Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
"Flying Anywhere" Confusion [CLOSED]
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#1 Posted: 19:14:20 25/02/2008 | Topic Creator
When it says that Spyro will supposedly "fly anywhere" in the upcoming game on the page for this site, I originally thought that there were going to be Super-Fly powerups for Spyro to go through and use to fly. But I heard HIR say on another page that it might be a magic like use. What do you guys think about this dilemna????
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#2 Posted: 19:23:08 25/02/2008
I think there will be some time meter or something... It would be boring just always fly arouns.

Same like Dragon Time
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
#3 Posted: 20:21:57 25/02/2008 | Topic Creator
Maybe......but what about the possibility of those Super-Fly Power-Up things???? It's not very likely that they'd put it in, but wouldn't it be cool to have this in the new game????
---
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#4 Posted: 21:20:41 25/02/2008
I prefer the idea of a flight magic meter. Actually the flight probably uses your normal magic meter.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#5 Posted: 22:39:48 25/02/2008
Quote: Twilight
I prefer the idea of a flight magic meter. Actually the flight probably uses your normal magic meter.

Which is what I suggested. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
DragonGod Green Sparx Gems: 221
#6 Posted: 23:43:34 25/02/2008
I hope flight time is limitless
---
no cause is lost as long as there is at least one fool left to fight for it
SPYROLUVR236 Red Sparx Gems: 79
#7 Posted: 23:45:18 25/02/2008
Quote: DragonGod

Ditto! Like dargon time but you can fly up to five minutes!
---
Spyro
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#8 Posted: 01:01:21 26/02/2008
When it says "free flight" it better be literal free flight, or else they're gonna be getting some hate mail.

Although, a dragon's flight shouldn't be magic; it should be actual flight.
#9 Posted: 03:56:11 26/02/2008
And it should be limited. smilie
---
Peacelovespyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2864
#10 Posted: 05:06:52 26/02/2008
Quote: Shrazer320

Well, it'a a videogame, and free flight with no limits would make it too easy. They should have boundaries, like you can't go out of the level, can't go to far up, etc, like in the original trilogy. Just so things don't get confusing and no one gets lost.
---
♥ keep moving forward ♥
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#11 Posted: 16:58:37 26/02/2008
free flight sould be in the dragon time bar thing
#12 Posted: 17:48:57 26/02/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Peacelovespyro

Well, it'a a videogame, and free flight with no limits would make it too easy. They should have boundaries, like you can't go out of the level, can't go to far up, etc, like in the original trilogy. Just so things don't get confusing and no one gets lost.

But in the original games, there were ways to get around this feature and jump out of the levels. If they include this feature in this game, then it'll only be a matter of time before you'll see many videos of people escaping the level, one way or another.
---
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#13 Posted: 18:49:09 26/02/2008
Quote: SilverDragon
I think there will be some time meter or something... It would be boring just always fly arouns.

Same like Dragon Time

Boring!? I think it would be funny!
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#14 Posted: 19:18:35 26/02/2008
Fly Anywhere scares me. Really. Not only is it REALLY out of character (it is a main trait of Spyro: he is NOT skilled at flying) but it is potentially uber game-breaking.

If you doubt that limitless flight could really break the game so much then play SMW and get the cape power-up. NOW tell me that limitless flight doesn't break a game.

If you are clueless as to what I am referring to, make some research and play one of the greatest classics in gaming, you worthless, ignorant punks.
Ross Gold Sparx Gems: 2159
#15 Posted: 19:47:52 26/02/2008
Was that last bit really neccessary?

Hmm, it could be an after-game unlockable, like the one at the end of GtG. But seeming as this is in the news on a site, I'm guessing not. A meter would be cool, but you guys that disagree with the idea are rather annoying. The game is scheduled to come out in atleast 8 months time.
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
#16 Posted: 21:19:15 26/02/2008
Quote: Zerodius
Fly Anywhere scares me. Really. Not only is it REALLY out of character (it is a main trait of Spyro: he is NOT skilled at flying) but it is potentially uber game-breaking.

If you doubt that limitless flight could really break the game so much then play SMW and get the cape power-up. NOW tell me that limitless flight doesn't break a game.

If you are clueless as to what I am referring to, make some research and play one of the greatest classics in gaming, you worthless, ignorant punks.

