darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro the Dragon > a website that will take you back...
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
a website that will take you back... [CLOSED]
Sheep Gold Sparx Gems: 2009
#51 Posted: 21:28:04 04/11/2011
I don't blame StevemacQ for bumping this. I never knew this Spyro 1 site existed smilie
---
Baaah
My videos
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#52 Posted: 22:24:17 04/11/2011
Quote: LevanJess
^
It is? I was implying that people should quit demanding new games and annoying the creators to make some new ones when they should just play the ones they have. I wasn't saying anything like they shouldn't be able to give negative opinions.

Quote: StevemacQ
Why are you guys allows implying I'm causing some sort of flame war when I simply pointed out that an Insomniac Spyro website is still up despite the fact Spyro now belongs to Activision so therefore the former would be taken down.

You all gained up on me in my sleep especially CAViar Shepard and on a Classic Spryo message board instead of the Skylanders one.

For shame! =_=

That's pretty stupid, because the older games didn't belong to Activision, so why the hell would it be taken down?
And I'll tell you what everyone tells me: "Too **cking bad. That's life, kid."

@CAV
Well, if Activision is just out for money as you said, then I can understand why'd they milk it for money, although as long as they're still making good games (in terms of gameplay and such), than it's okay, right?
Although I remember what you said, MW3 isn't getting as much hype so far...

If Activision doesn't own rights to the older then what IF Sony suddenly decided to advertise the PS1 Spyro games on PS Store on television at the same time Skylanders is released as in Sony trying to out-stage Activision's Skylanders with the older titles?

I know it's not very realistic because Sony would be too busy but what do you think will happen next in terms of a business and legal stand point as Activision holding the rights to the name of Spyro?

Or even better yet, how about everyone stop yapping about Activision and Skylanders in a Spyro 1 message board and we all take this discussion back to the Skylanders one?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#53 Posted: 22:33:31 04/11/2011
Advertise old Spyro titles? Unless I misunderstood, Spyro 1-3 haven't been mentioned anywhere but besides the internet. Not very accurate. Besides, I don't see why Activision would be mad at that.

But I don't see a huge deal anyway. Activision owns Spyro's name now, but do they seriously have control of the older games which weren't made by them?

Same could be said to you, but I don't see any topics where it could be mentioned without making one. Besides, going off topic a little (as long as it's not role play) isn't a big deal.
---
but i love it all smooth
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#54 Posted: 04:03:19 05/11/2011

If Activision doesn't own rights to the older then what IF Sony suddenly decided to advertise the PS1 Spyro games on PS Store on television at the same time Skylanders is released as in Sony trying to out-stage Activision's Skylanders with the older titles?

I know it's not very realistic because Sony would be too busy but what do you think will happen next in terms of a business and legal stand point as Activision holding the rights to the name of Spyro?

Or even better yet, how about everyone stop yapping about Activision and Skylanders in a Spyro 1 message board and we all take this discussion back to the Skylanders one?

Why would Sony advertise that on TV?

Nothing will happen, since they aren't concerned. Besides, Sony doesn't own old Spyro. They own the PS1, which would include the games that appeared on it. Activision wouldn't be able to do anything.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:03:47 05/11/2011 by CAV
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#55 Posted: 11:39:46 05/11/2011
Quote: CAV

Why would Sony advertise that on TV?

Nothing will happen, since they aren't concerned. Besides, Sony doesn't own old Spyro. They own the PS1, which would include the games that appeared on it. Activision wouldn't be able to do anything.

I said what IF. The last line you said is pure epic win.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#56 Posted: 15:22:51 05/11/2011
You said "what if", I said "why would they"?

Nice to know that CAViar Shepard could make you happy.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#57 Posted: 16:16:04 05/11/2011
^
It is? I was implying that people should quit demanding new games and annoying the creators to make some new ones when they should just play the ones they have. I wasn't saying anything like they shouldn't be able to give negative opinions.

Why are you guys allows implying I'm causing some sort of flame war when I simply pointed out that an Insomniac Spyro website is still up despite the fact Spyro now belongs to Activision so therefore the former would be taken down.

You all gained up on me in my sleep especially CAViar Shepard and on a Classic Spryo message board instead of the Skylanders one.

For shame! =_=

That's pretty stupid, because the older games didn't belong to Activision, so why the hell would it be taken down?
And I'll tell you what everyone tells me: "Too **cking bad. That's life, kid."

@CAV
Well, if Activision is just out for money as you said, then I can understand why'd they milk it for money, although as long as they're still making good games (in terms of gameplay and such), than it's okay, right?
Although I remember what you said, MW3 isn't getting as much hype so far...

I've always been playing the games I enjoy.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#58 Posted: 16:34:24 05/11/2011
Me too, I always play them.
I haven't been demanding the creators to make new ones of them, though, which was my point in the last post.
---
but i love it all smooth
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#59 Posted: 17:43:50 05/11/2011
Me too, I always play them.
I haven't been demanding the creators to make new ones of them, though, which was my point in the last post.

Neither do I, what's the point of that? It's up to the developer or licenser to do that. I doubt if they will ever listen to one random person on whether to continue a series or not.

But then again, I suppose they do in a way, depending on how the sales are going on with the game series, and if there is a yearly contract involved like with Insomniac Games with Universal.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:44:49 05/11/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#60 Posted: 18:26:55 05/11/2011
I agree with you. Really pointless to keep pestering the developers about it. :l

That's true, though.
---
but i love it all smooth
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me