darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro the Dragon > a website that will take you back...
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
a website that will take you back... [CLOSED]
ccrogers15 Ripto Gems: 248
#1 Posted: 01:52:19 03/01/2011 | Topic Creator
Here is an archived version of the original spyro website:
http://web.archive.org/web/199...othedragon.com/
ClassicSpyro Green Sparx Gems: 488
#2 Posted: 03:51:06 03/01/2011
Wow, I never seen this site before smilie
---
~Classic &TLoS Spyro Fan~I love Ember and Cynder~Friends not Foes~
ElectricDragons Ripto Gems: 1138
#3 Posted: 04:09:45 03/01/2011
Holy ****!
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#4 Posted: 06:32:25 03/01/2011
Whoa! smilie
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#5 Posted: 09:30:24 03/01/2011
OH MY GOD!!! SO MUCH NASTALGIAH!!!!!
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#6 Posted: 11:02:23 03/01/2011
To be honest, Gnasty is kind of right to be laughing at the dragons for thinking sending him to their junkyark would end his terror. They should have just asked Princess Peach for advice.

And now it's a potion on the gems? I thought it was another spell.

And does anyone know where to find the site for Crash Twinsanity? Now THAT would be nostalgic. :3
---
Eh.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#7 Posted: 13:04:05 03/01/2011
Quote: ccrogers15
Here is an archived version of the original spyro website:
http://web.archive.org/web/199...othedragon.com/

Really awesome!
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#8 Posted: 15:41:37 03/01/2011
That is awesome.

Shame the screensaver doesn't work anymore though smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#9 Posted: 17:00:00 03/01/2011
The roiginal Site? Awesom-O
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#10 Posted: 21:09:23 03/01/2011
I wish I could have visited that site back in '98
---
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#11 Posted: 02:33:18 04/01/2011
I tried the quiz but it couldn't give me the results.

Awesome site.
SpyroPurple Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#12 Posted: 04:13:53 04/01/2011
Still looking burning gnorc, however though i did find one thing on the site for crash twinsanity. Its not much but a start.

http://web.archive.org/web/200...hbandicoot.com/
---
"May the ancestors look after you...may they look after us all."
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#13 Posted: 22:22:07 02/11/2011
I'm surprised Activision didn't take it down yet.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#14 Posted: 22:38:32 02/11/2011
Quote: StevemacQ

Can't you say something nice about it? Why put a downer on it, seriously, what was your reaction when you went to it?
---
#15 Posted: 22:47:27 02/11/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Can't you say something nice about it? Why put a downer on it, seriously, what was your reaction when you went to it?

You're not very far from me, are you?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#16 Posted: 22:50:18 02/11/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

You're not very far from me, are you?

What do you mean?
---
#17 Posted: 22:57:44 02/11/2011
You're fast responded to what I have to say in the message boards though I'm really annoyed by this to be honest because I'm not doing my usual rants that requires CAV to step in but don't tell him I said that.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#18 Posted: 16:53:42 03/11/2011
he will be able to read this you know..
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#19 Posted: 18:07:36 03/11/2011
Quote: LyraDragon

Who cares?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#20 Posted: 18:28:40 03/11/2011
Stevie, stop bumping dead topics. It's against forum rules. You've been reported multiple times now.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#21 Posted: 18:32:48 03/11/2011
Any old, dead topic that is Insomniac-Spyro related, Stevey will bump smilie
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:41:00 03/11/2011 by Aura24
#22 Posted: 19:15:08 03/11/2011
i never understood what bump is, but i guess its to post in old topics? right?
---
Team Drago
#23 Posted: 19:17:16 03/11/2011
Yes, but bumping old topics is against the rules unless the poster posts something related to the topic.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#24 Posted: 21:03:39 03/11/2011
Which none of Stevie's posts are. He just bumps these things so he can whine about Activision...in the boards where that's the last thing anyone cares about.
#25 Posted: 21:29:01 03/11/2011
ok so, i can post something in an old topic as long as its releated to it?
---
Team Drago
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#26 Posted: 21:52:33 03/11/2011
You're fast responded to what I have to say in the message boards though I'm really annoyed by this to be honest because I'm not doing my usual rants that requires CAV to step in but don't tell him I said that.

If you say something that I disagree with, I'll say it.

Plus, I'm on a forum to debate, to talk, to discuss. If you don't want me to do that, then please explain to me the purpose of a forum.

Quote: LyraDragon

Who cares?

You cared enough to tell someone not to tell me. smilie
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#27 Posted: 21:58:59 03/11/2011
Quote: Razz
Which none of Stevie's posts are. He just bumps these things so he can whine about Activision...in the boards where that's the last thing anyone cares about.

^ This.
I'd figure he'd get over the fact Activision has Spyro by now.
---
but i love it all smooth
#28 Posted: 22:03:13 03/11/2011
Quote: LevanJess

^ This.

