Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > The Hour of Darkness: War of the Worlds
Page 1 of 1
The Hour of Darkness: War of the Worlds [CLOSED]
Aura Dragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#1 Posted: 06:58:52 20/12/2010 | Topic Creator
A The Legend of Spyro/Pokemon Mystery Dungeon crossover fanfiction based off one of my many comics, but with a few twists.

First crossover I've ever done so hopefully I manage to balance it between the two sides.

Enjoysmilie

Chapter 1

The Charizard Guild was quiet, several Rescue and Exploration Teams had long gone to bed. Only a young yellow, mous-like pokemon with red cheeks and a lightning bolt-shaped tail, a Pikachu, stood awake in the room with his team.

"Why do I feel strange?" The Pikachu, Mathew, asked himself as he looked at the full moon in the sky, why do I keep having those weird dreams?

Mathew sighed and went over to his bed. "I should get some sleep" he said as he looked at the sundial on the wall. "Doduo will be up soon to give the wake-up call."

With that Mathew closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

“DO-DO-DO!” a loud call came from the doorway, causing a light grey bird with a white spot on its chest and it face, as well as a small dark grey crown on its head, a Starly, to fall off her perch on a vine and onto the ground with a loud ‘Thud’.

“Ugh…” the Starly, Star, groaned as she stood up “Remind me to tell him that next time if he’s going to wake us up to be a bit quieter so we can get some sleep.”

“We should get into the main room” A small light-blue penguin pokemon with a white face and a dark blue 'cape', a Piplup, named Alice said grabbing three scarves from the wall, a shining badge with a silver center was clipped to each one.

Soon several teams had gathered in the main room, talking about several missions and news they had heard about.

The chatter stopped as a bipeadal, orange dragon pokemon with dark aqua wing membranes, a Charizard, the guildmaster came out of a room, followed by a dinosaur like pokemon witha leaf on its head, known as a Bayleaf and a brown owl-like one, a Noctowl. These were the Charizard's assistants and friends.

Everyone’s attention turned to Charizard as he began to speak. “As of yesterday we have received rumors of strange things happening in several Mystery Dungeons and other towns and cities.”

Several teams began to murmur about the news. Some in panic, others in confusion.

“Do not be alarmed by this” Charizard continued “These are just rumors and there is no evidence yet that they are true.”

This caused the apprentices to calm down, some were still suspicious though.

“And that concludes today’s announcements!” Bayleaf exclaimed in her usual cheerful tone. “Now get to work” Noctowl said “those missions won’t pick themselves you know.”

The teams split up; some going to do there jobs in the guild, others going to the boards, into town, or on a mission.

Mathew went over to one of the several mission boards in the upper room of the guild. He had gone back to his team’s room to grab something, their bag. He saw his team members over by the board on the far left of the room, talking to another team, Team Solar, made by a forest green, lizzard-like pokemon with a leaf on its head, as well as its wrists, known as a Grovyle, named Lucar and a small turtle with a twig on its head, a Turtwig, named Kyle.

“Hey guys” Mathew said as he came over, “Oh hi Mathew!” Lucar said. Lucar was cheerful most of the time, Kyle was the same way but serious when he had a reason to be.

“So did you guys find anything?” Mathew asked curiously as he turned to his team, Team Poke-Pals.

“Yeah, I think so” Star said handing her team leader a piece of paper with her talons.

Mathew took the paper and began to read it:

My friend went into Lava Cavern with me and we became separated.
Mission: Rescue Chicorita
Difficulty: Medium
Restrictions: None
Reward: ???

“Sounds good to me!” Mathew said as he put the mission into the team’s bag.

“We should store some of our stuff first” Star suggested “Lava Cavern is a tough dungeon”

The team left and headed out of the guild and into the busy streets of Sinarah Town, their home.

Meanwhile, somewhere else in another world a shadowed figure could be seen in the distance.

A young Purple Dragon flew through the air; her rainbow wing membrane glowed in the sunlight.

Heather sighed as she flew, she was sure she was lost. “Ugh, I can’t believe I forgot which way home was.”

Heather touched the necklace she had made with a strange crystal she had found on her journey. It was a black diamond shape with a bit of blue in the center.

“I wonder what this thing is” She questioned aloud. Just then, a city came into view. “I made it!” Heather said speeding up “Warfang, The Dragon City!”

