Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Rise of the Imprisoned [CLOSED]
begorle01 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1493
#51 Posted: 06:53:21 23/01/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 12 pt. 2

The next day Phoenus was given the day off from training so he could regain his strength for the next session. He decided to find Granite and Dash to have some fun. He found Granite in her usual spot in the dragon garden, admiring the flowers she and her mother helped take care of. As Phoenus approached she turned her head to him and said "hello Phoenus, where were you yesterday?"
"My training session wore me out, so my dad told me to rest. I'm sorry." He replied as he stopped and sat next to her.
"It's alright, I was quite busy as well."
"Stone still denying about the whole incident?"
Granite nodded sadly as she looked back down to her flowers. "I don't know what's wrong with him, he thinks he's so special and doesn't care about other dragons that are 'lower' than he is, me included."
"Well, that's his loss. And I don't care what he thinks, I think you are the greatest dragoness around!" Phoenus said.
Granite blushed on the spot, Phoenus noticed and raised his eyebrow in confusion. Granite just turned her head and smiled out of his view. "Thank you Phoenus, I think you're great as well."
"Yeah, I'll already know that." He said with his cocky grin.
"Watch it hot head!" Granite said as she pushed him over. He landed on his side with a loud thud. Before he could get up Granite got really close to his face and smiled. Phoenus' eyes snapped open as she got closer and he tried to get farther until she poked him with her paw and said "you're it!" and started running off.
"Hey! No fair!" Phoenus said as he got up and followed her, being careful not to ruin any of the beautiful plants in the garden.
Dash was watching the entire scene from above in silence. When Phoenus chased her he laughed and said "better, hurry, your girlfriend is getting away!"
Phoenus looked up at Dash and growled. "She's not my girlfriend!"
"Not from what I just saw. You were so flirting with her!" Dash joked.
"Shut up! I can scorch you now you know!"
"Yeah, but you still can't fly!" Dash said as he flew past his reach. "What now, earth boy?" he mocked.
Without thinking Phoenus leapt up and began flapping his wings. Granite had turned aroundjust in time to see Phoenus fly up and catch the shocked dragonfly and come back down with him in his paws. She walked back to him and said "Phoenus… that was amazing! You just flew!"
"I did?" he asked. After she nodded he turned to his dragonfly cousin and said "who were you calling earth boy?"
Dash just groaned and fell on his back in defeat, causing both of the dragons to laugh. "That's so cool that you can fly! I still can't though." Granite said to Phoenus after getting Dash out of the road.
"I really don't know how it happened, I just did it. I think you just need some inspiration." Phoenus replied as they both sat down.
"What could possibly motivate me to fly?"
"I don't know, maybe I'll help you tomorrow if I can think of something."
"You, help me? Please, I would be better off asking Dash here for help!"
"Hey!" Phoenus snapped as she burst into laughter.
He lunged at her and continued to wrestle each other on the spot. Phoenus was just about to win when Granite turned him over and pinned him. "Same old Phoenus, when will you ever learn you will never beat me?"
Phoenus just growled and pushed her off. "Someday I will be stronger than you Granite, I swear it!" he said as he took his seat again.
"Keep dreaming hot head." She said as she sat up again as well.
They sat there for several minutes as they regained their breath. Granite couldn't help but look at him every now and then and smile, but turned away whenever he looked over to her.
---
A fanfic writer from DA who loves Spyro!
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#52 Posted: 14:42:01 23/01/2011
Continue, this is great.
darkspyro291 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1738
#53 Posted: 16:24:28 23/01/2011
^ yeah
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#54 Posted: 20:59:31 23/01/2011
Awesome chapters.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
#55 Posted: 22:09:59 23/01/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 13

The Light Element

Stone snuck out to the forest and wandered through it until he felt the presence of another dragon around. He turned his head just in time to see Boulder rise out of the earth. "Welcome Stone, are you prepared to begin training?"
"Yes, grandpa." Stone replied.
"Excellent, show me how powerful you are first." Stone summoned a giant boulder out of the ground and shot it at Boulder. When the dust settled Stone could see his grandfather still standing without pain. "Is that really the best you can do?" he asked.
Stone growled and quickly summoned an even bigger rock and shot it again, this time causing Boulder to grunt in pain. "Is that good enough?" Stone asked weakly.
"It was powerful, but you are already worn out from those two attacks. In a fight you would need more than that to defeat your opponent. Earth dragons fight defensively, protecting themselves while wearing the opponent out at the same time." Boulder lectured.
"But I am no coward!" Stone snapped"
"Protecting yourself is not cowardly, it is smart. If you want to win the fight you must be the strongest out there. It takes very little energy to protect yourself but much more to strike your opponents. Show me an earth wall."
Stone obeyed and out of the earth beneath him a wall of rock shot up and shielded Stone from Boulder. "You're right, that didn't take much at all!" Stone said in amazement.
"Good, but this wall doesn't seem like it could hold out for much, but that is why we are doing this, to make you stronger." Boulder said as he examined Stone's wall.
"Then let's get going already!" Stone snapped.
Out of nowhere Boulder broke his arm through and grabbed Stone and threw him into a tree, splitting it in half. "Never snap at me like that! If you want to become stronger you will have to do as I say and be patient! I can't make you stronger from one session, it will take a long time to prepare you for what we plan to do."
Stone slowly got up and asked "and… what would that be?"
"To take Warfang!"

Spyro and Phoenus went to their usual spot in the forest the next day but with something different planned. "Phoenus, today we begin training your light element." Spyro said as he sat in his watching area.
"My light element?" Phoenus asked with a confused look on his face.
"We believe that the spasm you had two days ago was caused by a disturbance in your body. What grandpa Toxic and grandma Electrica told me was that there is an ongoing battle inside of you between two elements, light and darkness."
"So I have the power of light and darkness?!"
"Yes, but light and darkness do not mix with each other so they are in a way trying to fight the other one out., which caused that spasm you had. So, in order to prevent more spasms we are going to train your light element to become stronger than the darkness, are you ready?"
Phoenus took a deep breath and said "yes father, I am."
"Good, now the light element is a tricky one to master but comes with many advantages. One advantage is that it can help any of your friends at any time like healing them or strengthening them. It is also good because it can never be used on those that do not deserve it. To master it though your intentions have to be pure. You can't use it just because someone has angered you, but if justice is required. Now, I want you to clear your mind and think of the things that bring you joy in life.
Phoenus nodded and closed his eyes. He cleared his mind of all thoughts and slowly brought the images of the ones he loved into them, starting with his mom and dad, Blazelight, Dash, and Granite. He smiled at the thought of all of those that loved him and began to glow with a white light. When he opened his eyes he could see he dad smiling down upon him. He looked around and began to see the good things in the life around him, from the flowers to the smallest insect. "This is beautiful!" he gasped.
"It is isn't it? You are currently using the light vision, the most basic move. It allows you to see every speck of life around you and the energy it contains. What do you see when you look at me?" Spyro asked.
Phoenus turned back to his father and said "you are full of energy, it expands beyond my view!"
"Just as I thought. Very good Phoenus, now take off the sight and lets continue."
Phoenus canceled off the sight but was immediately hit by another spasm. "AH! DAD… HELP ME!" he screamed.
Spyro ran to him and quickly gave Phoenus some of his light power to dispel the darkness. When Phoenus had calmed down Spyro said "if it does that every time after you use a light power then it will be very difficult to remove it. Maybe we should stop using the light power."
"But… I want to end it! I want… to remove the darkness, the light… is too beautiful to not use!" Phoenus said weakly.
"I can only continue if you really want to, I will not have you do something you don't want to do, Phoenus."
The young red dragon thought about it then said "I have to keep doing it, otherwise it won't stop."
Spyro nodded and said "we will do this every day until you have your spasm, then we will call it a day. In the beginning we wont get much done but as you get stronger you can do more before the spasm."
"Alright, sounds like a plan." Phoenus said with a smile.
Spyro smiled with tears of joy. "I'm so proud of you son, don't ever forget that!" he said as he hugged him.
"I won't dad." Phoenus said. "I promise."
---
#56 Posted: 14:38:02 24/01/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 14

Act of Kindness

Spyro brought Phoenus back to the city and let him run off to play with his friends. When he walked back home Cynder was waiting for him outside the door "Spyro, Terrador came by earlier." She said to him.
"What did he want?" he asked.
"He wanted to see you, but since you weren't here he said to meet him and the other guardians at the council chamber when you came back."
"Alright, you better come too, it's been awhile since the elders have called a meeting with the guardians." Spyro said as he and Cynder flew off to the council chamber.
Phoenus found Granite pinning down little Dash to the ground. "What has he managed to do this time?" Phoenus asked upon arriving.
"I caught him stealing from the market!" Granite told him.
"Why do you always assume that when a dragon shouts 'thief!' it's always me?" Dash asked.
"Because I saw you flying with the piece of fruit you little thief!" Granite shouted at him.
"Phoenus buddy, help a cousin out here, will ya?"
"Alrigh Granite I think he had enough, let him go." Phoenus said.
Granite sighed and let the dragonfly go. "Thanks dude, if she wasn't in love with you I would have never gotten out!"
Granite growled and jumped at Dash but he was already on the move through the streets laughing. Granite and Phoenus both took chase after the pest until Granite scratched her leg on a broken metal pole. She fell to the ground quickly and clutched the cut. "Granite you okay?!" Phoenus asked.
"Ugh, it's deep, it hurts so bad!" she said. "I need to get to Ember, this isn't going to heal easily."
As she tried to get up Phoenus said "wait, I think I can fix it!"
Dash had came back and heard what he said. "Awe, are you gonna kiss it to make it feel better."
Phoenus roared and shot fire at Dash but he was already gone. "Let me try something." He said as Granite sat back down.
She was a little bit afraid but trusted him enough to allow him to do whatever he wanted to do. Phoenus cleared his mind of all thoughts and let the light take him over. Without any control of what he was doing he breathed upon her arm as a white mist came out. Granite washed in astonishment as her cut slowly began to grow smaller until there was nothing left. When he had fished she examined her arm and said "that was amazing, how did you..." Phoenus fell to the ground unconscious. She quickly checked to see if he was alright. "that must have drained all of your energy, I better take you home." She said as she lifted him onto her back and carried him towards his house.
She managed to get him into the house but her legs gave out after getting through the door. "You are one heavy dragon!" she said to his unconscious body. She continued to drag him to his room and placed him on his bed. She began to walk out but turned back and went up to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you Phoenus." She whispered to him and then left.

Spyro and Cynder landed on the steps to the council chambers and walked in to see all of the other guardians already in there with the other four elder dragons. "Welcome Spyro, we have something important to discuss." Terrador said to the new arrivals.
"What is it?" Spyro asked.
"Since this war has come to an end we elders have decided that it is time to honor those that have fallen in that time." Infernes told them.
"We were just finishing the plans to a giant memorial building." Flame told them.
"Really, can we see?" Cynder asked.
"Certainly." Flame said as they approached and examined it.
"It will take some time to build but in the end it will be worthwhile." Glacia told them.
"Where shall it be built?" Spyro asked.
"We were thinking in north Warfang, there is still a large area that has yet been rebuilt from the Golem. It's the perfect size for the memorial." Cyril answered.
"It will include all of those that have died by both Malefor and Demetrius' paws, including your parents, Cynder." Infernes told her.
"That would be wonderful! When will it begin?" Cynder asked.
"Immediately. I will be leading it the entire time. I am an expert when it comes to building stuff and the moles are excellent builders as well." Gravel said to them.
"We would be happy to help in any way possible as well." Spyro said.
"Thank you, it will be needed."
"So it is settled then, Gravel, assemble your team of moles and begin immediately!" Terrador ordered.
Gravel stood up and bowed before leaving. The rest of the guardians were dismissed along with Spyro and Cynder. Everyone did their best to assist Gravel and his team of moles that he assembled to create the best memorial building ever.
Statica went home that day though, she said her stomach wasn't feeling good. Upon arriving home, Glacier asked "honey, what's wrong?"
Before she had time to reply she ran back outside and threw up. Statica recognized the taste, it was no ordinary sickness. When Glacier came out to check on her she said "I'm pregnant again."
---
#57 Posted: 22:56:13 24/01/2011
Nice chapter, continue.
#58 Posted: 21:47:13 25/01/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 15

The Memorial Building

Three years later...

