dry voice, saying "thank you all for freeing me from the dark abyss. Now that I am free I shalll grant you your request." He raised his paw and from it a dark orb appeared. "The full powers of darkness are now at your command!" He announced as the orb split into many smaller orbs and shot into the cloaked figures.
The cloaked figures then threw off their hoods to reveal that they, too, were living skeletons like Drakath, but they were not dragons. They looked more like goats but had hands like an ape. They all began bowing to Drakath, chanting what sounded like praises to him.
Drakath scanned the group with an evil smile. He then spotted Demetrius standing by the wall opposite to him. He chuckled before making his way towards him. "Long have I awaited this! The meeting of Malefor's famed son!" he said as he approached.
Demetrius bowed respectfully before replying with "it is an honor to be in your prescence, Master Drakath."
"Oh please, it is I who is honored! You are the son of my greatest pupil and the favorite of Lord Nukpana! Besides him there is no other that is more powerfull with the darkness!"
Demetrius couldn't help but chuckle a bit. "Is that what Nukpana told you?" he asked.
Drakkath nodded and said "and I have watched you from the abyss. Your mother is so proud of how you are doing."
"You, know my mother?" Demetrius asked.
"Of course I do! She is my daughter after all!" Drakath replied.
Phoenus' eyes went wide from his statement. He looked at Demetrius, whom also seemed shocked. "You… are my grandfather?" Demetrius asked when he could finally speak.
"I am. I was killed about the same time your parents were so I never had the opportunity to meet you. I have been with your mother in the abyss and she sends all of her love to you."
Demetrius smiled from hearing about her mother. His heart may have been completely dark, but he still loved his mother very much. One of the main reasons he has grown up to hate the citizens of Warfang so much was from the memory his father showed him of how his mother was killed. He took his mind away from that image and looked back at his grandfather. "When we take control of this world we shall bring her back." he said.
"I know you will, I have strong faith that you will succeed." Drakath replied. He looked down at Demetrius' side and saw the young red dragon sitting next to him. "And who might this be?" he asked.
---
A fanfic writer from DA who loves Spyro!
#202 Posted: 13:46:07 28/03/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 44 pt. 4

Phoenus stepped up and bowed like Demetrius had a few minutes ago, saying "I am Phoenus, Demetrius' apprentice."
"A new apprentice huh? Interesting. How did you come across him?" he asked Demetrius.
"He freed me from my imprisonment and has asked for my help." he answered.
"What kind of help does he need?"
"He has these elemental spasms from having both light and darkness. He wants me to help him get rid of those spasms."
The skeleton dragon looked down at Phoenus and asked "you can use the power of light?"
"Yes, but I will never use it again!" Phoenus replied.
Drakath just looked at Phoenus for a few seconds before looking back at Demetrius and said "I need to speak with you privately."
Drakath led Demetrius back to where his coffin was as well as the leader of the undead. "Something bothering you?" Demetrius asked.
"Why are you training him?! He is a member of the realm of light!" he replied.
"He has freed me and is willingly wanting to learn about the darkness. He has turned his back on the light." Demetrius told him.
"From my experience once a member of the light always is a member of the light. I had the same thing with my last apprentice. He too wanted to learn about the darkness from me, but he ended up betraying me in the end."
"I have heard of the story, and Phoenus is not like Spyke. And if there was even a chance of him betraying us it has vanished, for I have corrupted his mind."
"You remember what happened the last time your father tried to corrupt someone? She ended up defeating him and imprisoning him with that purple dragon!"
"Phoenus is not the same! Cynder was forced into it, while her son has chosen it."
Drakath growled before saying "you mean to tell me that he is…"
"Yes, he is the son of Cynder and Spyro." Demetrius answered.
"What are you thinking? Spyro is the most powerful dragon out there! If he were to come after his son…"
"He already has, and Phoenus defied him. That is why I have no doubt in my mind that he will not betray us." Demetrius interrupted.
The ancient dragon took a deep breath and replied "very well, I shall trust your opinion, but I will be keeping a close eye on him."
Demetrius nodded then looked at the leader of the undead as hbe bagan to speak. "What shall your orders be, master?"
"Ah yes, Thantos, I want you to stay here and train with your new powers. I shall go with Demetrius and assist him any way I can." Drakath replied.
"Very well master." Thantos replied with a bow.
Demetrius and Drakath returned to Phoenus before Ddemetrius asked "how will you get to my castle? Your wings do not seem like they can make you fly."
"I use the darkness to make me fly, I can keep up with you two easily." he answered.
"Okay then. We shall talk more about our plans on the way back to my castle, but for now I request that my apprentice and I can get some rest."
"Of course! You can rest up all you need to! I'll have one of my iron statues lead you to a room. Just let me know when you two are ready."
"Thank you." Demetrius said before following an iron statue through another pair of doors.

Back at Warfang three of the guardians were busy finding a place for the Pyry citizens to stay. The Queen was given the spare room in Statica's house, for she wanted to be close to her son as much as possible. The rest had to ask other families if they had room in their houses for them, for all but a few houses were taken. Within several hours they finally had everyone taken care of.
Shortly after sundown Flame summoned the other three guardians back to the council chamber for a quick meeting. When they had all arrived Flame announced "due to recent events in Pyry I suggest we hasten our efforts with the other two kingdoms. We don't know what else the earth kingdom and Demetrius have in store."
"So what are you saying?" Statica asked.
"I am saying that Statica and I should travel to Ishkur and Mt. Kennith right now, so we can prevent something like this happening again."
"I agree, but what of their duties here?" Gravel asked.
"That is where we come in." a female voice announced from the door.
The guardians looked and saw Infernes and Volteer standing in the entrance. "We would be happy, ecstatic, overjoyed…"
"To take on the role's of guardians again for a few days." Infernes finished.
"It's settled then, tomorrow morning Statica and I shall leave for our element's city. With that, this meeting is adjourned."
The guardians quickly left to go and get their much deserved sleep, but when Statica arrived at her home Krystal rushed to her and asked "have you seen my son around?"
"I have not, what's wrong?" she asked in shock.
Glacier walked up and answered "we have not seen him since they all first arrived. I believe Eirlys knows where he is but she refuses to tell us."
Statica looked at her daughter and asked "Eirlys, where is Tundra?"
She took in a deep breath and said "he went off after Murghus and Spyro."
"What?! Why would he do such a thing?!" Krystal asked in disbelief.
"He said he wanted to help them fight the golem."
Krystal was so over struck with sadness she ran off to her room and fell on the bed, praying to the ancestors for the safety of her son.
---
dark spyro1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1778
#203 Posted: 18:54:55 28/03/2011
AMAZING
#204 Posted: 15:44:03 29/03/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 45 pt. 1

The Prince's Duties

Morning came and awoke the citizens of Warfang. The Ice Queen, Krystal, barely slept though. Not because of the quick change in scenery but because of the fear of losing her son for good to the ice golem. After the sun had been up for a couple of hours she stayed in her room and continuously stared at the floor in a trance as she prayed for her son's safety. Only when there was a knock at the door did she move.
"Co… come in." she announced.
The door opened as Eirlys walked in, carrying a tray full of food. "Hello your majesty." She said with a bow.
"Hello Eirlys. How are you doing?" Krystal replied as best she could.
"I couldn't sleep well last night. I was too worried about Tundra."
"As was I my dear."
The young dragoness approached and placed the tray of food in front of Krystal and sat down, saying "I also felt bad for not being able to stop him. I honestly tried my hardest to make him stay, but he wouldn't listen! I wanted to go with him but he froze over my feet, and I…"
The queen silenced her with her paw and said with a calm and gentle voice "it is alright Eirlys, I do not blame you at all for Tundra running off. I do not blame anyone. I am just worried for him, he is all that I have left of a family." She gently stroked the top of Eirlys' head as she continued with "my parents died in a war a long time ago, my mate is being held captive in Volos, you and Tundra are all I have left. I cannot imagine what life would be like if I lost him."
Understanding what she meant Eirlys walked closer to Krystal and hugged her arm. "I know what you mean, Tundra is the only dragon I could ever love. I sure hope Murghus and Spyro will take good care of him." she said.
Krystal huggeed her back, saying "as do I my child."
After a minute of hugging Eirlys broke away and said "I need to go now, my mom is leaving for the city of Ishkur now and I want to say good-bye before she does."
"Alright, thank you for the breakfast."
"Anything to help, your majesty." Eirlys replied with a bow.
The queen of Pyry smiled and watched her soon to be daughter-in-law walk out of her room, closing the door behind her. She sighed and looked out the window and whispered "ancestors, please give Adrian a chance to get out."

Phoenus was in the middle of another dream given to him by Spyroena when Demetrius entered his room and woke him up. "It is time for us to go." his master stated.
The apprentice nodded and followed him out of the room and back into the room they first saw Drakath in. There the saw him standing over a vision pool, looking into it. "Hello Demetrius. Are you ready to go now?" he asked without even looking up.
"We are ready. What about you?" Demetrius replied.
"Almost, just give me one more minute."
Demetrius nodded and awaited for his grandfather. In a couple of minutes Drakath looked back up at them and said "alright, I'm ready!"
"Great." Demetrius replied before heading towards the door.
"Where do you think you are going?" Drakath suddenly asked.
"Outside, so we can fly to my castle." Demetrius replied.
"There will be no need for that. Come over here."
Once Demetrius and Phoenus arrived next to him he pointed down to the pool. They followed the claw and saw an image of a room inside of Demetrius' castle. "Is that…" Demetrius began.
"Your castle? Yes, it is. Actually, it is the vision pool you have. I have learned of a way to connect our two pools and use them as a portal." Drakath finished.
"You have?! That's amazing!" Phoenus stated.
"How does it work?" Demetrius asked.
"Just step in and you should be inside of your castle."
"Should?" Phoenus asked.
"What? I haven't tried it yet!"
Demetrius examined the pool a bit more before placing his paw inside of it. Just as he predicted his paw went straight through to the other room. He pulled it back and looked at his paw, checking for anything bad. Once he found nothing wrong he lowered his head and poked it through and saw the vision pool room.
He brought his head back out and said "it seems safe."
"Then lets get going! I want to hurry up and see what you have done with your life!" Drakath exclaimed.
Demetrius nodded and stepped into the pool then into his castle with Phoenus and Drakath right behind him. He then lead them into the hallway and spotted Ciqala immediately. "Ciqala, has anything happened in my absence?" he asked.
The ape jumped in shock by his masters sudden appearance. "Master?! When did you get here?" he asked.
"Just now." Demetrius answered.
"Oh. Well we've been sending messages to several tribes of apes letting them know about us. We already have a couple of tribes already here, not enough to consider an army though."
"That's pretty good, we must start somewhere. Where's Cynder at?"
Ciqala paused for a minute before saying "almost forgot, she's…"
He was interrupted by an ear piercing roar emanating from somewhere in the castle. When it stopped Demetrius bolted off running towards his room. Once he arrived he busted through the door to see Gaul standing in front of Evil Cynder.
Demetrius looked down at his mate and saw her breathing heavily and looking back into his eyes. "Hello… Demetrius…" She managed to say.
She lifted her head and motioned for him to go to her. As he did so Gaul respectfully bowed and left the room, closing the door behind him. When Demetrius arrived at her side Evil Cynder gave him a smile and pulled back the sheets to reveal three black eggs leaning on her. The sight left Demetrius speechless. Even with his heart of evil he couldn't help but feel, happy. He couldn't explain it but the sight of the three eggs sitting there filled him with joy.
"Cynder… these are… our eggs…" he stuttered.
She nodded and said calmly "they are, Demetrius. Our three beautiful eggs."
Demetrius couldn't stop smiling as he climbed onto the bed and laid down behind her and nuzzled her gently. His plans for his children didn't even cross his mind in this moment, all he could think about was the three eggs and his mate.
---
#205 Posted: 15:44:53 29/03/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 45 pt. 2

When Eirlys finally arrived at the council chamber her mother was just walking towards the entrance. "Hey Eirlys, has the Queen been given her breakfast?" Statica asked.
Eirlys nodded in reply and said "yeah, she should be good for awhile. Where's dad at?"
"Walking Thunor around. He is so restless during the mornings so he's keeping him out of the chambers as to not disturb our meeting."
"You're having another meeting? What for?"
"I do not know, Flame just told me that Gravel summoned us here." the electric guardian answered.
"Oh, may I come in?" Eirlys asked.
"I don't see why not. I saw Blazelight and Shadow walk in with Flame a minute ago."
"Yay!" Eirlys cheered as she walked in with her mother.
When the entered they saw the other three guardians and elders along with Messick and Wasp. "Hello Statica." Wasp announced with a smile.
"Hey Wasp." Statica replied. "What is this meeting about?"
"I don't know. A mole just came to my house and requested me to come here." Wasp answered.
Before Statica could say anything else Gravel stood up and spoke with his usual booming deep voice, saying "I have called this meeting for two reasons. The first is to confirm that both of the guardians are prepared for their journey. And second, to dicuss their safety."
"What do you mean by our safety?" Statica asked.
"As we are all aware the Earth Kingdom is attempting to take down Warfang. What I fear is that one of their goals to do so is to take out the elemental guardians, thus crippling the city of its leadership. I cannot bear to think of the chaos that will consume the city if one or more guardian is killed.
"So, for safety precautions I recommend that each guardian be escorted to their location by another dragon of the same element."
Flame stood up and protested by saying "I see that your intentions are good, Master Gravel, but I will not risk the life of another dragon for the safety of ours! We have both been trained well enough to take on several earth dragons at once!"
"I know, but we do not know how big their army exactly is. Your training will not help against an entire legion of dragons, after all we have been trained to fight apes, not other dragons to the death. With a companion your chances of survival increase."
Before Flame could protest again Statica stood up and stated "I believe this is a good idea. It would also give us some company on the long flight there."
"Yeah, and yours is the one I fear for the most, Statica," Gravel replied. "Ishkur is not that far north of Volos, so I would imagine there will be pleanty of earth dragons scouting that area."
Statica nodded and said "I am aware of that danger, which is why I shall more than happily take Wasp with me."
Wasps eyes widened in shock, for he had just now realized why he had been summoned. "Wasp, do you accept this request of you?" Gravel asked.
The electric dragon was too deep in shock to realize the question that was asked. It tooks a quick tap from Statica to wake him up. "What? Oh, uh, yes, I, accept." he answered with a stuter.
"Good, now what about you Flame?" Gravel asked.
"I guess I'll accept, even though I do not see the point of it." Flame answered.
"Alright, do you accept this request Messick?"
"Of course I do! I have wanted to go to visit Mt. Kennith again ever sine I retired ten years ago!" Messick anwered.
"Very well, if you are both ready you may leave as soon as possible." Gravel stated, finishing off the meeting.
Flame immediately walked out with Messick, Blazelight and Shadow and headed towards the hospital. Statica, on the other hand, just walked out with Wasp and Eirlys and found Glacier with Thunor waiting outside. "How did it go?" Glacier asked.
"It was alright, just a safety thing Gravel was worried about."
"Really? Why was he worried?"
"He fears the earth kingdom is after the guardians to create chaos in Warfang, so he recommended I have Wasp accompany me to Ishkur."
"Huh, interesting. I am thankful he was thinking of your safety. When will yo be leaving?"
"As soon as Wasp is ready." Statica answered before looking to Wasp.
"I'm ready whenever you are." Wasp replied.
"Well then, I guess this means now." Statica stated.
Glacier chuckled then hugged his mate lovingly. "Hurry home, Thunor is going to miss you a ton."
"He better not be the only one."
Again Glacier chuckled and said "of course! Eirlys will as well!"
"Ha ha, I know what you mean." Statica stated.
Glacier smilled innocently and gave her one last kiss. She then hugged both of her kids at the same time, saying "be good to your daddy. I'll be home soon."
"Ok mom, I will." Eirlys replied.
Statica kissed them both on the forehead and turned bac to Wasp. With a nod they took off flying towards the northwest, to the city of Ishkur.