Super Mario World is an awesome game! But is effortless with the cape. Especially once you unlock the Top Secret Area level and can get as many feathers as you want. >.>
---
#17 Posted: 21:51:34 26/02/2008
If the game has a free roaming aspect, then the limited free flight might be useful. The levels will also likely be designed to enure that only specific areas allow for flight, like dense jungles, forests, swamps, magic effects and other environmental hazards. You'll also likely only be able to enter flight from specific locations such cliffs, mountainsides, high trees, thermal updrafts (whirlwinds), etc.
---
Last edited at 21:51:45 26/02/2008 by Twilight
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#18 Posted: 22:19:34 26/02/2008
Well I think we're getting the occasional free-flying stage interspaced among the main platforming sections, and as far as structure is concerned we may see a Star-Fox-64-All-Range-Mode-Style setup with this, which I feel would be a response towards the linear flight stages in A New Beginning and its criticisms concerning it.
#19 Posted: 01:07:51 27/02/2008
Quote: Rexy
Well I think we're getting the occasional free-flying stage interspaced among the main platforming sections, and as far as structure is concerned we may see a Star-Fox-64-All-Range-Mode-Style setup with this, which I feel would be a response towards the linear flight stages in A New Beginning and its criticisms concerning it.

Who can blame them... DO AN AWFUL BARREL ROLL, SPYRO! >.>
---
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#20 Posted: 01:26:27 27/02/2008
^ I never even bothered with the barrel roll unless I really had to. Just sped up, shot some stuff, then sped up again. they flight stages in ANB were kinda pointless.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#21 Posted: 01:27:36 27/02/2008
It's fun to DO A BARREL ROLL!
---
#22 Posted: 01:32:29 27/02/2008
I know, they are fun, but not needed very much in the game.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#23 Posted: 01:48:54 27/02/2008
If you don't constantly speed up/shoot fireballs... then they are very needed in the first flight. >.>
---
#24 Posted: 01:50:32 27/02/2008
Quote: Peacelovespyro

Yeah, I think it's OBVIOUS they'd give it invisible boundaries.

Quote: Zerodius

*gasp* I thought a reboot ment it did EVERYTHING the original did but a tad differently! [/sarcasm]

...They weren't the greatest to us all. And besides, that was a bit of a stupid statement since there are, sadly, people on this site who arn't even 10 years old!

Quote: SpyroxCynder
^ I never even bothered with the barrel roll unless I really had to. Just sped up, shot some stuff, then sped up again. they flight stages in ANB were kinda pointless.

They were immensly boring and slow.
ih8u2 lazy Fodder
#25 Posted: 02:42:46 27/02/2008
They'll probably just force you to walk using designated paths and placing collectibles and enemies on the ground for you to fight. In other words, you may be able to fly all you want but you'll get nowhere unless you walk the majority of each level.
#26 Posted: 03:30:26 27/02/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
It's fun to DO A BARREL ROLL!

Yeah, the barrel roll was fun to do. Although, it took me a while to do, actually. I still have trouble preforming a barrol roll. I enter the right buttons needed to preform the barrel roll, but it still doesn't do it regularly.
---
cynder96 Blue Sparx Gems: 537
#27 Posted: 05:07:20 27/02/2008
Free flight to me is saying 'Pointless fun and advantage on Bosses' I mean the flying part is just a quick way to get anywhere, and most of the bosses are earthbound. Something that I got into my head, is Cynder going to be able to fly to? If there is co-operative game-play then could Cynder follow you and fly? The concept art for TDH made it seem that way.
---
All things scabbed and ulcerous, All pox both great and small, Putrid, foul and gangrenous, The Lord God made them all.
-Monty Python
#28 Posted: 06:18:14 27/02/2008
I wonder if the fight setup will be anyhing like Drakengard, I hope not. Not that it was bad, it just wouldn't suit a Spyro game.

P.S. You could do a barrel roll in ANB? I just tapped on the fire button and watched my brother on the computer.
---
#29 Posted: 19:48:25 27/02/2008
I still say it will be like dragontime.
---
Spyro
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#30 Posted: 20:46:20 27/02/2008
me to
#31 Posted: 20:49:47 27/02/2008
I wonder what Cynder's Elemental powers are like when you co op play with her.
---
Spyro
ignitus Ripto Gems: 311
#32 Posted: 21:52:53 27/02/2008
Flight should be limitless! But the flight wil probaly end when you fly too high!
#33 Posted: 23:38:50 27/02/2008
I think there will be a limit for up to how high you can fly like in ANB.
---
Spyro
#34 Posted: 01:29:05 28/02/2008
Quote: Twilight
I wonder if the fight setup will be anyhing like Drakengard, I hope not. Not that it was bad, it just wouldn't suit a Spyro game.

P.S. You could do a barrel roll in ANB? I just tapped on the fire button and watched my brother on the computer.