I wonder what Spyro thinks of it all? Lol.
---
#29 Posted: 22:06:23 03/11/2011
Wow, that's a great point of view. smilie
That's be pretty cool to see what Spyro would think.
---
but i love it all smooth
#30 Posted: 22:19:00 03/11/2011
Wow, that's a great point of view. smilie
That's be pretty cool to see what Spyro would think.

Oh I was just being silly, but it would be great if Activision did some short advert about it, and you see Spyro sitting in a blank room or something.
---
#31 Posted: 22:29:56 03/11/2011
I'd love to see a Spyro short. I don't think he's ever had any?
Although I doubt they'll release one. :/
---
but i love it all smooth
#32 Posted: 22:32:45 03/11/2011
I'd love to see a Spyro short. I don't think he's ever had any?
Although I doubt they'll release one. :/

Yes, I know.
---
#33 Posted: 22:33:13 03/11/2011

^ This.

He still rants on about Bobby Kotick recently though.
---
#34 Posted: 22:33:49 03/11/2011
Why does he hate Bobby, anyway?
---
but i love it all smooth
#35 Posted: 22:35:56 03/11/2011
Cause of him making Activision's current reputation on ruining game franchises.
---
#36 Posted: 22:39:29 03/11/2011
That's what I thought, I hoped it wasn't because of the "greedy" thing (like most fans think) again, which I have an argument that can counter that.

Still, not a huge deal if you ask me.
I can't speak for other games cases, but Skylanders seems to be selling pretty well and getting good ratings so far, so I believe it's successful. I don't see Spyro getting "killed" any time soon.
---
but i love it all smooth
#37 Posted: 22:43:36 03/11/2011
It could be the 'greedy' thing some Classic fans say too.

Spyro getting 'killed' is only in the minds of fans who want to keep games the way they want want to be, same character designs, gameplay and such, and some think that nostalgia makes their lives fully complete.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:45:43 03/11/2011 by Aura24
#38 Posted: 22:45:30 03/11/2011
Why does he hate Bobby, anyway?

There's several reasons to hate Bobby, and for the most part, he has the same reasons as I do.

HOWEVER, hating Bobby isn't a reason to hate Skylanders. That's where he messes up.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:45:45 03/11/2011 by CAV
#39 Posted: 22:49:36 03/11/2011
I don't get the "greedy" thing.
1. Skylanders is hardly much more expensive from CoD, AC, and all the other stuff people are getting these days.
2. It must've cost a lot of money to make the toys.
3. What, do they expect them to get the game for free? It's called "business". Who's going to be more successful in business? The idiot who "cares" about others and gives them the game for free or a very low price, or the guy who actually puts a (if you want to say, expensive) price on the game and gets the money?

Agreed. That can go for LoS and Classic fans. It's so sad how judgmental people these days are, especially considering how pixels can't technically die.

EDIT:
And agreed, CAV, I mean, if you hate Bobby than okay, but you shouldn't automatically hate all the games he makes. :l
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:51:02 03/11/2011 by LevanJess
#40 Posted: 23:08:03 03/11/2011
The problem with Bobby is that he has openly admitted to wanting to exploit games that sell a lot of money, and focus on that alone. It's the reason why we would get CoD, Tony Hawk, and Guitar Hero on a yearly basis. But after a while, the latter 2 didn't sell well, so he stopped. He's still exploiting CoD (with MW3 out next week), and he's started to exploit Spiderman as well. Yeah, it's business. But that's no excuse to act this way.

That's why people hate him, and why people hate how Spyro and Crash is owned by Activision. They're afraid that he'll exploit those games as well.

But think about it: There is no Tony Hawk game this year. There is no Guitar Hero game this year. And MW3 didn't get as much hype as previous CoD games. So perhaps Bobby took the road that Sega did, and learned his lesson.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:08:28 03/11/2011 by CAV
#41 Posted: 23:16:01 03/11/2011
He admitted it? Really? I've never heard of that. Then, you're right, no excuse to act that way.
I wasn't just talking about Bobby in my last post, though, I was kinda talking about other things as well.

I heard about the Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk being "milked to death", but I never saw the huge problem. People hated the newer games of them anyway, so why's it a huge loss? It's like LoS or Classic Spyro: Quit wasting your time demanding new, better games and play the ones you have.
And I heard CoD is hugely successful?

Maybe he will. I have no idea on Crash's case, but Spyro's, isn't Skylanders selling well and getting good ratings? It seems to be successful, from my knowledge, so far, with the possible sequel to it (hopefully with the same toys).

I hope so, that'd be great.
---
but i love it all smooth
#42 Posted: 03:38:29 04/11/2011
I know you weren't just talking about him. But the bit towards me was my main focus. smilie

It was a problem. Tony Hawk, not so much. But there were 5-6 Guitar Hero related games in 2009 alone. It was definitely getting milked.