Flame took Blazelight and Shadow to the hospital so he could say goodbye to his entire family at once. He first hugged Blazelight tightly.
"Help out your mother while I am gone, and just be the good girl you have always been." he said to her.
"I will daddy." Blazelight replied.
The fire guardian kissed her forehead before moving onto Shadow, saying "take care of my two girls, ok?"
"I will guard them with my life!" Shadow replied.
Flame chuckled and said "only if there is another attack."
He patted Shadow's head and moved to his mate and hugged her tightly. "Fly safe and quick my love. I will be waiting for you here." Ember whispered.
"I already cannot wait for the moment I am by your side again." he whispered back.
With a kiss they backed away from each other, allowing Ember to hug her grandfather. "Do not worry, I will take good care of Flame. No harm will come to him during the trip." she assured her.
"Thank you grandpa, and take care of yourself out there as well." Ember replied.
"I will. Now, we best be going so we can get good distance before the sun sets!"
Flame nodded and walked outside with the rest of them. After giving all of them one last smile he began flying towards the north towards Mt. Kennith.
---
#206 Posted: 15:45:29 29/03/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 45 pt. 3

Spyro and Murghus had been flying ever since they started in the morning and only stopped to take a quick lunch break. During their flight Spyro kept thinking over the plan to take down the Ice Golem. He believed that if it really was just made of ice he could just melt it with his fire breath. If that were to fail then he would try finding its weak point, if it was anything like the one he defeated with Cynder many years ago then the black crystal should be inside its head.
"Hey!" someone shouted from behind them, taking Spyro out of his thoughts instantly.
They both turned and saw Prince Tundra flying towards them. "Tundra?! What are you doing here?!" Murghus asked.
When Tundra finally caught up to them he answered "I came to help you guys fight the Golem!"
"What were you thinking? You are the prince of Pyry and cannot be flying around by yourself!"
"And we do not need anymore help, Murghus and I can deal with this ourselves." Spyro added.
"But I am the prince of Pyry! It is my duty to protect the city!" Tundra argued. "I don't care how but I want to help in some way!"
Murghus sighed before saying "very well, but I cannot risk getting you hurt. When we arive you must find some cover. Once Spyro and I are fighting the Golem I want you to sneak around and look for any survivors. If you find any lead them to safety."
"But I…"
"No buts, you shall do as I say or else I'll send you back to Warfang!" Murghus interrupted.
Tundra was wanting to protest but after seeing the seriousness in his voice and eyes he gave up by saying "alright, I'll do it."
"Good, now lets get going. We can make it there by mid afternoon tomorrow if we continue flying now."
With that the three dragons continued their flight to Alexis and the Ice Golem.

Light poured into Adrian's cell when the door opened again, letting a red dragon walk in. "I am here to releave you of your duties." he stated.
The guard currently watching Adrian nodded and walked out, closing the door behind him.
Adrian lifted his head and looked out the cell door. "Hello Comanche." he said.
"Hello Adrian, how have you been holding up?" the replacement asked.
"I've been better. Did you find anything out about Pyry?"
"I have not. It seems as Alexis has not even returned yet." Comanche replied.
"I see, then there is still hope. What about the other two cities? Does Silas have messengers going to them already?"
"It seems that he sent one to Ishkur yesterday, but for Mt. Kennith I believe he had one there a long time ago."
"That's not good! We must get this information to Warfang immediately!"
"I'm way ahead of you my friend!" Comanche stated as he lifted up his tail to show the keys sitting on them. "I think it's time we get out of here!"
Adrian smiled and nodded. "I agree, lets go!"
Comanche hurriedly put the key into the hole and opened the door for Adrian. "If you don't mind I would also like to cause some trouble around here first."
"Of course my friend, as long as we can get out do as much damage as you want to." Adrian replied once Comanche got rid of his chains. "These monsters need to be destroyed anyways!"
"Thank you! I shall rip apart any dragon or ape that stands in our way!" Comanche stated excitedly.
Adrian chuckled a bit before they headed for the door. Comanche opened it and looked around, making sure no one was around before Adrian made his way out. They both walked quietly through the city, being careful not to walk by any soldiers or anybody that would recognize Adrian. When they made it into an alley Comanche spotted his first goal, the armory.
"The armory, that will cripple their army for awhile." Comanche staed.
"Yes, but it will also be heavily guarded. We need to take out something smaller and not so well protected, or something that won't hurt the inocent civilians." Adrian told him.
"Very well. What do you have in mind?"
"I was thinking the entry way. It's guarded, but not by that many dragons and apes."
Comanche thought about it for a minute then said "that's a good idea, it will also assure us a safe way out."
"Exactly! Lets get moving!" Adrian ordered as they continued their journey.
They followed the many alleyways through the city until they finally spotted the exit out of the city. "I see it! Time to put the guards to bed. I'll give them a quick POW and BAM to the head, and we are done!" Comache exclaimed as he punched the air.
Comanche stood up and started charging at the group of guards stationed at the exit but Adrian jumped in front of him, saying "hang on my friend. Let's get there first and surprise them! If we just go charging in we'll just be picked of by the ape archers."
Comanche sighed and said "fine, but I still get to smash some heads, right?"
"Of course! We just have to get close enough to do so."
The red dragon nodded and followed Adrian out of the alleyway as they casually walked to the exit. When they were halway there Adrian felt like there was something wrong. Before he had time to react a group of earth dragons dropped down and surrounded them while apes pointed spears and arrows at them from the buildings above them.
"I did not see this coming." Adrian whispered to himself.
"I thought you were better than this Comanche! You were an excellent guard!" A voice said from above them.
"Silas." Adrian growled.
"Adrian is my friend! I will not allow you to torture and execute him for doing what is right!" Comanche replied.
"He is a traitor to our kind! Anyone that helps him will also be labeled a traitor!"
"Then label me a traitor! As long as I can get away from the filth you call dragons!"
Silas shook his head and said "That makes two good soldiers I have lost!"
The earth king then nodded at the lead ape, signaling the okay to release the arrows. The apes shot the arrows at the escapees but were deflected by stone walls that Adrian shot up. Several earth dragons then lunged at them only to have Comanche grab one of their heads and swing them into their commrades. When he it all of the attackers Comanche twisted the earth dragons neck, killing him instantly.
A couple more dove at Adrian and managed to take him to the ground only to have Comanche summon up sharp rocks to come out of the ground and stab them through the chest. Adrian got up just in time to stop another volley of arrows with another stone wall. When they stopped Adrian shot several ice missles at the apes above, killing most of them.
Adrian roared in pain when he felt an arrow shoot into his shoulder. He quickly pulled it out and used it stab another earth dragon through the chest. He again pulled out the arrow and used it to kill an ape that had jumped onto Comanches back. He left the arrow in the ape but picked up a spear sticking out of the ground and stood on his hind legs to throw it at the ape commander.
"Fools! Get them! Kill them!" Silas roared.
One of the earth dragons that Comanche had knocked out earlier finally stood up and prepared an earth missile, aiming it for Comanche. He fired it only to have Comanche catch it in his mouth and blindly throw it behind him. Little did he know that he threw it straight to King Silas. The earth king had no time to react before the big rock hit his head, causing him to collapse immediately.
Every earth dragon around looked up in shock, giving Adrian and Comanche an opportunity to make a run for it. They flew through the exit and sealed it behind them, giving them more time to escape. Once they felt they were safe they landed on a sand dune to catch their breath.
"You do know who you hit bacck there, right?" Adrian asked once he could speak again.
"Yeah, I hit the earth king!" Comanche cheered.
"Yes, which will be bad for us! They will use this as a reason to empty Volos and find us!"
"Oh boy." Comanche said, realizing the consequence.
"Come on! We must hurry to Warfang! It is the only place we will be safe!" Adrian exclaimed before flying again with Comanche right behind him.
---
#207 Posted: 15:45:45 29/03/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 45 pt. 4

Boulder approached where the battle had just taken place and walked up to the first guard he saw. "What happened here?" he asked.
"Adrian escaped with the help of Comanche." he replied.
Boulder growled before asking "casualties?"
"Many apes dead, half a dozen dragons as well."
"Go find my father, tell him about what has happened!"
The guard bowed his head and took a deep breath before saying "the king… was one of those deaths."
Boulder stumbled backwards from the guards words. "N… no… he can't be!" he stuttered.
"I am sorry Boulder, we tried everything. He was dead before we arrived."
"H… how was he killed?"
"A witness said Comanche shot a boulder at him, hitting the side of his head. He was dead before he hit the ground."
Boulder stared at the ground in disbelief. The dragon that had helped him get to where he was now, was gone. He looked back up to the guard and said "go find me Leaf. Tell her, the king has a job for her."
---
#208 Posted: 18:34:40 29/03/2011
I LOVE HOW YOU RIGHT TONS OF CHAPTERS AT A TIME
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#209 Posted: 21:48:43 29/03/2011
Yay! Silas is dead! Good chapters.
#210 Posted: 23:43:54 29/03/2011 | Topic Creator
ds1: these were already written, i've actually caught up to where i am on DA.

torok: yeah, score one for Warfang! smilie
---
#211 Posted: 13:36:19 12/04/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 46 pt. 1

Dante

Evil Cynder had fallen asleep quickly from exaustion, leaving Demetrius awake and looking at the eggs while he rested his head on her back. He looked at each one carefully, studying the sizes to determine gender. Back when he was a guardian, the time he dreaded very much, he had to study all about eggs and through that he learned how to determine the gender of the eggs. If he remembered correctly males were the shorter and wider onew while the femaloes were taller and skinier.
He lifted one up to get a better look, then stated "this one seems to be a male." He gently placed it back down and picked up another one and said "it looks like it's a female." Again Demetrius put the egg down and picked up the last one, saying "another male."
Once the eggs were all safely next to their mother again he quietly said "so, two males and one female." He paused and looked over them once more with another smile and whispered "my children."
His moment of happiness immediately ended when there was a knock at his door. He gently got off of the bed and silently walked to the door. When he opened it he saw Gaul standing outside. "What is it Gaul?" he asked in a whisper.
"Master, there is a dragon at the gate, he says he has come to your aid." Gaul replied quietly.
"What's his name?"
"He said his name was Dante."
Demetrius thought about it for a minute then said "lead me to him."
"Yes master." Gaul replied before leading him away.
Gaul led Demetrius to the main door where a white dragon with a red underbelly was sitting. Demetrius examined the dragon and surely enough he could feel the dark aura emminating from him, causing him to chuckle happily. Something Demetrius noticed as well though was the blindfold that covered his eyes.
Right as Demetrius approached him the dragon looked at him straight on. "Hello Demetrius, I have been searching for you for a long time now." he said in a very blank and empty voice.
"I have had my hands full. How may I help you?" Demetrius replied.
"I have come to join you. I felt something tell me where you were and, after hearing so many stories about you, I wanted to join you and your cause." Dante answered.
Demetrius chuckled before saying "I can feel the amount of energy inside of you, and it seems like you use the darkness. Show me a dark power real quick."
"Very well." Dante stated before turning his head and unleashing a stream of black flame from his mouth. He closed his mouth and asked "is that enough?"
"It is, that felt powerful!" Demetrius replied. "Welcome to my castle Dante! Let me show you to an open room."
"Thank you Demetrius." Dante said before following Demetrius.
While they walked Demetrius looked behind him and couldn't stop thinking about how Dante was following him perfectly with the blindfold. He shook it off and looked back to where he was going. 'Must be using the darkness to guide him.' he thought to himelf.
"Yes Demetrius, I am using the darkness as my eyes." Dante suddenly stated.
Demetrius looked back in shock and asked "you can read minds as well?!"
"I can, mostly through vibrations by your mind, but I have taught myself how to decipher them into words."
"Why not use your eyes?"
"Because I can't. When I was a kid I fell through a hidden cave and cut my eyes out on some black crystals, which is where I also goot this." he answered before pointing to the crystal in his chest. "It is the source of my dark powers, or so I believe. Ever since then I have been able to use the darkness.."
"Interesting. I have heard of that being possible but never actually seen it before now."
"It is possible, but only for those that have the most desire for it."
"What was your desire?"
"To kill my father." Dante answered blankly. "He did nothing to help my dying brother. He just left him in his deathbed with an uncurable disease. Didn't even bother visiting him! Not even at his funeral, which is when I ran off and fell into the cave."
"I see, did you succed?" Demetrius asked.
"I did, and I made sure he suffered for it."
Demetrius chuckled from the last statement. "Oh you will fit in just fine here!" he stated.
"I was hoping you would say that. I also brought you a gift." Dante added before taking a bag off of a string he had around his hind leg.
He threw it to Demetrius, whom caught it in his paw and examined it. "What's inside?" he asked.
"Just a way to prove I will serve you." Dante answered.
Demetrius curiously unwraped the top and watched the leather fall down and revealed a cheetahs head. "Okay, who might this be?" he asked.
Dante smiled and said "that is the head of Chief Prowles, leader of the cheetah's of Avalar."
Demetrius looked back at the head and nodded. "Impressive. I have been told stories about him. He gave my father some trouble many years ago. I'm glad to finally see his head in my hand!"
"He was no challenge to kill. I just knocked away his sword and ripped his heart out. Sadly enough though most of the villagers managed to escape."
"That is quite alright. With their leader dead they will have to choose a new one, one that is nowhere near experienced as he was."
The white dragon nodded in agreement. They continued their trek through the giant castle for a few more minutes until Demetrius stopped in front of a door.
"Well, here you go. This room should suit you just fine." he said.
"Thank you Demetrius. I am in need of a good nights sleep."
Demetrius nodded and moved to allow Dante into his room. Once the door was closed Demetrius began walking back to his room and said to himself, "This plan is going perfectly! I already have nine dragons of darkness!"
The halls of his castle were filled with his evil chuckle echoing.
---
#212 Posted: 13:36:59 12/04/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 46 pt. 2

