darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon > Do you dislike this game? Let's talk about it! :)
Page 1 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Do you dislike this game? Let's talk about it! :) [CLOSED]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#1 Posted: 05:03:21 29/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Hey! I'm on a role with these potentially flameable, "controversial" topics today. smilie

So I'll come clean with y'all: I don't actually hate LoS. Yes, I think it's pretty overwrought and so silly it's laughable most of the time, but I don't hate it.

Or...I didn't. Something happened in 2008 that would eventually change my mind (though I tried hard to like it at first, I really did). I think you all know where this is going.

So, who here likes LoS but thinks DotD ruined what little it had going for it?

(DotD fans, again, this isn't a topic to bash you. We all know you like the game and that's fine. This is a topic for the folks who literally have nowhere else to talk about their objections because, every single time they try to, someone feels it necessary to stomp on their opinions. If there's something about DotD that bugs you, feel free to bring it up here. This is a welcoming thread where people who want to rant can rant. Let's be nice to each other, please.)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:52:03 30/10/2010 by Razz
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2 Posted: 13:52:44 29/10/2010
Although I am a fan, there are elements of the game I don't like, so I will list them here, where it's safe to do so.

The mana bar is way too small at the beginning. The elements are what makes the combat so unique and fun in this game, so why do they make it so limited at the start?

Not enough unlockables. The fury armor is cool, but that's the only real interesting unlockable. They could of easily put in Dark Spyro and Cynder as playable characters. Also, it would of been nice to see an arena mode, as well as levels designed for co-op. Even if these things could not be done by release, they could of made DLC for Xbox 360 and PS3.

Although the combat was brilliant, there was some untapped potential in the system. They could of had team moves e.g Spyro using the chain to swing Cynder around. They also could have made a few more melee combos.

Online play would of been nice.

This one is a little nitpicky, but there are certain things I wish went differently storywise. Don't get me wrong, the story did immerse me, but there are a couple of things that could of made it even more immersive. But I understand why certain things may not have been done.

The artillery mole should of been a main character....

My current rating for this game is 9/10. If at least one or two of these things were done, it would be a 10/10.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
nintendofreak Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#3 Posted: 15:30:07 29/10/2010
Hmmm the fact that the wii version of the game is prone to completely freeze up quite often ruined it for me.
#4 Posted: 15:41:09 29/10/2010
LOL, I heard the Wii version was off! I was about to get it but then I found the Xbox 360 version. One of the best decisions I ever made!
---
nintendofreak Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#5 Posted: 16:09:21 29/10/2010
Yep exactly why I went and got a ps2 version of the game not long afterwards. Atleast this version has never frozen up on me.
#6 Posted: 16:16:59 29/10/2010
The Xbox 360 version has amazing graphics, so it's a nice bonus. It also has achievements.
---
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#7 Posted: 16:26:28 29/10/2010
I like ANB and TEN, and I hate DotD. It's nothing compared to old, good StD series.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#8 Posted: 19:00:19 29/10/2010
Quote: nintendofreak
Hmmm the fact that the wii version of the game is prone to completely freeze up quite often ruined it for me.

Wow, I've been playing the Wii version and it only froze up once - And that was my fault for trying to glitch the game smilie

Although I have a PAL copy, so....
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#9 Posted: 20:31:48 29/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Jeeze, that's pretty sad when even fans of DotD can't talk about the parts that bug them. Seriously. You guys need to stop being so scared of each other, especially over a video game.
#10 Posted: 20:36:17 29/10/2010
Were you refering to me? I just stated what I didn't like about the game. I just thought I would do it in this topic because I'm new to the site. I've seen Red Sparx people get flamed for posting stuff in the wrong section and stuff like that. I'm just trying to make a good first impression! smilie
---
#11 Posted: 20:54:39 29/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Yep, I was. smilie I think you're doing fine. smilie But I'm also disgusted by the people on this forum who have you so scared you can't even state your opinions. Again, this didn't happen before DotD came out, but ever since it's been released, I've seen Spyro fans do the nastiest things to each other. It's vile in every way.
#12 Posted: 21:45:36 29/10/2010
I'm not scared of fans, trust me! I live in a town full of Call of Duty and FIFA fanboys! But I do recall the forum rules saying you shouldn't post things in the wrong topic. And also, people don't like certain things popping up in certain topics. You of all people should know that! smilie

Yeah, it really sickens me and saddens me at the same time. I start loving my favourite childhood game again, fall in love(metaphor...DURRHURR!) with it's reboot series, go online hoping to find people who have similar opinions on these awesome games, and what do I get? ANOTHER divided fanbase! (Not to mention the fact that tons of the fans are idiots!)