A crowd gathered in North Warfang after the guardians announced a city meeting there. In front of the crowd stood a giant building that could fit thousands of dragons at once and in front of that the guardians, elders and heroes stood. Flame walked towards the crowd and spread his wings out to silence the crowd. When everyone was silent Flame said "welcome fellow citizens, to the opening of the war memorial!" With that the crowd began to cheer. "This building will be a memorial to those brave souls that had lost their lives in the war against Malefor, and hopefully will remind everyone the reason they died. They died for your freedom and for the safety of this world! Let us thank them, by honoring their brave sacrifice. Let the festivities begin!"
The crowd burst into more applause as dragons walked up the stairs in big number to get in. Sparx was flying at the door counting everyone that went in. When they reached the limit Sparx flew in front of the next dragon in line and said "sorry, but we're full right now."
The dragon understood as he waited patiently for other dragons to leave. Inside of the memorial building Phoenus walked through the crowd of dragons in search for Granite. He spotted her next to Blazelight, talking with her. She noticed him and smiled. He smiled back as he walked over to them. "Hey ladies, how's it going?" he asked.
"I'm doing fine." Blazelight answered.
"I feel great, and you?" Granite asked.
"Doing fine as well, I just can't stand big crowds like this." He replied.
"I do, because I get to watch Dash attempting to avoid getting smashed by every dragon in the room." Granite said as they all turned to see their dragonfly friend flying towards them, avoiding each dragon.
"Man, they're going to have to make one more statue in memory of me in this place, I'm gonna get killed in here!" he said to them as he caught his breath.
"Who would want to remember you?" Granite asked, getting a laugh from her fellow dragons.
"Yeah you laugh now but you would eventually miss me if I died!"
"Of course we would Dash, because we'd have no one to mess around with." Phoenus said, getting even more laughter.
"Yeah, be mature in front of your girlfriend dude." Dash said to him.
Granite slightly blushed but snapped at Dash. "He's not my boyfriend!" she shouted at him.
Dash just flew away in laughter. Phoenus chuckled a bit and said "nothing really changes with him does it?"
"Not really." Blazelight answered. She looked to her left and saw her mom waving at her. "My mom wants me, see you later!" she said before walking away.
"See you later Blazelight!" Granite shouted after her.
Granite and Phoenus were now alone together with none of their friends around with an awkward silence between them. "So... you want to leave this building? It is a bit crowded in here." Phoenus asked.
"Sure thing Phoenus." Granite said as they began weaving their way through the crowd. The guardians were all in one area with their mates in a conversation when Statica felt something on her tail. She looked back and saw a young yellow dragon chewing on her tail blade. "Well hello little guy!" she said as she brought her tail up to her face. "And how are you doing little Thunor?" Thunor just smiled as he continued to chew on her tail. Statica picked him up and led him and Glacier to a statue. "This is the dragon you were named after, your uncle Thunor." She said to him.
Thunor looked up in awe at the statue. "So this was your brother?" Glacier asked.
"Yes, to the best of my memory at least. When he died I couldn't stop thinking about him, but now, so many years later, his face is starting to fade." She said.
"But now you have our son to remind you." Glacier said.
"Yes, but I still wish he wasn't our only one." Statica said in sadness.
"I know, I miss Eirlys as well, but we have to move on and make sure we can give Thunor the best life we can." Glacier said.
Statica nodded and said "now I know why I chose you."
They both smiled and gave each other a kiss but laughed when Thunor said "Ew!"
Phoenus and Granite were walking through the city together in silence. Granite was fighting with herself on the inside and Phoenus could sense it. "Granite, are you okay?" he asked her.
"Yeah, I'm fine, just thinking." She replied.
"Of what?"
She giggled and said "haven't you learned by now it isn't polite to ask what a girl is thinking?"
"Oh, sorry." He said as they continued walking.
Several minute passed by in silence until Granite asked "so, how's your light element training going?"
"Huh? Oh, it's going good. I really like it, it's a cool element." He answered.
"Good, and no more, you know?"
"So far it's been almost been a year without one of my spasms, so I believe it's gone." He answered.
"That's a relief, I can't imagine the pain you go through in those."
"It's unbearable, but as long as I keep my mind on the things important in life, like my parents and friends."
"Well, glad I can help in some way." Granite said.
"Who said you were one of them?" Phoeus asked. Granite gasped and punched him in the arm. "Hey, I was just kidding! You are my closest friend."
Granite blushed a little and said "and you are the closest I have."
They arrived at Granites house with the sun giving its last speck of light. "Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow." Phoenus said.
"Yeah, be here to walk with me to school, okay?" she said.
"Of course, I always am."
"Thank you." She said.
She looked at the ground sheepishly for a minute but looked up at him and drew him into a hug, catching Phoenus a little off guard but he hugged back. In their embrace Granite couldn't help but smile a bit. After releasing from each other Granite walked up to the door and said "good night Phoenus."
"Good night Granite." He said as she closed the door.
As he walked away he was unaware of Granite running to the closest window and watching him away. As he got farther away she gave off a little sigh with dreamy eyes. "So you still haven't said anything yet?!" came a voice from behind.
Granite jumped around and saw that it was Blazelight. "Blazelight? What are you doing here?!" she asked.
"We had a sleepover planned if you don't remember." She said.
"Oh yeah, sorry but..."
"I know, Phoenus was in sight." Blazelight said causing Granite to blush. "So when are you going to tell him?"
"I wanted to today, but I just got too nervous." Granite replied as they walked to her room.
"Nervous? Really? That's the excuse you use?"
"What?! You don't know what it's like to be around him with his muscular body and his, dreamy eyes..." Granite said as her mind wandered off and thought about Phoenus.
"Granite... Granite!" Blazelight shouted.
Granite snapped out of it and said "sorry. Give me a bit more time, I want to try and get a bit closer to him first."
"Alright, but you better tell him soon!"
"I will, I promise."

Back at the memorial Cynder was looking at a statue of her two parents, Toxic and Electrica. The statues were pretty accurate because the year before that Spyro brought them back again and the Moles were able to quickly carve it. Spyro walked up to her and said "now you can see them whenever you want to!"
She smiled and said "thank you, Spyro, for everything."
"Of course Cynder, I love you too much not to have done anything." He said as they shared a kiss.
After they broke away she said "I'm just relieved you aren't one of these statues."
"So am I my love. So am I."
---
#59 Posted: 01:33:35 26/01/2011
Very good.
---
#60 Posted: 19:43:12 26/01/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 16 pt. 1

The First Fight

The next morning Granite woke up early to make sure she was ready for when Phoenus came by to pick them up. Blazelight wasn't as quick but was up just in time to see Phoenus land outside the door. "Ready?" he asked.
Granite nodded as she walked down the steps to him. "Let's go, don't want to miss school."
Phoenus looked back at her confusedly, then they both shared a laugh. Blazelight was watching from the door and couldn't help but smile at the sight of them. When she walked down they took flight to the school to begin their day of training.
After they had left Stone walked out of the house but went the other way, towards the wall. He snuck over it and flew to the forest and found the spot he wanted and waited there. After waiting several minutes a dragoness made her way through the bushes to his location. She spotted him and said "hey hot stuff!"
"Hey Tallen, what took you so long?" Stone asked.
"My parents took awhile to leave, but we're here now." She said as she reached him and instantly drew him into a kiss.
They began to kiss each other very passionately and fast at the same time. Stone led her body to the ground as he stood over her still kissing her. Stone was about to lower himself when he felt the presence of someone near. He lifted his head up to look around while Tallen continued kissing his neck. After he didn't find anything he went back to kissing Tallen until he heard something snap in front of him. He looked up again and saw a giant green dragon standing over them. "Grandpa!" he shouted.
He and Tallen quickly got up and backed away from the green dragon. "That's your grandfather?!" she asked in shock and embarrassment.
"I am, and you must be his mate Tallen. He was right, you do look good." Boulder answered.
She gave a slight blush as Stone walked up to him and asked "what do you want now grandpa? We're kind of busy!"
"Sorry to interrupt but I have something I need you to do. Do you know of Spyro and Cynder's son?"
"Of course, that weakling named Phoenus. Why?" Boulder was going to reply but then remembered that Tallen was still there. He nodded at her for Stone. "Don't worry grandpa, she can be trusted."
"In that case, Phoenus is not as weak as you assume, he has more power than any of us earth dragons."
"How is that possible? You told me earth dragons are the most powerful!"
"It's because he has rare elements, light and darkness. What I need you to do is to somehow get him to leave Warfang crushed and hated. I need him for something important and he needs to want to find help for his problems that he has been having."
"And how do I do that?" Stone asked.
"You need to make him so angry that his darkness powers awaken and take control. Use the lessons I have taught you to beat him." Boulder answered.
"It shall be done." Stone said.
Boulder nodded and walked away, leaving Stone alone with Tallen again. "What was that all about?" she asked.
"The earth kingdom wants to take over the world and my grandfather wants me to help them. If you don't want any part of this I understand but just don't tell anyone." Stone told her.
"Are you kidding? Of course I want to be a part of this!" Tallen replied.
Stone smiled. "I knew you would. Now, we should get to school to begin hurting Phoenus." He said as he began to walk away.
Tallen looked at him. "Weren't we going to, you know?"
Stone felt a jolt as he remembered the main reason he was there. "Oh yeah! I almost forgot!" he said as he walked back to her.
---
#61 Posted: 19:43:30 26/01/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 16 pt. 2

Phoenus was in his dragon history class trying to avoid sleep from Volteer's long lectures about some dragon and his specialty. Granite was on the other side of the room, unable to take her eyes off of Phoenus and quietly giggled every time his head nodded.
"… and the best thing about this dragon was…" Volteer was saying but was interrupted by the bell. "Oh dear, looks like I'll have to continue educating you tomorrow. You'll get to hear about…" Volteer began but Phoenus quickly ran out with the rest of the class to avoid any more lectures.
That bell had signaled the beginning of their lunch break. He found Granite and Blazelight and walked to their usual spot, the gardens. There they ate the fresh fruit off of the trees and sat in a little circle and talked. "Man, Volteer's speeches get longer and more boring every day!" Phoenus said.
"Yeah, but it's 'important for us'." Granite said sarcastically as everyone gave a laugh.
When the three of them stopped laughing they heard someone else still laughing. They all looked at each other and saw that neither of them was laughing. Phoenus looked past Granite and saw Stone with his girlfriend, Tallen, standing at the gate laughing. "Look at those three, the most pathetic dragons you have ever seen huh?" Stone asked.
Tallen nodded in agreement as they laughed at them again. The three stood up and approached them. "What do you want Stone?!" Granite asked with a growl.
"Just thought I'd get some laughter from see the three of you wimps together. Man you all look ridiculous!"
Granite growled even more but Phoenus stepped up and said "leave us alone Stone, we want to eat in peace."
Stone began to laugh some more. "Look at that, your boyfriend is more of a wimp then you are!"
"Just go away!" Granite shouted at him.
"That's so scary, coming from a dragon that can't fly!" Stone shouted back.
That was the final straw. In an instant Phoenus lunged at Stone with a comet dash. Stone shot up a wall of stone to stop him but Phoenus just broke through it and tackled him to the ground. They began to scratch at each other with several attempts to bite the other. Stone kicked Phoenus off of him and created another wall and shot it at him, pushing him to the wall on the other side breaking every plant in its way. Granite watched in horror as the plants that she helped plant over the years were destroyed in seconds. When Phoenus hit the wall the block that was pushing him broke into tiny pieces, leaving Phoenus on the ground in pain. "Phoenus!" Granite and Blazelight yelled as they ran to him.
Stone gave a quick smirk and walked away with Tallen. The two girls got to Phoenus' side and quickly examined him. "Phoenus, are you alright?" Granite asked.
He gave a little cough and said weakly "yeah, it didn't hurt."
"Well that's not what your body is telling us. By the looks of it your leg is broken." Blazelight said. "We need to get you to my mother!"
Phoenus nodded as he let Granite lift him onto her back and carried him to see Ember. Upon entering the door Ember saw them and said "oh hello Blazelight. Shouldn't you be in school?"
"We were, but something happened to Phoenus!" she answered.
Ember looked at Phoenus to see him all dirty with multiple cuts. "What happened to you?!" she asked as she lifted him off of Granites back.
"He got in a fight with Stone and was smashed by one of his earth walls." Granite told her.
"Oh dear, that's awful!" Ember said as she took him to the back room and gently placed him on a table to get a better examination. "Well, your back left leg is broken in three different places with your front left one in two different places. I would guess you used these two legs to try to stop the impact."
Phoenus nodded weakly and said "I couldn't use my earth powers in time to stop it."
"Well, thankfully they shouldn't be too hard to fix. Granite, I want you to go and get Spyro and Cynder, they need to see what happened." Ember said.
Granite nodded and turned to leave but the door flew open and in walked Spyro and Cynder. "Spyro sensed something was wrong with Phoenus and came here immediately!" Cynder said as they walked in.
They both walked up to Phoenus' side and gasped. "What happened to you son?" Spyro asked.
"I… got in a fight with Stone… and he smashed me into a wall." He answered, trying to hide the pain.
"Oh my baby!" Cynder said as she cried over him.
"I'm fine mom, really." He said as he tried to lift his head.
"Oh no you're not! Not until after I heal you!" Ember told him. "I'm sorry, but I need you to wait in the other room, now is the best time to heal him."
Spyro nodded and lead his crying mate with Eira and Blazelight right behind. Messick walked in with green and red crystals to help them. "Everything is ready, are you Phoenus?" he asked.
Phoenus gave a little nod as Embers paw began to glow. "I'm going to knock you out to avoid any pain on your part, I will awaken you when we are done." She said as she placed her glowing paw on his head, slowly putting him to sleep.
When he was finally asleep she and Messick began the operation. Everybody was waiting impatiently in the waiting room with Granite right next to the door, praying that everything will be fine.
---
#62 Posted: 20:13:30 26/01/2011
Continue, this is great.
#63 Posted: 02:39:04 27/01/2011
yeah!
#64 Posted: 14:52:23 27/01/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 17

