Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Original Spyro the Dragon References [CLOSED]
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#1 Posted: 23:05:12 07/11/2010 | Topic Creator
{Sorry if this has been done before, if it has then I didn't know about it}

What did you think when you heard these two references in this video game?

- Hunter
-The Valley of Avalar

I thought it was really strange how they referenced the original games, Avalar from Spyro 2, and Hunter is basically from the original series (apart from the first video game). At first, I thought the Valley of Avalar was going to be a re-designed level from the original Spyro 2, but in the end, I just thought it was because of the fact that it was Spyro's tenth anniversary.

So, what did you think?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2 Posted: 23:21:47 07/11/2010
That's probably why they did it. For his 10th anniverary. There are a couple of references throughout the LoS trilogy.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#3 Posted: 23:38:38 07/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Are there any other references apart from the two I have mentioned?
---
Jade Wolf Green Sparx Gems: 420
#4 Posted: 23:50:48 07/11/2010
Throughout the whole Legend series, there's the one in TEN when Spyro and Sparx are in the Ancient Grove and Sparx begins eating butterflies.
spyro16 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1710
#5 Posted: 04:46:25 08/11/2010
Honestly I thought I heard it wrong until I put the subtitles onsmilie Other than that I was paralyzed when I heard it. I somehow came 2 think that they were going 2 be remakes which basically they were.
---
Slendy's Shadow
i love smilie smilie and smilie
#6 Posted: 10:18:40 08/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Remakes? What were remakes?
---
Jade Wolf Green Sparx Gems: 420
#7 Posted: 12:41:44 08/11/2010
Quote: spyro16
Honestly I thought I heard it wrong until I put the subtitles onsmilie Other than that I was paralyzed when I heard it. I somehow came 2 think that they were going 2 be remakes which basically they were.

Are you talking about Avalar?
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#8 Posted: 16:27:11 08/11/2010
Yes, they had Avalar and Hunter back. ^.^

Notice the moles as well. There where numbers of moles in the classic Spyro games. The Professor, Blink, and all those moles you had to squish/bomb on Sgt. Byrd's level. And the trilogy still had gems and all. Just a different way of using them.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#9 Posted: 19:59:13 08/11/2010
I also noticed some cocky-ness in the LoS Spyro, just like the Old Spyro had.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#10 Posted: 00:31:36 09/11/2010
Yeah, well, at least ANB Spyro, he was quite cocky.
#11 Posted: 19:53:11 09/11/2010 | Topic Creator
I don't remember Spyro being cocky in the Legend series.
---
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#12 Posted: 20:31:20 09/11/2010
I always thought that Malefor's Lair was a refrence towards Gnasty's Loot... a bit unlikely but still.

I also thought that the Grublins were a refrence to the Gnorcs... for soem reason
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#13 Posted: 20:36:38 09/11/2010
What about all those switch character quotes in DotD? Also, in TEN, after the 1st fight with Skabb, Spyro had no real reason to chase him. He could of just flown off. Instead he decided to chase Skabb during flight and subsequently fought him.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#14 Posted: 22:39:07 09/11/2010
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Really? Most of the dialogue is said through the gameplay, mostly between Spyro and Sparx in a brotherly manner in ANB.

Spyro to Sparx about him having weight issues, "Weight issues huh? Well at least I didn't get turned into a lantern."

Spyro to Sparx when the dragonfly shows Spyro the catapult at Dante's Freezer, "Heh heh, I knew I brought you along for a reason."