You know, I've noticed an odd trend. Lots of big franchises, specifically ones starring anthropomorphic characters, always get a divided fanbase somewhere along the line...except Mario. Let me show you:

Sonic's fanbase divided at Sonic Adventure
Spyro's fanbase divided at ETD(I know it was a bad game, but still. It's ONE bad game in an otherwise great franchise.)
Crash's fanbase divided at Crash Twinsanity
The Banjo-Kazooie fanbase divided at Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
The Zelda fanbase divided at Wind Waker(over a FREAKIN' ART STYLE!)
The Final Fantasy fanbase divided at... actually, each individual game has a fanbase in this franchise!

...You get the idea. I could go on all day. The problem always leads back to two sources: NOSTALGIA and CHANGE. Whenever the slightest thing is changed in a franchise, people go crazy because their nostalgia for previous installments pretty much tells them to! It's funny but mostly sad! smilie
---
#13 Posted: 21:57:09 29/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Ah, okay, that makes sense now. smilie Yeah, that's just kind of common courtesy, there. I don't go to the SxC topics and I expect the SxC fans to stay out of my Elora topics if all they're going to do is whine. smilie

Furries bring the drama! smilie Actually, it's just games that are trying to be serious when they shouldn't be that do this.

I'm not sure if that's the case, though it certainly is part of it. I know all the new blood in the Spyro fandom that came in from DotD pretty much broke it for good.

In the case of Spyro, there were a few breaks in the fanbase.

Insomniac vs EtD - that one almost killed the whole franchise and people were justifiably angry

Insomniac vs. AHT - this really wasn't a big problem. Some folks just didn't like it as much but everyone was generally just glad it wasn't EtD.

Classics (Insomniac, EtD, AHT) vs. LoS (ANB/TEN) - there were fights here and there with this one, but it wasn't so bad all told. The main fault that this brought up was that a series which had previously been bright and fun-loving was suddenly dark and grim, which a lot of people weren't so keen on.

Classics vs. DotD - here's where the big rift happened. The flood of new fans that were a) fifteen and under, b) loud and tended to not have any sense of courtesy, and c) total perverts left a sour taste in a lot of fans' mouths.

ANB/TEN vs DotD - this absolutely cracks me up because it shows a massive failure on the LoS development team's part. A lot of people don't hate LoS because of what it is, they hate it specifically because of DotD. Same is true for a lot of LoS fans. People are either ANB/TEN fans or DotD fans and there is almost no middle ground.

TV Tropes isn't kidding when they say this series has a fractured fanbase.
#14 Posted: 22:56:36 29/10/2010
It's not actually a case of games being serious, except with Spyro. The Sonic, Crash, Banjo-Kazooie, and Final Fantasy fans are divided over gameplay more than anything. Crash and Banjo are still as humourous and cartoony as ever, and Final Fantasy was a serious franchise and still is. Zelda, on the other hand, is the opposite of Spyro... the graphics in Wind Waker were made cel-shaded, and the story a bit more light-hearted but still epic, but the gameplay and controls was the same, only there was a big Triforce hunt later in the game. Also, they added a boat. But Twilight Princess sort of fixed this division. As for Sonic, some of his games are serious(Sonic 06), some are lighthearted and funny(Sonic Colours) and some are a bit of both(Sonic Adventure, Sonic Unleashed). Most people are divided because they don't think Sonic transitions well into a 3D environment because of his speed. Some people don't like the gimmicks(Team system, guns, werehogs etc). Personally, the only bad 3D Sonic game was 06, and it was for the exact same reason as EtD.

Well, I myself am 15, but most of the bad fans probably are my age or under. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:33:35 30/10/2010 by sonicbrawler182
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5241
#15 Posted: 23:43:13 29/10/2010
Are you serious? Look at every topic ever and you'll find at least one DOTD hating post.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
#16 Posted: 01:29:55 30/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Yes, and all the rest of said posts in that topic are bashing the person who made the post. If you don't like this topic, ignore it. It seemed only fair that we have just one place where people who are sick of this game can rant all they want without being constantly belittled and shot down.
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#17 Posted: 02:31:08 30/10/2010
Can some one please answer this question? Why do you original fans act so mistreated?Original fans are pretty well off in most situations compared to TLoS fans.TLoS gets a lot more conterversey and a lot more hate then the originals will proboly ever get. I hear so much about how there are so many Legend fans who go out and do nothing but bash the original series. I haven't see the originals get flamed onced. I see TLoS get bashed almost daily though.