Nightfall had arrived and the electric guardian continued her flight, ignoring the moon. All she could think about was getting to Ishkur as quickly as she could and ending this dragon civil war as soon as possible. It wasn't until she felt her eyes having to be forced to stay open that she noticed the time.
"Alright Wasp, lets find a place to rest for the night." she announced with a yawn.
Wasp nodded and followed her down into a clearing inside of the forest. There Statica quickly laid down and put her head down to rest.
"Whatever happened to the energetic Statica you once were?" Wasp suddenly asked.
Statica chuckled and replied "I had two kids. My energy is depleted much faster now."
"Oh, right, your kids." Wasp stuttered.
Sadness took over Wasps heart whenever he thought about Staticas kids. He was happy that she found someone to spend her life with in happiness, but at the same time he felt saddened that they weren't his kids. He knew that things couldn't be changed now, and he also knew he had to somehow accept that in his heart.
He was taken out of his thoughts when he heard Statica shiver a bit. Wasp looked down and saw her curled up into a ball and shaking. Knowing just what to do he walked to a tree and pulled off some branches that were coverd in leafs and put them all into one pile close to Statica. He then grabbed a single leaf and shot a small spark onto it, making it catch on fire. As the fire spread across the leaf he gently put it into the pile of braches. Within seconds he had a campfire going.
Statica saw what he did and quickly scooted as close as she could to the fire. "Thank you Wasp." She said gently.
"It was my pleasure, Statica." he replied with a smile.
After a few more seconds of watching Statica warm up by the fire Wasp walked to the opposite side of the fire and laid down just outside of the light. The Electric Guardian noticed this and asked,"what are you doing all the way over there Wasp?"
"I'm just lying down." he replied.
"All the way over the! You must be freezing!"
"I have gotten used to the cold nights, this is nothing compared to winter time." Wasp replied.
"Oh come on Wasp! As a guardian I must think of the safety of others, yours included. I will not have you get sick on our trip to Ishkur!"
Wasp sighed and, seeing that there was going to be no arguing with her, got up and walked closer to the fire before lying down again. "As you wish, Statica." he stated.
Statica smiled at him once more before laying her head back down to rest. Wasp did the same, quickly falling asleep.

"No… no, don't!" Wasp suddenly started grumbling.
The noise he was making quickly awoke Statica from her sleep. She looked around and saw that it was still late at night. She looked to Wasp and saw he was moving in his sleep. "Wasp, are you alright?" she asked quietly.
"No… the apes… they… my parents…"
Statica quickly figured out what he was sleep talking about and got up to walk over to him. "Wasp?"
"Thunor… get everyone out of here!"
Those last words made Statica pause for a moment. She remembered the scene all too perfectly. She was there when Wasp shouted those words to her brother Thunor, just before Wasp was knocked unconscious by Demetrius' apprentice. Wasting no time after that she quickly placed her paw on his shoulder, shouting "Wasp wake up!"
In an instant Wasp awoke with a roar and grabbed Staticas wrist out of the air and held on tightly while bringing his stinger-like tail up to her throat. He managed to hold himself back though once he saw that it was Statica and not an ape. He looked into her eyes breathing deeply from the adrenaline rush. It took him a minute to finally relase her arm and take his stinger away from her.
"I'm sorry, about that." he managed to say at the shocked guardian. "I was having a nightmare about…"
"My brothers death, I know. I heard you mention his name." Statica finished for him.
"These nightmares come to me almost every night, more often after seeing your son. He looks just like your brother did, minus some features his father has given him of course."
Statica nodded and went back to her spot and laid down again. "Nightmares from memories tend to take place because one is feeling either remorse or shame from the event. I am pretty sure that you are not guilty of killing Thunor, so what are you ashamed of?"
Wasp turned his head away and said "It is nothing, I have gotten over it."
"Wasp, I want to help. I don't want you to have these nightmares anymore, I just hate seeing you suffer like this."
Seeing as there was no way in escaping it Wasp took a deep breath and said "I do feel guilty actually, guilty that I couldn't protect you or your brother. When I couldn't find your body anywhere I feared Demetrius had taken you prisoner, and I had heard about what he does to his prisoners. I also feel shameful that I never told you something I was going to tell you later that day.
"I was actually on my way to see you when the apes arrived. I had just gotten done talking to Thunor about something, and he told me that I should tell you."
"What was it you were ging to tell me?" Statica asked, a bit afraid as to what the answer was going to be.
Taking a deep breath Wasp continued by saying "I was going to tell you, that I had a crush on you."
The two of thm were now looking into each others eyes, Statica with shock and Wasp with embracement. After a couple of minutes Stica looked at the ground, trying to hide her red cheeks. "Oh, I see." she finally said.
Wasp looked away as well, hiding his blush underneath his mask. "That was twenty years ago though, and once I thought you were dead my heart was shattered into tiny pieces. When I saw you alive in Warfang my heart was rejuvenated and the feeling returned. But when your son jumped on me I was crushed once again. I knew that you had moved on, even if I haven't.
"I still have feelings for you, Statica, but I know that it cannot be anything more than friendship. You have a mate that you love very much and have two adorable children! I can never ask you to leave them just for me. It will be awhile, but my heart will move on. All I want is to be friends with you, just like we were as kids."
The Electric Guardian listend closely to his words and smiled when he finished. Before she could open her mouth to reply though Wasp heard a zing and in mere seconds saw Staticas neck shoot blood out, causing her to collapse in pain. He gasped raised his wing in defense as he heard another zing and surely enough an arrow bounced harmlessly off. He brought his head out and saw an ape holding a bow hiding in a tree close to them. Before the ape had time to load another arrow Wasp shot a bolt of lighting and killed the ape on the spot, making it fall to the ground with a smash.
Wasting no time Wasp rushed to Staticas aid to find her clenching her throat tightly in an attempt to stop the bleeding but came to no avail. She looked into his eyes with hers full of fear and pain. "This wound is too deep! I need to get you to Ishkur now!" Wasp stated as he quickly picked her up and started flying towards the storm clouds in the distance, praying that he would make it in time.
---
#213 Posted: 13:37:41 12/04/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 46 pt. 3

Flame and Messick landed a few miles outside of Mt. Kennith and looked over the village on top of a hill. "This is the fire kingdom?" Flame asked.
"It is indeed. Something wrong?" Messick asked, sensing the confusion in Flames voice.
"No, I just thought it would be a bit, bigger." Flame replied.
Messick chuckled a bit and nodded. "you're right, I haven't been here in many years, but I'm sure it was much bigger than this."
Before Flame could reply to that they noticed a fireball flying towards them. They quickly jumped out of the way and searched for the attacker.
"You are fools for showing yourselves aound here!" Someone shouted from afar. They both looked towards the village and saw the source was on the wall surrounding the village. "Your resistence will be crushed!"
"I see you met Meltor already." a voice stated from behind them, causing them to jump in surprise.
They both turned and saw a red dragon standing behind them. "And who might you be?" Flame asked.
"My name is Zachariah, leader of the Mt. Kennith resistance." he replied. "Now, who are you and what brings you here?"
"My name is Flame, I am the fire guardian of Warfang. This here is Messick."
"Messick? Is that you my friend?" another voice asked.
The three dragons turned their attention to the source and saw another red dragon standing close by. "Michellbus! It has been too long!" Messick stated.
"It certainly has!" Michellbus replied while walking towards them. "What has brought you here again?"
"Some business we must attend to with King Infernotus."
Zachariah skoffed and said "good luck with that! He wont see anyone unless it was something important."
"Do you think a meeting with the Fire Guardian is important enough?" Flame asked.
"Most likely not, but you sure can try, only if you can get through Meltor though." Michellbus answered.
"Well this is of the upmost importance! The earth kingdom has attacked Warfang and we need Infernotus to join us if we are to defeat them!" Flame exclaimed.
"Ah, I see. Well, we can try to get you in, but it will be difficult." Zachariah told them.
"Whatever it takes we'll do it though." Michbellus exclaimed.
"I'd sure hope so. I would expect you to help out your own grandson!" Messick added.
All eyes were now upon Messick in confusion. "What do you mean Messick?" Flame asked.
"Flame, I would like you to meet your grandfather, Michbellus." Messick told him.
The two dragons looked at each other in shock, examining the other thouroughly. "Yep, you are indeed my grandson. You look just like your father, Felix." Michbellus stated.
"You're my fathers father?" Flame asked, still trying to get it into his head.
"Yes I am. Surprised?"
"Yeah, a bit. I always wanted to meet my fathers family."
"Well why didn't he just bring you up here himself?!"
"He, never got the chance to do so. He died when I was only an egg." Flame told him.
"Are you sure about that?" Michbellus asked.
"My mother told me he died in a battle."
"Well she got the arrior part right, but your father is most certainly not dead. Bot yet at least."
Flame gasped upon hearing his words. "What do you mean?" he asked.
"I'll tell you about it later. Right now it seems like you two could use a good nights sleep."
"Yeah, we did fly all day until we got here, only stopped once." Messick said with a yawn.
"Alright, I shall lead you to a place where you can sleep safely." Zachariah informed them before leading them back down the hill.
Flame and Messick followed closely behind him with Flame lost in his own thoughts. 'My father is, alive?' he kept asking himself. 'Then why would mom say he was killed?'
"Here we are, the hideout of the resistance!" Zachariah announced.
The two visitors looked around in confusion. "Where is it?" Messick asked.
"Underneath us." Zachariah answered.
They both looked down and saw a wooden door at their feet. Zachariah opened it for them and allowed them to step inside. Once inside they saw that it was much more than they had expected a few seconds ago. It was like an actual building in Warfang that could house many dragons at once. They even saw a couple dragons hanging around in the main room.
"How in the ancestors name did you build this place?!" Messick asked.
"We had some help from a couple of earth dragons many years ago." Zachariah answered. "I will take you to your rooms now."
They followed the resistance leader down a hall and into a room with a bed, falling asleep instantly.
---
#214 Posted: 13:38:32 12/04/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 46 pt. 4

The trio of dragons going to take on the Ice Golem finally arrived at the blizzard defense and hovered in place for a moment to go over what will happen once more. "Alright, lets go over this once more. Spyro, you will take on the golem with your fire breath." Murghus stated.
"I shall take care of it quickly!" Spyro replied.
"And Prince Tundra will search for any survivors."
"And lead them to safety, I know." Tundra replied, not all too excited with his role.
"Good. As for me, I shall find Alexis and take her into custody. Any questions?" Murghus finished.
"I got one." Tundra stated. "Shouldn't we get some rest before doing this? After all, the soldiers of Pyry couldn't take this thing on while at their strongest."
"He's right, we have been flying all day." Spyro added.
"Very well. We sleep until sunrise. Then, we go and liberate Pyry!" Murghus stated.
With that the three dragons flew to the snow covered grund and quickly fell asleep.

Morning had almost arrived when Adrian and Comanche finally arrived at the main gate at Warfang. They landed and approached the moles that stood at guard with their crossbows aimed at them.
"What brings you to Warfang?" The lead mole asked.
"My name is Adrian, and this is Comanche. We were prisoners in Volos and are looking for shelter here." Adrian answered.
"Adrian you say? We got orders to let a green dragon by that name in!" another mole stated.
"You do? By who?" Adrian asked with a spark of hope.
"That is classified. To get in you must answer these personal questions given to us. The first is: what is the name of your mate?" The lead mole asked.
"Queen Krystal of Pyry." Adrian answered.
"Wow, you're one lucky dragon!" Comanche stated.
Adrian chuckled a bit before looking back at the mole. "You actually answered both of the questions. You're free to go through." he told them.
"Thank you very much." Adrian said with a slight bow.
Once the mole moved out of the way Adrian and Comanche entered the city and found it quiet and lifeless, just as they expected it to be. "Now, we must find the guardians and…"
"No Adrian, I will talk to the guardians. You go and find Krystal."
"Are you sure? I can find her later so we can both…"
"I am positive! I know everything you know about the earth dragons. You just go, your mate is waiting for you." Comanche told him.
Adrian smiled at his red friend and said "thank you" before going off to search for someone walking by.
Comanche went his own way and walked a bit before yawning. He found the closest guard he could find and asked "excuse me, I'm new to the city and am looking for a place to stay for the night, do you know where I can find one?"
"I do actually, right this way." The ice guard replied before leading Comanche away.

The queen of Pyry was awoken by a loud noise outside her window. She looked out and saw Malaxius on the lawn with her head down, and by the sounds of it she was throwing up. The queen rose out of her bed and walked outside and comforted her maid.
"Everything alright Malaxius?" she asked when she approached.
Once she threw up enough she said "it seems that Brohn has left me with one last gift. I am pregnant again."
"Really?! That's wonderful new Malaxius!" Krystal stated.
"It would be, if only Brohn were here with you." Malaxius replied sorrowly.
The image of Brohns death reappeared in both of their minds as they bowed their heads in sadness. "I am sorry for your loss Malaxius, he was an excellent dragon!"
"I know, I couldn't find a better mate to have spent these years with. He made everyday a happy day just by me seeing his smile."
"I understand. Well, until you give birth I want you to cease working for me. You have done well enough over the years that I want you to be taken care of like a queen now." Krystal told her.
"Thank you, your majesty, butt I couldn't." Malaxius replied.
"That wasn't an option."
After a minute Malaxius smiled and said "thank you my queen. I will never forget this act!"
"You are my best maid, you deserve it!" Krystal told her. "And please, just call me Krystal." she added.
"Very well then Krystal. I shall head back to bed, it seems this egg has given me enough trouble for one night." Malaxius said.
With a courteous bow Malaxius walked back into the house and to the room given to her, leaving Krystal alone to her thoughts. She took this time to look at the stars in the night sky. While looking at them she shed a few tears as she thought of Adrian.
"Krystal?" a voice asked, bringing the queen out of her thoughts.
She looked for the source and saw a green dragon standing several feet away fromher on the street. "Adrian, is that you?" she asked.
"Yes my love, it is I." he replied.
Tears almost immediately began pouring down her cheek when he said that. They quickly ran too each other and mbraced the other tightly. "Adrian! It really is you!" she cried.
The earth dragon comforted her by saying "I'm here Krystal, I'm safe."
They continued to hug each other for several minutes until they both brought their muzzles together for a kiss. After a minute they separated from the kiss and looked into each others' eyes.
"I told you I would see you again before thirteen years went by." he told her with a smile, causing her to giggle a bit.
With another kiss Krystal led Adrian into the house and quietly into her room and closed the door behind her.
---
#215 Posted: 13:38:52 12/04/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 46 pt. 5