Spyro to Sparx after taking down the blockade with the catapult, "That was a good idea. Glad I thought of it." When it was really Sparx who thought of the idea. :3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:43:06 09/11/2010 by Aura24
#15 Posted: 22:45:48 09/11/2010
Lol, I never played ANB. Now I want it even more! Just goes to show how diverse and balanced a character LoS Spyro is.
---
#16 Posted: 03:09:47 10/11/2010
You haven't? You really should! It has the most humor out of all three Legend games, I love it. And yeah, Aura gave some good examples of what I was talking about
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#17 Posted: 04:04:56 10/11/2010
Meh. Nothing is similar about them except their name. The rest is all different.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#18 Posted: 04:16:43 10/11/2010
I think there are somethings similar, not just in DotD.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#19 Posted: 18:04:02 10/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Really? Most of the dialogue is said through the gameplay, mostly between Spyro and Sparx in a brotherly manner in ANB.

Spyro to Sparx about him having weight issues, "Weight issues huh? Well at least I didn't get turned into a lantern."

Spyro to Sparx when the dragonfly shows Spyro the catapult at Dante's Freezer, "Heh heh, I knew I brought you along for a reason."

Spyro to Sparx after taking down the blockade with the catapult, "That was a good idea. Glad I thought of it." When it was really Sparx who thought of the idea. :3

Yeah I remember that now, it was quite funny at the time, but now it just gets on my nerves, lol.

I don't even remember Spyro being cocky in the first place really, not even in the original series, urgh, I don't know, perhaps I just don't pay attention to personalities in characters that much.
---
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#20 Posted: 18:53:05 10/11/2010
At the beginning of ANB Ignitus refers to the Year of the Dragon.
#21 Posted: 19:05:24 10/11/2010
In Spyro 2, was only cocky around Ripto. Although, in DotD, he was occasionally cocky:

"Move it, Cynder!"
"Watch and learn!"
"Try and keep up!"
"I've got 'em!"

Also, in TEN:
"Look out world!"
"Hey Sparx, you can come out now!"
"This one? I was on my own for the last one. AND the one before that!"

Also, in ANB (I watched some videos):
"Bring it!"

Also, he said something about Sparx being a nuisance in the ANB ending, didn't he?

I will probably get ANB via XBLM someday.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#22 Posted: 21:06:04 10/11/2010
I'd hardly call an appearance by Hunter and Avalar a reference, considering how COMPLETELY different they were.
The moles are also totally different.

Also, when did new Spyro show any cockyness? He had a bit of confidence in ANB, but other than that, I saw none or VERY little.
Any cockyness is really 'watered down' but the voice acting of Elijah. His voice is so gentle; there's no attitude, y'know? Also, random phrases spoken when switching characters is nothing compared to all the undeserved guilt he lays on himself. For example, he asks how he could let Malefor get free. YOU WERE TRAPPED! It wasn't your fault; it was either use the crystal or die, then the world REALLY would have been screwed. Not to mention the way he just lies down and wimpers when his friend is under someone elses control.
Also, as for only being cocky around Ripto, that's because ripto was his enemy. It seems to me that new Spyro is only 'cocky' (if you can really call it that) to his friends. Old Spyro:Brave in front of enemies; new Spyro:Rude to friends.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#23 Posted: 21:16:16 10/11/2010
Did you not read the "Bring it!" quote towards Cynder?

And Malefor getting freed kind of was his fault. He "carried the flame" remember? It was also Spyro who knocked down the Well of Souls.

Another cocky quote:
"I wouldn't miss it Gaul..."

Also, Spyro probably didn't fight Cynder and Malefor because he knew it would be a losing battle. Also, it was probably a thing of him not wanting to risk killing Cynder, should he defeat her. Chivalry, I guess.
---
#24 Posted: 21:21:15 10/11/2010
Yeah, it's so chivilrous to not hit a lady; it's SO much better to let her kill you and thus leave the world defenseless.

Also, no, I meant the move it Cynder and stuff like that.

As for destroying the well that was an accident, it's not Spyro's faul he fell in the beam and subsequently went evil, and being forced to use the dark fury. As for carrying the flame, I don't think Spyro had any Idea about that, did he? No, or else he'd have expressed concerns.
---
#25 Posted: 21:44:47 10/11/2010
Yeah, but he did realise that the events were partly his fault. He's being honest and admitting it.