Dealing with the Issue

Phoenus slowly began to regain consciousness and all he could see was a bright light over him. He blinked his eyes repeatedly to help them focus. When he could see better he lifted his head and looked around to see Ember and Messick sitting close by. "Phoenus, how do you feel?" Ember asked.
All Phoenus could do was moan, signaling he was really sore. "Just as I thought, he's still recovering from being knocked out." Messick said.
"Well Phoenus, if you can remember the surgery was a great success, we were able to fix your legs better than they were before." Ember told him.
Phoenus instantly remembered what had happened, from Stone making fun of Granite to breaking his legs. He gave a slight growl to the mere thought of Stone. Messick brought him out of his thoughts by saying "you have several dragons waiting to see if you are alright, would you like them to come in?"
Phoenus nodded his head and Messick went to the door, allowing more light into the room, hurting Phoenus' eyes a bit. Ember released her powers on the light above Phoenus and opened the windows as the group walked in. Cynder was the first to reach him. "Phoenus! Are you alright?" she asked.
"Y… yes mom, I'm fine." He managed to say.
She smiled and nuzzled him a bit. Phoenus smiled and returned it. Spyro walked up and said "way to be strong son."
"Thanks dad." Phoenus replied.
"So tell me how this happened." Cynder said.
"He was fighting Stone because he was making fun of me." Granite said as she walked up.
Spyro, Cynder and Phoenus looked at her. "Stone did this?!" Spyro asked.
Granite nodded as she continued telling the story to the adults. "So, Phoenus broke his legs to defend me." She finished.
"I never knew Stone was like that!" Ember said in shock.
"He's also the one that told Eirlys to go to the forest three years ago." Blazelight added.
"That's awful! Have you told your parents?" Cynder asked.
"Yes, but they wont believe us. He has been denying it the entire time and they believed him!" Granite answered.
"Well I'm going to go have a talk with Gravel as soon as I leave!" Spyro said angrily. "He cannot keep getting away with this stuff!"
"We will go as soon as we get Phoenus home." Cynder said.
"Spyro nodded and lightly lifted his son onto Cynders back. "Thank you so much for doing this Ember!" he said.
"Of course! Now Phoenus, the legs may have healed but they are still growing, so don't put too much pressure on them for awhile, ok?" she said.
"Alright, thank you." He replied.
Ember smiled and gave him a nod. Spyro walked out with Cynder and Granite and took Phoenus to their home and gently placed him on his bed. "Alright, we are going to go speak to Gravel and Maka now. Granite, could you please stay with Phoenus and help him if he needs it?" Cynder asked.
"Of course! Good luck with my parents." She replied.
Spyro and Cynder walked out of the house after giving Phoenus a kiss on the forehead, leaving him alone with Granite. Granite laid down at the edge of the bed and looked up at Phoenus, whom was looking down at her. There was a long moment of silence with just them looking at each other in the eyes, until Granite began to cry. "Granite, what's wrong?" Phoenus asked.
"It's my fault you had your legs broken! It's my fault for not being able to fly!" she answered with even more tears.
"No it's not! It was your brothers for being such a jerk to you. I don't care if your wings aren't strong enough to make you fly, you are you, and that's all that matters to me."
"But if it keeps getting you hurt it is my fault!" she said as she continued to cry.
"If I do continue getting hurt I would do it every time just to stop it. You're my best friend and I will protect you like one."
She looked up at him and said "really? You'd do that for me?"
"Of course I will. I can't stand seeing you hurt like you are now."
She gave off a slight blush and a smile. "Thank you Phoenus, it means a lot to me." She said.
Phoenus smiled and laid his head back down to rest. Granite walked to his side and climbed on top of the bed and lay down next to him closely. She rested her head next to his and slightly nuzzled his cheek before falling asleep in peace.
Spyro knocked on Gravels door with Cynder at his side. The door was quickly opened by Maka. "Hello Spyro, Cynder, what can I do for you?" she asked.
"Is Gravel around?" Spyro asked.
"No, he's still with the other guardians, why?"
"We need to talk to you two about your son Stone." Cynder told her.
"Why? What did he do?"
"He broke two of my son's legs today!" Spyro said with a low growl.
"What?! Are you sure?" Maka asked.
"Positive. Phoenus told us the same thing Blazelight and Granite did!" Cynder answered.
"Well, if you are sure about that then I shall have a talk with Stone about this…"
"It's not only today we want to talk about, but what happened with Eirlys three years ago as well." Spyro interrupted.
"You think Stone has a part of that as well?" Maka asked. After they nodded she said "Granite told me it was him three years ago as well, but I didn't believe her because there was no proof. We will take care of it, I promise."
"Thank you Maka. And just to let you know Granite is at our house with Phoenus right now in case he needs something, we'll send her back when we get home." Cynder said.
"Thank you for telling me, and goodnight."
As Spyro and Cynder turned to leave Maka shut the door and returned to their living room. "What has happened to this family?" she asked herself as she took a seat and waited for someone to come home.
She didn't have to wait long before Gravel walked in. "Hi honey, how are you?" he asked.
"Alright, but I heard Stone broke Phoenus' legs today." She replied.
"What?! Who told you this?" Gravel asked.
"Spyro and Cynder. They just left a little while ago."
"That could explain why he and Granite weren't at master Terrador's training session. Has Stone come back yet?"
"No, I haven't seen him since this morning."
"Well, we shall talk to him when he returns. In the meantime where's Granite?"
"With Phoenus right now. She will come back when they get home."
"Alright." Gravel said as he made his way to their bedroom to wait for Stone's return.
Spyro and Cynder had turned onto their block after a walk in silence. Cynder broke it by saying "I can't believe Stone did what he did, it infuriates me!"
"As it does to me, but there's nothing more we can do about it except let Gravel and Maka take care of it." Spyro reassured her.
"I know. I want Stone to get punished terribly for this!"
"With all that he's done I don't doubt it." Spyro said as they walked into their home.
Cynder walked up to Phoenus' room to tell Granite to go home but found her asleep next to him. She looked down to them and saw the smile that was spread across Granites face, causing her to smile a bit as well. She slowly bent her head down and whispered to her. "Granite, we're back."
Granite slowly opened her eyes and looked up at Cynder sleepily. "Oh, hello Cynder. How'd it go with my parents?" she asked.
"They said they will talk to Stone when he returns home. I really hope they do." She replied.
"It will take more than talking to make Stone stop being bad, he likes it too much."
"Well, your parents might be able to put a stop to it."
"I really hope so, for Phoenus' sake." Granite said as she looked down at the sleeping dragon next to him.
Cynder smiled and said "your parents want you home now."
"Alright, I'll be out in a second." Cynder nodded and left the room. When she was gone Granite looked at Phoenus again and said "thank you Phoenus, thank you for standing up for me." She lowered her head down to his nose and gave it a quick kiss before slowly getting up and opening the door. With one last look at Phoenus she walked out and went home.
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#65 Posted: 22:00:23 27/01/2011
Very good chapters. I love this story! smilie
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#66 Posted: 22:15:07 27/01/2011
This is a good story.
#67 Posted: 02:00:44 28/01/2011
Nice job.
---
#68 Posted: 06:43:13 28/01/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 18

A Thoughtful Gift

The sun had been down for several hours when Stone finally walked back into his home. He thought that everyone else was asleep as he snuck his way into his room. "And where do you think you are going?" a voice came from the darkness.
Stone turned his head to see his parents walking into the room. "I was going to bed." He replied as he continued to his room.
"Oh no you're not! You are going to come over here and explain what happened today!" Gravel ordered.
Stone sighed and turned around and walked to his parents. "Why did you break Phoenus' legs today?" Maka asked him.
"Because he attacked me! I was defending myself!" Stone replied.
"Even so you should not have broken his legs!" Gravel said.
"I took it a little too far, so what? He's gonna live!"
"That's not the point! You can't just hurt people like that!" Maka told him.
"You two have told me to stand up and fight for myself! I was doing just that!"
"We did, but you took it too far."
"He, attacked, me! What will it take for you to understand that?!"
"We do understand, and we also understand that you caused Eirlys to go missing three years ago." Maka told him.
Stone gave a slight gasp but kept a straight face and said "It was a little prank, so what?"
"It's because of you that Glacier and Statica are always depressed now!" Gravel barked.
"Eirlys left on her own will. I did nothing to make her leave."
"Be that as it may you are still responsible for it. I'm sorry, but you are no longer allowed to have these late night things with Tallen." Gravel said.
Stone had enough. "You can't tell me what to do!" he said.
"I am your father, I can tell you anything I want to!"
Gravel just growled and stormed off to his room, leaving dents on the floor with each step. After walking into his room and slammed the door shut and flopped onto his bed. "They can't tell me what to do! I will be king someday! King of the world!" Soon enough though he fell into an angry sleep.
The next morning Phoenus woke up just as the sun was. He pondered whether to try to stand up or not with the legs just healed. He decided to give it a shot and slowly lifted himself off of the ground. When he was standing straight up he smiled and said "I guess Ember's really good at what she does." He placed his paws on the ground and began to walk to the door. He still felt a slight amount of pain but that he figured was from the surgery. He opened the door and made his way through the house to the living room, where Cynder was already awake. "Hey mom." He said sleepily.
Cynder looked at him in shock. "What are you doing out of bed so early? You should still be resting!"
"I'm fine mom, really. I had plenty of rest and my legs feel really good." He answered.
"Alright, if you say so."
"What happened after I as asleep?" Phoenus asked.
Cynder explained to him how they brought him home and left Granite in charge of him as they confronted Stone's parents. "We hope that Stone will learn from this." She finished.
"Probably not, he will always be like this." Phoenus said.
"We can only hope though. So, what do you feel about going to school?"
"I will go, but I will take it easy on the training. Ember told me to give it time."
"Alright, I'll be here when you return home." Cynder said.
"Thanks mom." He said. He got a quick nuzzle before walking outside. He wanted to check on Granite and see how she was doing, but Stone would have been there so he decided just to head to school. He walked through the gates of the garden, the way he, Granite and Blazelight always took and saw what Stone had done. There was a path of ruined plants and trees from when Stone smashed him into the wall. He looked along the path and saw Granite sitting along it with her back to him. He walked up to her and heard her crying. "Granite, are you alright?" he asked.
She turned her head with a gasp. Her face was covered in tears. She quickly tried to wipe them away and said "Phoenus… yeah, I'm fine."
"It sure doesn't seem like it to me." He said as he took a seat next to her.
She sighed and said "it's my brother, he destroyed this garden and broke your legs and doesn't feel guilty about it at all. He destroyed these flowers that my mom and I planted."
Phoenus looked down at the destroyed bush. "I'm sorry. If it wasn't for me they would still be standing."
"Don't be sorry. You stood up to Stone when he was hurting me. I could never blame you for that."
Not wanting to argue with that he looked down at the bush again and spotted something. He picked it up and saw that it was a seed from the bush. "I may not have caused this, but I will help fix it." He said as she showed her the seed.
She looked up to him with a smile and said "thank you."
She pulled back some dirt as he pled the seed inside the hole. After she covered it back up Phoenus used his water breath to feed the seed. "Now all we have to do is wait, right?" he asked.
She nodded. They both looked down at the patch of earth that the seed was resting in, feeding on the water. Granite caught Phoenus by surprise and gave him a nuzzle on the neck. He placed his wing over her and brought her into a hug, nuzzling her as well.
---
#69 Posted: 03:58:04 29/01/2011
Very good chapter.
---
#70 Posted: 06:27:15 30/01/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 19