I've also heard people say about how there was no fighting before DoTD came out,which is wrong. There were plenty of fights within the fanbase even before TLoS itself came along. Anyone remember how much hate ETD got at first?
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
#18 Posted: 02:48:06 30/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Why do you assume it's only original fans who hate DotD? I actually am a fan of every Spyro game I've played so far except this one (and I'm pretty sure I'd be a bit more fond of it were it not for the hordes of nasty DotD fans I've personally encountered).

You don't get out enough, then. This forum is a fairly nice place, but most other places on-line (from art sites to other Spyro forums) contains a large number of LoS fans who can't let it go. Wait, no. Not LoS fans. DotD fans (because nobody in the anti-LoS thread is complaining about the "bashing", it's just here).

It's not being said here that there was no fighting before LoS. We all know there was (and, for the record, EtD earned it's scorn; that game needed to be finished before it was released).

Regardless, this has nothing to do with the actual topic of the thread, and it does in fact make my point for me. I asked DotD fans nicely to ignore this thread (the way most non-DotD fans ignore the flood of praise threads). We're allowed to dislike this game. If you can't handle that there are people out there who disagree with you, consider making your own topic about it or, better still, do the polite thing and just leave us to our ranting. We don't get much of a chance to do it these days.
#19 Posted: 02:57:33 30/10/2010
Quote: Razz
Yes, and all the rest of said posts in that topic are bashing the person who made the post. If you don't like this topic, ignore it. It seemed only fair that we have just one place where people who are sick of this game can rant all they want without being constantly belittled and shot down.

I'm fine with this topic, I just wonder if your question should be rephrased to be more logical.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
#20 Posted: 03:02:01 30/10/2010
Why do you assume it's only original fans who hate DotD? I actually am a fan of every Spyro game I've played so far except this one (and I'm pretty sure I'd be a bit more fond of it were it not for the hordes of nasty DotD fans I've personally encountered).

You don't get out enough, then. This forum is a fairly nice place, but most other places on-line (from art sites to other Spyro forums) contains a large number of LoS fans who can't let it go. Wait, no. Not LoS fans. DotD fans (because nobody in the anti-LoS thread is complaining about the "bashing", it's just here).

It's not being said here that there was no fighting before LoS. We all know there was (and, for the record, EtD earned it's scorn; that game needed to be finished before it was released).

Regardless, this has nothing to do with the actual topic of the thread, and it does in fact make my point for me. I asked DotD fans nicely to ignore this thread (the way most non-DotD fans ignore the flood of praise threads). We're allowed to dislike this game. If you can't handle that there are people out there who disagree with you, consider making your own topic about it or, better still, do the polite thing and just leave us to our ranting. We don't get much of a chance to do it these days.

Will you let me talk before giving me the boot? I wish DoTD haters weren't so touchy.

I know full well there are people who disagree with me,and I can handle it. Appearantly not many people have heard of a friendly debate. If there is somebody who has different opinions from mine I talk to them about it in a decent manner or I just ignore them. Too many times people try to just state their opinions in a nice way and it gets taken for immaturity and flaming when it's not.

I know there are some TLoS fans that hate DoTD,but the main part of DoTD's hate base is original fans.

I could quote multiple users saying,"DoTD ruined a peacefull fandom",I don't see how DoTD could of ruined it if there wasn't peace to begin with.

I saw your anti-LOS topic,I didn't post there becuase I had nothing to say about it,that is most likely the case with others as well.

Anyways, I just wanted to state my opinions. If you still feel offended then I'll leave.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:02:35 30/10/2010 by crazyspyrofan
#21 Posted: 03:10:45 30/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Oiy! The very first thing you did was come in her whining about original fans and demanding an answer to your question. I gave you an answer, so why're you complaining about that, too?

Funny thing about text on the Internet: you have no control over how people read it. Forums tend to be breeding grounds for fights caused by misunderstandings. Regardless, this was never a debate thread. This is a thread for people who don't like the game to let it all out. We already know why people like it, so this is where the people who don't like it can say so in as much detail as they will.

