Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Malefor's words...... [CLOSED]
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#1 Posted: 18:47:38 02/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Namely these:
Quote: GameFAQs Script
I'm sure you've been told that I was the first of our kind... but I assure you, there have been many. It has been the duty of our predecessors to resurrect the Destroyer and the Golems of the deep... to bring about the great cleansing. This is the true nature of our kind. Your destiny is to destroy the world.

How many people believe he was actually telling the truth here, out of curiosity?

I've actually believed him over Ignitus on this.... After all, the world was destroyed, and Spyro did cleanse it, but cleansed it of Malefor's evil presence, bringing forth a new age. And there was evidence that suggested there really was more than one purple dragon before Spyro. Thoughts?
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#2 Posted: 19:09:36 02/11/2010
Well, if there were more purple dragons, each should somehow destroy the Earth (with Destroyer or anything else), so Spyro's world is being "renovated" each 10 generations (or 100, I forgot). Wow.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#3 Posted: 19:42:42 02/11/2010
I believe him about there being many purple dragons, but I'm not sure about the destroying the world thing. I'll explain my reason later.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Exhumor Green Sparx Gems: 147
#4 Posted: 19:45:43 02/11/2010
I believe that the purple dragons destiny is to destroy the world and cleanse and rebuild it of it's new age.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#5 Posted: 19:55:37 02/11/2010
I don't know, it just confuses me.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Cynderfyre Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#6 Posted: 20:08:01 02/11/2010
I personally believ there were more, and that those spirts that dragged him into the crystal thing at the end are the past purple dragons.
I actually made a sort of fancharacter of a ghost of a previous purple dragon. So I believe it, I'd like to think it was true.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#7 Posted: 20:17:10 02/11/2010
I have yet to decide what I think about that. I'm really not sure. I hope they go over that in the next game, so we can see who was right. I was thinking maybe Malefor was trying to bring Spyro down, and persuade him that was his duty, to join Malefor. But I'm really not sure.

And I'm really not sure who those dragons were at the end of Dawn of the Dragon
Jade Wolf Green Sparx Gems: 420
#8 Posted: 23:02:55 02/11/2010
Quote: Darby
I have yet to decide what I think about that. I'm really not sure. I hope they go over that in the next game, so we can see who was right. I was thinking maybe Malefor was trying to bring Spyro down, and persuade him that was his duty, to join Malefor. But I'm really not sure.

These are my views as well.
spyro16 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1710
#9 Posted: 02:42:36 03/11/2010
I believed him cause in TEN the Chronicler even said there was more than one. In ANB Ignitus said every 10 generations a purple dragon is born so I believe him for these reasons.
---
Slendy's Shadow
i love smilie smilie and smilie
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#10 Posted: 03:14:37 03/11/2010
Quote: Spyroo
Namely these:
Quote: GameFAQs Script
I'm sure you've been told that I was the first of our kind... but I assure you, there have been many. It has been the duty of our predecessors to resurrect the Destroyer and the Golems of the deep... to bring about the great cleansing. This is the true nature of our kind. Your destiny is to destroy the world.

How many people believe he was actually telling the truth here, out of curiosity?

I've actually believed him over Ignitus on this.... After all, the world was destroyed, and Spyro did cleanse it, but cleansed it of Malefor's evil presence, bringing forth a new age. And there was evidence that suggested there really was more than one purple dragon before Spyro. Thoughts?

Same prophesy diffrent interpretations. Ignitus put it that the purple dragon would "leave a mark on his age". However, Ignitus was likely wrong in Warfang about there only having been two purple dragons (including Spyro), and the Chronicler in TEN (as I recall) hinted that much about purple dragons had been forgotten because it had been so long since the last one.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#11 Posted: 08:10:40 03/11/2010
I dunno. It doesn't matter to me anyway, because the whole game was confusing. I don't know what's true and what's not true. smilie
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9982
#12 Posted: 02:36:27 04/11/2010
What confused me was that after the "Ruins of Warfang" stage, Ignitus told Spyro that Malefor is the first Purple dragon, & Spyro is the 2nd purple dragon

Then, Malefor says "I assure you there have been many"

...wtf.....