Just after the sun rose to the east Gravel made his way to the dojo where he spent every morning staying in shape by taking on some test dummies and lifting some giant rocks he would create. He was just finishing up squating a giant boulder on his back when Terrador approached him.
Gravel droped the rock and asked "master Terrador, what brings you here?"
"I came to see how you were holding up after your coma. It seems you have recovered just fine." he answered.
"I have master, I feel like I am ten years younger!"
"That is good to hear. When you are all finished we have several earth dragons that have requested to see us."
"I'm good to go now." Gravel replied.
Terrador nodded and led Gravel out of the dojo and towards the council chamber.
"Master Terrador! Wait!" someone shouted from behind them.
They both turned and saw a green dragoness running towards them. Before she arrived though two more fire dragons stepped in her way. "What is the meaning of this?! I just wish to speak with the earth guardian!" the dragness exclaimed.
"It's alright gentleman, I can take it from here." Terrador told them.
The guards both nodded and backed away, allowing the dragoness to approach them. "Thank you master! My name is Leaf and I have come to Warfang to seek out your protection." She told him.
"Very well, I can deal with that easily, follow me." Terrador told her.
The dragoness nodded and followed the elder. Gravel stopped for a minute and examined the dragoness more closely. Something felt odd but he didn't know what it was. He decided that it was nothing and continued walking behind them.
Something Gravel did notice though was that there was a strap on her left hind leg holding a satchel. "Excuse me for a minute." he stated.
Leaf stopped and looked at him. "Is there something wrong?" she asked.
"I'm just curious, what's in that satchel you have?" Gravel aseked her.
"Oh, just some scrolls that I am studying. You see, I just became pregnant by one of the soldiers of Volos unwillingly, which is why I came here. To safely raise my child away from the torture it will go through in Volos." Leaf answered.
"Alright, is there anything on the other side?" Gravel asked.
Leaf just blushed and said "sir, I do not think your mate would apreciate you checking inbetween a dragonesses area, I don't think she would much apreciate it!"
"You're right, I'm sorry. I guess I have been to stressed from this sudden war." Gravel quickly apologized.
"It's quite alright. It wouldn't have been the first time either…"
"Shall we continue now?" Terrador quickly interrupted.
"I guess we shall." Leaf replied with a smile.
They all arrived at the council chamber and walked through the main doorway and were greeted by an electric dragon. "Welcome Master Terrador. The earth dragon has been checked and is awaiting you in the courtroom." he informed him.
"Thank you." Terrador replied before leading Gravel and Leaf into the courtroom.
Wonce the doors were opened the three of them saw a red earth dragon sitting with his back towards them, looking out the window. When he heard them approach he turned his head to greet them, but his face suddenly changed to a grim look.
"Master Terrador! Get away from her!" he shouted.
Before the elder had time to react Leaf reached her right paw inbetween her hind legs and pulled out a sharp dagger from the strap and with one swift motion brought it into the head of the former earth guardian.
---
#216 Posted: 16:33:54 12/04/2011
wooooooooooooooww not wow wooooooooo
#217 Posted: 00:22:47 13/04/2011
OH NO! Terrador!
x007 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1364
#218 Posted: 03:55:23 13/04/2011
Nice chapter, excessive amount of cliffhangers, I'll wait to see how this turns out.
#219 Posted: 05:31:12 03/06/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 47 pt. 1

Gone

Terrador released a loud roar after the stab but was quickly silenced when Leaf twisted the blade sharply, separating the brain from the rest of the body. She withdrew the blade and watched the mighty dragon fall to the floor dead. She raised her paw and sealed of the Gravel and Comanche could only watch the scene in horror.
"Ready to join him boys?" Leaf asked with an evil grin.
"You monster!" Gravel exclaimed. "After he promised to help you! How could you do something like this?!"
"I never needed any help! I was sent by the earth king to kill Comanche, but it seems like the legendary Terrador will get me quite a bonus!"
"The Earth King sent you? How is that possible? I killed him!" Comanche exclaimed.
"You did, but it's Boulder who is king now!"
Gravel growled at the mentioning of his father. "He will not last long on his throne!" he said with a growl. "And you will not be alive to see it!"
Leaf chuckled and readied herself with the knife in her paw.
"You want to take me on? Bring it! I have been looking forward to a challenge!" she stated.
The two earth dragons circled each other, never taking their eyes off the other. Comanche stood where he was, memories of training with Leaf freezing him on the spot. They were soldiers together in Volos, but Leaf was no ordinary soldier.
"Careful Master Gravel! She's the best assassin in Volos!" Comanche shouted.
Leaf gave the red earth dragon a quick evil glare before returning to Gravel and saying "yes, I am an assassin! The best there has ever been!"
"I am ready to prove that statement wrong!" Gravel growled back.
"Then bring it already, 'Master Gravel'!" she stated with a snicker.
After a few more steps in their circling both dragons lunged at each other with teeth bared and claws extended, looking for an opening on the other. Gravel was the first to get a slash across his side, but he took nothing of it and retaliated by striking Leaf across her face with his paw, causing her to fall to the floor from his strength. She quickly got up though, and plunged the blade she killed Terrador with into his shoulder, making him release a loud roar of pain.
The assassin tried plunging the blade deeper but was stopped by Gravel knocking her into the wall. Taking advantage of the time he had Gravel quickly took out the blade from his shoulder and threw it into the wall behind him. Leaf got up but was quickly knocked back down by Gravel again, this time he dug his teeth into her neck.
"Any last words?!" Gravel asked.
"Yes, just wanting to say that if you kill me you will be killing an innocent egg as well!" Leaf replied.
"You really expect me to believe that pack of lies?!" Gravel growled.
"I'm telling the truth! I really am pregnant!"
With another low growl Gravel bit down harder on her neck, causing her to scream in pain. He then released her neck from his mouth but held her down with his left paw and used his other paw to check her belly. Surely enough he could feel the egg inside of her.
"Would the earth guardian really kill an innocent child, even before it had a chance to take it's first breath?!"
Gravel turned his attention back to the crazy assassin and glared at her. "You killed Master Terrador! An act like that deserves the penalty of death!" he roared.
The earth guardian rose his claw and made a fist, raising it just above her head. She closed her eyes and awaited the blow, but it never came. Opening her eyes she saw that he just held the fist where it was, shaking wildly.
"Because of your unborn child, I cannot kill you, no matter how much I want to do so." he told her.
Gravel raised his paw and lowered the barrier Leaf created, allowing the fire and ice dragon guards to rush in.
"Master Gravel! Are you alright?" the fire dragon asked once seeing the blood on his shoulder.
"I am fine Aden, it's just a scratch." Gravel replied, keeping pressure on the assassin.
Comanche had finally moved and rushed to Terrador's limp body. He raised the head and checked for a pulse of any kind, but sadly got nothing.
"Master Terrador… is gone…" Comanche stated, causing Leaf to cackle.
Gravel growled loudly as he swung his fist and hit her cheek, knocking her out instantly. Aden grabbed two metal shackles that hung from his armor and locked them on Leaf's ankles, making sure there was no escape for her.
"What shall we do with her?" the ice dragon asked.
The earth guardian took a deep breath before saying "she is pregnant with an egg, thus preventing me from killing her on the spot. I want her locked in the best dungeon we have, and once she gives birth her egg shall be taken away from her."
"Understood!" the guards replied in unison.
The two dragons lifted her up and put her on Aden's back, allowing him to carry her out with ease. Once they were gone Gravel walked over to his former masters lifeless body and looked over him in sadness, several drops of tears fell unwillingly from his cheek as he did so. He quickly wiped them away, remembering that Terrador would not want Gravel to be crying over his body. He brought his claw to Terrador's eyes and slid his eyelids down, allowing the dragon to finally rest in peace.
He then turned to Comanche and said "come, help me carry him."
"Where to?" Comanche asked, on the verge of tears himself.
"To the guardian burial chamber, where all former guardians are laid to rest." Gravel answered.
Comanche nodded and picked up the body, laying it back down on Gravel's back. The two earth dragons exited the conference room and made their way out of the council chambers. As they walked every dragon they had passed turned their gaze towards them. Some closed their eyes and bowed their head, others burst out crying instantly. They tried taking as many back roads as they could to avoid too many people from seeing the body, but word quickly spread through the city, making everyone that heard rush to their location to see if it was true or not.
By the time they arrived at the burial chamber a large crowd had gathered behind them and watched them enter the building. While the doors closed the dragons standing outside all bowed their heads and paid their respects for the fallen guardian.
---
#220 Posted: 05:32:01 03/06/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 47 pt. 2

All through the night Wasp had flown with the injured Statica in his arms through the defense of Iskur, which consisted of a nonstop thunder and lightning storm. All around them the dark storm clouds swirled around them, but Wasp just simply ignored each lightning bolt that shot past them and followed his senses to the castle of Ishkur. Daybreak had appeared in the calm eye of the storm when they finally arrived.
"Statica! We made it!" Wasp exclaimed.
Keeping her paws tightly closed on her wound the weak Statica turned her head to look at the mighty black castle that stood several miles away. She did her best to look up at the still worried Wasp and give him a smile, but the pain overtook her and she grimaced and dug her nose back into his chest. Wasp quickened his speed, despite his tiredness, when he saw her pain.
Within a half hour he finally landed at the edge of the castle steps where a group of guards ran out to meet him.
"What happened to her?" one guard asked.
"She was… attacked… by surprise…" Wasp replied in deep breaths.
"I will take her to the healer immediately!" the second guard told him while having Statica put on his back.
The guard carried Statica into the castle while Wasp stood with the other guard, barely able to keep himself up.
"May I… get a place… to rest? I flew… with her… all night…" Wasp panted.
"Certainly. I'll get Voltara to find you a place." the guard replied.
He ran into the castle and returned a minute later with a yellow dragoness with black markings across her body.
"Welcome to Ishkur. I am Voltara, I shall assist you in any way possible." the dragoness stated.
"Rest… and water…" Wasp panted.
"Alright, right this way." Voltara replied with turning back towards the castle doors.
"Thank… you…" Wasp replied, trying to keep his mouth from drying up.
He followed the dragoness through the halls of the mighty castle as best he could. Voltara looked backwards every now and then to make sure Wasp didn't collapse. They walked in silence past every dragon that was shuffling their way to get breakfast and only stopped once they arrived at the room.
"Here's your room, there should be a bucket of water in there for you to drink." Voltara told him.
"Th… thank you…" Wasp panted, still dehydrated.
The dragoness nodded and walked away, leaving Wasp to himself. He looked back and watched her walk away. He didn't know why, but he just couldn't stop looking at her. He quickly shook it off and entered the room and immediately drank from the bucket of water.
With his thirst quenched Wasp climbed on top of the bed and laid down in an attempt to sleep, but with Statica being in critical condition it was nearly impossible to do so. He tried his hardest to calm himself down, but no matter what the image of his friend being shot by an arrow haunted him. Eventually his weariness took over as his mind began to rest from the long flight there.
---
#221 Posted: 05:33:13 03/06/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 47 pt. 3

A fire dragon soldier was sent to awaken the fire guardian and the healer when the sun appeared over the peak of Mt. Kennith and lead them to where Zachariah and Michellbus sat on the same hill from the night before.
"Do you two ever leave this hill?" Messick asked in a light chuckle.
"Every once in awhile. It is the best vantage point we have on the city, and we want to be aware of any movements towards us." Zachariah answered.
"What exactly is it that you are fighting for?" Flame asked curiously.
"Control of the king." Michellbus answered.
"What do you mean?" the fire guardian asked.
Michellbus answered with "well, about thirty years ago the current king, King Infernotus, was just appointed king of the recently finished city. One of his first actions was appointing an advisor named Meltor. At first things went smoothly, then we got a visit from the earth king, Silas. He met with Meltor and bribed him into convincing the king to believe that Warfang was planning on taking over the fire kingdom, as well as the other three.
"He did just that and immediately things began to change around the city. Infernotus, led by Meltor's deceit, began raising an army to defend ourselves or, if necessary, to attack Warfang. I was just a citizen at the time, and I knew something was not right about any of this. I then decided to go to Warfang with my son, your father, and get to the bottom of these rumors. We immediately met with the fire guardian, Ignitus, to discuss about it. I found him and discussed it privately while your father went off and actually met your mother. Ignitus told me that no such plans have been made, and he in fact would prefer to write a treaty for the two cities.
"With this information I flew back to Mt. Kennith alone to tell the king this news, but unfortunately I was unaware of Meltor's involvement with the earth kingdom at the time and told him what Ignitus told me. I was barely able to get out of there without being thrown into the dungeons. When I went into hiding I found Zachariah's parents, and they helped me create the resistance. I hid in their home and held secret meetings to rally the members.
"After a couple of weeks of organizing I heard news that my son was captured upon arriving. Having a warrant on me as well I couldn't simply walk to the dungeon and break him out, so I had someone from the inside pass messages back and forth. We still keep in contact to this day, in fact I hope to be getting another message from him today."
"So he really is still alive." Flame said to himself with a small smile.
"The question is, how are we going to get him out?" Messick asked.
"We are currently not armed enough to storm the city and take them head on." Zachariah answered. "If we had some more soldiers we just might be able to take on Meltor's army and remove the throne of its clouded vision."
"We just might be able to help with that." Flame told them. "I will need to return to Warfang and gather enough and help you take down Meltor."
"That would be much appreciated. If we are successful our city will help Warfang as much as possible." Michellbus replied.
"Thank you, and the biggest thing you need to do is keep the casualty rate at a minimum on both sides. The earth kingdom has declared war on Warfang and have allied themselves with the apes, their army is large and we are in need of as many troupes possible." Flame added.
"We shall make sure of it then." Michellbus replied.
Before anymore could be said a white dragon approached Michellbus with a scroll.
"Another scroll from Felix." the dragon informed.
"Thank you Moltyus, we shall discuss anything you have learned later." he replied after taking the scroll.
The dragon bowed and walked down the hill towards the resistance headquarters. Flame watched his grandfather open the scroll and read it, hoping it was good news. It didn't take long for him to finish and hand Flame the scroll.
"You will want to read it." he told him.
Flame took the scroll and read its contents.
---
#222 Posted: 05:33:53 03/06/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 47 pt. 4

"Father,

Things are looking grimmer here. The food is getting smaller and the water is not as sanitary. They want me to talk, but I refuse to tell them anything about your plans. As you have ordered I have burnt every scroll I have received and intend on doing so with any I shall receive in the future, but I recommend we write less. Recently the guards have been more and take longer shifts, giving him very short of time to make the delivery.
I am glad to hear that you are receiving more and more recruits, gives me the hope of finally getting out of this wretched place! I want to go back to Warfang and find my love and properly marry her.
Until next time father,

Felix"

Flame read through every line on the scroll, stopping to re-read the part with his mother in it with a smile. For his entire life he wondered who his father was, and now he saw that he is a very kind dragon.
"If it is alright I would very much like to write the next scroll to him myself."
Michellbus nodded and said "I figured you would want to do that, I have the next scroll ready at the resistance headquarters."
Michellbus led Flame back to the underground building and took him to his room where on a desk a scroll sat. Flame approached and took a quill and quickly began writing.