DotD didn't ruin a peaceful fandom, but it did bring a formerly mellow fandom to a crashing halt. Before DotD, you didn't see some of these massive flame wars that we have now. I'd also like to point out that I never saw anyone verbally abused and attacked viciously in this fandom before DotD came out (I'm speaking in this case of what happened to VioletDragoness, who was harassed because she created a fan character based on DotD Cynder, but I know of many other cases).

I'm glad you felt the need to state your opinions, but really, this wasn't the place for it. The first post says outright that we already know people like the game and we're fine with that but this isn't the place for them. This post is for the haters to hate without fear of being mobbed by everyone else.
#22 Posted: 03:21:59 30/10/2010
Oiy! The very first thing you did was come in her whining about original fans and demanding an answer to your question. I gave you an answer, so why're you complaining about that, too?

Funny thing about text on the Internet: you have no control over how people read it. Forums tend to be breeding grounds for fights caused by misunderstandings. Regardless, this was never a debate thread. This is a thread for people who don't like the game to let it all out. We already know why people like it, so this is where the people who don't like it can say so in as much detail as they will.

DotD didn't ruin a peaceful fandom, but it did bring a formerly mellow fandom to a crashing halt. Before DotD, you didn't see some of these massive flame wars that we have now. I'd also like to point out that I never saw anyone verbally abused and attacked viciously in this fandom before DotD came out (I'm speaking in this case of what happened to VioletDragoness, who was harassed because she created a fan character based on DotD Cynder, but I know of many other cases).

I'm glad you felt the need to state your opinions, but really, this wasn't the place for it. The first post says outright that we already know people like the game and we're fine with that but this isn't the place for them. This post is for the haters to hate without fear of being mobbed by everyone else.

My final post here,

I wasn't whining. It goes along with what you said,text is emotionless. You seem to think that I'm in a bad mood or being a whiny baby. Which I'm not. I just disagreed with something you said and wanted to talk it out in a friendly manner,that's all.I'm not sad,mad,or anything like that.

I could say more,but I guess I won't. Have fun hating,and see ya.
---
#23 Posted: 03:56:08 30/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Having to talk with folks who see no fault in DotD and are constantly trying to get me to see it their way (ignoring that I once did agree with them but no longer do for reasons they can't change) tends to put me in a bad mood. Having to defend my position yet again in a thread where I specifically said I had no interest in doing so and asked people to take that kind of talk somewhere else also puts me in a bad mood and colors how I read what they're saying.

That seems like it's for the best. I am, will, and thank you. smilie
#24 Posted: 05:03:06 30/10/2010
Hello?
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
#25 Posted: 05:13:09 30/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Heh, sorry Phantom. I was too busy ranting. smilie What question did I ask that I was supposed to phrase better?
#26 Posted: 05:15:30 30/10/2010
Does anyone else hate the game.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
#27 Posted: 06:48:01 30/10/2010
Quote: crazyspyrofan
I haven't see the originals get flamed onced. I see TLoS get bashed almost daily though.

I don't want to cause an arguement, but I'm tired of repeating myself to LOS fans when they say that. There's classic bashing out there too, one on the new video about the new game even. How you can miss it I don't know.

Back on topic, I'm being driven to insanity with the amount of plotholes this game has. I can't even complete the Catacombs without finding them D:
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#28 Posted: 07:34:59 30/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Phantom: Here's the questions from my first post.

title: Anyone else dislike this game?

third paragraph: "So, who here likes LoS but thinks DotD ruined what little it had going for it?"

I made sure to word everything as politely as I could given the subject matter. Given how I really feel about the game, I think that's pretty much as nice as I could be on the first post.

Spyroo: Ooo, ooo! Tell us! smilie It's been a couple years since I touched it and all I can mostly remember are over-arching details and nitpicks that have been ground into my psyche like dirt in an open scab by overzealous fans.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#29 Posted: 10:58:51 30/10/2010
I hate it because of all the fame it gets. I just don't see what's there to like about the game. It's just rushed, and all the features, which were supposed to be amazing, was just disappointing (especially the flying).
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#30 Posted: 11:01:19 30/10/2010
the only thing i dislike about this game is the character design.
#31 Posted: 13:57:39 30/10/2010
To anyone coming on to this topic to praise DotD, don't. I myself love the game, but I came here to state stuff that I didn't like about it. Maybe you everyone else should do the same, hence the topic title? This thread was made for people who have something BAD to say about the game. If you have something GOOD to say, there is a topic titled "who lovesssss dawn of the dragon" not far below this topic. There is even a "sticky" reviews thread. Praise the game there, not here. The fanbase divisions are actually irrelevant to this topic. Whether there is a huge division or not, there will always be people who don't like the game, or at least don't like certain things about it. It's as the old saying goes:
[User Posted Image]