I was just adding to the list of cocky quotes.

As I said, he would be fighting a losing battle. Did you see how far Cynder knocked him by simply slapping him or hitting him with her tail? Also, Malefor would of stepped in. He was also trying to listen to what Malefor was saying. The "nothing left to fight for" line was probably said because he realised he had actually been leading the world on the path to oblivion, and Cynder was all he had left, but she was turned against him. I think I would be pretty depressed if I had all that happen to me, all at once. And besides, it was just an all around cool scene. It was kind of a torture scene, seeing as he couldn't really fight back.
---
#26 Posted: 22:03:09 10/11/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I'd hardly call an appearance by Hunter and Avalar a reference, considering how COMPLETELY different they were.

Also, when did new Spyro show any cockyness? He had a bit of confidence in ANB, but other than that, I saw none or VERY little.
Any cockyness is really 'watered down' but the voice acting of Elijah. His voice is so gentle; there's no attitude, y'know? Also, random phrases spoken when switching characters is nothing compared to all the undeserved guilt he lays on himself. For example, he asks how he could let Malefor get free. YOU WERE TRAPPED! It wasn't your fault; it was either use the crystal or die, then the world REALLY would have been screwed. Not to mention the way he just lies down and wimpers when his friend is under someone elses control.
Also, as for only being cocky around Ripto, that's because ripto was his enemy. It seems to me that new Spyro is only 'cocky' (if you can really call it that) to his friends. Old Spyro:Brave in front of enemies; new Spyro:Rude to friends.

Maybe because you're so used to only one Spyro being cocky that you don't see the light sarcastic personality the new Spyro showed in ANB in your point of view.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:13:49 10/11/2010 by Aura24
#27 Posted: 22:43:02 10/11/2010
I found Spyro to be cocky in ANB and TEN. Sparx even called him cocky in ANB. Let's not turn this into a whole Old Spyro vs. New Spyro again, SpyroLUVA..
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#28 Posted: 22:47:08 10/11/2010
Don't forget the dodge-rolling in DotD! StD reference right there.
#29 Posted: 23:00:11 10/11/2010
And the wing shield in DotD too from AHT and ETD. smilie
---
#30 Posted: 23:03:44 10/11/2010
Now I want to go play TLoS and see if I can find any more references
#31 Posted: 23:05:23 10/11/2010

Maybe because you're so used to only one Spyro being cocky that you don't see the light sarcastic personality the new Spyro showed in ANB in your point of view.

Hardly; I've played all the LOS games and he's been the biggest topic of discussion here for years. Beleive me I am perfectly 'used to him'. Aura, why can'y you believe that some of us genuinely and truely DON'T like LOS? Why do you always suggest we're not 'used to it' or 'too used to' the old Spyro, or too immature for the darker combat based style? Plenty of us classic fans/non LOS fans enjoy dark games. I myself am a huge fan of American McGee's Alice. If you don't know it's a twisted version of the classic Alice in Wonderland.
http://www.ea.com/alice
So yeah, not only am I perfectly 'used to' the new Spyro, I enjoy violence, combat and dark non-kiddish themes. Not that LOS isn't kiddish but I think you'll get what I'm saying.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:09:34 10/11/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#32 Posted: 23:05:37 10/11/2010
In the Grove in TEN, Sparx eats some butterflys like the fotter in the original games.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:06:12 10/11/2010 by BlackNight12
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#33 Posted: 23:29:27 10/11/2010
I'm with NEW_SpyroLuva on this one, Aura. We don't all hate LoS because it's not the old Spyro. As I've said countless times, I hate LoS for what it is and that has nothing to do with the classic Spyro.
#34 Posted: 23:32:14 10/11/2010
As a matter of fact, I think I've said numerous times that I USED to like new Spyro pre DotD, and that the trilogy had MASSIVE potential, though I still liked old Spyro more.
---
#35 Posted: 23:34:11 10/11/2010
Yeah I remember that, before all those rowdy arguments back in 2009.
---
#36 Posted: 23:36:42 10/11/2010
What rowdy arguements exactly? You mean between fans in general or something I did specifically?
Also, I do still say that; about the potential I mean.
---
#37 Posted: 23:36:52 10/11/2010
I was in that boat, too. It's not LoS I hate (though I can certainly nitpick it into a little pile) but DotD (which had no redeeming qualities and made everything about LoS that was bad even worse).
#38 Posted: 23:39:42 10/11/2010
What rowdy arguements exactly? You mean between fans in general or something I did specifically?