"Felix,

I am informing you that you will be rescued and you will get to see the one you love very soon. I swear to you that I will break you free and take you home. As the Guardian of Fire in Warfang it is my duty to protect the innocent and bring justice to evil.
Be expecting another message from me soon, and be prepared to break free.

Love always, your son,

Flame."

After signing his name he rolled it up and gave it to his grandfather, saying "now I shall return to Warfang and bring back enough soldiers to take the city."
"Thank you Flame, your help is much appreciated." Michellbus replied after taking the scroll.
"I will be back as soon as possible, just stay alive until we return." Flame told him while heading out of the building.
"No promises on my part. I am getting much to old to keep up all of this fighting." his grandfather replied. "But I will do what it takes to keep this resistance alive."
"Good, we are in dire need of the fire kingdom's help. I do not know the situation is with Ishkur, but so far we have Pyry on our side, maybe we can make Volos surrender if they realize the advantage we have."
"Then we just might finally have peace between all five cities." Michellbus added.
"Yes, but there is still the problem with the apes. They are helping Volos right now but only because Demetrius has told them to. I do not think he will even stop if we get all of our allies together."
"Demetrius huh? I remember him. The son of Malefor, he'll be a tough one to take down."
"Yeah, but thankfully we have a purple dragon on our side." Flame told him.
Michellbus stopped and stared at Flame in shock. "You mean to tell me that a purple dragon lives in Warfang?" he asked.
"Yeah, his name is Spyro. He and his mate Cynder were the ones to defeat Malefor."
"Then why not use him to bring the cities together?"
"He is currently busy, and it is not his job. It is the Guardians' job to bring the elemental cities together."
"I understand, but if he just visited everywhere they would follow a lot quicker I believe."
"Times have changed. Yes, he is a big part of our force, but we are strong enough to take on our own problems ourselves. Besides, he has his own family to care for, all he wants is to live with them peacefully."
Michellbus nodded in agreement as they walked outside once more where Moltyus was waiting.
"Moltyus, we have one more scroll for you to deliver." Michellbus said after handing him the scroll.
"Alright, I shall deliver it immediately!" the white dragon stated after taking the scroll and putting it in his bag.
Once Moltyus was gone Flame and Michellbus approached Messick, whom asked "what's the plan Flame?"
"We go back to Warfang and bring back some dragons to help take the city." Flame answered.
"Alright, we shall leave at once!" Messick stated. He then turned to Michellbus and said, "it was nice seeing you again my friend."
"Likewise, I cannot wait until you return." he replied while shaking his paw.
Flame looked at his grandfather and said, "I promise you, I will return."
"I know you will. You have your father's commitment in you. I have no doubt in my mind that you will be the one to rescue him!" he replied, shaking his paw as well.
With one last look at the city below Flame took off to the sky with Messick right behind him and flew towards Warfang, keeping his promise in his thoughts.
---
#223 Posted: 05:34:11 03/06/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 47 pt. 5

The image that the three dragons saw upon arriving at Pyry stunned them. What once was a magnificent castle was now a giant pile of rubble. From the distance they were at they could not see anything moving, but they all had a feeling the golem was still there.
"Alright, remember the plan." Spyro stated.
Murghus only nodded and flew forward with revenge glistening in his eyes. They few to where the main gate once was and landed, keeping their eyes peeled for any movement.
"Tundra, stay low and under cover, we will head to the castle." Murghus ordered in a whisper.
Tundra grumbled a bit but did as he was told and sunk low to the ground while crawling to the nearest building, leaving Spyro and Murghus by themselves. The prince continued to creep along the edge of the buildings, peeking slowly over each corner before advancing to the next building. He continued doing this until he saw a pile of snow move a bit. Figuring that it wasn't the golem or Alexis he crept up and dug some snow off and found two blue dragons cuddled together, a male and female. Tundra immediately recognized them as Taraxus and Kitana, two of his childhood friends.
"Taraxus! You're alive!" Tundra exclaimed.
The dragon looked up weakly at him. "T… Tundra? Is that you?" he asked in almost a whisper.
"Yes Taraxus, I'm her to save you and your sister." he replied.
Taraxus bowed his head in sadness and told him "Kitana is dead. An icicle pierced her stomach, she died in minutes."
Tundra stared in disbelief at the lifeless dragoness next to his friend. They had quite often come to the castle and played with him, he just could not believe she was dead. Tears formed in his eyes while the memories continued playing in his head. Taraxus raised his wing over him and tried his best to comfort his friend.
"She lived a happy life." he said gently.
"It wasn't… long enough…" Tundra said in-between sobs. "She had… a whole life ahead of her… That monster!"
The ice prince began shaking with rage and his eyes seemed to change from the look of kindness to eyes filled with rage. All he wanted to do now was rip Alexis into tiny shreds for what she did to his friends. It wasn't until Taraxus put a paw on his shoulder that he calmed down.
"She would not want you to lose yourself over her death." he told Tundra.
Tundra looked into his friend's eyes and nodded. Taraxus slowly stood up and shook the snow off of his body, doing the same with his sister's body as well.
"That monster is still here. I saw it enter the castle." Taraxus stated.
"Murghus is heading that way with the purple dragon! We must go and help them!" Tundra told him.
"I would love to help, but before it killed Kitana it hit me with its hand and broke my wing and my right paw. I cannot fight."
Tundra sighed before saying "alright, we will then find anymore survivors that are here."
Taraxus nodded and followed Tundra down the street with a limp and began searching for any more dragons still breathing.
Murghus and Spyro slowly made their way towards the castle, keeping an eye out for the golem or Alexis hidden in the snow or in the destroyed buildings. The scene was hard for Murghus to look at. In the few years he had lived in Pyry not once did he think he would be seeing it the way it was now.
They finally arrived at the castle steps and stopped, looking at the top of the steps, where Alexis stood with an evil smile.
"Welcome back to Pyry my love!" she suddenly stated.
The ice guard gave a loud growl before saying "you really still think I could ever love you after what you did?!"
"Well why not? I just made us the rulers of our new kingdom! You and I can start new here, and rule as king and queen!"
"I will never be with you!" Murghus roared.
"Why will you not accept the fact that we were meant to be? The ancestors…
"Will punish you deeply for what you have done to your own people!" Spyro interrupted.
Alexis only scoffed before saying, "my 'people' never accepted me for who I was! I was a servant to the queen! I deserved to be queen for all of the hard work I put into the city! Not once was I recognized!"
"The queen treated you fairly, and you dare betray her?!" Murghus shouted.
"It doesn't matter what you say, what's done is done, and either you will love me, or you shall die like all others that opposed me! If I can't have you, no other dragoness can! Especially that disgusting white dragoness!"
That last sentence was the last straw for Murghus as he charged at Alexis with a loud roar, only to be stopped by a giant ice hand that slammed into the ground in front of him. He and Spyro looked up to see the ice golem looking down at them from inside the castle ruins behind Alexis, starring at them with its pale blue eyes.
"You have left me no choice then. Golem, kill the purple one, leave the blue one alive."
---
#224 Posted: 07:27:08 04/06/2011
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
#225 Posted: 15:31:08 04/06/2011 | Topic Creator
is that good or bad?
---
#226 Posted: 19:09:14 04/06/2011
kinda scary but amazing
#227 Posted: 07:51:17 22/07/2011 | Topic Creator
just a heads up to anybody still wanting to read this story, my computer crashed last week but should be fixed soon. once it is i shall immediately get back to writing.
---
#228 Posted: 16:25:42 22/07/2011
ohhhhhh thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank yoooooooooou oh thank goodness i thought ued forgotten about this story
#229 Posted: 06:12:11 23/07/2011 | Topic Creator
thee's no way i would forget about this! It's the best thing i have ever written and i intend on finishing it.
---
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#230 Posted: 06:27:53 24/07/2011
good bro im glad to hear that, for a moment there I thought you just didnt want to finish this anylonger.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
#231 Posted: 04:16:50 08/08/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 48 pt.1

Another Golem

Obeying her command the mighty Ice Golem raised it's fist and brought it down towards where Spyro and Murghus were standing, but only hit the stone stairway they once stood upon. The two dragons had dove out of the way just before the strike came, and to avoid another one they both took to the sky. After finding where Spyro was the Golem took a breath and shot large icicles towards him. Wasting no time Spyro quickly flew out of the way and shot a fireball at the beast, but came to no avail when it put it out with a mist of ice.
With the first attempt failed Spyro continued to try to melt the monster, but the reactions were too quick to get a good shot off. Seeing the purple dragon having trouble Murghus decided to try to distract the Golem to give him a clear shot, but before he had the chance to get close he was tackled from underneath and brought to the ground with a crash. He looked up and saw Alexis pinning him down with an evil grin.
"Can't let you fight my monster, I wouldn't want that handsome face of yours to get damaged." She said to him while stroking her paw over his cheek.
With a growl Murghus raised his hind legs and kicked her off of him and back onto the stairway. Before she had time to react Murghus had gotten up and pinned her to the ground.
"Well, I prefer being the dominant one, but I guess you can have your turn." Alexis stated with an evil laugh.
"What will it take for you to know I do not love you?!" he asked her.
"From the position we're in I doubt that." she replied with another laugh before licking his cheek.
With his eyes widened in shock Murghus replied to the lick with a scratch to her face.
"I do not love you! I love Glacia! She and I are mates, and are expecting a child soon! Face it Alexis, we were never meant to be!"
Hearing Murghus say those words made Alexis' heart sink, but she kept her composure and kicked him off of her.
"Very well, once that golem finishes off your friend and captures you I shall go to Warfang and take care of the problem." she told him while getting up.
"You, will not, touch Glacia!" Murghus roared.
Alexis instantly knew she had made a mistake by saying that, for Murghus quickly got up and shot four pieces of ice at her, each piece grabbing her claws and pinning them to the ground. Without being able to move Alexis could do nothing to prevent what Murghus was going to do to her. With his mind controlled by his rage Murghus approached the helpless dragoness and struck her with his claw across the side of the face.
"That's for Brohn!" he roared. Another strike came shortly after across the other side of her face. "That was for the innocent people you have killed! And this is for Glacia!" Murghus added with a final punch to her lower jaw, knocking her out instantly.
Once Alexis was unconscious the Golem felt the loss of connection and turned its gaze to Alexis for a second. With the clear opening Spyro took the shot and landed several fireballs on the Golem's head, making it roar in pain. Immediately Spyro followed with shooting a line of flames across its back and chest.
Murghus watched from the ground as the legendary Golem began to melt from all the fire. Spyro continued to cover it in flames to ensure that it would remain hot and did not stop for a second. Without its sight all the Golem could do was swing its arms in an attempt to hit Spyro, but the purple dragon was too quick for his strikes. Eventually, though, the Golem's arms broke off from the heat and shattered on the ground. This was closely followed by its legs all breaking at once, leaving the Golem's body to smash into the ground, breaking into three giant pieces that were slowly melting away into the snow underneath.
Once the last part of the Golem was gone Spyro landed next to Murghus and patted his shoulder.
"Thank you for giving me an opportunity to strike." he said to him.
"And thank you for taking out that monster." Murghus replied. "The deaths of many have now been repaid."
Spyro nodded and turned to Alexis. "What shall we do with her?"
"Every fiber of my body wants to kill her right now."
Spyro looked at the ice dragon and could see the resistance in his eyes. "But, she is still another dragon, and deserves a fair trial?" he asked.
Murghus nodded in reply and said "she will get what she deserves, but it wont be by my claws. For now, we lock her up in the dungeons, if they are still intact that is."
"But who will watch her? What if she escapes?" Spyro asked.
"I would be happy to do it." A new voice stated from behind the two dragons.
They both turned and saw Tundra standing with six other dragons standing behind him with Taraxus standing next to him.
"Was this all you could find, Tundra?" Murghus asked the prince.
"Yes, I looked all over the city. Everyone else was already dead." Tundra answered.
"Including my sister." Taraxus added. "Which is why I wish to stay and watch Alexis. I will not let her out of my sights and I will stop her from escaping, even if I have to die for it."
"I am grateful of your offer, but Alexis is much bigger and very much stronger than you, how do you plan on keeping her locked up?" Spyro asked.
"There is a plant in the gardens that if consumed will knock out a grown dragon for hours. If I keep giving it to her it should work until everyone comes back to get her." Taraxus answered.
"Very well, if you are up to the challenge then you shall do it. I will notify the Queen about this immediately once we return to Warfang." Murghus stated.
"I am, thank you for trusting me master Murghus." Taraxus said with a bow.
Murghus replied with a nod then turned his gaze back to the survivors.
"Are any of you unable to fly?" he asked the group. After everyone shook their heads no he said "alright, we will lead all of you to Warfang where you shall be reunited with your loved ones and will be fed and taken care of. Let's move, I want to get back as soon as possible."
The survivors obeyed Murghus' orders and followed him, along with Spyro and Tundra, into the sky and towards Warfang.
---
#232 Posted: 04:21:00 08/08/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 48 pt. 2

