Quote: SuperSpyroFan
LOL, I think TLOS is crazy.

Sometimes it is...
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#52 Posted: 17:36:55 14/12/2010
I think the fans can be far more cazy than the games...
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#53 Posted: 18:13:19 14/12/2010
It's just so annoying that they changed Spyro so completley, I don't mind small changes, but actually changing the genre of the game messes it up in my opinion, really, that isn't nothing new to me. I'll give you an example, say for instance, Tomb Raider.

If you look at the Tomb Raider games between 1996 - 2003, they were the originals, then it went through a re-boot in 2006, they did not change the genre, it's still an action/adventure, and they basically just kept the same elements in the game, but just improved on them. Lara changed slightly, but not that much and I actually prefer the rebooted series to the old ones.

Spyro should have been like that, same genre, just improve on the story and the gameplay, add different things. I just think that they over did it in TLOS, or they were on acid or something.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#54 Posted: 18:46:03 14/12/2010
I agree with you except about the acid thing smilie
---
#55 Posted: 19:41:40 14/12/2010
There are a few things that I do not like about the Orignal/Classic games, but to me, they can be easily forgiven, as I still enjoy the gameplay. The things that I don't like about the Classic's are the bosses are way too easy for me, and the only boss I find epic is Ripto in Spyro 2. I also don't see much of Spyro's personality. There could have been cutscenes with Spyro and Sparx to show you how they got on...(I do have other bad points but I can't be bothered right now)

So in my point of view, there was minor things that needed to be improved on the Original series.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#56 Posted: 19:18:29 15/12/2010
Sooooo anyway, on topic.....

*starts strangling Cynder*
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#57 Posted: 20:22:49 15/12/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Sooooo anyway, on topic.....

*starts strangling Cynder*

*Creeps up behind you and starts to strangle you* smilie DUN DUN DUN!
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#58 Posted: 20:35:51 15/12/2010
I don't care what happens to teen Cynder, but I do if it's TEN Cynder. But now, I'm starting to grow off Cynder...
---
I draw stuff.
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#59 Posted: 21:13:48 15/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Actually, there is no "teen" Cynder since they didn't age inside the crystal. the closest official age we even have is during ANB/TEN they were twelve.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#60 Posted: 21:22:50 15/12/2010
Well, look at her. She doesn't look like a kid does she?
---
I draw stuff.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#61 Posted: 21:24:18 15/12/2010
It was a change in the designer. EL didn't pay attention to the storyline well enough.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#62 Posted: 21:24:25 15/12/2010
Physically, they shhould be twelve in DotD(at least by real world logic).
But chronologically, they are in fact, 15(as they have hatched from their eggs 15 years prior to DotD).

And people call them "Teen Spyro" and "Teen Cynder" because they LOOK like teens.
---
#63 Posted: 21:26:36 15/12/2010
Yeah, that's why I call them that. ELB messed the whole game up, Krome was way better.
---
I draw stuff.
#64 Posted: 21:27:47 15/12/2010
Yeah, they did. Krome did so much that EL didn't :/
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#65 Posted: 21:28:23 15/12/2010 | Topic Creator
True, chronologically they are. but they were trapped in a crystal meaning they didn't have the ability to age or do anything at all. so in a way they are still twelve. why they look the way they do is thanks to ELB.

EDIT: Krome was great! they had a ton more creativity then ELB.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:29:26 15/12/2010 by BlackNight12
#66 Posted: 21:31:12 15/12/2010
*Second time I have to post this*

Actually, in the "special" ending in TEN, you can see that Spyro, Cynder and even Sparx, are ageing in the crystal.
---
#67 Posted: 21:31:51 15/12/2010
No doubt. Look at their Legend of the Guardians game. You can fly at higher altitudes than what DotD had never dreamed of. Though I haven't played it, I've heard it is way better than DotD. That's why Sierra should have kept Krome...
---
I draw stuff.
#68 Posted: 21:33:43 15/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Ummmmm, sonicbrawler? how can you tell they are aging, I'm afraid I don't see it... and I have seen that many times.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:34:29 15/12/2010 by BlackNight12
#69 Posted: 21:34:33 15/12/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182
*Second time I have to post this*

Actually, in the "special" ending in TEN, you can see that Spyro, Cynder and even Sparx, are ageing in the crystal.

That doesn't look like that to me.....

If you look at the designer who drew the coverart for TEN, you'll see it looks like that artists work.
---
#70 Posted: 21:35:42 15/12/2010 | Topic Creator
There are actually several other scenes in the game where they are drawn like that.
---
#71 Posted: 21:36:49 15/12/2010
They are taller, Sparx is broader, Spyro's face looks more like the DotD one, wings are getting bigger, Cynder now has a bigger chest and curves....
And I'm not the only one who noticed. Just look at the first uploader comment!
Personally, I think of the crystal as a cocoon, rather than an ice like thing that freezes them totally.
---
#72 Posted: 21:38:16 15/12/2010
Nope, they just look like they're from that artist.