I am saying this on behalf of the people who don't like this game, even though I am not one of them. You guys are entitled to your opinions!smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:36:43 30/10/2010 by sonicbrawler182
#32 Posted: 17:13:21 30/10/2010
Well yes, but it's a question that already has an answer therefore would work better as a ztatement. Just saying.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
#33 Posted: 21:53:55 30/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Oh for the love of... *eye roll* Y'know, Phantom, a forum isn't the place to get all up tight about the English language. If the way I worded my title upsets you, you should probably leave now because there are a lot worse abuses of English here than this. I fixed the title, though, since you can't seem to let it go. Now BOT, please!

sonicbrawler182, you're officially the coolest DotD fan I've ever met. smilie Heh, I should make a "haters gonna hate" thing with Spyro. smilie
#34 Posted: 22:24:35 30/10/2010
Aww, thanks! I just thought I would let help keep this topic in order. You seemed like you were getting annoyed.

Although DotD is one of my favourite videogames, I'm fine with others thinking differently. This thread is for people to express things they don't like about the game. Even I can point out flaws in it. No game is perfect. The flaws a game may have will be more significant to different people. People will see certain things as a major flaw, others won't mind it. It's simply a matter of preference. People will always experience things from a different perspective. Nobody can change that.
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#35 Posted: 22:28:52 30/10/2010
I found the fighting to get tedious after a while.
The game pacing at the end seemed rushed (Dark Cynder vs Spyro especially), and the final fight was anticlimatic.
Hunter was whack.
Other things I can't remember off hand.

Again, I'm on the fence for DotD, so I've just put specific points I dislike.
---
Eh.
#36 Posted: 22:43:27 30/10/2010
Thankies! smilie And I think the graphics only made this game worse and more serious.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#37 Posted: 00:29:33 01/11/2010
I don't know if this should be added, but...

I strongly dislike why DotD on the latest poll got the most votes for "Best Console Soundtrack". Two or more of the tracks is Guide You Home, for gracious sake! :/
#38 Posted: 00:35:38 01/11/2010 | Topic Creator
And half the music in DotD is either the same tunes that we heard in ANB/TEN or the same blaring, uninteresting piece of dramatic music.

I've come up with a theory about DotD and why so many people like it. Has anyone else noticed that almost all DotD fans are also hardcore SxC shippers? If you ask them who their favorite Cynder voice is, they'll say it was Ricci. If you ask them their favorite song, it's "Guide You Home". Why? I honestly think it has nothing to do with the gameplay, acting, style, or writing and everything to do with Cynder saying those three words and "Guide You Home" being (at least in part) a cheesy pop love song. It's irritating in the extreme, but it's also what you get when you combine a large fanbase of hormonal teens/tweens with a goth girl and a wannabe fairy tale.
#39 Posted: 00:37:54 01/11/2010
Quote: Aqua-Dragoness
I don't know if this should be added, but...

I strongly dislike why DotD on the latest poll got the most votes for "Best Console Soundtrack". Two or more of the tracks is Guide You Home, for gracious sake! :/

I agree.

And yet I haven't met anyone who actually prefers the music over Stewart Copeland's superior work outside this site.
---
#40 Posted: 01:10:22 01/11/2010 | Topic Creator
I'm a big fan of instrumental music, including the kind of big scores we got in LoS. I think the LoS music is nice, but it's mostly suspenseful and depressing music that's either subdued or too loud/dramatic to be much of a pleasant listening experience. This is one of the only good points of LoS as a whole for me, but I still prefer Copeland's music over it. His work is unique and not something you can hear at any theater in the US.

As for DotD, even in regards to music, it fell short. They re-used a lot of tracks from other games, had way too many blaring drama tracks, and the only piece I can actually put on repeat without getting annoyed is Twilight Falls.

Dang, this is all making me want to replay the old games but I don't have them here! D:
#41 Posted: 01:14:26 01/11/2010
If I'm honest, it was the blaring drama tracks that spoilt it for me.