CoD is hugely successful. Both Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops are some of the fastest selling games of all time. Hell, Black Ops sold at least 5 million copies in the very first day of it's release, which is a world record.

Skylanders definitely has a chance of being milked. But the key word is "Skylanders", not "Spyro".
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:39:08 04/11/2011 by CAV
#43 Posted: 11:00:01 04/11/2011
Ah, I hope you didn't misunderstand that, I wasn't saying you were hating all of Activision's games.

I figured Tony Hawk wasn't a huge problem, but wow. 5-6 in one year? I knew there were lots of Guitar Heros, but I didn't know those were all released in 2009 alone. I heard that Guitar Hero was just the same thing over with different songs after a while?

Wow, CoD's more popular than I thought. That's good. It's not getting milked at the moment, is it?

True, I hope Skylanders doesn't get a million sequels and such.
Maybe some other company'll buy it off of Activision?
---
but i love it all smooth
#44 Posted: 11:27:58 04/11/2011
Why are you guys allows implying I'm causing some sort of flame war when I simply pointed out that an Insomniac Spyro website is still up despite the fact Spyro now belongs to Activision so therefore the former would be taken down.

You all gained up on me in my sleep especially CAViar Shepard and on a Classic Spryo message board instead of the Skylanders one.

For shame! =_=
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#45 Posted: 11:36:57 04/11/2011
Quote: CAV
I know you weren't just talking about him. But the bit towards me was my main focus. smilie

It was a problem. Tony Hawk, not so much. But there were 5-6 Guitar Hero related games in 2009 alone. It was definitely getting milked.

CoD is hugely successful. Both Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops are some of the fastest selling games of all time. Hell, Black Ops sold at least 5 million copies in the very first day of it's release, which is a world record.

Skylanders definitely has a chance of being milked. But the key word is "Skylanders", not "Spyro".

Aren't we getting a little off-topic there, CAViar? Why not talk about the website of Spyro the Dragon instead?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#46 Posted: 12:41:59 04/11/2011
^I like the website. What is there really to say? It's a website from the late 90s. There isn't much to do on it except read information that I've known for several years.

Why are you guys allows implying I'm causing some sort of flame war when I simply pointed out that an Insomniac Spyro website is still up despite the fact Spyro now belongs to Activision so therefore the former would be taken down.

You all gained up on me in my sleep especially CAViar Shepard and on a Classic Spryo message board instead of the Skylanders one.

For shame! =_=

We're not implying that you're starting a flame war now. We're implying that you've done it in the past, and that you bumped a topic. Please read the posts a little more carefully.

People would gang up on me when I was sleeping. Hell, people still do. I'm not bugged. It's not like we're surrounding your house with Portals of Power to throw at you.

Also, what's up with that nickname? I get the caviar bit (even though I'm not a rich snob), but I don't get how the Shepard part comes in. Is it because of my avatar?

Quote:
Wow, CoD's more popular than I thought. That's good. It's not getting milked at the moment, is it?

Yes it is. It's being milked more than any other franchise they have at the moment.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:43:08 04/11/2011 by CAV
#47 Posted: 17:34:24 04/11/2011
He admitted it? Really? I've never heard of that. Then, you're right, no excuse to act that way.
I wasn't just talking about Bobby in my last post, though, I was kinda talking about other things as well.

I heard about the Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk being "milked to death", but I never saw the huge problem. People hated the newer games of them anyway, so why's it a huge loss? It's like LoS or Classic Spyro: Quit wasting your time demanding new, better games and play the ones you have.
And I heard CoD is hugely successful?

Maybe he will. I have no idea on Crash's case, but Spyro's, isn't Skylanders selling well and getting good ratings? It seems to be successful, from my knowledge, so far, with the possible sequel to it (hopefully with the same toys).

I hope so, that'd be great.

@bold: Isn't that like saying you're not allowed to have an opinion, so stick to playing the ones you like and shut up?
---
#48 Posted: 20:39:46 04/11/2011
^
It is? I was implying that people should quit demanding new games and annoying the creators to make some new ones when they should just play the ones they have. I wasn't saying anything like they shouldn't be able to give negative opinions.

For shame! =_=

That's pretty stupid, because the older games didn't belong to Activision, so why the hell would it be taken down?
And I'll tell you what everyone tells me: "Too **cking bad. That's life, kid."

@CAV
Well, if Activision is just out for money as you said, then I can understand why'd they milk it for money, although as long as they're still making good games (in terms of gameplay and such), than it's okay, right?
Although I remember what you said, MW3 isn't getting as much hype so far...
---
but i love it all smooth
#49 Posted: 21:00:04 04/11/2011
^Activision doesn't take part in developing the games they publish. They simply put their name on it and ship it to stores. But yes, Activision does have a few talented developers
(Radical, High Moon, Raven, etc.).
#50 Posted: 21:01:39 04/11/2011
Oh! They do? I never knew that, I was told they actually made the games.
I've never heard of those companies before.
---
but i love it all smooth
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me