The Still Growing Family

Cynder was washing up after her meal with Spyro. "Delicious as always." She said.
"Only the best for you my love." He said with a kiss.
Cynder left the washroom and felt a slight pain in her stomach. She quickly got to a mirror and looked at her stomach. "Spyro, do I look different at all?" she asked as he walked into their room.
"Well, you're as beautiful as always." He replied with a smile.
"I know that, but something seems different."
"What do you mean?"
"My stomach's been hurting recently. I'm pretty sure it's not the food we just ate."
Spyro walked up to her and placed his paw on her stomach and felt around. "Cynder, your stomach only felt like this once before. Back when you were…"
"Pregnant?" she asked.
He nodded and said "I think you are."
Cynder began to smile but said "maybe we should check with your mother first though."
"Good idea." He said as he led the way out of their house.
They walked to the house next door and knocked. Several seconds passed before Icis opened the door. "Hello Spyro, Cynder. What brings you here today?" she asked.
"Hello mom. We have something we need you to confirm." Spyro said."
"Well, what is it?"
"We believe I'm pregnant again nut we wanted to check with an expert first." Cynder said.
"Come inside so I may get a better look." Icis said as she allowed them in. Icis faced Cynder on her right side and placed her paw on her stomach. "Mhm, it definitely feels like you are. My best guess is that you are pregnant Cynder, congratulations!" Icis said with a smile.
Cynder became overjoyed to hear her say that. "This is wonderful news! I'm going to have another egg!" Cynder said as she hugged Spyro.
"Phoenus will be happy as well to hear this!" Spyro said.
"Just one thing I want to go over with you first." Icis said. "In families that have more than one child it is very important that you give equal love to each, none more than the other. Do you understand?"
"Perfectly. Thank you so much for telling us!" Cynder said as she hugged her mother-in-law.
"Anytime my dear." Icis said.
"Thanks mom. We'll come by everyday for you to check on its health, alright?" Spyro said.
"Certainly, I'd be happy to. Take care you two!" Icis said as she hugged her son.
The couple left Icis' house full of excitement. "Ican't wait to see the look on Phoenus' face when he hears about his new brother or sister!" Cynder said.
"He should be overjoyed, he has asked for one before." Spyro said.
They walked home together with tails intertwined and heads resting on each other. Their happy family was growing bigger, and nothing seemed to be able to ruin the day for them.
Phoenus and Granite walked together to school and found Blazelight waiting for them at the front door. "Phoenus you won't believe what is happening!" she said as they approached.
"What's going on?" he asked.
"Stone's been going around the school and saying how he easily beat you in a fight!"
"What?! Have people been believing him?"
"From what I heard they are."
A group of fire dragoness' walked out the door and giggled at Phoenus. "He lost to Stone!" they heard one of them say.
Granite growled at them as they both ran away in fear. "I'll show what that pebble brained liar who he's dealing with!" she said as she stormed into the school.
They walked through the halls, every dragon they passed began laughing at Phoenus, hearing comments like "the son of the almighty purple dragon lost to Stone!" "even with his special powers he still lost!" "He destroyed the gardens!"
Phoenus felt as if each insult was a punch in the gut as he walked through the hallway. Granite looked back at him and saw his sadness. "Phoenus, don't listen to them. They're being stupid."
"I know, but it still hurts." He replied.
Granite turned her head back forward just in time to avoid running into a group of dragons huddled in a circle. Beyond the group they could hear someone telling them something. "…and that's when he jumped at me for no reason! So I…"
The three friends recognized it as Stone and quickly pushed their way into the circle. "Knock it off Stone! You already hurt Phoenus enough to be spreading around these lies!" Granite told him.
Stone turned to them in a bit of shock. "What lies? I'm telling everybody how Phoendork attacked me when I was just walking through the gardens!"
"You know that's not true! You were making fun of Granite because she can't fly so he stood up for her!" Blazelight barked.
"If he is so tough then why doesn't he defend himself?" Tallen asked, getting the whole group to laugh.
The laughter began to overwhelm Phoenus' mind. He shut his eyes and covered his ears. "No… stop it! Stop laughing!"
"If you're so strong then fight me again! Unless you're afraid!" Stone mocked.
The group surrounding them all began to chant "fight!" in unison. "Alright! If you want to fight again it's a fight you will get!" Phoenus yelled as he readied himself.
"Phoenus don't!" Granite pleaded.
Stone smiled as the circle began to cheer for the upcoming fight, but as Stone got ready Terrador came running into the hallway. "Get to class, all of you!"
Immediately the group broke away as each dragon went to their individual classes. As Phoenus made his way to his class Stone grbbed him by the shoulder and said "we shall finish this in master Terrador's class!"
Phoenus gave a quick nod as he walked to class. Granite was walking alongside him and said "what are you thinking?! You can't take him on with your legs still healing!"
"I am putting a stop to him now! I have had it with his attitude. After tonight he will never bother another dragon again!" Phoenus answered as he walked past Granite and into class, leaving Granite alone in the hallway.
She silently sat there and prayed for the ancestors to watch over Phoenus and keep him safe in his match, and for her to gain some courage as well.
---
#71 Posted: 00:17:56 31/01/2011
Wow, the story's really unfolding here. Wonder what Phoenus will think when he hears Cynder's pregnant?
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#72 Posted: 00:19:45 31/01/2011
This seems like an awesome story, so could you put th link to the story before this plz
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
#73 Posted: 02:18:46 31/01/2011 | Topic Creator
torok: you shall have to wait and see smilie

SF101: i am not good with links on this site yet, but it is in this same area titled "Dark Descendant", and thank you smilie
---
#74 Posted: 02:13:18 01/02/2011
Very good.
---
#75 Posted: 03:34:52 01/02/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 20 pt. 1

Her Feelings, His Pain

The word quickly spread throughout the school that a fight was going to happen between Phoenus and Stone. Everybody wanted to see it. When Phoenus finished Volteer's class he had his lunch break and then the fight in Terrador's class. He went to the usual spot with Granite and Blazelight but didn't say a word, he was preparing his mind for the fight ahead of him. Granite looked over at him worriedly. "Phoenus, you really shouldn't do this fight." She said to him.
"And let everyone continue to laugh at me? I can't allow that. I need to put a stop to Stone before he hurts someone else!" he said.
"I understand the pain you are going through, but you must think this over. Stone wants you to fight him because no matter who wins he will find ways to make everybody favor him more." Blazelight told him.
"Please Phoenus, don't do this!" Granite begged.
"And back down from a fight and have everybody call me a coward? That would make things worse."
"I don't care how they think, I just don't want you hurt!" Granite said with tears beginning to form.
Phoenus looked into her eyes and saw the amount of sadness she was in. "Granite, I know you don't want me to, but I have to. He made fun of me but more importantly you. I cannot allow him to hurt you anymore."
"Phoenus, you know I don't care what he says, he's too juvenile anyway. All I want is to be with you."
Phoenus was stunned after hearing that. Blazelight took the hint as she got up and left, leaving Phoenus alone with Granite. "What are you saying?" he asked her.
Granite began to blush deeply but still had tears rolling down her cheeks. "For awhile now I have been having these feelings for you Phoenus. I've never had the courage to say anything but I can't take it anymore! I love you Phoenus!"
For several moments Phoenus just starred in shock. He then stood up and laid back down next to her. He placed his wing over her and hugged her tightly. "Granite, I feel the same way, I just wanted to see if you felt the same way first."
Granite smiled and started nuzzling his cheek. "Phoenus, I don't think I could stand having you hurt because of me again, please don't go through with this fight."
"I'm sorry Granite, but this is something I have to do. Just have faith in me, I will defeat Stone then there will be nothing else to worry about. I promise you, I will be alright." He said very calmly to her.
Granite smiled as they both closed their eyes and slowly began to move their heads closer together. They were just inches apart when someone shouted "what are you two doing?!"
Phoenus and Granite opened their eyes and saw Dash hovering over them. "Dash! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with you dad, being homeschooled?" Phoenus asked.
"He let me have a break for lunch and I come here to find you two about to kiss! What were you thinking bro? Females will only hurt you in the end!" Dash replied. Before Dash could reply Granite had swiped him with her pa to the ground. "Ugh… see what I mean?!"
Phoenus and Granite shared a laugh as Dash got up. "Sorry Dash, but I like Granite, alright? Maybe you will find someone for you as well someday."
"Emphasis on the word maybe." Granite said as the two dragons shared another laugh.
Dash laughed sarcastically and said "I don't have to put up with this anymore! I'm leaving!" He said as he flew away.
Phoenus and Granite looked back at each other and smiled as they gave it another shot, but were interrupted again by the school bell ringing in the distance, signaling class was about to begin. "Maybe later." Phoenus said as they both got up.
"I'm lad I at least said what I wanted to." Granite said as she stood next to him.
Phoenus smiled as he gave her a quick nuzzle before they both began to walk back to the school, side by side. When they approached the school Blazelight was waiting for them on the front steps. "Phoenus, Stone has been spreading more lies." She told him.
"He wont be after today." He said as they all walked in through the doors.
They headed straight to the training room where Terrador was waiting to begin class. Phoenus saw Stone getting ready in a corner of the room. "I guess there's no turning back now, are you ready Phoenus?" Granite asked him.
Phoenus gave a slight nod. The second bell rang, signaling the beginning of class. Terrador waited for all of the students to gather around him before saying "today we will be demonstrating what a match looks like. I will need a volunteer now." Immediately Stone raised his paw. "Alright Stone, is there anyone you want to fight?" Terrador asked.
Stone turned and pointed his paw at Phoenus. "I want to fight Phoenus." He stated.
"Very well, Stone, Phoenus, whe you two are ready step into the ring." Terrador said as he walked over to the judges stand that was set up.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:35:38 01/02/2011 by begorle01
#76 Posted: 03:35:15 01/02/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 20 pt. 2