I also believed Malefor over Ignitus
---
Twinkies and 2hus
X-heketchis Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#13 Posted: 03:20:11 04/11/2010
Now that I think about it malefor does seem to display words of truth...the "cleansing" may actully have made things worse
---
Never Leaving, Always Watching.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#14 Posted: 03:56:40 04/11/2010
Malefore is a lair the proof is the pudding
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#15 Posted: 03:59:17 04/11/2010
Witch he never had
---
#16 Posted: 04:01:54 04/11/2010
^ i lol'd
but anyways if there were many other purple dragons then how were not seeing bits and pices of the older worlds?
---
#17 Posted: 04:08:55 04/11/2010
The older worlds may have been buried or integrated to the new world...or if I were to over think it the cleansing may elimenate the inhabitance of the old one allowing newer creatures to take there place..who knows the temple may have been just a home to some past creatures

That or the whole things totaly atomized
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:16:02 04/11/2010 by X-heketchis
#18 Posted: 04:19:36 04/11/2010
^ good theroy
but also the chronicler said that the First purple dragon was malefor then that would make a One thousand year old dragon who has control overt all the books that have the entire dragon race history a lier? i dont think so but then again we again we dont the chronicelrs TRUE COLOR now do we?
---
spyro16 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1710
#19 Posted: 05:31:18 04/11/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
I dunno. It doesn't matter to me anyway, because the whole game was confusing. I don't know what's true and what's not true. smilie

^Agreed....2 confusing 4 me.
---
Slendy's Shadow
i love smilie smilie and smilie
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#20 Posted: 08:04:48 04/11/2010
^ What? This really doesn't make any sense, smilie.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#21 Posted: 11:44:55 04/11/2010
Quote: parisruelz12
^ good theroy
but also the chronicler said that the First purple dragon was malefor then that would make a One thousand year old dragon who has control overt all the books that have the entire dragon race history a lier? i dont think so but then again we again we dont the chronicelrs TRUE COLOR now do we?

It may be that there was more than one chronicler however the current one (before ignitus) may not have gone through all the books...only going through his one thousand years of...chronoclising(?) and he said not all the book where there so there could have been more purple dragon but that have gone unrecorded in the dragon archives...that said the chronicler may have been an enemy...as he tryed to purswayed spyro not to goto the well of souls which would have allowed a more succesfuly summoning of malefor....witch in turn would have given him far more power than spyro would be able to deal with as he may have still been in the chroniclers temple when malefor's army takes the island

Wall'o text...
---
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#22 Posted: 11:55:07 04/11/2010
Quote: Spyroo
I'm sure you've been told that I was the first of our kind... but I assure you, there have been many.

i have a answer for this part.
ignitus said theres only known to be 2 purple dragons.
malefor said there had been many.
im guessing malefor was trying to trick spyro into joining his side....i cant explain alot because im tired
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#23 Posted: 11:56:08 04/11/2010
^ I actually thought of that too. I mean, he has a short cut to the Well of Souls somewhere in his home, he makes Spyro have the dreams in the most dangerous places, like flying above a lake, and he tried to persuade Spyro not to go to the Well of Souls. And maybe he gave Spyro the ability to use Dragon Time so he would get frozen, allowing Malefor to take over the world while Spyro is stuck inside a crystal.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#24 Posted: 12:27:52 04/11/2010
^u saying the chronicler is malefor smilie
---
#25 Posted: 12:29:16 04/11/2010
Its possable..highly unlikely but possable
---
#26 Posted: 12:30:23 04/11/2010
I kinda doubt it
---
#27 Posted: 12:32:59 04/11/2010
Exactly why I said "highly unlikely"
---
#28 Posted: 12:39:09 04/11/2010
but i am kinda suspicious about what DarkCynder_543 said like knockingspyro out in the most dangorous places and about dragon time and such but i think the chronicler told spyro about the time fury thing to save himself from the night of eternal darkness or somethinglike the trapped thing in the ending.
---
#29 Posted: 12:48:59 04/11/2010
True the chronicler may have been activly trying to kill/trap him but I really don't see how the time fury(?) did not trap him the first time its used if he was
---
#30 Posted: 12:59:31 04/11/2010
and i think that he tried not to makespyro go because he didnt want him to be posessed by the evil there because he said "youll need a clear mind and a pure heart if u are to wistand the evil that consumes that place"
---
#31 Posted: 13:52:11 04/11/2010
It was ether run the risk of possetion or let malefor win
---
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#32 Posted: 14:46:58 04/11/2010
I actually believed him. There coul've been many purple dragons before, maybe they just didn't get around to destroying the world..