And seeing as we heard it direct from the producers mouth, that proves the point.
---
#73 Posted: 21:39:09 15/12/2010 | Topic Creator
There are several other scenes where they are drawn the same exact way.

examples would be: when you set out for the grove and it shows spyro flying there and where Spyro passes out and falls into the water after you beat Skabb. the same art style is also used when the chronicler tells Spyro the story of the dark measter and throughout that inire cutscene.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:42:03 15/12/2010 by BlackNight12
#74 Posted: 21:40:45 15/12/2010
If you want to put it that way, then we could say EL was going for THAT artist's style, rather than the in game one. (Which is an awesome style, IMO)
---
#75 Posted: 21:42:13 15/12/2010
But.... I don't think they look anything like each other, except the heads smilie;

Seriously, it's just a change of developers though.
---
#76 Posted: 21:45:26 15/12/2010 | Topic Creator
I'm competely sure they would have looked exactly the same as they did in ANB/TEN if Krome had finished the game.

anyways... can we get back on topic? :)
---
#77 Posted: 21:46:39 15/12/2010
I still think that Krome were going to make them look a bit older anyway. Even when compared to the other clips of that style, they still look a bit older.
---
#78 Posted: 22:56:34 15/12/2010
Maybe so but they wouldn't be so totally different. Also, if EL was going for that style, they really fudged it.
---
#79 Posted: 23:00:15 15/12/2010
Don't see what's wrong with it. If they were using it as a basis, they had to make it more realistic it would seem (for the next gen consoles).
---
#80 Posted: 23:10:57 15/12/2010 | Topic Creator
That's kinda what my problem was. I liked how the style of art was, not trying to be so realistic and more cartoony like ANB/TEN had and old Spyro had. of course even ANB and TEN were still more 'realistic' looking then old Spyro, but still...

what I'm trying to say anyway is that the old designs for Tlos felt more creative to me.
---
#81 Posted: 08:09:46 16/12/2010
In my opinion, I think that now people realise how bad DOTD is now, they are kind of bigging up Krome Studios a little too much, I didn't think that the level design was that great, pretty linear, to me, it just seemed that there was a passage you walked down, you come to an area to fight, then you go down another passage, then it's another area of fight, and it just seemed like that to me through ANB. Not sure, about TEN, I found it too difficult, I liked how Estranges Libellules developed their levels, they were kind of different to me, not all of them, the levels interested me, but it was limited.

I agree however that changing the designs of Spyro and Cynder were kind of stupid, I think the developers just wanted to see what they looked like if they were older. I think that both developers are just as bad really, even some parts of DOTD towards the end, you seem to get areas where you just fight and that's it, not much platforming or maybe even a puzzle to solve, just flying to one area to fight, and then to another to fight (I'm thinking of 'Burned Lands')
---
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#82 Posted: 09:46:05 16/12/2010
In my opinion, I think that now people realise how bad DOTD is now,they are kind of bigging up Krome Studios a little too much, I didn't
think that the level design was that great, pretty linear, to me, it just seemed that there was a passage you walked down, you come to an area to fight, then you go down another passage, then it's another area of fight, and it just seemed like that to me through ANB. Not sure, about TEN, I found it too difficult, I liked how Estranges Libellules developed their levels, they were kind of different to me, not all of them, the levels interested me, but it was limited.

I agree however that changing the designs of Spyro and Cynder were kind of stupid, I think the developers just wanted to see what they looked like if they were older. I think that both developers are just as bad really, even some parts of DOTD towards the end, you seem to get areas where you just fight and that's it, not much platforming or maybe even a puzzle to solve, just flying to one area to fight, and then to another to fight (I'm thinking of 'Burned Lands')

I have to agree
These games had a nice presentation,graphics and music...
but that was about it =/
I didn't like the TLoS games by Krome studios or EL (tho Krome was a bit better than EL,mostly for having a better visual presentation that fitted well with the story and characters,but the gameplay from both
were poor and repetative and DoTD was basicaly copying GoW style of gameplay and just pasted colourful dragons onto it...so yea,that was pretty lazy...)
They could've done it alot better,but we can't turn back time,and I doubt they would ever remake them...in fact the only Spyro game that should get(actually DESERVES) a remake is Enter the dragonfly.It was just unfinished but it had alot of potential to be good.
This is just my opinion ;3!

The LoS trilogy ended
The Destroyer destroyed himself by ramming into a volcano
Malefor kicked the bucket (don't....come...back...;seriously what will he plan to do then? '' THIS time I'm not gonna blow up just one planet,BUT the entire ****ing UnIvErSe!!11! >83'' *sigh*)
so did Ignitus but he became the new chronicler(lucky bastard)
All the other folks (somehow) managed to survive a planet shattering to pieces by hiding underground...............yay!
Spyro and Cynder are flying around in ecstasy.(dont stop me noowwwww...!! hurhurreferencehur "_" )
and
the Hermit remains lonely without visitors to emotionally scar :l

the end c:

Honestly I couldn't think a better way to end the LoS trilogy myself :/
#83 Posted: 17:11:16 16/12/2010
I agree with SuperSpyroFan and Kimbia.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:11:26 16/12/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
Faun Yellow Sparx Gems: 1291
#84 Posted: 18:29:20 16/12/2010
^This. I really hate her.