Stone went immediately to the ring while Phoenus cleared his mind for a minute. "You can do this Phoenus!" Blazelight said.
"This match will be yours!" Granite told him.
Phoenus looked at Granite and said "thank you, both of you." Before turning to walk into the ring Phoenus gave Granite's lips a quick kiss, causing her to smile and blush uncontrollably.
When Phoenus and Stone were standing in their appropriate positions everyone was silent for the match to come. Every dragon in the room had their focus on the two dragons that were about to take part in the biggest match the school has ever seen. Phoenus and Stone remained motionless until Terrador shouted "begin!"
Phoenus was the first to strike as he lunged at Stone with an earth shot ready in his mouth. Stone did exactly what he thought and raised a wall of rock up. Phoenus broke the wall with the shot, sending Stone backwards onto the floor. Several dragons in the crowd began to cheer for Phoenus now as Stone got up. Getting angry Stone charged at Phoenus, and as he was running he fused together some rocks onto his body.
Before Phoenus could move out of the way Stone trapped his feet into the ground, preventing him from moving. Stone hit Phoenus with everything he had with a tackle, which sent him flying to the other side of the ring. The rest of the crowd cheered for the earth dragon as he raised his fist for them. Phoenus saw an opportunity as he used his electric speed to run and tackle Stone from behind. They began to caw and punch each other from there. Strikes were given back and forth until Stone managed to get a kick on one of Phoenus' still healing leg, causing Phoenus to fall off of Stone in agonizing pain.
Wasting no time Stone quickly got on top of Phoenus and started beating him in the head. Punch after punch was thrown at his head, and with each punch given to Phoenus Granite felt the same pain in her heart. Stone took a quick break as he walked away from Phoenus. Phoenus looked out at the crowd with intense pain as he saw Granite with tears falling, causing him to cry a bit. Stone was in the middle of the circle as he focused his mind on lifting a giant boulder out of the ground. "Stone that is enough!" Terrador shouted.
Stone ignored him as he walked closer with the boulder in the air to where Phoenus was laying. "Let's hope your girlfriend is watching closely for this!" he said to him.
As Stone dropped the boulder the crowd gasped as Phoenus raised a paw in the air, stopping it inches away from his body. Granite began to smile but then she saw something odd. Phoenus was glowing, but with a black aura around him with his eyes as white as snow. He shot the boulder back at the stunned Stone, sending him into the other wall. Phoenus rose up and began to walk to Stone. He pulled the boulder back and sent it flying into the crowd, almost hitting several dragons. Phoenus grabbed Stone by the neck and put Stone against the wall with him facing Phoenus. Stone looked down into Phoenus' white eyes and began to far for his life now. He tried to struggle his way out but Phoenus quickly threw him to the ground and lifted more small boulders from the floor and dropped them onto Stone. Terrador quickly ran in to stop Phoenus but was pushed away immediately. When the last of the boulders had dropped Stone was on the ground in a worse condition that Phoenus was just a minute ago.
Before anything else could be done Phoenus suddenly fell to the floor, clutching his head in pain. The crowd watched in horror as Phoenus began screaming at the top of his lungs. The darkness had awakened in him, causing the light to fight back. His body began to change from black to white repeatedly as he tossed and turned on the ground. Granite couldn't take it anymore as she ran to Phoenus. "Granite, no!" Terrador shouted.
Granite ignored him and got closer to Phoenus. "Phoenus, come back to the light!" she said calmly to him in an attempt to bring him back.
His breathing began to slow down as it seemed the light was taking over, but he suddenly screamed as the darkness inside of him made one final attempt. Phoenus was shaking uncontrollably on the ground as Granite jumped on him and held him in one place. "Phoenus, please! Only you can stop this!" she cried.
Phoenus threw her off and into the crowd with a loud roar. Blazelight quickly ran to her and helped her get up. "Are you okay?" she asked.
"I'm fine, but Phoenus is still suffering!" Granite replied.
As Phoenus continued to yell Terrador shouted "everyone get out!"
Terrador ran up and grabbed Stone and threw him onto his back as he led the students out of the building. With every room they passed they shouted for everyone to get out quickly. Phoenus was in the training room alone now as he tried to end his spasm by shooting out beams of light and darkness but nothing would end it. Granite had run back into the room and got closer to him. "Phoenus, please." She said as she cried.
The light side of Phoenus had control for a little while as he quickly teleported her out of the room and back with the rest of the students. Before she could run back in an explosion was heard from inside the school. Within seconds the school was blown up in a big ball of white and black, causing everyone to run farther away. A few seconds later the explosion was gone, as was the school. All that remained was debris and Phoenus lying in the middle of it unconscious.
---
#77 Posted: 03:40:14 01/02/2011
Good chapter.
---
#78 Posted: 15:21:05 01/02/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 21 pt.1

It's Back

When Flame gave the okay for Cynder to get her son form the ruined school she immediately ran in and hugged her still unconscious child. She then placed him on her back and carried him away until Flame stopped her and said "when he wakes up I want to speak to him."
"Of course Flame, I will notify you immediately." Cynder said as she continued to carry Phoenus away.
Flame looked upon the wreckage of the school in disbelief. Gravel had joined him and said "my daughter has told me what happened. Apparently Stone and Phoenus were in a fight in master Terrador's class. She said Stone had taken it too far and was about to kill him when Phoenus' evil side was awoken. From there he started beating Stone really bad, almost to the point of death it seems. Even master Terrador couldn't stop him. After that another one of his spasms that Spyro and Cynder told us about happened and here we are with a destroyed school."
Statica and Glacia approached them. Statica said to Flame "the parents aren't really too happy with what Phoenus did. I can't blame them really, their kids were in danger."
"But it wasn't Phoenus' fault. Stone had pushed it too far, and that's all darkness needs to become powerful. Hate, anger, pain." Flame told her.
"All of this anger… why can't this world get along?" Glacia asked.
"Someday it will, but right now all we can do is try to fix what anger has done." Gravel reassured her.
"What do you think caused Stone to do this?" Statica asked.
"Stone is a violent dragon, and he loves being the strongest. My best guess is that Phoenus was in the way." Gravel answered.
"But he shouldn't have gotten to the point of almost killing Phoenus! He needs to fix his thinking before he really does kill someone!" Glacia told him.
"I have tried many times to talk to him! He just won't listen!" Gravel said.
"Then something else has to be done! I cannot allow him to return to school if he will continue to act this way!" Flame said.
"He doesn't listen to anything I say though! How on earth am I to get him to stop?!" Gravel asked.
"Try finding out why he acts like this. It's easier to understand when you know what they're thinking." Statica told him.
"Alright, I'll give it one more shot. It's our last hope to make him stop." Gravel said as he walked away.
Glacia turned to Flame and asked "do you really think Stone will get any better?"
"I doubt it, my mother told me that his grandfather was the same way, and he never got any better." He answered.
"What are you going to do if he doesn't?" Staitca asked.
"I cannot allow him to continue going to school, let alone live in Warfang. It may hurt Gravel but we will have to banish him."
The two female guardians nodded and returned to the group of angry parents outside of a perimeter the guards had set up in an attempt to calm them. Flame just looked back at the old school and returned to his thoughts.

Cynder had stayed by Phoenus' side as he slept, waiting for him to awaken. Spyro was in the living room in disbelief that this had happened again. Several hours had passed before Phoenus slowly began to open his eyes to see his mother laying her head on his bed. When she saw that he was waking up she smiled and said "hello Phoenus, how do you feel?"
Phoenus raised himself a bit but groaned in pain. "Still hurts quite a bit." He answered weakly.
"I imagined so. That was pretty scary wasn't it?"
He nodded a bit as the door opened and in walked Spyro with Flame and Blazelight. "Hello son. How do you feel?" Spyro asked.
"Better, but still in pain." He replied.
"Alright. Well, master Flame wanted to ask you some questions if that is alright with you?"
Phoenus nodded as Flame laid down next to Phoenus' bed. "I'm going to have to ask to be alone right now." Flame said to Spyro and Cynder.
"Alright, we'll be downstairs if you need us." Spyro said as he led Cynder and Blazelight out.
When they were gone Flame turned to Phoenus and said "I just want to ask you some questions about what happened earlier, if you can't remember please be honest. Alright?" Phoenus gave a nod as Flame asked the first question. "What do you remember about the fight?"
Phoenus thought for a moment then said "I remember beating Stone at first, but he used a cheap move that knocked me down. When I got back up we got into a wild fight, but he kicked my still repairing leg and knocked me down. From there he started to punch and scratch my face. The last thing I remember was him dropping a boulder on top of me. Next thing I know I'm on my bed."
Flame nodded and said "that is what my daughter told me. Now, what do you possibly think could have lead Stone to do something like this?"
"He wanted to finish the fight that we had started yesterday. He was going around saying that I was weak and attacked him for no reason. I had to do something about it!"
"So you are saying that you also started the fight?" Flame asked. Phoenus slightly nodded, then Flame said "well, I can't hold starting the fight against Stone anymore but I can accuse him of taking it too far still. Now, are you sure you don't remember anything after he dropped the boulder?"
Phoenus thought really hard for a minute but came out with nothing. "I'm sorry master Flame, but I can't remember anything." He said.
"I thought so, but Blazelight saw it. She will tell me later but right now she wants to see you." Flame said as he stood up. "Thank you Phoenus for telling me what I wanted to know, hopefully we can convince the parents that this was all because of Stone."
"You're welcome master Flame." Phoenus said.
Flame smiled as he opened the door and allowed Blazelight in. After her father exited she asked "how are you feeling now?"
"A bit better, but my memory is still gone of what happened after Stone dropped that boulder. Where's Granite?"
"She's at home asleep. She had a really traumatizing day." Blazelight answered.
"All because of me." Phoenus said sadly.
"No, it was because of Stone, he took it too far which made you react the way you did."
"I keep hearing something about what I did but now I want to know, what happened?"
Blazelight began to explain in great detail of what happened several hours earlier. As Phoenus listened his eyes grew wider in shock. "…and your eyes, they were white as snow. I felt like they were looking through my soul." Blazeight had said.
After finishing the story of what happened Phoenus was shedding several tears. "I… I destroyed the school?!" he asked.
Blazelight nodded and said "yes Phoenus, the school is gone now."
"And… what of Stone? Is he…"
"Dead? No, he isn't. Master Terrador was able to get him out in time. Granite kept trying to go back in for you, but thankfully you were able to keep her out."
By now Phoenus was balling with tears. "I… I'm a monster!" he cried.
Blazelight was paralyzed. She wanted to help her cousin but she couldn't help but think that he was a monster. All she could do was lay down next to him and hug him as he cried on her shoulder. "What you did was not your fault. You had no control over it." She finally managed to say.
Phoenus continued to cry as Blazelight comforted him. "… I want to see the school." He said.
"Alright, I'll take you to see it." Blazelight said as she got up.
---
#79 Posted: 15:21:38 01/02/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 21 pt. 2

Phoenus wiped away his tears and followed Blazelight out of their room. Spyro, Cyner and Flame were still talking in the living room when they came out. "You alright Phoenus?" Cynder asked.
"Yeah, I just wanted to go and see what I have done." He answered.
"That might be a bit dangerous, there are a lot of parents still out there that are furious at you." Flame told him.
"I don't care, I want to see what I have done." Phoenus said as he and Blazelight headed for the door.
"I will go with you son. Blazelight, you stay with your father, alright?" Spyro said.
Blazelight didn't want to argue with the purple dragon so she nodded and went back to her father. Spyro walked with Phoenus through the streets of Warfang, getting everybody to glance at Phoenus angrily. All Phoenus could do was look at the ground in sadness. Every glare at him felt like a knife passing through his body. Spyro looked down at his son in sadness as well, he did not like it when he saw him in pain.
They arrived at the school, what was the school at least as Phoenus looked upon it in disbelief. Only small pieces of rubble remained from the building. "I… I did this?!" he asked.
Spyro dropped his head and answered "yes. I must apologize Phoenus, I thought we had gotten rid of these spasms for good. "
Phoenus looked up to his father and said with his eyes full of tears "why dad? Why is this happening to me?!"
"Phoenus, I cannot say what I don't know. I thought we were doing things right."
"But why didn't it work?!"
"I don't know. Maybe we hadn't sealed off the darkness completely. Or…"
"Or I'm meant to suffer my whole life!" Phoenus cried.
Phoenus dropped to the ground and covered his face from everyone watching. Spyro lowered his head to him and said "I'm sorry son, but I don't know if there's anything I can do for you."
Spyro tried to lie down next to him but Phoenus quickly got up and began to run "stay away from me! I'm a monster!"
Spyro watched as his son ran around the corner. He did not want to follow, he was hurting enough. He wanted to let Phoenus cool off a bit before talking to him again. Spyro got up and walked through the streets of Warfang, tears now covering his own eyes. Phoenus had ran into an abandoned observation tower and began to cry there, repeatedly asking the ancestors "why? Why is this happening to me?!"