I love instrumental music too, but something is lacking in DotD. And I agree with your previous post too.
---
#42 Posted: 01:22:50 01/11/2010 | Topic Creator
When LoS is playing to it's strengths and we're hearing the atmospheric, subtle scores, it's some fantastic music. We also had some really good loud, dramatic music in TEN and ANB. DotD...not so much. I really hated all of the fight music in the game and the score for the Burned Lands is far too depressing to be in a game for kids.
#43 Posted: 01:31:11 01/11/2010
Yes, I liked most of the TEN & ANB music, they both had great soundtracks.

It was just DotD that I disliked so much smilie
---
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#44 Posted: 01:40:21 01/11/2010
I actually tried playing a bunch of levels of DoTD with old Spyro music :0
for example the Destroyer level
I put Fireworks factory and Molten crater tunes on my headphones,and damn, the overall atmosphere just got a whole lot better IMO xD
The upbeat tunes went very well with the fighting,flying around and stuff

EDIT--
and I forgot to mention!
Desert Ruins when going from destroyers mouth to his core, is just fu**in' awesome xD!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:51:11 01/11/2010 by Kimbia28
#45 Posted: 02:09:12 01/11/2010
Pfft, gotta try that.

Also, something I've found amusing - Many people who prefer DotD to the originals because it's 'darker' than they were. And yet, the most popular level and favourite of most.... Is Valley of Avalar. The one truly serene level. I wonder if people realise just how epic the classics would look if they went back to them.....
---
#46 Posted: 03:18:51 01/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Okay, next time I play DotD, I'm setting the voice track to German and popping on some Copeland music. smilie

Hey...you're right!
#47 Posted: 06:51:38 01/11/2010
I hate the sound track. The only music I liked was Twilight Falls. The rest was annoying and overly dramatic. And the music that you hear at the beginning when the golem comes up.... I hated it.... It was just horrible music to listen too.

Oh, and try playing the Icy Flight music while fighting Malefor. It's awesome. :3
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:55:28 01/11/2010 by DarkCynder_543
spyromaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2395
#48 Posted: 10:52:25 01/11/2010
My problems:
- No Enemy Health Bars.
- Melee attacks are to slow, Melee attacks only hurt 1 enemy so combos are also harder to do because the enemy next to you will always try to hit you, The air combos pretty much the only one you can do.
- No training levels to test new skills, They just gave all your elements and combos in one go without much guidance.
- No Dragon Time, This was a massive help to players who were surrounded by enemys, Fighting your enemys in a slow motion state was an awesome feature in the old combat system.
- No Slow motion air finisherd, Finishing off your enemys in mid-air in slow motion was fun to watch, Again another cool feature of the combat system taken out of the game.
- Only 1 type of fury, Exploding on your enemys into Fire, Electricity, Ice or Earth was more fun. Spraying out an overpowered beam of convexity was alright but i personally prefered Kromes style.
- Only 4 Boss fights.
- Fightings more dull, What happend to Kung-Fu Spyro?
*Runs out of space*
---
Dont worry, we all make mistakes. But remember we're not machines, we're only human.
spyromaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2395
#49 Posted: 10:52:37 01/11/2010
*Continued*
- No Flying levels, Destroying the environment and enemys below you with huge fire balls and barrel rolling through the air was amazing, Why they took it out after ANB i dont know.

A lot of work still had to be done and giving E.L only a year wasn,t enough time. I know if they worked on it till 2009 it would have ruined the whole 10th anniversary thing but i think making sure the finale of the trilogy had perfection was more important IMO.

And thats my thoughs, despite all my negative thoughs i still do find the game quite enjoyable. My Score
Graphics: 8.2
Gameplay: 6.2
Game Length: 7.5
Level Design: 7.1
Storyline: 7.0

Overall: 7.2/10
p.s sorry about the double post.
---
Dont worry, we all make mistakes. But remember we're not machines, we're only human.
#50 Posted: 12:49:06 01/11/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
I hate the sound track. The only music I liked was Twilight Falls. The rest was annoying and overly dramatic. And the music that you hear at the beginning when the golem comes up.... I hated it.... It was just horrible music to listen too.

Oh, and try playing the Icy Flight music while fighting Malefor. It's awesome. :3

EDIT: Play Frozen Altars while playing a part in the game that's dramatic, like Ignitus's death (this wasn't dramatic IMO. I wasn't sad at all. I was angry because Cynder ruined it all), the bit when Cynder turns evil again, etc. xD
---
Page 1 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me