Page 1 of 1
This sounds quite familiar... [CLOSED]
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#1 Posted: 05:08:49 26/02/2008 | Topic Creator
Has anyone else noticed the Lord of the Rings theme in Ten? Look at these similarities:
1: The dream of of past events by the main character in the beginning. In the second LotR movie, the beginning is Frodo's dream about what happened to Gandalf in the first movie. And Spyro is dreaming of his fight with Cynder in the start of Ten.
2: The mountain of Malefor reminds me an awful lot of Mordor (if I spelled that right). The mountain there holds the eye of Sauron which is really his soul, just like Malefor holds the Dark Master's soul.
3: Both villains are supreme rulers of darkness just waiting to be resurrected and hold vast amounts of armored goons and THEIR leaders also waiting for this resurrection.
4: And last but not least, Elijah Wood pays both main character roles!!!
I wonder if Mr. Wood notices this, or maybe he inspired the writers of Ten to insert this theme... I dunno. Anyone???
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#2 Posted: 12:42:52 26/02/2008
Practically all epics follow the same basic formula and ALL narratives on the whole follow the same "Hollywood Narrative" formula. I've seen these similarities elsewhere aswell.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#3 Posted: 21:12:15 27/02/2008
oo oo pick meeeeeeeeeeeee my sis loves LOTR (lord of the rings)
and i love spyro yaaaaaaaaaay one thing we have in comman....................i think..........
Dark_Spyro999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4713
#4 Posted: 23:21:09 04/03/2008
You sound HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!
---
I is ded
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#5 Posted: 20:06:36 14/03/2008
I AMMMMM!!!!!
i just drank a sip of tango
tango makes me go so hyper that when my friends came to my house for my 11th brirth day they hide behind the bed while i had tango!

LOTR RULES!!

my sister did that......W....w.....WAIT!!!!!
I think Doom in elvish(lotr elf languige thing)is..........MALAFOR!!!!
Get it? mount malafor(the well of souls)
m...m...m....mount doom?(lotr place)!!!!1
MUMMY!!!
Glass Gryphon Gold Sparx Gems: 2686
#6 Posted: 01:43:55 15/03/2008
Also, the music seems to be somehow inspired by TLotR. But it's not just Spyro that seems to be influenced by the movies. Most of the million book related movies that involved war seems to have the same battle style like TLotR (ex: The Chronicles of Narnia, Eragon, etc.) I won't be surprised if someone would be voiced by Orlando Bloom and has that "serious mood elf" personality in the 3rd game...
EDIT: Also, The Legend of Spyro was kind of influenced by TLotR games too. Like the fury bar thing.
---
¡¡I love exclamation points!!
Last edited at 15:24:12 15/03/2008 by Glass Gryphon
#7 Posted: 00:15:03 18/03/2008 | Topic Creator
HAH!! Wouldn't it be interesting if Hunter was voiced by Orlando Bloom in the third game!!! Oh my goodness, and he seems SOO Legolas-ish in what little reference I have seen of the new him! They probably WILL cast Orlando for that part. Aw, it's just so perfect. This is SO Lord of the Rings. But... how did TLotR have fury bars?
---
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#8 Posted: 00:31:59 18/03/2008
I like TLotR! Long movie, though. But...I'm not really sure if Wood did that or not...smilie
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
Glass Gryphon Gold Sparx Gems: 2686
#9 Posted: 01:09:42 18/03/2008
Quote: SequoiaDragon
HAH!! Wouldn't it be interesting if Hunter was voiced by Orlando Bloom in the third game!!! Oh my goodness, and he seems SOO Legolas-ish in what little reference I have seen of the new him! They probably WILL cast Orlando for that part. Aw, it's just so perfect. This is SO Lord of the Rings. But... how did TLotR have fury bars?

Well, it's not really fury bars. Now that I remember, it's called "perfect mode". The thing is, when you attack of consecutive enemies, there is this circle that starts to glow white. When the circle is full, you can attack enemies swifter and better, and thus we get "perfect" attacks.
EDIT: Bwaha! I found a picture sample: From Gamefaqs
---
¡¡I love exclamation points!!
Last edited at 01:10:45 18/03/2008 by Glass Gryphon
#10 Posted: 23:26:17 22/03/2008 | Topic Creator
Oh that's right, there is a TLotR video game. I forgot. I haven't played it though, so I wouldn't know its connections to Spyro.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me