If they killed her off, then I think that she should have died whilst trying to do something on her own. You know, as if she is trying to be independant and do something without Spyro's help and she dies.
---
meguca /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
#85 Posted: 20:16:20 16/12/2010 | Topic Creator
In my opinion, I think that now people realise how bad DOTD is now, they are kind of bigging up Krome Studios a little too much, I didn't think that the level design was that great, pretty linear, to me, it just seemed that there was a passage you walked down, you come to an area to fight, then you go down another passage, then it's another area of fight, and it just seemed like that to me through ANB. Not sure, about TEN, I found it too difficult, I liked how Estranges Libellules developed their levels, they were kind of different to me, not all of them, the levels interested me, but it was limited.

Well, really people aren't really "bigging" it up. me personally I like Krome a lot better I'm not saying it's perfect either. the biggest thing people are talking about is the art style being superior and more creative then Dotd is (which I for one think it is).

In terms of gameplay, I loved ANB/TEN style (though not perfect) I just enjoy that kind of thing. but when speaking of all opinions most people just say it was better then Dotd. from my experiance and from what I have seen people don't really say it was great and Krome's GAMEPLAY was amazing. just the art really.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:23:17 16/12/2010 by BlackNight12
#86 Posted: 20:27:34 16/12/2010
I like Krome, but I personally do prefer their predecessor, Eurocom.

I like Krome's art style for LoS Spyro & co a lot more than EL (which went for a 'We've seen this style of game a million times before' approach).
---
#87 Posted: 20:33:35 16/12/2010 | Topic Creator
I like the art the best in the first four games (StD,RR,Yotd,EtD) and I like Krome's art too. but I think the first four games art was just as good, IMO.
---
#88 Posted: 22:13:10 16/12/2010
EL's style looked good graphics wise, but Iggy smiled constantly, the Guardians' feet were rounded at the bottom, Cynder was just a perve magnet, and Sarx was just ugly. And Spyro? Not horrible, but meh, not great either.
---
#89 Posted: 07:20:24 17/12/2010
I don't think that Spyro's design looks great with Krome or Estranges to be honest.
---
#90 Posted: 20:46:26 17/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Everyone has they're own opinions on what they like and what they don't like. as long as we can except that we should all be fine.smilie

However, I would like to get back on topic?
---
#91 Posted: 20:55:17 17/12/2010
I don't think that Spyro's design looks great with Krome or Estranges to be honest.

You hardly care about LoS anyway... Why do you keep posting in the Legend boards if you don't like them?

If Cynder died, the game would be more interesting to me. Spyro would be sad and he would have to carry a dead body around. Unless if she died in the Belt of Fire, she would have burnt up. I'll think of an idea. I think it would be better if she died in Malefor's Lair.
---
I draw stuff.
#92 Posted: 21:00:49 17/12/2010
Like this? smilie

---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#93 Posted: 21:01:33 17/12/2010
Quote: Bolt

You hardly care about LoS anyway... Why do you keep posting in the Legend boards if you don't like them?

Yeah that's what I was thinking myself. Why bother with the LoS if you don't like it so much that you want to rip it off from the face of existence? And yet, you still post, saying almost the same thing why you don't like the LoS and whatnot.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:03:50 17/12/2010 by Aura24
#94 Posted: 21:11:14 17/12/2010
Quote: Spyroo
Like this? smilie

Yeah, like that. Do you know how to do that?

Quote: Aura24

Yeah that's what I was thinking myself. Why bother with the LoS if you don't like it so much that you want to rip it off from the face of existence? And yet, you still post, saying almost the same thing why you don't like the LoS and whatnot.

It's pathetic in a way.
---
I draw stuff.
#95 Posted: 21:21:18 17/12/2010

And as I've said many times before, it's my opinion, don't get hyped up about it, get over it. If I feel the need to post my own opinion, then I will.
---
#96 Posted: 21:23:29 17/12/2010

And as I've said many times before, it's my opinion, don't get hyped up about it, get over it. If I feel the need to post my own opinion, then I will.

By repeating yourself saying that you don't like the LoS in a lot of topics, that most members already know that you don't like the new series?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#97 Posted: 21:26:12 17/12/2010

Yes, but you don't have to say it over and over you know.
---
I draw stuff.
#98 Posted: 21:28:36 17/12/2010 | Topic Creator
I must admit, you do tend to repeat yourself a lot though, SuperSpyroFan...
---
#99 Posted: 21:29:46 17/12/2010
Quote: BlackNight12
I must admit, you do tend to repeat yourself a lot though, SuperSpyroFan...

And almost all of us know you don't like the new Spyro. So why act like a parrot?
---
#100 Posted: 21:33:02 17/12/2010
Yeah, though we aren't trying to start a fight with you, Super. You just don't say it all the time, why not post in the Original sections?
---
I draw stuff.
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me