Gravel waited beside Stone's bed for him to wake up. When Stone finally began to move his head and groan a bit he got closer and waited for him to fully wake up. Stone lifted his head a bit and saw his father standing over him. "…Dad… where am I?" Stone asked weakly.
"You are back home son. You took a pretty bad beating today huh?" Gravel answered.
"Yeah, because that cheater Phoenus used the powers of darkness against me!" Stone growled.
"Well, maybe you shouldn't have taken it too far." Gravel told him.
"Oh, so you're taking his side? I thought you were my father!"
"I am, but what you did was reckless and stupid. You almost killed Phoenus!"
"He had it coming to him! What does it matter anyway? He almost killed me!"
"Yes, because you angered Phoenus. I have no control over what happened to Phoenus, but I do have control of you."
"You have no control over me! I don't listen to anyone!" Stone barked.
"You are my son! You shall do as I say!" Gravel barked back.
"Make me!"
"Stone, do you not see the severity of your actions? The other guardians are talking about expelling you!"
"Then let them! I didn't like that school anyway!"
"They might also have you banished if you don't change your actions!" Gravel told him.
"Like I care! I can live on my own anyway."
Gravel was shocked by his son's response. "Stone, I already had to banish my father, I cannot banish you as well." He said.
Stone looked at him in shock. "You're the one that banished grandpa?!"
Gravel looked at him in confusion. "How do you know about your grandfather?"
In his mind Stone was saying 'shoot! I wasn't supposed to tell him!' "I overheard you talking about him once."
Gravel looked at him curiously but shook the thought away. "Son, I cannot stand to see you banished. I'm begging you, please stop doing this!"
"You can't tell me what to do father. I live by my own rules." Stone said as he turned his head the other way.
Gravel looked down at his son in sadness and said "very well, the other guardians and I will discuss what to do." He stood up and walked out of the room, giving one last look at his son, shedding a tear as he thought of what will happen.
---
#80 Posted: 19:20:57 01/02/2011
Very good chapters.
---
#81 Posted: 19:29:04 01/02/2011 | Topic Creator
thank you smilie it gets quite interesting from here on out.
---
#82 Posted: 07:04:59 02/02/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 22

The Hardest Decision to Make

Spyro returned home to see Cynder crying on their bed. He climbed in and joined her. "Where is Phoenus now?" she asked between sobs.
"He left to cool off a bit. I will get him later." Spyro answered.
"Why does this keep happening to him? He is such a good boy but keeps getting hurt." Cynder said as she cried in his shoulder.
"I honestly don't know Cynder. If your parents couldn't come up with a solution then who can?"
Cynder caught her breath and looked up at him. "Maybe, Ignitus might know something." She said.
"Maybe, the chronicler can see into the future in small parts, maybe he can see what happens with Phoenus!" Spyro said excitedly.
"But how are you going to ask him? You can't just leave Warfang with how Phoenus feels right now."
Spyro thought about for a second then said "I need to fall asleep, that's how the old chronicler got a hold of…"
Spyro couldn't finish his sentence because his head suddenly fell onto the bed as he fell asleep. After Cynder made sure he was alright she gave a little chuckle and said "I guess you fell asleep." She laid her head on his side and fell asleep as well, waiting for him to wake up.
In Spyro's dream he was entering the celestial library where he found his father, Ignitus, waiting for him. "Hello dad, I was just talking about you." He said as he approached the old dragon.
"Yes, I am aware of that. I have seen what has been happening with Phoenus. I am sorry." Ignitus said.
"It's alright, as long as we can find a way to make it stop." Spyro said.
"Which is the very reason I have summoned you here." He said as a red book floated towards his location. "Here is Phoenus' book. I have searched through it and have found a page that describes theses spasms he has."
Spyro took the book and began to read it out loud. "'The light and darkness elemental spasm is a way for both of the elements to try to compete to stay inside his body. At one point in his life Phoenus must make a choice.' That's it? All he has to do is chose?" Spyro asked.
"At first that's what I believed as well, but it is more complicated than that. You see, The time of selection is random. It could happen tonight, tomorrow or even next year!" Ignitus told him.
"So he's going to have to suffer until that time comes?" Spyro asked.
"I'm afraid so. It's up to Phoenus' body to make the decision, whether it is light or darkness. The choice will stay with him for life."
"I just have to keep him liking the light until that time comes."
"The problem is Spyro is that the thing that drags dragons to the darkness is the promise for power. It's what dragged Malefor into darkness as well." Ignitus told him.
"But my son isn't Malefor, he's a good kid. I just need to help him more."
Ignitus smiled and said "that's my son. Now, return to the real world and go help my grandson!"
Spyro nodded as he closed his eyes and went back to the real world.

Meanwhile, Phoenus was still on top of the tower crying to himself. When he was finally able to calm down he sat up and looked at his paw. "This curse, it's making me a monster!" He clenched his paw tightly, causing the stone tower to shake but released it and gently put his paw back down. He took a deep breath and began to think of the ones he loved. His mom and dad, aunt and uncle, his cousin, his best friend, but most importantly Granite. His mind brought back the image of almost hurting Granite really bad back in the school. The image of her hurt haunted his mind as he shed several more tears. "… I cannot stay!"
He fell back to the floor and thought about it. If he were to stay he could possibly hurt anybody, but if he left he wouldn't be able to see them. He was brought back to reality when he felt the presence of someone walking up the stairs behind him. He turned and watched as Granite made her way up. "Hello Phoenus." She said gently.
"Hello." Was all Phoenus could say.
He turned his head back to the sunset as she laid down next to him. "I'm really sorry about what my brother did to you." She said.
"It wasn't your fault, no need to be sorry." He said, still not facing her.
"Phoenus, don't be upset. The school was not your fault. You had no control over what you were doing."
"But I shouldn't have even lost it! My dad has been training me in the ways of light. I should have stayed calm and fought back normally."
"I don't know anything about the darkness, but I knew your body couldn't do it alone. In a way, you needed the darkness to survive."
"But I could have killed somebody! I don't think I could ever live with myself if I hurt you." Phoenus said as he turned his head to her.
"But you didn't. All we can do now is work on not letting that happen again." Granite said as she nuzzled him.
Phoenus quickly pulled his head away and said "don't you see? It will never get better! I will live with this for the rest of my life!"
"Then we shall deal with it, together." Granite told him.
"No, I cannot have you in harms way. I'm sorry Granite, but I am leaving Warfang."
Granite gasped at his statement. "No… you can't…. you can't leave!" she said with tears already forming in her eyes.
"I don't want to, but I can't stand to see you suffer whenever you are around me."
"I don't care the risks, I just want to be with you! I love you!" she said as she turned his heads towards her.
"I love you too, which is why I don't want to see you hurt." Granite couldn't hold her tears back anymore as she cried on his shoulder. "I will promise you this. If I can ever find a way to end it for good I will come back."
"But what if you don't? I might never see you again!"
"Then it will be better than being with a monster."
Granite was sobbing as she pulled his head into a very deep and passionate kiss. When they broke she said "please don't go!"
"I'm sorry." Phoenus said as he got up and flew into the sky.
"No!" Granite shouted as she got up and ran back down the stairs. When she landed on the ground she could still see him flying but getting far away. She ran through the streets trying to get to the gate in time. The moles were just about to close it when she dove through at the last second. She looked back to the sky and spotted him just about to fly over the mountains. She ran through the field, unknowingly flapping her wings. Before she could do anything her wings had carried her several feet off of the ground. She looked down and gasped as her wings continued to flap. She didn't care how she was flying, all she knew is that she could.
She continued flapping, trying to get a faster speed as she saw him pass over the mountains. She tried flapping faster but her wings gave out as she fell to the ground from several hundred feet. She landed on the ground after breaking through several trees. She tried to get up but her body wouldn't. The last thing she did before blacking out was whisper "Phoenus."
---
#83 Posted: 14:30:41 02/02/2011
Nice.
---
#84 Posted: 06:01:32 03/02/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 23

The Lone Dragon

When Granite came back to her senses she felt really warm. She lifted her head up to see a campfire very close to here she was lying. She looked around the area and didn't see anyone there. Looking back at the fire she began to wonder who could have possibly made this fire. "Phoenus?" she thought out loud. There was movement in the bushes in front of her. Immediately she got her hopes up and asked louder "Phoenus?"
From behind the bushes an adult yellow dragon holding several small animals in his mouth stepped out and faced her. The dragon had a black mask with horns shaped like a bees antennas with his tail like a bee's stinger. Granite gasped in fear and crawled backwards, away from the unknown dragon. The yellow dragon followed her slowly and kept his yellow eyes on her. Granite continued to crawl backwards until she hit a tree. By this time the dragon had caught up with her and was bringing his head closer until he was several inches away. Granite began to whimper in fear of the big dragon that stood over her and looked away, trying to imagine him not being there. She gasped as she heard something drop in front of her. She looked back and saw the animals he had caught on the ground in front of her. He nudged them closer to her and said with a vibrated voice "eat up. You need to build your strength up."
Granite looked at the dragon in the eye and suddenly became less scared of it. She lowered her head down and took a small rabbit and started chewing on it, keeping her eye on the stranger the whole time. The yellow dragon went back to the campfire and laid down next to it. Granite thought that this would have been the opportune moment to make a run for it, but then she also thought that this dragon had done nothing wrong to her. If anything this dragon had helped her. Her cuts were gone and he gave her food. She finished her rabbit and walked back to the fire and laid down on the opposite side of him. Several minutes of silence passed by before Granite said "thank you, for helping me. My name is Granite."
The dragon looked at her for a second before saying "my name is Wasp."
"Well Wasp, where are you from?"
Wasp looked down at the ground before replying "nowhere, my home was destroyed by Malefor many years ago. I've been traveling ever since then."
"Oh, I'm sorry." Granite said.
"But what are you doing out here? You seem like a dragon from Warfang."
"Me? I was following someone but my wings gave out. It was the first time I have ever flown before." Granite answered.
"And who was this someone? Was he close to you?" Wasp asked.
"Actually he was my boyfriend. He was running away because the city had convinced him that he is a monster." Granite answered, shedding a tear as she did.
"Was he a monster?"
"No, he wasn't. Far from it. He was sweet, handsome, strong…" Granite's mind wandered off as she thought about him but shook it off and said "but he had a terrible accident that destroyed our school and almost killed another dragon, so the whole city as shunning him."
"I see. What was his name?"
"Phoenus."
Wasp starred for a second in shock but said "you mean, the purple dragon's son?"
"Yeah, why?" Granite asked.
"I have heard word from merchants traveling in and out of Warfang about the purple dragons son. You see, ever since Malefor attacked my village and injured me I swore that I would find any way possible to get back at him. I figured the next purple dragon would be the best person to help. When I found him though it was too late. He had already defeated Malefor and saved the world. So now I stay in this forest, training myself to be prepared in case of the dark masters return."
"That must be tough, living all alone like this. Don't you ever get lonely?" Granite asked.
"Many times, but I know I would not fit in with the citizens of Warfang. I have already gotten used to living alone."
"But it's so much nicer in Warfang. You could get your own house, find someone to fall in love with…"
"I had someone, but lost her with the village." Wasp said, his voice full of sadness.
"Oh, I'm sorry." Granite said.
"It's alright, I have learned to move on. What about you? What will you do now?"
Granite looked down to the ground in sadness. "I don't know. He would be long gone by now. There's no way I could catch up to him." She said, dropping several tears on the ground.
Wasp looked at her and couldn't help but feel sorry for her. He rose up and said "come, I will help you look for him."
Granite looked up in shock. "R….really? you'll help me?"
"Of course. It's the purple dragons son you want to help then I am in. Which way was he flying?"
Granite looked towards the mountains and said "that way. Last I saw him he flew over those mountains."
"Very well, that is where we will start. Can you fly?" Wasp asked.
Granite moved her wings a bit and felt how strong they were. "Maybe for a little while I can." She answered.
"Alright, we will fly until you get tired, then I shall carry you for a little while longer." Wasp said.
After she nodded and stood up the two dragons flapped their wings and took off into the sky, Granite being a bit slower but managed to stay close to her new friend.

Phoenus landed after the last mountain several hours later and found a good spot to sleep for awhile. After catching a couple of small critters and quickly eating him he rested his head on the ground and thought of what to do next. "This is a pretty good spot to train, maybe I could live here. It has plenty of animals to eat and a water source nearby."
"But how will you know what to do?" a voice said.
Phoenus lifted his head and looked around. "Who are you? And what do you mean?" he asked.
The voice replied "I am a friend young one. I have seen what has happened to you and I know of someone that might be able to assist you."
"Who is it?" After the voice didn't answer Phoenus said "please, I'm desperate. I want to get rid of this curse as soon as I can, so I can go back to Granite."
"I will take you to him, if you promise to trust me." The voice finally replied.
"I do trust you, now who is he?"
"You will learn his name in time, I will lead you to him." The source of the voice suddenly stepped out of the trees and revealed himself to be a big earth dragon. "Come with me young Phoenus, and your curse will end." He said.
Phoenus looked suspiciously at him for a second then asked "alright, but what is your name?"
"My name, is Boulder."
"Alright Boulder, where is this dragon you speak of?"
"Just hope onto my back and I will lead you there." Boulder said.
Phoenus climbed onto his back and was amazed to see a little pool of water along with a tree with several delicious fruits on it. He laid down in the shade of the tree as Boulder took to the sky.