With the amount of energy he had used the night before, Wasp enjoyed every minute of his nap in Ishkur, even with Statica in the condition that she was in. He cared for her with all his heart, even though she already had a mate and two kids, but he knew he did all he could to help her. Now it was the healers' turn to do their best to save her.
For several hours he slept without disturbance on the comfortable bed. He even slept through someone knocking on the door repeatedly. When there was no answer the door opened gently and in walked the same dragoness that led him to the room he was in now. She examined him and figured he was still worn out, but the news she had to tell him was extremely important and he needed to hear it!
When she moved her paw to wake him up she stopped for a moment to take a better look at him. She noticed how muscular, yet skinny he was. It seemed to her that the only thing he had eaten for his life were small rodents, once a day. Once he told her what she needed to she figured she needed to get some more food into him, she had been wanting to try a new recipe of hers but no one was willing enough to try it.
The next thing she noticed about him was his face, or the lack of one. She could see his eyelids, but everything else was covered by the black mask he was wearing. It struck her as odd for a dragon to be wearing a mask, especially while he sleeps.
Letting her curiosity get the best of her she moved her paw to his head and tried to gently pull the mask off of him, but nearly jumped through the ceiling when one of his paws pushed hers away. Wasp was now wide awake and looking at the intruder with wide eyes.
"Oh, hello Voltara." Wasp finally said.
"Hey, Wasp." she replied, still trying to catch her breath.
"Sorry about scaring you, I have gone through so much in my life my body has a natural reaction to defend myself."
"It's alright, I shouldn't have been doing that anyways."
Wasp nodded slightly then looked at her confusedly and asked "what are you doing here anyways?"
"Oh, right. I was sent to inform you that Statica is doing well and is on the path to a full recovery." she answered.
With a sigh of relief Wasp said "good to hear, I was afraid she wouldn't have made it much longer."
"It was a good thing you brought her here when you did. From what I was told she had lost a lot of blood, anymore in fact and she might not be with us now."
Just the thought of that made Wasp's body shiver. He had just found Statica he was not ready to lose her again.
"Also, the King is ready to see you." Voltara added.
"King? I thought the ruler of Ishkur was a Queen."
"It was, but Queen Virara has passed the honor to her son, Jolt. The ceremony was last week, which is why the dragons of Warfang are not yet aware of the change."
"I see, well then I am ready to see him as well, I guess." Wasp said while getting off the bed.
"Alright, I shall lead the way." Voltara replied.
The two walked out of the room together and Wasp followed Voltara through the halls of the castle, this time getting a better look at how the interior looked. It had basic castle designs, but with this being the first castle he had ever seen wasp was looking around in awe. His entire life had consisted in living inside a small stone house or in a forest, never had he imagined even seeing a castle.
Voltara glanced to her side and saw Wasp looking around. She could hear the who's and awe's coming from him, which made he giggle a bit.
'He is a rather cute dragon, even with the mask and hidden life story.' Voltara said to herself in her mind.
After getting a good few of the place Wasp began walking normally again, but still checking out every other thing with the corner of his eye. Within a few minutes the two dragons arrived at the entrance to the throne room where two guards stood.
"Welcome Voltara, what brings you here today?" the guard on the left asked.
"The electric guardian calls for a meeting with his majesty, but she is unable to attend so in her place she sends Wasp to meet with him." Voltara answered.
"Very well, you may proceed." the guard replied.
The guard on the right then pushed the door open for them to enter. Once they were both inside the door was immediately shut.
"Ah, welcome back Voltara." a voice said from the other side of the room. Wasp looked closer and saw a yellow dragon sitting with a similar, much older, looking dragoness behind him. "What brings you back into my presence?"
"I come with the representative of Warfang, Wasp." Voltara answered while lowering herself into a bow.
"Ah yes, welcome to my kingdom Wasp. Have you enjoyed your stay?"
"Other than the worrying for my friend I have. You have a real nice castle your majesty." Wasp replied with a bow.
"Thank you, it was built only several years ago, after the apes drove us out of our last one and gave it to the son of Malefor. But enough about the castle, if you came with the Electric Guardian of Warfang there must be something urgent you want to talk to us about."
"Yes your majesty, we flew here to inform you that the earth kingdom, Volos, has declared war on us." Wasp told him.
"The earth kingdom? Why would they do that?" the dragoness behind Jolt asked.
"We are not clear of their intentions, we can only guess that they want to rule the planet and prove they are the stronger race." Wasp replied.
"This is unbelievable! Never in my years as queen has there been anything like this!"
"My mother is right, Volos has been allies with all the elemental kingdoms during the war against Malefor, why would they change their mind now?" Jolt asked.
"I do not know the answer to that, all I do know is that they did and they must be stopped. We had also come to ask for an alliance between our two cities to…"
"Say no more Wasp! I accept your offer." Jolt interrupted.
"Thank you your majesty, you shall not regret making this decision."
"It is my pleasure to help Warfang in any way I can. Is there some sort of treaty I need to sign?"
"There is, but the guardians must all be present for it."
"Does this mean I must travel to Warfang?" Jolt asked.
"Not necessarily, Pyry sent a representative to initially sign it then bring it back to the queen." Wasp answered.
"Very well, we shall do the same. Voltara, would you do the honor of going to Warfang for me?"
"I certainly will your majesty." Voltara answered.
"Excellent. And while you're there, have fun. We are going to be allies with Warfang no matter what, so take your time and take a break. You have most certainly deserved it."
"Thank you, your majesty." Voltara replied with a bow.
Jolt slightly bowed his head in reply then turned back to Wasp and asked "what happened to the Electric Guardian last night?"
"She was shot in the neck by an ape archer." Wasp replied. "It only skimmed her scales, but she lost a lot of blood on our way here."
"Apes then. I will order more guards to be stationed near our borders. It will be hard for them to reach us with the defenses we have set up, but not impossible, and I do not want to risk anything." Jolt announced while getting up.
"I agree with your decision, they found a way to get to Pyry and destroy it." Wasp told him.
The three other dragons looked at him in shock. "You mean to tell me that the apes found a way to get to Pyry, which has the hardest defense to get through?" Virara asked.
"I am not so sure if it was the apes themselves, or Demetrius. Either way, if you see anything bigger than a dragon I suggest you evacuate the castle." Wasp replied.
"With that news I just might evacuate now to keep everyone safe!" Jolt stated.
"I doubt that they can get much more than a few apes through the storm. The lightning bolts are deadly accurate and will wipe out most of their troops." Voltara told him.
"Yes, I know. I just want to keep the citizens safe."
---
#233 Posted: 04:21:40 08/08/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 48 pt. 3

"You are doing your best my son. I am certain they are all grateful for what you do." Virara said to him.
"Thank you mother. Now, I best be off to inform the troops. Good luck Voltara, and thank you again." Jolt said before walking towards the door.
Wasp and Voltara bowed as he left and followed him out, but Voltara led Wasp in the opposite direction. She took him to the hospital wing and straight to where Statica was laying, still unconscious from the blood loss. Seeing her in this condition made Wasp tear up a little bit, but he shook it off when he saw her face.
"It looks like she isn't in pain anymore." he stated.
"Yeah, the healers did their best, but they are not trained for situations like this." Voltara told him. "We have not had any battles in years, but they seemed to have done well."
Wasp nodded and got a closer look at the wound. It was covered by a cloth, which was covered in dried up blood. He pulled the cloth up a little bit and saw the cut had been lightly sealed with something to stop the bleeding.
"That gel will stop her bleeding for awhile, but not permanently." A new voice announced from behind him, causing him to jump up slightly
Wasp turned to see another electric dragon standing close to Voltara, whom he assumed was one of the doctors.
"What do you mean not permanently?" Wasp asked.
"The arrow cut deeply into her throat, that gel is not that strong, but it will stop the blood from coming out. It will eventually sink into her bloodstream and disapear, allowing the blood to flow again if it is not completely healed at the time." the doctor answered.
"How long until the wound will seal up?" Wasp asked.
"With a wound that deep, a week at least, and we are low on supply for that gel."
"What?! Can't you sew her up or something?!" Wasp asked, his fear rising again.
"No, and before you ask no I cannot try to fix the problem myself. It is far too deep for my expertise and I might do more damage to her."
Wasp growled and paced around a bit, trying to figure out what to do. In his time in the wild he had grown the natural instinct of protection, but nothing about healing.
"How long will that gel stay on?" Wasp finally asked.
"Twelve hours, maybe." the doctor replied.
"Okay, is there enough to go on a day of traveling?"
"Only if you were to stop only to put more gel on and get something to eat before getting back in the sky."
"Okay, then I have a plan, and I will need your help Voltara." Wasp announced.
"Alright, what is it?" she asked.
"We are going to strap her to a harness and fly her back to Warfang, where a, real, healer can help." Wasp answered, getting a glare from the doctor.
"Okay, I will certainly need that vacation the king promised me once we get there." Voltara stated.
Wasp chuckled a bit but quickly began searching for a harness to carry Statica in. He found one in a nearby closet and put it on Statica with the help of Voltara and the doctor. He then found the strongest rope he could find and placed it through the straps and around his and Voltara's neck. Once everything was set they rolled the table Statica was on outside and readied themselves.
The doctor put two small canisters of the gel inside a pouch on Statica's harness, saying "that should be enough to get you there. Now hurry, and good luck."
"Thank you doctor, if it wasn't for you she would have never had this chance." Wasp said to him.
"Hey, it's my job, now go!"
Wasp nodded and flapped his wings with Voltara. Once the rope had extended to the fullest there was a little resistance at first, but eventually Statica's body lifted off the table and into the sky, trailing underneath Wasp and Voltara as they flew towards Warfang.

The memorial service for Terrador was held at sundown, and the entire city gathered in the field outside the walls, surrounding the area his body was laid on the ground. Gravel stood over him with Glacia, Cynder, Infernes, Cyril, Volteer, Ember and his family standing close by. The crowd was silent with the occasional dragon crying in the crowd. All heads were bowed to honor the fallen guardian, and no cheek was dry of any tears, even the children could not hold back their tears.
Gravel made sure a suitable coffin was made to honor his fallen mentor, made with the best ore anywhere. He also cleaned him up and made him seem noble, even in death. He found the spot that Terrador had taken the earth guardian recruits out to their last day of training. It was also the spot where he was told he was going to be the next earth guardian.
After Gravel had finished his prayer he looked up to the crowd and said "citizens of Warfang, we gather here to pay our respects to the elder dragon, Terrador. He was killed by an assassin from the Earth Kingdom, whom has been caught and shall pay for her crime in time.
"We are not only here to mourn his death though. We are here, to celebrate the life he had. He was by far the most loyal and dependable dragon I know. If there was ever a dragon in need of help, he would help, no matter the cost. If he ever saw injustice being done, he would set things right.
"When I came to Warfang to become a guardian, he was the first dragon I met. He treated each and every candidate the same. He showed no favoritism to no one, not even me. Through the month I was here I made sure I did my best to be just like him in every way. You could say he was like a father to me."
Gravel paused for a moment to allow himself to calm down and wipe away his tears.
"He was a brave warrior, ready to die at the hands of the enemy if it would have helped the city, but he would most certainly not gone down without taking a few dozen more apes with him."
There was a light chuckle throughout the crowd, which allowed Gravel to lighten up and go on.
"He was the dragon everyone should try to be; strong, brave, kind, and noble. We will all miss you, Master Terrador." Gravel said, thus ending his speech.
Once he finished two dragons standing close by opened the casket to allow each dragon to pass by and get one last look at the mighty Terrador. For hours the citizens walked by and paid their final respects to him. Once the last dragon had passed by the moon was high in the sky and Aden had to set up large poles with fire on top to keep the burial site visible.
Everyone gathered on one side and watched as Gravel closed the casket and slowly lowered the earth beneath it to let the former Earth Guardian, Terrador, finally rest in peace.
---
#234 Posted: 17:08:56 09/08/2011
incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!
#235 Posted: 15:37:04 14/08/2011
Yes, that was cool!
#236 Posted: 21:29:16 04/09/2011 | Topic Creator
next part is coming up soon, just need to write a few more paragraphs.

Also, me and a few of my friends are making the original book, titled "Dark Descendant", into a video series. The first episode will be up within the next few weeks, so if you have an account on youtube then you can subscribe to me (same username as here). If you have a DA account as well find me and if you want to try for a voice then let me know.

Thanks for your patience guys, hope you like what's in store for you.
---
#237 Posted: 17:50:45 06/09/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 49 pt. 1

Far From Over

With the added weight the flight back to Warfang was very difficult for Wasp, even with the help of Voltara Statica's body was heavy and difficult to fly with. They had flown for two days, only stopping to eat and put more of the gel onto Statica's wound. During the nights Wasp stayed awake and kept watch for anymore apes, letting Voltara rest. With his friend's life on the line he couldn't risk losing her or Voltara, not even to get a few hours of sleep.
On the second night Voltara could see the exhaustion taking over Wasp. She knew Wasp had stayed up the entire night, and was not about to let him stay up another. Once they had finished their meal Wasp walked away from the fire without saying a single word and took the patrolling spot again. After a few minutes Voltara walked up next to him and sat down.
"We might be able to make it to Warfang tomorrow." She stated.
"Indeed." Wasp replied while looking through the forest.
She looked over him curiously and added "you will need to get plenty of rest for the flight tomorrow."
"I cannot though, not with you and Statica in danger."
"Wasp, there is no danger around…"
"That is what I thought! Right before she was shot!" Wasp suddenly shouted at her.
Seeing the anger inside of him she backed off a little bit and said "Wasp, it wasn't your fault. You could not have predicted that ape being there, and when things did go wrong you helped safe Statica's life."
"It should have never happened in the first place."
"But it did, and it was nothing you could have prevented. All I'm saying is, she has a chance to live because of you, and the last thing she would want is for you to die of exhaustion while flying her home. You need to rest."
Wasp sighed and said "then who will protect you two?"
"Hey, who says I need protecting?!" she asked him angrily. "Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I don't know how to fight! I trained with the soldiers for a few years and can hold my own with them! I can handle a scout ape if one shows up."
Wasp finally looked at her in shock and said "forgive me, I judged when I shouldn't have. But still, it should be…"
"Wasp, everything will be fine." She interrupted while putt a paw on the back of his head. "Nothing will happen to any of us tonight. We will both wake up in the morning and get back on our way to Warfang."
Wasp looked into her eyes and could see the seriousness in them. Not wanting to argue anymore he nodded and made his way back to where Statica was laying, but before he laid down he went back to Voltara and lightly nuzzled her cheek.
"Thank you." He said to her softly before walking back to the campfire, leaving Voltara in shock with a blush.
She looked back and watched Wasp lay down close to Statica, unsure of why she felt so happy all of a sudden. After a minute she shook it off and returned to her job. She knew what Statica meant to him, and she was willing to do whatever it took to make sure that they were reunited again. She knew that was easier said than done of course. She had never tried staying up an entire night without getting some sleep before, and was aware it was going to be a challenge.
A couple hours had passed by and the forest remained silent, with the exception of Wasp's snoring. Voltara did her best to keep her eyes open, but felt the effects of the long day of flying taking a toll on her body. She knew she was not going to make it through the entire night, but she fought to stay awake for Wasp and the promise she made to him. Within a half hour, she could barely keep her eyes open and knew if she stayed still she would fall asleep instantly.
Voltara stood up and tried walking around a bit to wake herself up, but with each step she could feel herself becoming more tired. Seeing as there was no way to avoid falling asleep she moved back to where Wasp was sleeping and laid down next to him.
"A few hours can't hurt." She whispered to herself before laying her head down next to Wasp's and quickly falling into a deep sleep.
---
#238 Posted: 17:51:41 06/09/2011 | Topic Creator
Ch. 49 pt. 2

Flame and Messick arrived back in Warfang late at night after flying non-stop for the last two days. Flame was wanting to hurry and muster up enough soldiers to take on Messick, but with the time that it was he figured they were all asleep and with their families.
"There is plenty of time Flame. From the sounds of it they have no intention of killing your father." Messick told him while they walked to Flame's home.
"I know, I just don't want to risk it. From the sounds of it Meltor could change his mind at any second though." Flame replied.
"I understand that, but you will do your father no good if you do not get the sleep you need."
Flame nodded in reply and said "I will assemble the dragons in the afternoon, thank you Messick."
"It was my pleasure Flame. Now go, your mate will be happy to see you."
Flame smiled and walked up the steps to his house, eager to see Ember again. He silently opened the door and walked through the house, expecting everyone to be asleep at this late hour. He walked to Blazelight's room and quietly opening the door, seeing his daughter curled up in her bed with Shadow right next to her. He smiled at the sight and gently nuzzled his daughter's cheek, being careful not to wake her.
After that he crept out and walked into his room to see his mate sleeping peacefully on their bed. He smiled and carefully climbed into bed next to her, trying not to wake her. Due to the amount of movement though Ember opened her eyes and looked at him.
"Flame? You're back?!" she asked.
"I am, Ember. I'm back." He replied with a smile.
She smiled back and nuzzled his chin before asking "how did it go? Is the fire kingdom on our side?"
"I'll tell you in the morning with the other guardians. Right now though, I just want to sleep with my beautiful mate." Flame answered.
Ember giggled with a small blush before licking his cheek. "Then sleep well Flame, welcome home." She said.
"It's good to be home." He replied before laying his head down next to her and closing his eyes.
She joined him and closed her eyes as well, both of them enjoying being back together with the one they love.
---
#239 Posted: 17:52:26 06/09/2011 | Topic Creator
Ch. 49 pt. 3