Heather quickened her pace as she flew towards Warfang. However, if she had paid more attention she would have seen the small black hole quickly growing behind her.
---
Story status- Skylanders: The Forgotten Elements- Chapter 11 is up ~ End of all Hope- Done

~Watch the Power of Aura~
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:21:09 26/12/2010 by Aura Dragon
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2 Posted: 07:36:38 20/12/2010
This is interesting, and you put Heather and Warfang in it.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#3 Posted: 18:53:48 20/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Thankssmilie

Yeah, I did.smilie
---
Story status- Skylanders: The Forgotten Elements- Chapter 11 is up ~ End of all Hope- Done

Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9866
#4 Posted: 19:37:16 20/12/2010
this is intresting. please continue. ^ ^
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
#5 Posted: 08:41:41 22/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Glad you guys like itsmilie

Chapter 2

Heather landed on the ground, the busy streets of Warfang in front of her.

"Hmm... its bigger then I remember it." She said, continueing her walk down the streets.

"Hey! Heather!" A voice called.

Heather turned to see a hyper electric dragon running towards her.

"Ian!" She cried as the dragon, now known as Ian, stopped in front of her.

"Boy its been awhile since you left." Ian said, stating the obvious.

"Yeah, it has. How are mom and dad?"

"They missed you. They'll be happy to know you're home though!"

"Well, seeya later Ian! I'm off to tell them!"

"Bye heather!"

Heather took off, heading towards the tallest building in Warfang. The Dragon Temple.

-------

"Well, here we are guys" Mathew said as he and his team stood before a large volcano.

"C'mon." Alice ordered, "Chicorita isn't going to wait forever you know!"

The trio entered the volcano, ready for anything.

"Man it's hot in here..." Star complained, panting.

"Its a volcano Star." Mathew replied, "What do you think the weather would be?"

The group continued a ways, until a orange, lizard-like pokemon with a flame on the end of its tail, a Charmander, jumpped in their way.

The Charmander oppened its mouth and breathed fire at the traveling pokemon.

Alice quickly shot a sphere of water at the flames, putting them out and hitting the small pokemon hard, making it fall unconcsious.

Once the Charmander was knocked out, the trio continued on their way.

A cry for help was heard from nearby, making the three quickly turn-tail and run towards where the cry had come from.

A small yellow-green pokemon with a leaf on its head was cowering behind four, angry, fox-like pokemon with six tails, Vulpix.

Star quickly charged at the Vulpix, wings glowing white with Steel Wing.

Alice followed suit and launched a streem of bubbles from her beak.

Mathew finished with launching a large lightning bolt at the attacking pokemon.

The three attacks together knocked all of the Vulpix out, preventing them from hurting the small pokemon they had surrounded.

Mathew walked over to the pokemon, most likely Chicorita, and held his paw out to her, showing that he meant no harm.

The trio and the Chicorita were eveloped in a beam of white light and were gone without a trace.

-------

Heather landed on the ground before the Temple before walking towards it.

"Home..." she said, happily as she walked through the doors of the large building.

Inside she was greeted by two dragons, one purple, and the other pitch black.

"Mom! Dad!" Heather cried, running over to the dragons.

"Welcome home Heather." The purple dragon, Spyro, said, nuzzling his daughter.

-------

Mathew and his team stood befor a small, mouse-like pokemon, its eyes were seemingly closed, yet somehow it could still see. Chicorita stood next to it.

"Thanks for saving my friend." The pokemon, Cyndaquil said to the trio, "take this as your reward. I don't really have a need for it."

The Cyndaquil passed a strange, crystal-like, stone with a swirl of red in the center to Mathew before leaving with his companion.

"What IS this thing?" Alice asked, tapping the strange stone.

"I don't know. It has a mysterious feel to it though."

"Might as well keep it. After all, it's a gift from Cyndaquil."

-------

Heather had curled up in a pile of leaves and wat examaning the strange gemstone she had found.

"I wonder what this thing is." She said, turning it. "It feels so magical and mysterious."

"I wonder what its for. If it is for anything really. Its probably just a stone that is rare."

-------

Mathew, like Heather, was looking at the strange stone he and his team had aquired and waslooking at it at all angles, curious as to what it was and if it was important at all.

"For some reason..." He began, "I feel like I'm meant to have this. As if I have been chosen for something."

Mathew put the stone down and closed his eyes.

"Then again, all new explorers want to be famous and known by all. It's probably just that. Isn't it?"

hope you enjoyed. and hopefully that chapter made sence to you all.
---

#6 Posted: 08:47:39 22/12/2010
Yeah, it made sense to me. It was good!
---
I draw stuff.
#7 Posted: 18:43:29 26/12/2010 | Topic Creator
New chaptersmilie

Chapter 3

Heather awoke to a familear voice and oppened her eyes to see a pink dragon with a dark red maw and purple markings standing before her.