Stone snuck out of his room when his father had left the house and quickly ran to the gates. When he saw they were closed for the night he flew over them, angering several moles as he flew over, and flew away from the city. When he was about a mile away he looked back to the city and said "good riddance!" and continued flying.
He flew in the direction his grandfather had told him to go in their last training session and landed at the right spot. From there he continued walking until he stumbled upon an earth dragon scout that asked "state your name and reason for being here!"
"I am Stone, grandson of Boulder." Stone replied.
The guard nodded and allowed him to continue walking. Stone followed a path to a giant clearing and smiled at the sight before him. In front of him stood thousands of apes and several dozens of green dragons flying over them. In front of the apes stood a giant old earth dragon. He raised his paw for the army to silence and simply said "it is time."
---
#85 Posted: 06:14:57 03/02/2011
Very nice.
---
#86 Posted: 03:19:55 04/02/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 24 pt. 1

First Strike

Stone watched in amazement as the apes began cheering for the elder dragon. His grandfather had told him the truth, the earth dragons had a massive army of apes. He tried to count them all but lost track after seven hundred, and he was only finishing a small section of the army! The thing that caught his attention more was the elder that was giving the army a speech. He was full of energy, which was odd for a dragon of his age Stone had figured. He had a grey beard that extended halfway down his neck and had wrinkles all over his body. After the apes had calmed down once more the dragon continued. “Tonight we begin a campaign to take our throne, as the supreme beings of the world!” The apes and dragons all began cheering for the mere thought of ruling the world. “For too long our races have been denied our throne, but know this! From this day forth the world is ours! We just need to eliminate the pests that stand in our way. Now march my brothers! March to Warfang and eradicate those that dare defy us!”
With one last cheer the apes began to march in the direction to Warfang. As Stone walked through the crowd he was given several salutes from the smaller apes that noticed him. He was shocked at first but gave a nod back to each of them and continued walking towards the dragon elder. Upon finally arriving he asked “where is Boulder, sir?”
The dragon looked down at him in curiosity. He examined Stone from head to toe and finally said “you must be Stone, Boulders grandson.” After getting a nod back from the young dragon he said “Boulder is currently not here. He is on a vital mission for our success so he will not take place in this battle.”
Stone dropped his head in sadness but quickly looked up and asked “forgive me for asking, but who are you?”
The elder chuckled and replied “I am Boulders father, Silas.
Shock spread across Stones face at the sound of that. “So, that makes you my…”
“Great grandfather? Indeed young one, you are of my bloodline.”
Stone’s face was still blank from shock until he shook it off and asked “may I take place in this fight?”
Silas looked down at him in shock. “You want to assist in taking over Warfang?”
“Yes, I have to. There is one more dragon that will help our cause in there and I don’t want her to be mistaken for an enemy and killed!” Stone said as he thought of his mate.
“Very well then. You will go inside Warfang, find your friend and open the gates for the apes. Our dragon warriors can easily fly over but the apes have a more difficult time getting through. Are you up for the task?”
“Yes sir!” Stone answered with a salute his grandfather taught him.
“Very well, fly back to Warfang now and complete your mission. We will wait until the gates are opened to make our attack.” Silas told him.
Stone nodded as he took off into the sky and flew back to Warfang.

Meanwhile Spyro and Cynder were beginning to get worried about Phoenus. He had not returned home since he ran away from Spyro and now it was getting dark outside. “Spyro, do you know where he went?” Cynder asked with a clearly worried voice.
“No, he just ran off. He could be with Granite or Blazelight.” Spyro told her, trying to reassure her and himself.
“He knows he needs to be home around this time. It’s not like him to be this late.” She said.
“I shall go look for him. Wait here in case he returns home.” Spyro said as he walked out the door. The first place he went to was his mother’s house next door. When she opened the door he asked “mom, have you seen Phoenus around?”
“Sorry Spyro but I have not seen him. Why, what happened?”
Spyro told her everything that had happened with Phoenus that day and her eyes were wide with astonishment. After he asked if she could help find him she wasted not time in saying yes. They both slit up and took different parts of Warfang. The next place Spyro went to was his cousin Flame’s house. After Flame opened the door he asked “have you seen Phoenus around? Is he here?”
“I have not seen him since I interviewed him.” Flame answered.
“Neither have I.” Blazelight told him.
“Well, he has not returned home yet and it’s getting very late. Do you know where he might be Blazelight?” Spyro asked.
Blazelight thought about it for a second then said “he might be at the gardens. That’s where he would usually go when he’s upset about something.”
“Very well. I will go there.” Spyro said as he turned around to walk away.
He found his way to the gardens and expected to see Phoenus sitting there but found no one. Getting more worried now he made his way to the last place he thought Phoenus would be at, Granite’s house. He knocked on their door several times but no one came to answer. As he walked away he heard someone shout “Spyro! Over here!”
He turned his head to see Gravel walking down from the other side of the street. He quickly ran to him and asked “Gravel, have you seen Phoenus around?”
“No, I haven’t, I’ve been looking for Granite. She has not returned home either.” Gravel answered.
“What? Do you think they could be together?”
“That is what I was hoping for but I can’t find her in any of her favorite places.”
“Lets just hope that wherever they are they are together.” Spyro said as he continued walking down the street.
Gravel joined him in his search throughout the city for several hours. After searching top to bottom and not finding any of them did Spyro finally say “they’re gone.”
“No, she can’t be. I already lost Stone from banishment. I can’t lose my second!” Gravel panicked.
“We will find them!” Spyro snapped at him.
Gravel was silent from his friend’s sudden snap. They went back to the top of Warfang and searched again.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:20:46 04/02/2011 by begorle01
#87 Posted: 03:20:20 04/02/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 24 pt. 2

Phoenus woke up suddenly after feeling the dragon he was riding suddenly land. He lifted his head and rubbed his eyes to clear them. Immediately he could tell that it was still night. “We have arrived Phoenus.” Boulder told him.
When Phoenus could see clear enough he gasped at the sight in front of them. In the distance he could see a wall of fire, stretching miles high and many miles beyond that sat an ice dome. “That’s where this dragon is at?” Phoenus asked.
“Yes, but I cannot get through that wall of fire, which is why you are here.” Boulder answered.
“You brought me all the way here to get through that for you?” Phoenus asked angrily.
“No, this dragon can help you Phoenus. He is more help to you than he will be to me.”
“He better, otherwise I’ve wasted this time for nothing.” Phoenus said as he got off of Boulders back and made his way to the end of the cliff they were on. “That wall of fire is really high, how am I supposed to go over it?”
Boulder chuckled a bit and said “you can’t go over it, it stretches up to the sky. No Phoenus, you must go through it.”
Phoenus looked at Boulder in shock. “But I will get incinerated!”
“Not if you use your powers to protect yourself.”
Phoenus looked back at the fire and then down at his chest. After several minutes of thinking he said “alright, I’ll do it. I’ll go through the fire.”
Boulder gave an evil smile and said “very good. I will be unable to join you, so you are all on your own from here on out. Good luck.”
Phoenus gave him a nod as he flapped his wings and took off towards the wall of fire.

Granite had been flying with her new friend Wasp for several hours. She could feel her wings getting tired but ignored them and flew on. Wasp could see her beginning to doze off and quickly flew underneath her as she landed on his back. “Rest now child, I will fly you to your love.” He gently said to her.
She looked at him really quick before letting her eyes succumb to her tiredness. Wasp continued flying and searched the area below for the dragon Granite had described to him earlier.

Stone landed just outside of Tallen’s window and immediately climbed in to see her still asleep on her bed. He quietly walked up to her and slowly moved his paw up from her back legs and to her head, gently rubbing it causing her to mumble “…Stone…” He smiled and licked her cheek making her wake up. “Stone? What are you doing here?” she asked in a whisper.
“The Earth dragons are going to attack the city tonight, I wanted to get you out of here.” He answered quietly.
“They are? Well, lets get out of here then!” she said as she climbed out of her bed and walked towards the window.
They both walked together towards the gate, where Stone walked up and knocked out the fires that kept it locked. A mole guard immediately noticed and ran towards him saying “what do you think you are doing? These are supposed to…”
The mole could not finish his sentence for Stone had taken his tail and smashed him into the wall killing him instantly. Stone looked at Tallen and said “I guess we started the battle!”
---
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#88 Posted: 03:45:59 04/02/2011
It took me quite awhile to read, but I gotta say, I'm liking it so far.
#89 Posted: 04:25:54 04/02/2011
Very good chapters.
---
#90 Posted: 04:33:04 04/02/2011
Post more plz.
#91 Posted: 07:06:09 04/02/2011 | Topic Creator
thank you smilie i most certainly will smilie

RotI ch. 25

An Unpleasant Fight

Phoenus landed several feet away from the inferno that stood before him. Being so close to the heat made him sweat insanely. He looked straight up and saw that there really was no way of going over it. He decided to try to shot some ice on it but it melted before even leaving his mouth. He then tried water but just got steam. “Well, there’s no way to put it out I might as well go through it.” He said to himself.
Phoenus closed his eyes as he focused on his light powers. When he built up enough strength he created a protective shield around him. He could immediately feel weak from using so much energy. Wasting no time he lunged into the inferno and walked in as much of a straight line as he could. He walked for what seemed like hours until his shield began to weaken. As the heat began to intensify around him he began to run towards where he thought the way out was. As the shield was a mere few inches away from being depleted Phoenus lunged and landed on dead grass. When he stood up he turned around and saw the wall of fire that he had just passed and was filled with joy from surviving that inferno. “Wait until Granite hears about this!” He said.
He turned around and saw the ice dome in the distance, many miles away. Phoenus was still weak from using so much energy, so he decided to lie down and rest somewhere away from the wall.

The lead ape looked into his telescope and saw the gates to Warfang slowly open. “The gates are open!” He shouted to the apes behind him.
They began cheering and marched towards the city. The earth dragons had flown in a bit earlier and were already on the wall, taking on the guard moles by surprise. The turrets were quickly destroyed and the defenses around Warfang were gone, leaving the city defenseless. One mole had escaped and ran off and quickly sounded the alarm, waking every dragon and mole asleep. Spyro was still searching for Phoenus when the alarm sounded. He and Gravel rushed down to the wall and saw the many earth dragons on the wall. “What is going on up there?” Spyro yelled to them.
One of them flew down and said “apes are on their way here sir.
“What? Why have our watchmen not noticed them earlier?” Gravel asked.
“They fell asleep until the apes were too close.” The green dragon answered.
Gravel growled before saying “go wake the other guardians! Alert the city that we are under attack!”
“Certainly master Gravel.” The dragon said with a bow. “But…” The dragon looked up at them with an evil smile. “… I do not follow your orders!”
Gravel and Spyro looked curiously at the dragon that stood before them. Before they could react the dragon lunged at Spyro and started biting his neck. Spyro fought with all of his might to get him off but the green dragon had a tight grip on him. Gravel smacked the dragon with his tail, knocking him off of his friend. He fell to the floor and held the little piece of purple skin from Spyro’s neck and spit it to the ground. Spyro clutched the part of the neck that was missing skin and was growling in pain. Their attacker chuckled before charging at them again, only to be met by Gravels claw to his throat. As the dragon fell to the floor dead Gravel got a closer look and saw a tattoo shaped like a rock on his right shoulder. “Spyro, this is the symbol of the earth kingdom!”
“The earth kingdom?” Spyro asked in pain.
“Yes, my father is the king of it, and he swore he would take over the world!” he told him. He looked back at the tattoo and said “but I never thought he would actually do it.”
Spyro looked at the wall and saw many more earth dragons in battle with Warfangs troops. “This is not right. Dragons should not be fighting each other like this.” He said as he watched the dragons fighting and killing each other.
Spyro was brought back to reality when he heard a cannon shoot over their heads. They both flew up to a part of the wall that was clear and looked in horror as an army of apes three times as large as the last one marched towards the city. “This will not be easy my friend.” Gravel said.
“Since when is war easy?” Spyro asked.
Gravel gave a quick chuckle as he looked down the wall and saw the gate open. “What is the gate doing open? Do they not know we are in a battle?”
Before Spyro could say anything A green dragon lunged onto Gravel from behind. Gravel quickly rolled him over and was about to punch his face in when he saw that it was one of his best guards. “Forgive me master Gravel, I thought you were an enemy.” He said in obvious fear.
“It is alright, just keep an eye out for a tattoo on their right shoulder and you will be fine.” Gravel said as he helped him up.
The guard gave a nod before running off to join some of his comrades in a fight. Gravel turned his attention back to the gate as he flew down to where the locks were while Spyro remembered something. “Cynder! She cannot defend herself!” he said before flying back to his home.
Gravel landed at the gate and walked up to it and started to close it when he got pounced on from behind. He quickly threw his attacker off of him and was about to attack him when he saw who it was. “…Stone?”
“Hello father.” Stone replied.
All Gravel could do was stare in disbelief at the sight of his son circling him. “…What are you doing?”
“I am fighting for a cause now, and you are in my way!” Stone answered as he swiped his claw at his father. Gravel just took the hit and fell to the ground. After several seconds he got back up and just stood there. Stone growled as he hit his father again, this time a punch directly in his left eye. Again Gravel just took the hit and fell to his knees and again rose and stood still. Stone growled again and said “fight back! Fight back you coward!”
Gravel shook his head and said “I cannot fight you, you are my son.”
Stone gritted his teeth in anger and spun around and hit Gravel with his tail on the head, knocking him over once more. Before Gravel could get back up Stone punched him under the jaw, breaking it in several places. Before Gravel went blank he whispered “…I’m so sorry.”