Morning arrived, waking Wasp from his deep sleep. After a yawn he looked around and tried to clear his eyes out. He looked next to him and saw Voltara fast asleep. He couldn't help but smile, for she had snuggled up to him in the middle of the night and somehow had gotten underneath his wing. He didn't know why, but he felt happy with her next to him. For his most of his life he had lived on his own and never really felt the touch of another. What he felt right then was just like how he felt for Statica, but better.
Wasp slowly reached his down and nuzzled her cheek gently, making her shift a bit and let out a deep breath. After a minute of watching her for anymore movement he carefully stood up and stretched his body out.
"I really needed that sleep." He whispered to himself.
He then moved over to Statica's still unconscious body and checked her wound. To his relief the gel was still cove3ring the wound, but just barely. He grabbed the jar that contained the gel from the bag the doctor attached to the harness and saw there was only enough to cover the wound once more.
"Well, no stopping from here on out it seems." Wasp told himself.
He poured the last of the gel into his paw and gently rubbed the rest of it on her neck, making sure he covered all of the wound. Once he finished he watched as the gel began hardening and covering the wound safely. With a sigh of relief Wasp put the jar back into the bag and ran into the forest to catch something for him and Voltara to eat, as well as any water to give Statica.
Wasp returned several minutes later with two squirrels in his mouth and the jar filled with some water he found in a nearby creek. He noticed Voltara was still asleep in the same spot. He walked to her and dropped a squirrel in front of her before gently shaking her.
"Voltara, breakfast is ready." He said gently.
Voltara lifted her head slightly and looked up at Wasp with a yawn.
"Good morning Wasp… Morning?!" she suddenly exclaimed when she realized what time it was. "Wasp, I'm so sorry! I…"
"It's alright Voltara." Wasp interrupted. "Everyone is safe and fully rested, thanks to you."
"But I promised you I would stand watch for the night!"
"I know, but I cannot hate you for trying. I pushed you to the limit with flying all day yesterday, we both needed the rest."
Voltara sighed and stated "you're right."
She jumped a bit when Wasp reached his head down and nuzzled her cheek again, making her blush. Once he was done she looked down at the squirrel in front of her and devoured it in her mouth. When she finished she rose up and began putting the harness on while Wasp gently poured some water down Statica's throat. Once he felt she had enough he put the jar away and put his harness on as well.
With everything set the two dragons flapped their wings and flew towards Warfang, not stopping even once to make it back in time.
---
#240 Posted: 17:54:43 06/09/2011 | Topic Creator
Ch. 49 pt. 4

The sun had just passed midday when Warfang came into view of the dragons returning from Pyry. With vengeance served all Murghus cared about now was returning to his mate and the child he will have someday soon. The idea of a little version of Glacia or himself running around his home made his heart beat quickly with joy.
Spyro looked over and saw the smile on his face and knew what he was thinking about. He remembered when Cynder was pregnant with his first child and the joy that followed after his return from imprisoning Demetrius and his companions. He prayed in his mind that Murghus would not go through the same ordeal he had to go through with Phoenus. During their flight to and back from Pyry Murghus had been telling him his life story, and he knew if his child were to do something similar he would not take it as well as he had.
The band of dragons landed on the wall and were swiftly met by the dragon captain, Aden.
"Welcome back Spyro, Murghus, and Tundra. I assume your mission was a success?" Aden asked.
"It was. The Ice Golem has been destroyed and Alexis has been captured." Spyro answered.
"Excellent! The Guardians will be very pleased to hear of this!" Aden replied. "Speaking of them, Master Gravel wishes me to bring you to the council chamber immediately."
"Very well, lead the way." Spyro stated.
With a nod Aden turned and led the dragons away and took Spyro, Murghus, and Tundra to the council chamber, letting the rest of the survivors follow another escort to Ember for healing. When they arrived in the chamber they saw Gravel and Glacia waiting for them. Once Glacia saw Murghus walk in she rushed over to him and embraced him tightly.
"Murghus! You did it!" she cheered.
He hugged her back and replied with "yes my love, it is finished. Pyry is once again safe."
Glacia smiled and moved her muzzle up to his and kissed him passionately. "I knew you would do it!" she told him.
He smiled and kissed her once more before letting go and joining the others with Gravel.
"I see that you have defeated the monster. Well done. Now we are one step closer to world peace." Said Gravel.
"We are indeed, all that remains is the earth kingdom and Demetrius." Spyro replied.
"Don't be too sure about that." A voice suddenly announced from behind them.
Everyone turned and saw that it was Flame that had spoken. "What do you mean by that?" Glacia asked.
"The Fire Kingdom is currently under the control of a dragon working for the Earth Kingdom. I could not even get into the city to talk with them." He answered.
"Then how do you know of all this?" Gravel asked.
"There is a group of dragons that are resisting the rules. They took us in and told us about what has been going on. They are in need of a small group of soldiers to take back the city, which is where we come in."
"So you are suggesting that we send a group of soldiers when our city is in danger of an attack at any second?" Gravel asked.
"It will not be that many troops, just enough to help the resistance get in and take control."
"I understand that, but with the threat towards us I am not sure if we can afford losing a single dragon."
"It is only for a couple of days! With how well our troops are raised we will take the city in no time!"
"We will discuss this later once Statica returns with her report." Gravel stated. "In the meantime have some news I must tell all of you."
"What is it Gravel?" Spyro asked, sensing the sadness in him.
Gravel took a deep breath before telling them "master Terrador, is dead."
Spyro felt his heart sink into his stomach when he heard this. Terrador was one of the first dragons he met, and through all their time together he seemed like an uncle to Spyro's mind. The idea of him being gone was unimaginable until now.
"How… how did he die?" Spyro finally asked.
"There was an earth dragon assassin that was trying to take out a traitor, but he was in the way." Gravel answered. "I was able to capture her and put her in the dungeons. She will be serving a lifetime sentence and will have her egg taken away from her once it is laid."
Spyro nodded and said "good, I know how it feels to have your child taken away from you, it is the worst thing imaginable. She will suffer every day for the rest of her life now."
"Yes, I know as well." Gravel stated, thinking of his son Stone. "If you want to visit his grave we buried him in the field outside of Warfang. I figured a warrior should be buried in the battlefield."
"I will go later today. Until then I should return home to Cynder. She should be giving birth any day now and I don't want to miss it." Spyro told him.
"Understandable. Welcome back and good job everyone. You did a huge favor for Warfang." Gravel replied.
Each dragon bowed to each other as their goodbye before going off into separate directions. Tundra walked towards Eirlys' home, thinking of how he was going to explain to his mother where he had been. He knew very well that he was going to be in a lot of trouble with her, but he felt that helping Murghus and Spyro was worth it.
Without any more time to think about it he walked up the steps to the house and knocked on the door. After a minute of waiting he saw a green dragon open the door and look down at him.
"Can I help you?" he asked.
"Uh, yeah, is Queen Krystal here?" Tundra asked a bit confused.
"Maybe, why do you ask?" the dragon replied.
"Well, she is my mother and I am wanting to see her."
Tundra looked at the dragon curiously when his eyes went wide after his last statement. He didn't recognize this dragon at all, and he was good with remembering faces.
"You… you're Tundra?" The dragon finally asked.
"Yeah… why?" Tundra asked.
Again Tundra was confused when a smile spread across the dragon's muzzle.
"Alright, you may come in." the dragon said while moving out of the way.
Tundra cautiously walked in, still a bit afraid of the dragon walking behind him. He didn't seem threatening, but he just felt creped out by how he was acting. It was as if he should know this dragon from somewhere, but couldn't remember him at all. He shook the feeling away and entered his mother's room, seeing her taking a nap. The prince walked up to her and gently shook her leg.
"Mom." He whispered to her softly.
Krystal slowly woke up and lifted her head up with her vision still blurry. Once her eyes cleared out she saw her son standing next to her bed.
"Tundra!" She exclaimed before hugging him tightly.
He hugged her back, overjoyed to be back with her again. They hugged for several minutes, Krystal was thanking the ancestors for bringing him back to her.
"I missed you so much my son! I was so worried!" she said to him.
"I'm sorry mother, I just had to go. Pyry was my city, and I felt like I had to do something." He replied.
"It's alright Tundra, I am not angry at you. Every young dragon has to go off to battle sometime, I guess I was not ready to let you go yet."
"I am still here with you mother, I am not going to leave you."
Krystal smiled and kissed his cheek. She finally let go of him and looked to the green dragon standing in the doorway.
"I see you've met Adrian, Tundra." She said to him.
Tundra looked back at the green dragon and said "yeah, he let me in but I never got his name."
---
#241 Posted: 17:55:18 06/09/2011 | Topic Creator
Ch. 49 pt. 5

"Well then, let me introduce you two properly. Adrian, this is my son Tundra. Tundra, this is your father, Adrian."
The Ice Prince looked at his mother in shock. She had mentioned his father several times before, but never had she mentioned he was an earth dragon, or alive. He stepped off of the bed and walked towards the smiling green dragon and examined him. He looked nothing like himself, but he kind of figured since most of his looks came from his mother and grandfather. He sat down in front of Adrian and looked up at him.
"So, you are my father?" he asked.
"I am indeed my son." Adrian answered.
"Then tell me this. Where have you been my entire life? Why did you not stay with mom?"
"I wanted to stay with your mother more than anything in this world, but the earth king had summoned me. It is a long story, but just know that I tried to save Pyry from destruction."
Tundra just stared at Adrian for a moment the ran up and hugged him tightly, surprising Adrian a bit but he hugged his son back.
"It's great to finally meet you dad!" Tundra stated.
"Likewise my son." Adrian replied, finally glad to be able to say that.
Tundra tightened the hug with a smile. He never had the father figure everyone else had, the closest he had was Brohn, but he still didn't feel like a father to him. Adrian looked up to Krystal and smiled at her, getting a smile back in return. Everyone in the room was now happy to be a complete family now.
The bonding time was disrupted by a ground shaking explosion that came from the outside. Everyone looked around in confusion and tried to see the cause of it.
"What on earth was that?" Krystal asked.
"I have a pretty good idea what it is." Adrian stated.

Meanwhile, Spyro quickly flew home and landed in front of his door before opening it and walking in. He looked around the house and found Cynder lying down on their bed.
"Welcome home Spyro." She said with a smile.
Spyro smiled back and said "it's good to be back with you my love."
After a quick nuzzle Cynder asked "so is it finished? Did you destroy the Golem?"
"We did, we will never see that monster again." Spyro answered.
"That is wonderful to hear!" Cynder exclaimed. "Was it anything like the last Golem we fought?"
"It was exactly like it. Not as difficult though as it melted by the smallest fireball."
Cynder giggled a bit and sat up, but quickly fell back to the bed while groaning in pain.
"Cynder?! Are you alright?!" Spyro asked in shock.
"No, I'm not. Spyro, it's time." She replied.
Spyro went wide eyed in shock and said "we must get you to Ember! She can…"
"I don't think I can make it." Cynder interrupted. "This one is much more painful than the last one."
"Then I'll go get her! I'll be right back!" Spyro exclaimed as he rushed out of the room and out of the house.
As he opened the door to go outside he almost ran into Glacia, whom was standing in the doorway.
"Spyro! Something wrong?" she asked.
"Glacia? What are you doing here?" he asked.
"I was coming by to say thank you for helping Murghus." She answered.
"Oh, well, you're welcome. I have to go get Ember right now, Cynder is about to lay her egg!"
"She is?! Then get going! I'll watch her until you get back!" Glacia told him.
"Okay, thank you Glacia!" Spyro exclaimed as he ran off to find Ember.
He reached her hospital in several minutes and rushed in, asking Messick "is Ember available?"
"Yes, she is working on supplies in the back. What do you need her for?" Messick replied.
"My mate, Cynder, is about to lay her egg! I want Ember to help her with it."
"Say no more." Ember stated after entering the room. "I will take care of it, let's get going!"
Spyro nodded and said "thank you."
"Anything to help my friends." She replied while walking to the door.
Right before the two could exit though the door slammed open and showed Wasp carrying the unconscious Statica on his back.
"Sweet ancestors! What happened to her?" Ember asked while going to Statica.
"An… ape scout… shot her neck… the gel… is dissolving…" Wasp managed to say in-between breaths.
Ember took a look at her neck and said "yeah, it's dissolving alright, and the wound is still healing! I have to take care of her immediately!"
Messick ran over and took Statica onto his back and carried her into the back room, putting her gently on the operation table.
"Spyro, I'm sorry, but Statica's life is on the line here. I have to help her!" Ember told him.
"It's alright Ember, I understand. I'll get my mother to help Cynder, she's done it before. Good luck." Spyro replied before running out of the hospital.
Ember ran into the operation room while Wasp stood where he was still trying to catch his breath from flying so quickly. Voltara walked in with a bucket of water for him to drink. Once he finished he nodded his thanks and moved to a waiting area.
"Wasp, you should go get some rest." Voltara told him.
"I'm fine Voltara, I just need to make sure she's going to be alright." He replied. "You are more than welcome to leave if you wish."
She shook her head and said "no, I'm not going to leave your side Wasp. We made it this far, I want to see this thing through."
Wasp nodded and looked back at the door Statica was in and waited. He jumped a bit when he felt something on his shoulder. He turned and saw Voltara laying her head on him with her body right next to his.
"I've also grown very fond of you Wasp." She said to him gently. "During this travel, I have gotten to know you a bit, and now that we are in Warfang, I was hoping we could possibly get to know each other a lot more."
Underneath his mask Wasp was blushing a bit when he nodded and said "I would like that, very much."
Voltara smiled and snuggled up closer to him and closed her eyes. Wasp wrapped his wing around her and put his head next to hers.