"Hope!" Heather cried as she stood up, "What are you doing here?"

"Well... I came here to train and your parents wanted me to tell you that they were going somwhere, they didn't say why or where though.

"Well..." Heather yawned, "I'm going to walk around Warfang. I haven't been here for awhile."

"Ok!" Hope replied happily, "See you later then!"

------

It was dark, so dark you wouldn't be able to see your hand in front of your face.

However, despite the darkness, two figures stood, both shrouded in shadow.

"So, if we follow your oh-so-great plan we can both get what we want?" The first one asked, slight annoyance in its voice.

"Yes. Once they collide chaos will come to both of them. They won't know anything." The second one replied.

The first on smirked, "Perfect..."

------

As Mathew and his team walked out of the guild Mathew looked down to the stone he now wore around his neck, it had begun to glow slightly, then stopped.

The young Pikachu looked around him, a small, non-moving black dot high in the sky caught his attention.

He looked at it but it quickly vanished.

"I guess I'm seeing things," he said aloud.

"Hey Mathew! What are you doing?!" Alice's familear voice called, snapping Mathew back to attention.

"Comming!" He called, darting forwards, unaware of the strange presence behind him.

"If only that was the truth..." someone with a female voice sighed before flying off.

Gah, why are my chapters always so short? Meh, oh well. hope you enjoyed this filler chapter.
---

#8 Posted: 10:06:39 29/12/2010
I don't care if it was short, it was good.
---
I draw stuff.
#9 Posted: 19:40:12 29/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Thanks Bolt.

New chapter comming soonsmilie

By the way, if anyone has no clue what some things are let me know and I'll explain
---

#10 Posted: 20:36:36 29/12/2010
Okay, and I know what's going on. It's fine, I understand more than the average person I think.
---
I draw stuff.
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#11 Posted: 22:10:31 02/01/2011
I am in thinking this is good
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
#12 Posted: 19:23:11 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Sorry for the long wait of this chapter.I've been working on my other fanfics and the comics I have on another site.

Chapter 3

Heather walked through the streets of Warfang, not much had changed from the time she had left to now.

She looked at the gem that was still around her neck, an idea came to her.

"Maybe someone around here knows what this is." She said quietly to herself. Let me think... who here knows about legends, treasures, and lore..."

While deep in thought Heather bumped into someone.

"Sorry" She said as she stood up. "I should have been paying more attention."

"It's fine." The one that she had slammed into replied.

Heather looked at the one in front of her. its physical features couldn't be seen, only its shadowed figure.

It looked like a dragon but it had no visible legs. Its arms were short and so were its claws. Two feathered horns were on his head. his wings were triangular and always open as he hovered above the ground.

The strange 'dragon' must have seen something because it gasped and quickly took off; gone in the blink of an eye.

"Ok..." Heather said blinking in confusion, "what just happened?"

------

The dragon-like creature flew through the air quickly.

Was that gem I saw 'it'? it asked itself as it flew

If so... she is one of 'them'

------

Mathew had gone into town with his team, buying anything they'd need for the next day.

Many thoughts filled his mind. Thoughts about the gemstone around his neck.

"Mathew? Team to Mathew." Star's familiar voice echoed through his mind, bringing him back into reality once more.

"Sorry, I zoned out for a minute there." Mathew said in apology to his team mate. "What did I miss?"

"Well we're ready to go back to the Guild." Alice said as she came over from a store nearby.

------

Night fell early for some reason it seemed. But maybe it just had something to do with the long amounts of job teams had to do that day.

Many of the guildmembers slept peacefully. But one was not getting sleep at all as dreams filled his mind.

------

Mathew stood in a forest, all color from it was gone.

He walked over to a tree to see that raindrops wer suspended in the air motionless.

He heard a roar and a lare blue gem glowed in the forest. Around it light blue markings pulsed.

The scene faded and Mathew was in a deserted field. Black voids were visible all around it.

Like before a roar was heard and the markings of something became visible as they glowed.

Once again the scene before him faded, bringing him to a town that was greatlly distorted.

Again a roar came and markings pulsed.

Mathew was scared by now. What was going on? Was this a dream? Was it a nightmare? Or was it a warning? He couldn't tell.

Mathew's eyes snapped open as he jolted awake, panting.

He looked around him. He was in his room at the guild, his friends sleeping nearby.

Exhaleing slowly Mathew calmed down and closed his eyes once more.

It was a dream. He thought, nothing else

Hope you enjoyed that chapter.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have and I will answer them as best I can.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:29:17 12/02/2011 by Aura Dragon
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me