Spyro arrived at his home just in time to see a group of three green dragons break through their door. He ran in and shot up a wall of fire in front of his bedroom door just before they opened it. They turned and gasped in horror of the purple dragon standing in the doorway. “You were about to attack my mate weren’t you?” Spyro asked.
The bigger two dragons charged at Spyro but he quickly took them down and slit their throats, leaving the smaller earth dragon cowering in a corner. As Spyro walked up to him he said “please don’t hurt me! I was only forced to do this by them!”
Spyro could tell by his actions that he really didn’t want to be there. So, Spyro trapped him inside a block of ice. Satisfied with his capture he lowered the fire and walked into his room to see Cynder in a fighting stance. When she saw him walk in she ran up to him and hugged him tightly. “Oh Spyro, I was so worried for the baby!” she cried.
“I know Cynder, I know. We need to get you higher up in Warfang, we’re too close to the wall here.” Spyro said as he led her out.
“What is going on out there?” Cynder asked.
“The earth dragons have declared war on us. They have joined with the apes in this attack.” Spyro answered.
Cynder gasped and said “I can’t believe it! Why would they do this?”
“We don’t know, but hopefully the prisoners could tell us.” Spyro said as he led her up the streets of Warfang.
Cynder looked at Spyro and saw his neck and gasped. “Your neck! It…”
“I know, it was part of the surprise attack. I am fine though.” He answered. Cynder didn’t believe him but trusted her mate enough to know that he knew what he was doing. Once Spyro had gotten her to the underground tunnels, where the rest of the women and children were hiding, he said “I have to go back, stay close to my mother.”
“Spyro, be careful.” Cynder said.
“Of course my love.” He said before giving her a kiss and returning to the battle.
---
#92 Posted: 15:07:22 04/02/2011
Nice job.
---
#93 Posted: 16:43:08 04/02/2011
Epic! Can't wait for the next chapter
#94 Posted: 20:55:49 04/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Crazyspyrofan: thanks, and if you look closely i am making Stone based off of someone we both know smilie

SC7: thank you, i shall post more later.
---
#95 Posted: 21:51:53 04/02/2011
This is great.
#96 Posted: 05:01:24 05/02/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 26 pt. 1

A Close Call

Flame was escorting Ember and Blazelight to the tunnels when out of nowhere a group of four apes jumped onto Blazelight, pinning her to the ground. Before Flame could turn around and save her two green dragons landed in between them. Flame charged at one of them only to have the other head butt him in the side, knocking him onto the floor. While one of the dragons held Flame down the other began to walk towards Ember with an evil smile across his face. Ember, having no fighting experience, just backed away in fear. Flame knew the dragon’s intention and struggled to get up but the dragon on top of him held him down with his earth powers.
The apes on top of Blazelight were bouncing around on her, having fun with their catch. The apes were too many for Blazelight to push them off. Blazelight started crying as she looked at her father struggling to get out of his imprisonment. She made one final attempt to knock the apes off but the ape closest to her head took his club and hit her in the back of the head, knocking her out in seconds. As the ape pulled out a dagger to finish off the kill a black object came down from the roof tops and lunged at the apes, knocking them all off of Blazelight. Before they knew they were on the ground their throats were gushing out blood.
Meanwhile at the same time that was happening the green dragon chasing Ember finally caught her and tackled her to the ground. Ember let a scream out as the dragon stood over her, laughing evilly. Ember knew the dragon’s intention as well and tried to break herself free but like her mate her paws were held down to the ground by earth handcuffs. The earth dragon lowered himself down to her and was now growling with anticipation. “You will not like this.” He said into her ear.
Ember could do nothing but cry and scream, but she as drowned out from the sound of war around them. As the dragon prepared to penetrate her Spyro flew down and hit the dragon with his tail, knocking him off. When the dragon looked up and saw the purple dragon he growled before running off. Spyro landed next to Ember and released her from her imprisonment. She got up and immediately hugged Spyro with tears still in her eyes. “Thank the ancestors Spyro, I was so scarred!” she cried.
“I know Ember.” He said as he comforted her.
Ember then realized that Flame was still in trouble. “Spyro, Flame needs help!”
“No I don’t.” A voice said from behind Ember.
They both turned to see Flame carrying Blazelight on his back and a young black dragon standing next to him. “How did you get away?” Ember asked as she ran up and hugged him.
“Well, Shadow here killed the apes on top of Blazelight then managed to distract the dragon holding me down enough to break me free. From there we killed him and the one that was running away from here. Are you alright Ember?”
Ember calmed down a bit and said “I am now. If it wasn’t for Spyro I would have been raped.”
Flame turned to his cousin and said “I can never repay you enough for all of the things you have done for me.”
“You don’t have to repay me, we are family.” Spyro told him. He turned his attention to Shadow when Flame went back to hugging Ember tightly. “And who might you be?” he asked.
“My name is Shadow, I am a dragon in search of a home. I came to Warfang several hours before this battle started.” The black dragon answered.
“Well, we shall take care of finding you a home later, right now I want you to follow master Flame to the tunnels where the women and children are hiding. This battle is not safe for children.” Spyro told him.
“But I can help! I just saved that dragoness from those apes! I can fight for myself!” Shadow complained.
“Do you really want to help?” Flame asked him. After Shadow nodded he said “well, you can help keep the women and children safe, starting with my daughter.”
Shadow looked at the unconscious Blazelight and nodded. “I’ll do it.”
“Good, now let’s move before more apes show up.” Flame said as he continued to walk with Ember and Shadow following.
Spyro watched them as they left. When they turned around a corner he flew back to the wall, where he found Glacia fighting off a horde of apes. After freezing a couple she decapitated several that were running up to her. Three apes jumped up at her without her knowledge but were incinerated as Spyro flew over them. Glacia looked up at him and gave a quick smile before killing more apes running up to her. Spyro landed next to her as they got back to back. “How is the city doing?” Glacia asked as she hit some apes with her paw.
Spyro dodged a sword and shot icicles at its holder. “The earth dragons were getting in pretty deep but Flame and I took care of several of them.” Spyro picked up an ape that was diving at his head and smashed him into the ground. “The troops inside the city are slowly pushing them back. How have things been up here?”
“Just great. I don’t know how these apes have managed to get inside the city so easily. Our troops have been knocking down every grappling hook and ladder they use and yet they are getting inside the city!” Glacia told him as she knocked several apes off of the wall with her tail.
After Spyro finished electrocuting a couple of apes he looked out at the army of apes. He then looked along the wall and saw the gates opened. “I think I found the reason.” Spyro said.
Glacia withdrew her tail from an apes head as she stood next to him and looked at where Spyro was pointing. “Huh, I guess you’re right. Should we go take care of it?”
“I guess, I really would like to get some sleep tonight.” Spyro said as Glacia gave a slight chuckle.
They both flew to the gate and saw the massive amount of apes that were pouring into the city through the opened gate. The thing that caught Spyro’s eye most was Gravel unconscious on the side. Spyro pointed to him and Glacia saw immediately. “We have to get him out before he gets killed!” she said.
Spyro nodded and together they flew down and shot fire and ice into the apes around Gravel, being careful not to hit him. After doing one more fly by they landed next to their comrade and prepared to fight off the apes around them. One by one they jumped at the ice guardian and the purple dragon only to be met with a quick death. The bodies began to pile up around them until an earth dragon flew down and landed in front of them. He charged at Glacia but Spyro knocked him down and Glacia finished him off with her tail blade. “I really hate having to do this!” she said to Spyro.
“I know, but they are trying to kill everyone in the city. It’s your duty to protect the innocent.” Spyro told her.
“I know, but I never would have thought about killing other dragons.”
Spyro nodded and looked at the gate. “Keep Gravel safe, I will go lock the door.”
Glacia nodded and created a dome of ice over her and Gravel as Spyro flew to the lock and easily killed any apes around it. He lit the first torch then shot a fireball at the second one, killing other apes as well. As the locks began to charge up Spyro flew in front of the gate and pushed both doors shut and held it until the fire finally reached the center of the gate, locking it in place. With the rest of the army trapped on the other side Spyro turned to the apes that had managed to get in and easily burned all of them. After all of them were dead he went over to Glacia’s protective dome and melted it. She jumped a bit but calmed down after seeing Spyro. “Did you get it?” she asked.
“Yes, along with many of the apes.” He told her.
They both looked up at the sky as a horn was heard from the other side of the wall. Instantly the earth dragons began flying out of the city. Glacia and Spyro flew to the top of the wall and watched as the apes began retreating with the earth dragons flying over them. A cheer began spreading through the city, the Warfang dragons had won this fight.
---
#97 Posted: 05:01:43 05/02/2011 | Topic Creator
RotI ch. 26 pt. 2

Phoenus stood up after getting a couple hours of sleep and flew to his next location, the ice dome. He landed a couple of feet away from the ice and examined it. It didn’t seem like there were any tricks to it so he just simply released his fire breath onto the ice. After several seconds he stopped and saw that he didn’t so much as make a dent in the ice. It was so cold that it put out the fire before it reached the ice. Phoenus growled angrily and shot out an inferno at the ice. The flames were so powerful it tore a hole through the ice and blasted through the wall of stone behind it, leaving a hole big enough for him to enter. As he walked in he gasped at the castle underneath the dome. It was pure black with many evil designs around it. Phoenus walked a bit through the crystal field and saw many skeletons of apes lying around. He got a little grossed out and flew the rest of the way to the castle.
He landed on the first tower he saw and looked around. “Hello! Is anyone here?” he shouted but only got his echo to reply. He examined the other towers until he came across the tallest one. He saw a light on top of it so he figured someone had to be there. He flew up to the tower and looked at the source of the light. It was a white barrier emitting a pure whit light. He walked up to it and placed his paw on it and it began to shake. He quickly backed away as the barrier shattered before him, dissolving into nothingness. He looked at his paw and wondered how he could have possibly done that. Hen he looked back up he jumped at the sight of a giant yellow crystal containing something. He got a closer look and saw the figure of four beings. He didn’t know why but he had this feeling to hit the crystal. He thought about it again but decided that it was best to do this and hit the crystal with his fist.
Immediately the crystal began to form cracks and a blinding light was coming out of the crystal. Phoenus shielded his eyes from the light with his wing as he heard the cracks get bigger and louder until it all shattered, sending Phoenus onto his back. When Phoenus stood up again he saw two black dragons and two apes slowly getting up. The bigger of the two dragons looked at Phoenus, examining his body. After recognizing the horns and the tail he gave an evil smile and said “hello young one.”
---
#98 Posted: 16:59:31 05/02/2011
where did you get the idea of shadow a black dragon?
#99 Posted: 17:38:11 05/02/2011
Quote: darkspyro291
where did you get the idea of shadow a black dragon?

That's a very common name for a black dragon.
#100 Posted: 18:45:35 05/02/2011
still
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me