When Icis answered her door after hearing a knock she was a bit surprised to see her son standing in front of her, out of breath.
"Spyro? Is everything alright?" she asked worriedly.
"Cynder… giving birth… right now…" he panted in reply.
"Oh my! I'll get over there right away!" Icis replied. "You should rest here and catch your breath for now. When you are rested enough come back home."
"Okay… thank you, mother."
"Anything for you my child." Icis said before rushing out to Spyro's house.
Taking his mother's advice Spyro laid down beneath a tree in the lawn and rested his tired body.
"I am getting too old to be running around like this." He said to himself.
He laid there until he caught his breath and stood up. He turned to return home but froze when he heard a loud crash come from downtown. Spyro looked for the source and saw a tower that had lost the top half. Knowing that it was no accident Spyro flapped his wings and flew to the crash site, but something else drew his attention to the wall. Spyro flew to the wall and landed next to Gravel and Flame, who were in just as big of a shock as he was.
"This war is far from over." Gravel stated.
---
#242 Posted: 20:19:02 06/09/2011
GREAT CHAPTERS! I want to know what happens next!
#243 Posted: 20:37:31 06/10/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI Final pt. 1

Peace… For Now

What the three dragons saw in front of them was none other than their worst fear. An army of around a hundred earth dragons filled the fields below with no signs of any apes with them. Even with the small number of dragons that were there they all knew this was the biggest army of dragons to ever attack Warfang.
Flame turned to his personal guard, Aden, and ordered "get the rest of the soldiers here! We are going to need everyone we can get for this battle!"
"Yes sir!" Aden replied before flying back into the city.
While scanning the army in front of them Gravel spotted a familiar dragon at the front. It was none other than his father, Boulder. He hadn't seen him in years, but he knew all too well that it was him. The one time he saw him his face was burned into his mind. Every fiber of his body wanted to fly down there and fight him for all of the pain and suffering he caused on Warfang, but doing so would be foolish with all of the earth dragons that would swarm him before he even got close enough.
Gravel was suddenly taken out of his thoughts when he saw Boulder flying towards them with no other dragon with him.
"What does he think he's doing?!" Spyro asked in shock.
"It appears that he is wishing to meet with us." Flame stated.
"So he brings his entire army just to speak with us?" Spyro asked, still in shock.
"Maybe it's a backup plan if he doesn't get what he wants. No matter what though, stay on your guard and be ready for anything." Flame replied.
Gravel nodded and watched as his father neared their location, landing next to the three dragons.
"Master Flame, it is an honor to finally meet you." Boulder stated with a slight bow. "I have heard so many good stories about you and your fellow guardians. Noble leaders indeed, quite possibly the best…"
"What is it you want Boulder?" Gravel interrupted.
The Earth King looked up at his son and said "well, son, I am just here to collect the one responsible for killing my father, the previous Earth King. You may know who I am talking about. He is a red earth dragon named Comanche, he came here with another named Adrian."
"We are well aware of them, what is it that you want of them though?" Flame asked.
"I just simply want to make them pay for the crimes they have done." Boulder answered.
"And why should we hand them over to you?" Spyro asked.
"Because, mighty purple dragon, my soldiers will level this city within the day if you don't. I just simple say the word and your city will be mine."
"That's a high bargain just for two dragons." Flame stated.
"These dragons are traitors and belong in my custody. I will have them one way, or another."
"Well you see your 'majesty'; Warfang has some rules of its own we must follow." Gravel stated. "If any dragon finds their way to Warfang and asks for assistance we give it to them without a second thought."
"Is losing your city worth it though? All for two dragons that mean nothing to you?"
"Especially those dragons!" Gravel suddenly roared.
Everyone around him was shocked by his sudden anger, but Boulder quickly moved past it and said "then how about I raise the prizes for you then? If you hand them to me now, I will spare your city, and I will return your son to you."
Gravel scoffed at his attempt to get what he wanted. No matter how much he wanted Stone to come back to him he knew that things with him would only get worse if her were forced to come back.
"That is quite an offer you make." Gravel told him. "But I am afraid we are going to have to decline. Every dragon living in Warfang is worth defending, no matter where they are from."
Boulder looked at his son in surprise, he really thought the bribe would work. Seeing that Gravel was not about to change his mind Boulder turned towards the field.
"I wonder how the citizens will treat you when we send you to the afterlife!" Boulder exclaimed before flying back to his troops.
---
#244 Posted: 20:38:15 06/10/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI Final pt. 2

Once the Earth King was gone Flame turned to Gravel and said "that was brave of you Gravel, but are you positive we shouldn't have…"
"My father has been given everything his entire life, and hasn't worked for anything. When they fail to take Warfang the citizens of Volos will realize the wrong way their king is leading them." Gravel told him.
"I sure hope you are right." Spyro said before looking back at the army in front of them.
"What in the ancestors name is going on?!" someone behind them asked.
They all looked and saw Murghus approaching them. "The Earth Kingdom has attacked us." Flame answered.
"What?!" Murghus gasped as he looked over the wall. "Why so suddenly?"
"Long story that we will tell everyone later." Gravel told him.
Murghus nodded and asked "what about Glacia? I haven't seen here in a while."
"She is at my house, helping my mother with my mate, she is laying our egg as we speak." Spyro answered.
"Oh, good." Murghus stated with a sigh of relief. "What's the plan?"
"Murghus, I would like you to go to my home and protect my mate and Glacia for me? They are both in no condition to defend themselves." Spyro asked him.
"Oh, right, I understand." Murghus replied. "I will protect them with my life!" he added before turning around and flying back into the city.
With one less thing to worry about Spyro turned back and saw the army marching towards them. He turned his head and saw the moles had readied the cannons and were taking aim. The front three cannons fired, but were stopped when the earth dragon at front combined their powers and created a protective wall of stone that stopped the shots from hitting them. They kept the wall up and moved it forwards as they continued marching to the city.
The moles continued firing the cannons in an attempt to halt their advance, but no good came of the shots. The wall was too thick for any shot to leave more than a dent on it. Gravel saw this and frantically thought of what to do. He could see no weaknesses or opening in the wall, it protected all of the troops from any direction.
Before another shot could be taken the mighty wall of stone reached the gates and halted. Gravel hoped the gate could stand strong until he could come up with a plan, but to his horror the stone wall shot towards the gate, causing it to crumble. The dragons on top of the wall grabbed as many moles as they could and flew away, watching their wall being destroyed by a single strike. Dust flew everywhere as the two walls fell to the ground, crushing everything in their path.
Once the dust had settled the dragons of Warfang stared in shock at the gaping hole that was where their mighty wall once stood. They didn't have much time to react before the earth dragons began rushing into the city, meeting the last remaining soldiers of Warfang that were stationed at the gate and taking them down instantly. Gravel swiftly roared, ordering the rest of their troops to engage the earth dragons.
The soldiers of Warfang obeyed his command and charged the enemy, creating a giant and bloody battle. Each dragon fighting for Warfang had been given a special suit of armor to help determine which earth dragons were on their side. Fighting with them were the soldiers of Pyry, ready to get revenge for what the earth dragons had done to their city. Some Avalarians were also in the fight, along with several brave moles.
Spyro and the two Guardians joined the fight right in the middle and took down any enemy Earth Dragon they ran into, as well as helping any allied dragon in need of assistance. One by one the Earth Dragon forces were being taken down, but no matter how many they killed it only seemed that more would take their place. Spyro did his best to try to seal off the gap in the wall with any of his elements, but each were quickly taken down by another wall of stone. Seeing as there was no way to currently stop the flow he gave up and continued fighting.
Gravel had taken down another soldier right before he spotted his father in the mix, taking on several dragons at once. He watched in horror as Boulder struck down all of the dragons that attacked him. Wasting no time Gravel charged towards him and attempted to get him by surprise, but was surprised himself when Boulder smacked him out of the air with his tail, causing Gravel to smash into two dragons that were fighting.
Boulder approached his son and said "it's such a shame things have to be this way my son. I am only doing what is best for our kind!"
Gravel got up and glared at his father. "I do not care for one element, but all! We are all equal and should be treated as such!" he exclaimed.
"That sounds just like how your mother used to talk." Boulder stated. "If only she hadn't of sent your egg away she might still be with us today."
"My mother was right to stand up to you then! You are nothing but a monster!"
Boulder only chuckled and readied himself to fight his own son. Gravel did the same and began circling with his father, waiting to see what he was going to do. Gravel did not have to wait long, for Boulder lunged forward with his jaws open, aiming for his son's neck. Gravel sidestepped away and tried to claw Boulder, but got the same result. This continued for several of minutes before Gravel was tackled by another Earth Dragon and brought to the ground. Before the dragon could do anything more though he roared and fell over with his back completely scorched.
Gravel got up and saw that it was Spyro that had saved him. After giving him a nod for a thank you, he turned back to his father, whom stood waiting for him. This time Gravel was the one to initiate the attack and managed to get a hold of Boulder and got several good strikes on his head before being knocked off. Again, Gravel went to attack, but this time Boulder began to back away and was being protected by two Earth Dragons.
"You coward! If you are so tough fight like a real dragon!" Gravel shouted.
"There will be a time for me to fight, but it is not here." Boulder stated before disappearing into the ranks.
---
#245 Posted: 20:38:34 06/10/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI final pt. 3

Gravel growled before returning his attention to the enemies around him and continued fighting. Boulder continued making his way through his army towards the middle, where he was safe. He looked around and saw that over a third of his troops have already gone into the city, and they still had not gotten past the courtyard. He looked around him and realized what must be done. He opened his jaws and released a loud roar, which told his soldiers to fall back.
It took a while for the message to reach the front of the group, but when it did every dragon from Volos began to retreat away from the city. Gravel noticed this and ceased his fighting, letting the survivors flee. He knew there had been enough bloodshed, no more was needed this day. When the last of them had escaped the soldiers of Warfang began to cheer for their victory, but only for a second as they had plenty of wounded dragons to tend to.
General Aden approached Gravel and asked "sir, there are still some wounded enemy Earth dragons here, what do you wish for us to do with them?"
Gravel looked around and saw the many earth dragons still moving on the ground, holding the part of their body that had gotten injured with their paws. He could see the pain and fear in their eyes, he knew these dragons did not deserve to die. Only one of them did.
"Take them in and treat their wounds as best as we can. They have fought valiantly and deserve our respect." Gravel answered.
"Very well sir." Aden replied with a bow before walking off.
Gravel approached Flame, thankful he had made it out in one piece, and said "I guess it was worth it."
Flame only looked at his friend and nodded. The two Guardians looked around the area and examined all that had happened just several minutes ago. Spyro joined them for a minute before realizing that his mate was laying their egg. He flapped his wings and returned to his home and busted in the doorway, causing Murghus to jump into a defensive stance.
"Oh, Spyro, it's you. Forgive me, I thought you were an Earth Dragon." Murghus quickly told him.
"It's quite alright my friend." Spyro replied. "The battle is over and we are victorious. How is my mate doing?"
"I have been out here the entire time, I am not sure." Murghus answered.
Spyro nodded and said "thank you very much Murghus."
"Anything to help you Spyro, after all you helped me defeat the Ice Golem."
Spyro chuckled a bit before walking towards his room and cautiously opened the door. He peeked his head in and saw Cynder fast asleep on their bed with a bundle sitting next to her. Standing by her was his mother and Glacia, who were keeping a close eye on here.
"How is she?" Spyro asked upon walking in.
Icis looked up at him and said "just fine, it was another successful birth. Your egg is in perfect condition."
The purple dragon smiled as he walked up and saw their egg inside the bundle of towels. He looked closely at it and saw that it was a dark blue this time, which confused him a bit because none of their family members had that color.
"There is something odd about it though." Glacia stated. "It has an interesting symbol on one side of it."
Interested in what she meant, Spyro carefully turned the egg around and saw a golden crescent on the other side.
"What does it mean?" Spyro asked.
"We do not know, I have never seen a symbol like that on an egg before." Glacia answered.
"I see, when she's all better we will figure out what it means." Spyro stated. "Thank you both for helping her, it is very much appreciated."
"You are welcome my son." Icis replied.
"Anything for my friend." Glacia said.
Spyro nodded to both and said "go rest up now, it is going to be a long day tomorrow."
"Right, take care Spyro." Glacia stated before walking out to her mate.
"Just come and get me if you need me son." Icis told him before nuzzling his cheek. "Congratulations."
"Thanks mom." Spyro replied.
Once Icis was gone Spyro climbed onto the bed and laid down next to Cynder and gently wrapped his body around her, looking at his egg with joy one more time before laying his head down and falling asleep as well.

Demetrius looked across the field below his castle from his balcony as hundreds of apes were being measured for their armor. With the supply of black crystal armor that Leonidus supplied Demetrius could feel that they had a chance to win this war once and for all, all they needed was his father back. He knew he almost had enough dragons to do the spell, but he also knew that three of them were still eggs and that it will take years before they were strong enough to use that kind of power.
With nothing else to do, Demetrius decided to wait until his children were strong and old enough to fight, and instead of doing what he did with Cynder he would raise them properly to avoid any setbacks. Until that time came, he had Phoenus and Dante to train.
The mighty black dragon walked back into his castle and found Leonidus watching Phoenus train his shadow element. He sat down next to his old pupil and watched as well. Several moments of silence passed between the two before Leonidus finally spoke up.
"I still do not understand why Zoidius would betray me like he did." He said.
"It is odd indeed, but if Phoenus is correct then the dragoness that was leading the group was pregnant with his egg." Demetrius replied. "You'd be surprised what a dragon with a weak heart like his would do for their mate."
"Zoidius was not weak hearted at all!" Leonidus snapped at him. "He was strong and committed to what he did! He had the guts to risk his own life for the one he loved!"
Demetrius glared at his former apprentice until he stood down and looked back to Phoenus.
"Forgive me master, I just…"
"There is nothing to forgive. Zoidius was like a son to you, I know how his loss is affecting you." Demetrius interrupted.
Leonidus bowed his head and nodded. "Besides Rachelle, he was all I had, even if he wasn't my child."
Demetrius looked at Leonidus for a minute then said "I will be having two sons within a month, and I will name one of them after him."
Leonidus looked at his master in shock. "You, you will?"
Demetrius nodded and added "and you will help me raise him, as I have never raised a child before."
"Certainly master." Leonidus said, bowing his head a little bit.
Demetrius returned the bow and looked back to Phoenus trying to conjure a black flame with the help of Dante. He smiled as he thought of all of the things he will do when his father was free, starting with the revenge he had always been seeking
---
#246 Posted: 03:40:50 07/10/2011 | Topic Creator
This is the end of part two of my trilogy. Part three will take a while because I am in college now, but to any of my readers that are still reading this, wait patiently for the begining of the end in: "The Legend of Spyro: Price of Darkness"
---
#247 Posted: 21:06:35 07/10/2011
Awesome!
#248 Posted: 18:42:57 08/10/2011 | Topic Creator
smilie also be sure to check out the video series of my first story on youtube coming soon.
---
#249 Posted: 13:18:12 09/10/2011
Youtube account?
#250 Posted: 16:00:42 09/10/2011 | Topic Creator
same as this one, begorle01
---
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me