Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > The Legend of Spyro: The Curse
Page 1 of 1
The Legend of Spyro: The Curse [CLOSED]
Necro Red Sparx Gems: 85
#1 Posted: 21:05:49 26/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Five years after Malefor and Ignitus's deaths, and two years since Sparx disappeared. The loss of his friends has caused Spyro to go into a state of depression, making Cynder feel unwanted. When will he see that she's there for him?

Meanwhile, a strange force summons a creature said to exist only in legend. It's only a story... for now. Despite all he's going through, will Spyro be able to stop the monster from destroying his home?

Not everyone can survive...

---

So yeah, this is another Spyro fanfic for you. smilie I think you'll really like it, though. I'm going to try to post a new chapter every day, but I may or may not be able to, so bear with me!

The reason Sparx "disappeared" is because I fail at thinking up what he would say in different situations, so, well... Sorry Sparx fans.

Oh, and there is a creature in here called Raviente. Raviente does not, I repeat, does NOT belong to me. Raviente is copyrighted to Capcom!

However, Thrae IS mine. If you want to use him for your stories, PM me first so I can give you permission and info about him.

^The same thing goes for the Dark Lord. He's Malefor's son, but details on him so far are unknown... So far. If you want to use him, same thing as above.

OK, the first chapter will come soon!
---
"Looks like I've some things to do." ~Spyro
Runya_Isamu Gold Sparx Gems: 2014
#2 Posted: 05:27:59 27/11/2010
Hmm... sounds interesting! I like it so far!
---
Mah DeviantART account: http://runya-isamu.deviantart.com/
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#3 Posted: 21:25:01 27/11/2010
nooooo spyro get the rabbit foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#4 Posted: 00:05:02 28/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Okay, here's the prologue.

---

A small island sits in the middle of the ocean. A giant tusked serpent, the infamous Raviente, rises from the sea, causing geysers to explode. The beast rises up to meet his attacker, a brave warrior. The two fight for a long time. Finally, the warrior stabs Raviente in it's eye with his sword. The beast screeches loudly before falling, causing even more geysers to burst. The warrior is injured, but had prevailed. He sheathes his sword and mounts his tame bird wyvern before taking one last look at the terrible beast that had ravaged the world for so long.

Malefor's son, unknown to the world, approached the dead serpent not long after the warrior left. With a smirk, Malefor's son breathed a mixture of shadow fire and moonlight onto Raviente. The beast stirred, then rose, purple energy sparking from it's one good eye, indicating the Dark Lord's power.
"Now," Malefor's son, the Dark Lord, ordered. "Destroy the one who has killed my father!"
The serpent roared in to the night as it disappeared beneath the waves to begin it's journey to the Temple, it's only known purpose in life to obey it's new Master.

---

That's it so far. Sorry it's so short. The first real chapter will be up soon.

Also, if you Google image search "Raviente" you can see pictures of him. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:05:47 28/11/2010 by Necro
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#5 Posted: 19:59:34 28/11/2010
looks good! keep it going!!!
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
#6 Posted: 11:14:43 02/12/2010 | Topic Creator
The first chapter will be up later today, guys! Just hang on.
---
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#7 Posted: 21:18:25 02/12/2010
mmmmmmkay
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
#8 Posted: 20:36:59 04/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Ugh whenever I'm in the middle of writing the first chapter, something happens and it gets deleted... Sorry 'bout that. I'm not giving up just yet! ><
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#9 Posted: 06:29:48 05/12/2010
This is a great start, and hope you get the chapter up soon.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#10 Posted: 20:21:10 06/12/2010 | Topic Creator
OK, I'm going to try. Hopefully nothing screws up. *crosses fingers*

---

Chapter One

Spyro woke up the same way he always did. The morning sunlight was peeking in through the window, and the cool night air was warming up with the heat of the sun. Spyro sat up and yawned, showing all of his sharp teeth, then got up and stretched each leg in turn. He felt better than he had been recently, but wasn't sure why.

When he entered the room with the Pool of Visions to see if anything was going on, he noticed that everyone was already up. Cynder and the three remaining guardians were discussing something.

"Is something wrong?" Spyro asked nervously as he stepped closer.

Cynder jumped a little, but sighed when she saw it was only the purple dragon.

"Volteer was out hunting," Cynder began. "He couldn't find anything. All of the prey was gone! He couldn't smell a thing. All of the birds, the deer, even the rodents! They just disappeared off the face of the Earth."

The words struck Spyro like sharp claws, but he knew he couldn't panic, not at a time like this. He decided that Volteer would know more. Volteer looked shaken and was pale. It seemed as though he had seen more than what Cynder had said.

"Did you see anything strange?" Spyro asked gently. "Other than the disappearance of prey?"

Volteer hesitated, but nodded.

"Some of the trees were pushed over," he confessed. "By the way they splintered, something big was crashing through the forest last night. Some of the trees are scorched. Whatever had done that was in a fit of rage."

"It seems to me that something large came during the night and ate most of the prey," Terrador put in. "Anything big enough to do damage like that must need to eat a lot. Whatever it was could still be out there somewhere. Until further notice, no one may go off on their own. They should always have someone with them, agreed?"

Everyone nodded, Volteer with the most meaning.

Spyro felt a nudge on his flank and looked over to see Cynder there.

"I want to go check out those trees Volteer was telling us about," she said. "Maybe we could figure out what did it."

Spyro nodded and the two dragons made their way to the balcony, where they glided down to the forest.

It had an eerie feel, like something wasn't quite right. Nothing moved, not even the leaves. It was like a painful tragedy had shaken the whole forest into silence.

"Oh no... no," Cynder gasped, staring past a huge oak nearby.

Spyro looked over and nearly collapsed at what he saw. Every single tree was either scorched, splintered, or uprooted. What was worse, bones of all sizes littered the forest floor.

Cynder slowly approached a deer that was caught in between two trees. It's burnt body said that a fire had raged, and the deer had gotten trapped while trying to escape.

"Maybe it was just a fire," Spyro tried to reassure her. "That happens sometimes. The prey will come back."

"Then what about those?" Cynder argued, flicking her tail at a few young oaks that were lying on the ground, but did not have a singe burn. "And what about these?" She gestured to a group of small bones. "Those aren't burnt, something picked them clean! They have tooth marks!"

As if proving her point, a deep hiss echoed through what was left of the forest. Both dragons shivered, and without having to say another word they both flew home.

---

Sorry if it's a little short. Who can guess what caused the destruction? Look at the prologue if you haven't already read it to find out!
---
#11 Posted: 20:31:05 08/12/2010
I'm guessing the creature was the Raviente thing. That was a great chapter.
---
I draw stuff.
#12 Posted: 03:46:17 11/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Thanks. And yeah it was, but luckily for them Raviente didn't find the Temple, which is rather odd for a creature so big... But really, Raviente's size is comparable to, I don't know, a skyscraper? I mean really, this guy is huge.

*edit* Before posting the next chapter, I'm going to grab a thesaurus and redo everything Volteer says. Ah, the magic of the thesaurus. *end of edit*

Anyway, I'm glad you like it. Unfortunatly I've been pretty backed up but I'm going to try to post the next chapter as soon as I can. Eventually, anyway.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:09:41 11/12/2010 by Necro
#13 Posted: 02:22:25 18/12/2010
Okay, can't wait to read the next part.
---
I draw stuff.
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#14 Posted: 16:17:17 24/12/2010
This story is good.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me