Page 1 of 1
What would you like me to do? [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#1 Posted: 21:46:35 03/11/2010 | Topic Creator
I am thinking on starting a special playthrough for DotD which involves me playing through the game without upgrading and only using melee attacks on enemies/bosses. But I have some questions for people who are interested in watching:

• Should I do it all in one sitting?
  • Should I commentate it? And if I do, should it be live?
  • Will I show the cutscenes?
  • Should I practice before starting? (If I do, you'll probably see less deaths.)

• And most importantly, would anyone actually watch it? You will find it on my YouTube account when I release it:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/so...82?feature=mhum

Just tell me what you think. I would like to make this enjoyable for other people!
    ---
    "My memories will be part of the sky."
    Spyros Dagger Yellow Sparx Gems: 1495
    #2 Posted: 22:23:51 03/11/2010
    I don't think you'll be able to finish by only using melee attacks. If I remember correctly, when Malefor brings up his fury shield the only way to kill him is by using your fury breath.
    #3 Posted: 22:37:39 03/11/2010 | Topic Creator
    Well, that will be my only exception. Fitting, seeing as it would be at the end of the game. I actually have practiced a little, and I think it might be possible, other than that final part.
    ---
    Spyros Dagger Yellow Sparx Gems: 1495
    #4 Posted: 22:45:42 03/11/2010
    It would still be very hard. I can't imagine fighting two hero orcs simultaneously with just the melee.
    #5 Posted: 23:08:44 03/11/2010 | Topic Creator
    I'm pretty good, and have some good strategies. Enemies will just take a long time, that's all. Trial and Error will be the order of the day! Malefor will actually be easy. The flying power attack does tons of damage to him! It should do the same on other enemies. So... think I should give it a whirl?
    ---
    Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
    #6 Posted: 23:20:24 03/11/2010
    If it is a challenge you what, do it hardcore; death = restart.
    SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
    #7 Posted: 08:09:15 04/11/2010
    I'd like to see that, it would be interesting, and a little different to a LP.

It's up to you if you want to do it all in one sitting, I'm not bothered, just play until you want a break.

Commentating is good, it's up to you if you want it live or not.

Maybe you should do a bit of practice just to get used to things for a while.
    ---
    Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
    #8 Posted: 20:11:23 04/11/2010 | Topic Creator
    Gwenio, that doesn't really make it harder at all. Just pointlessly longer for the viewers.

SuperSpyroFan, thanks for the answers. I may be starting it soon, but I may not get it all done. There will be a two week gap if I don't get it all done!smilie
    ---
    Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
    #9 Posted: 20:15:10 04/11/2010
    Sonicbrawler, it's called NUR (no-upgrade run), and some hardcor-players have vids on yt with GoW 1 or 2 on highest difficulty level and NUR. Really, this is hardcore! Zeus or Clotho Marathon without upgrades and on Titan Mode... Impossible. Good luck, dude. And if you beat DotD in NUR, try beating GoD 2 in NUR and Titan Mode.
    #10 Posted: 21:01:09 04/11/2010 | Topic Creator
    Did you read my initial post? I am doing a NUR run and a "only melee during fights run" in the one go. I was just saying that restarting the whole run because of death wouldn't make it harder. Just pointlessly longer for the viewers.

I only have GoW 3, and it isn't as good as everyone says. It's got great graphics and cinematics, but the gameplay takes too long to reach its peak, and even then, it's underwhelming. Outside of bosses, it's very repetitive. I haven't even bothered finishing it. I seen most of the cutscenes through my brother's run through the game. Both DotD and Sonic Unleashed beat it, IMO. I'm probably going to be flamed for saying that, but it's my honest, unbiased opinion.

I am also thinking on doing an NUR of Sonic Unleashed.
    ---
    FireFlight99 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
    #11 Posted: 21:12:02 04/11/2010
    I'd say you should break it up into seperate parts (Maybe three or four)
    Also, I think you should do commentary; it's easier to understand whats actually going on that way.I don't think it really matters if you show the cutscenes or not and you should probably practice before starting so that you know what you are going to say, just to make it more understandable for the people who are watching.
    ---
    Picture yourself in a boat on a river, with tangerine trees and marmalade skies~Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, The Beatles.
    #12 Posted: 21:16:43 04/11/2010 | Topic Creator
    Well, YouTube videos can only be 15 mins long anyway. I meant should I record everything at once. And by practice, I meant gameplay.

I may show cutscenes, as it gives me more to commentate on. :3
    ---
    #13 Posted: 22:29:35 04/11/2010
    I can't wait to watch your project, it should be cool.
    ---
    #14 Posted: 22:33:11 04/11/2010 | Topic Creator
    Thank you! I may start recording tomorrow!
    ---
    #15 Posted: 10:37:45 05/11/2010
    Awesome-itude-ness!
    ---
    Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
    #16 Posted: 16:54:32 05/11/2010
    Sonic, I know, you just didn't use NUR as a word smilie
    #17 Posted: 00:14:56 06/11/2010 | Topic Creator
    Sorry to anyone who was waiting for those videos, but I am going to have to delay them for at least another two weeks. I'm terribly sorry.
    ---
    Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me