I mean the arguments you started, about a lot of things related to DotD back in 2009.

I do admit that the LoS had a lot potential, but I don't hate it because of its incomplete status.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:45:32 10/11/2010 by Aura24
#39 Posted: 23:45:21 10/11/2010
I agree too. but if only Krome had finished the game and they took they're time with it.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#40 Posted: 23:46:09 10/11/2010
The merger between Activision and Sierra is to blame as well.
---
#41 Posted: 23:50:34 10/11/2010
Yeah that may have been a bad move, they should have waited until after the game was finished to merge the companys and not mess up the entire production of the game.
---
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#42 Posted: 00:06:31 11/11/2010
Dropping while flying was used in StD. Only, that was gliding...
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#43 Posted: 00:13:52 11/11/2010
Quote: Aqua-Dragoness

more like a copy of the dodge mechanic used in God of War (well pretty much the whole controling system of DoTD is similar/if not almost same
as GoW...)
oh look!
jumping in DoTD,that must also be a reference to Spyro 1 !!
maan why didn't I notice this before!!
#44 Posted: 00:51:00 11/11/2010

I mean the arguments you started, about a lot of things related to DotD back in 2009.

I do admit that the LoS had a lot potential, but I don't hate it because of its incomplete status.

I believe I stated opinons and such which were ill recieved by others. They could have left it all alone but of course that's so much harder than continual arguing in a topic you don't like.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#45 Posted: 01:05:56 11/11/2010
Quote: torok
At the beginning of ANB Ignitus refers to the Year of the Dragon.

HOW????
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#46 Posted: 01:12:47 11/11/2010
Aura, NewSpyroLuva, do we need to separate you two? I see so many threads that are fine until you guys inevitably butt heads and then the whole thread goes up like the Hindenberg, because you two can't stop picking at each other. Why don't you guys do the sensible thing and just ignore one another for a bit? When apart, you're both pretty reasonable fun people to talk to, but this constant bickering between you two is getting really old.
#47 Posted: 01:18:00 11/11/2010
Ooooo you guys are in trouble...

on topic: Not sure but the portal of convexity could be reference to the portals in the old spyro games.
---
#48 Posted: 01:19:30 11/11/2010
Quote: Razz
Aura, NewSpyroLuva, do we need to separate you two? I see so many threads that are fine until you guys inevitably butt heads and then the whole thread goes up like the Hindenberg, because you two can't stop picking at each other. Why don't you guys do the sensible thing and just ignore one another for a bit? When apart, you're both pretty reasonable fun people to talk to, but this constant bickering between you two is getting really old.

That made me grin for some reason.
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#49 Posted: 01:25:08 11/11/2010
Quote: Kimbia28
Quote: Aqua-Dragoness

more like a copy of the dodge mechanic used in God of War (well pretty much the whole controling system of DoTD is similar/if not almost same
as GoW...)
oh look!
jumping in DoTD,that must also be a reference to Spyro 1 !!
maan why didn't I notice this before!!

I won't deny.... That made me laugh smilie

But yeah. I don't think there were any true references or even easter eggs in DotD at all.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#50 Posted: 01:26:52 11/11/2010
Maybe not in DotD, but there definitely were in ANB and TEN.
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me