A button on Gamecube, shift control stick to one side. Not sure about PS2 though. >.>
---
dancinkayley Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#35 Posted: 02:27:51 28/02/2008
I suppose if they do have free flight there would be invisible boundaries and probably some kind of limit for it. Maybe there might be a lot of flying monsters that are much more likely to hit you when you're flying or something like that. Or maybe there might be a lot of levels in buildings (which I doubt) or in forests where you have to weave around a ton of branches or something to get around properly.
---
All our base are belong to us.
I know joke old but who care.
#36 Posted: 04:26:16 28/02/2008
Quote: dancinkayley
I suppose if they do have free flight there would be invisible boundaries and probably some kind of limit for it. Maybe there might be a lot of flying monsters that are much more likely to hit you when you're flying or something like that. Or maybe there might be a lot of levels in buildings (which I doubt) or in forests where you have to weave around a ton of branches or something to get around properly.

invisible boundariessmilief course
limitsmilieossibly
flying monsters:yes
forests:would be nice
buildings:unlikely
fun:yes
---
#37 Posted: 04:28:21 28/02/2008

limitsmilieossibly

*record scratches* ?! where did those smilies come from?!
---
#38 Posted: 05:45:21 28/02/2008

limitsmilieossibly

*record scratches* ?! where did those smilies come from?!

First of all: NO DOUBLE POST.

Second of all: From not putting a space between the colon ( : ) and letters. smilie"
#39 Posted: 06:16:05 28/02/2008
I think I get it
---
#40 Posted: 20:33:33 28/02/2008 | Topic Creator

limitsmilieossibly

But if Spyro lives up to his past glitches, Spyro might be able to get around those "invisible boundries" after a while.
---
#41 Posted: 21:21:20 28/02/2008
Quote: SpyroGamer2008

limitsmilieossibly

But if Spyro lives up to his past glitches, Spyro might be able to get around those "invisible boundries" after a while.

Yes... but those glitches were achieved using swimming glitches or the double-jump bug in GTG... in this game Spyro has a phobia of water which scratches that out... and double jumping IS what he NORMALLY does as opposed to the single jump with the hover at the end. >.>
---
#42 Posted: 23:30:09 28/02/2008 | Topic Creator
True, but what about the flying glitches in the first Spyro game???? That could happen in the approaching yet-to-be-released sequel.
---
#43 Posted: 00:58:17 29/02/2008
True, but what about the flying glitches in the first Spyro game???? That could happen in the approaching yet-to-be-released sequel.

Those flying glitches will probably not be there. Remember, that was back on the PSX and we're on to the PS3 and Wii. And given the lack of glitches found on the Wii's TEN, I doubt we'll see anything on the Wii or the graphically superior PS3.
---
#44 Posted: 01:00:43 29/02/2008

Those flying glitches will probably not be there. Remember, that was back on the PSX and we're on to the PS3 and Wii. And given the lack of glitches found on the Wii's TEN, I doubt we'll see anything on the Wii or the graphically superior PS3.

Ya probley
---
Spyro
crashpro Gold Sparx Gems: 2027
#45 Posted: 07:09:48 08/03/2008
Probably you have a meter on your first playthrough, then on your second, you have an infinante amount of flying anywhere.
#46 Posted: 16:07:28 08/03/2008
Quote: crashpro
Probably you have a meter on your first playthrough, then on your second, you have an infinante amount of flying anywhere.

Or, to expand on that, unlockable infinite meter... like with Dark Spyro in TEN. >.>
---
#47 Posted: 20:24:51 08/03/2008
Quote: crashpro

Or, to expand on that, unlockable infinite meter... like with Dark Spyro in TEN. >.>

that would be fun. I could spend all day doing loop-de-loops in the air and such.
---
#48 Posted: 01:11:00 09/03/2008
That'd get boring in 30 secs.
---
Cynder 1500 Blue Sparx Gems: 819
#49 Posted: 03:18:15 09/03/2008
Quote: SPYROLUVR236

Ditto! Like dargon time but you can fly up to five minutes!

That's my theory. And same here!
---
http://CrystalWildfyr.dragonadopters.com/dragon_2353 Please help my lonely dragon!
#50 Posted: 04:45:52 09/03/2008 | Topic Creator

Yeah, but since I'm going to get the PS2 version of this game, there is that slight possibility of glitches occuring in it. As for the PS3 and Wii not having very many glitches in it, just remember this most important concept about video games: the more complex that the game is, the more prown the game is to glitches, no matter what system the game is played on.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me