And besides, what does it matter if he spoke the truth?..
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#33 Posted: 19:04:26 04/11/2010
At first I assumed he was trying to mess with Spyro's mind, but now I have to wonder... smilie
#34 Posted: 19:38:34 04/11/2010
Thats the power of purwation...bleh the spelling changes every time
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#35 Posted: 19:49:53 04/11/2010
I don't think he was all truthful, more like he was part true but maybe without meaning to be. He said purple dragons will bring about the great cleansing and Spyro did clense the world of Malefor's evil. I think he also spoke of rebuilding the world, which spyro did. He certainly didn't destroy it though. I would also bet that there were more purple dragons, though I don't get why Iggy would lie about that. I also don't think they ALL intended world destruction, though they may have brought about some kind of HUGE change. Actually, about the destruction, it could be metaphorical. For example, Spyro 'destroyed' Malefor's world order of evil and chaos, and I wouldn't be suprised if the past dragons had 'destroyed' a trend of war, or poverty, or brought about world unity.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#36 Posted: 20:00:31 04/11/2010
I think Malefor was just making it up to scare Spyro and make him lose all of his hope of saving the world.
First of all, there were many things in the game hinting that Malefor was the first purple dragon.
Remember, the guardians had trusted Malefor when he was young. I don't think they would have trusted him if they knew what Purple Dragons were supposedly created to do (Destroy the World).. Had there been Purple Dragons before him, and had they been sent to destroy the World, Malefor would have never be trusted and taught by the Guardians in the first place, and a Purple Dragon would be considered evil and dangerous, instead of a special creature.
Jade Wolf Green Sparx Gems: 420
#37 Posted: 20:01:42 04/11/2010
But if he was the first purple dragon they wouldn't have known that.
#38 Posted: 20:10:33 04/11/2010
Huh???
#39 Posted: 21:20:36 04/11/2010
Quote: Jade Wolf
But if he was the first purple dragon they wouldn't have known that.

You mean how would they know if the purple dragon was special if there was only ONE and it happened to have four powers?
---
#40 Posted: 00:36:01 05/11/2010
I think Malefor was just making it up to scare Spyro and make him lose all of his hope of saving the world.
First of all, there were many things in the game hinting that Malefor was the first purple dragon.
Remember, the guardians had trusted Malefor when he was young. I don't think they would have trusted him if they knew what Purple Dragons were supposedly created to do (Destroy the World).. Had there been Purple Dragons before him, and had they been sent to destroy the World, Malefor would have never be trusted and taught by the Guardians in the first place, and a Purple Dragon would be considered evil and dangerous, instead of a special creature.

Yes its called "reverse phycolligy"
Malefore being*insert age here* how would that there were more purple dragons? Awnser that!
---
KHRoxas Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#41 Posted: 03:37:50 07/11/2010
Quote: Jade Wolf

These are my views as well.

^ Same thoughts here, really. I can't exactly explain it more than this.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#42 Posted: 03:47:25 07/11/2010
Quote: parisruelz12

Yes its called "reverse phycolligy"
Malefore being 200-300 how would that there were more purple dragons? Awnser that!

Answered it. That's how long ten generations are around, couldn't be bothered to figure it out exactly.

So, every 200-300 years, a purple dragon will destroy the world?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
cornys Blue Sparx Gems: 665
#43 Posted: 05:48:27 07/11/2010
For some reason I do think he's telling the truth. Ignitus and the guardians seemed to be a little deceptive.

Ignitus was hiding something that the other guardians might not even know about .. or it mainly involves him, I cannot tell which.
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
http://www.utanks.com/Referral.aspx?ID=241
#44 Posted: 06:25:40 07/11/2010
^ Yeah, I think Ignitus was hiding the many purple dragons, but I don't think that purple dragons were meant to destroy the world. As Darby said, I think Malefor was trying to persuade Spyro that he had to destroy the world.
---
I draw stuff.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#45 Posted: 08:12:05 07/11/2010
The great cleansing
those words just sound wrong to me.....
#46 Posted: 08:43:52 07/11/2010
I'll just ignore that...
---
I draw stuff.
#47 Posted: 18:27:12 07/11/2010
Why lie about there being many purple dragons? Ift makes no sense! Lying about purple dragons destroying the world, I get, but why try to save apurple dragon if he will only destroy everything? Also why would Malefor want to destroy him? If purple dragons really WILL destroy the world, why not try to train Spyro as his apprentice? Too many oddities and plotholes in LOS... Many dragons, yes (but why keep it a secret?) destined to destroy the world, no.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#48 Posted: 19:02:19 07/11/2010
Malefor saw Spyro as a threat remember? Spyro is a purple dragon too, and both of their powers are equally matched, but their motives are different.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:04:06 07/11/2010 by Aura24
#49 Posted: 21:48:45 07/11/2010
Yeah, he saw Spyro as a threat, and if Spyro joined him, he would be completely undefeatable. That's why he would lie about there being many purple dragons that were meant to destroy the world. I think it's possible that there were previous Purple Dragons, but I do not believe that they were meant to destroy the world, or else instead of being considered special, they would be considered evil and menacing, and Malefor would never have been trusted by the Guardians, which he was at one point.
#50 Posted: 22:11:36 07/11/2010
Not to mentions the fact that if a purple dragon egg were at the temple they'd have smashed it or elsewise be threatened by another evil.

I also agree with the first thing you said.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me