Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Just One Step [CLOSED]
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#1 Posted: 03:36:57 10/11/2010 | Topic Creator
...Yeah... I couldn't resist making my already long fanfiction list longer. I'm not gonna say what it's based on yet, but here's the prologue.

Throughout the mountains the wind whispers
Just one step...and the path shall lead you home
In the depths of the sea, it is all I hear
Just one step...and dreams can come true
In the darkest of shadows, a light peaks through
Just one step...and you can reach it
Across the sunny plains, the birds chirp
Just one step...and life shall become wondrous again
Within the castle where the crown rests, he beckons me
Just one step...and I shall be whole again
Just one step...and my void will finally fill
Just...one...step...and the journey begins

Sounds kinda cliche', but meh. Anyone interested?
Fayveer09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9223
#2 Posted: 03:52:42 10/11/2010
It sounds pretty cool. The prologue has made me curious.
#3 Posted: 03:53:50 10/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Yayz! Now to think of the first chapter ( probably will post it tomorrow).
#4 Posted: 01:34:00 11/11/2010
Okay. Take all the time you need.
#5 Posted: 02:10:41 11/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Chapter 1: The Deal.

"Will you wake up...? Useless dragon..."

A soft groan escaped my lips, and I slowly opened my eyes, seeing nothing the voice could have come from. My eyes widened for a moment, and I immediately stood up, pain surging my frozen body as the blood woke up my muscles. "Who's there?!" I cried out, "Show yourself or I'll freeze this entire area and find you then!"

It was an empty threat. My body couldn't handle such a burst of power. I was too weak...

It appeared whoever spoke to me knew this, as well.

"Don't make threats you can't back... It will do you no good..."

"Please... What do you want?"

"...I just can't stand to see such a powerful creature like yourself rot away like this... You are much more than the mindless zombie people perceive you to be... I can help you regain your true form, and reclaim the power that is rightfully yours!"

"...What? How?! Tell me!"

"Heheheheh... I knew you'd be interested... First, you need to get out of this place...and make haste to the castle of old. Are you willing to take that one step and begin this journey?"

"Yes!"

"Then I have nothing more to say..."

Silence.

After a few minutes, I looked around the cavern. How was I supposed to get out? I was sealed here... I could vaguely make out a crack in the wall. Perhaps I could break it open... Slowly and painfully I walked to the area, my wings struggling to stay upward, but they continued to droop and drag against the ground. I winced at the pain it caused, but ignored it. I had to endure it every time I wanted to move...this wasn't any different.

I stared at the crack for a long while, not wanting to go through with what I was about to do. I raised both of my front paws, wincing as my weight shifted to my hind-legs. The claws on my paws lengthened and sharpened, my eyes on the crack. Then I brought my claws down on the cracks...

If I told you all it felt like my claws and even my upper body shattered like ice when my claws struck the stone, would you believe me? The pain was intense, but I kept clawing at the stone.

I can't explain it any further, as I was swallowed up in the ever-growing light and pain...

...Light...

I could see it again...

Note: Yeah... Anybody like this? Also, since I'm not ready to say what this is based on yet...anyone wish to take a guess? smilie
#6 Posted: 02:36:16 11/11/2010
Cool chapter. :3

And I have no clue what this story is based on yet. smilie
#7 Posted: 02:48:44 11/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Thanks. :3

Well, the game it's based on is only out in Japan right now, so yeah. smilie Next chapter I'll say what it is.
#8 Posted: 03:33:52 10/12/2010
Okay then. :3 *Waits patiently for the next chapter.*
#9 Posted: 05:23:01 08/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Yes, I know I'm just pointlessly bumping this, but I need to say this.

This is based on Pokemon Black/White. Based on pure speculation before the English games were released. Because of this, there will likely be inaccuracies about the character in question, but I'm going through with them anyway.

Now to get my thoughts together and continue this...
#10 Posted: 04:43:48 25/03/2011 | Topic Creator
k, here's a quickie. A serious quickie. This is based on Black/White, but the dialogue is vastly different.

Chapter 2: We Can Be Friends.

"Nacrene City Gym, huh..." the boy muttered, adjusting his hat. "Show some enthusiasm Blake!" the girl near him chastised, smacking him on the back.

"Ow! Okay, geez! I'M SO HAPPY WE MADE IT!!!"

"That's better. You first."

"Argh, Clair..."

Choosing not to argue, Blake approached the entrance, getting knocked to the ground soundly by a green-haired boy running out of it. He examined the two. "So we meet again, Blake and Clair. Tell me, do you have a dream? Of course you do. My dream... For Pokemon and humans to be truly equal, and for the world to be a better place...where truth and ideals do not clash... Where everyone is happy... Tell me, do you see the future I do?" N said, looking at them. Blake blinked, as if a car had just run him over. "Uh...maybe...I dunno..." Clair answered, stupefied. N seemed to prefer her response, as he looked at her.

"Perhaps you both can see the future... Clair, will you be my opponent? I want to speak to your Pokemon!"

With that, N threw a Pokeball, releasing a Purrloin. Clair shrugged, and grabbed her own Pokeball. "Reve, come on out!" she cried, releasing her Snivy. He looked at the Purrloin in disinterest, and used Growth as his Trainer told him to. The Purrloin opted sharpen its claws and attempt to Scratch, but he countered with a swift Vine Whip, injuring it quite bad. Reve then Tackled it, not giving it a chance to get back up.

"I see... This is vexing..." N muttered, as he got Purrloin back, releasing a Timburr. Clair called back Reve, releasing a Pidove named Vivienne. While her opponent wasted some time with Focus Energy, she struck with Air Cutter, and Quick Attack, the latter of which was countered by Low Kick. Vivienne crashed into the ground, looking hurt. Regardless, she got up and used Quick Attack again, defeating her opponent.

"I don't understand..." N continued to mutter as he released a Tympole, "These things...why? How many Pokemon think this way?!" A Blitzle named Kai had taken Vivienne's place, and countered Tympole's BubbleBeam with Shock Wave. N looked about ready to cry as yet another of his Pokemon cried out as it fell to the ground, out for the count. It hurt him so much to see them in pain, but this wouldn't have to be for much longer...

"I see...your dream..." N said, as he recalled Tympole, "It burns brightly... If only..." he stared off into the horizon, "I know what power I need. Reshiram and Zekrom... The truth and ideals... Unstoppable forces of nature... The world will change, and we can be friends!" With that, he walked off. "If he wants to be our friend, why doesn't he just ask like a normal person?" Clair asked Blake. "I dunno." Blake blurted out, still confused.

"Well said."

With that, the two walked inside...

Note: Likey or no likey?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:37:36 26/03/2011 by IsisStormDragon
#11 Posted: 02:40:18 17/04/2011
Me likey the new chapter . :3
#12 Posted: 01:05:41 18/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Thank you. smilie Oh, and Clair and Blake are the characters you play as in B/W, if it wasn't obvious.
#13 Posted: 00:08:30 31/07/2011 | Topic Creator
I'm bumping this so it doesn't close (I'm paranoid).

But, I have to make some info post, so...here.

This is sort of my idea for a third version, if I didn't state that already.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me