Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > The Discuss-your-characters/fanfics topic
Page 1 of 1
The Discuss-your-characters/fanfics topic [CLOSED]
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#1 Posted: 21:59:52 29/09/2010 | Topic Creator
There was a topic discussing people's thoughts on a certain popular Spyro fan character that has gone off topic and became a huge "let's talk about how awsome our characters are" dicussion and it got me thinking that there should actually be a topic for that purpose.

Feel free to advertise, dicuss, and help devolop eachother's characters. They can be from any story or fandom you'd like or they can be from your own original universe.

I will have to ask that we don't start a huge mary-sue argument. if you wish to critisize someone's character, do so politely and constructively.
-------------------------

My Characters:

0-9
* -13- 9 OC
* 0- 9 OC
* 6.5- 9 OC

A
* Abigail E. Dunam - Eye of the Hare
* Agent 10 (see Kailee)- Spyro OC- TNG
* Andromeda- Spyro OC- TNG
* Ariana the Rabbit (not yet shown)- Spyro OC- TNG
* Ariana Nicole Smith (not yet shown)- Eye of the Hare
* Ashen- Spyro OC
* Axe- Spyro OC

B
* Boaz- Original Universe
* Bri- Original Universe

C
* Candy- Original Universe
* Cathrine Anne O'Brian- Eye of the Hare
* Celeste- Original Universe
* Charolette Lafayette Danforth- Eye of the Hare
* Conan Byrne O'Connell- Eye of the Hare
* Consesio- Contest Entry
* Cookie- Original Universe

D
* Damian- Spyro OC- TNG
* Drake- Spyro OC- TNG

E
* Eari- Spyro OC- TNG
* Enzo- Spyro OC
* Erin- Multi-Universe Character: Spyro OC and Original Universe
* Eros- Short Story Character (1)
* Esther- Short story character (2)

F
* Felicia- Original Unverse
* Felicity- Short Story Character (1)
* Flyn- Original Universe
* Fyra Dove- Spyro OC

G
* George- Original Universe
* Gnarly Gnorc- Spyro OC- TNG
* Grayson- Crash Bandicoot OC

It's clearly a work-in-progress
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 00:44:28 07/10/2010 by BlinktheCookie
Goldenfire Gold Sparx Gems: 2416
#2 Posted: 22:07:44 30/09/2010
One: I think this is freakin brilliant. Thanks. I don;t know why no one thought of this yet.
Two: You do realize that this will most likely deteriorate into a mary-sue argumant?
Three: nice icon. you draw it? Even though it creaps me out......O.O
Four: I ADVERTISE!
Dentro and Venia: The Remaining Melders
Link: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=33426
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:07:55 30/09/2010 by Goldenfire
#3 Posted: 22:31:13 30/09/2010 | Topic Creator
1. Me either

2. Big deal, there are so many of those on this site that I'm pretty much numb to it now.

3. Yes I did, and I'm thinking of changing it since I'm out of my 9 obsession stage.

4. Me too: http://cookiedragoness.deviant.../#My-Characters

Some of these characters have actually gone through MAJOR changes since their creation. There are more but I haven't drawn decent pictures of them yet.

Alos, the charcaters in there are from a variety of universes, some original, some from games or books or movies.
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#4 Posted: 00:57:59 01/10/2010
Hmm... Awesome idea smilie Here're my characters, that I'd love some constructive critism and help on:

[User Posted Image]
She's a slightly sarcastic dragon with an adventurous edge.

[User Posted Image]
He's a kind, brave dragon who is slightly shy at times.

I've actually had these two mate in some RP's, but right now I'd like to discuss them seperatly. And I'll advertise too: CLICK THE LINK IN MY SIGGI!!!
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#5 Posted: 04:25:26 01/10/2010
I like them, but they're not unique enough to be main characters... They'd make nice background ones though. smilie
#6 Posted: 19:03:07 01/10/2010 | Topic Creator
It's not that they aren't unique, the discription are just brief and tell us too little about their personallities for us to know what they'd be like as main characters.
#7 Posted: 23:06:44 01/10/2010
Hmm... More of a description? how about this:

Frozen Fire was an orphan at birth. She learned to take care of herself, and because of this she is brave and adventourus. Feeling as though the reason she was abondoned is because she was unwanted, she is always bitter and sarcastic to everyone. When treated well she can trust a few people, but usually she's just plain bitter.

Magma Heart grew up well respected, part of royal blood line. Always spoiled, he didn't know much about the outside world, or how to survive alone. When his city was attacked, he learned to live alone. He learned to be brave and caring with most people, but kept his shy edge.

Lolness, I worked on these descriptions all through school. smilie Tell me what you think, please smilie
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#8 Posted: 02:05:15 04/10/2010
I have a crazy amount of fan characters... Anyone feel brave enough for me to let them loose? smilie
#9 Posted: 04:22:22 04/10/2010
OO! OO! Me! I'll let the loose! *unlatches doors and then has dragon fly me off to safety* come out coem out creations.....*hides on cliff behind boulder 30,000 feet in the air*
#10 Posted: 22:42:11 04/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Queen_Cynder
Hmm... More of a description? how about this:

Frozen Fire was an orphan at birth. She learned to take care of herself, and because of this she is brave and adventourus. Feeling as though the reason she was abondoned is because she was unwanted, she is always bitter and sarcastic to everyone. When treated well she can trust a few people, but usually she's just plain bitter.

Magma Heart grew up well respected, part of royal blood line. Always spoiled, he didn't know much about the outside world, or how to survive alone. When his city was attacked, he learned to live alone. He learned to be brave and caring with most people, but kept his shy edge.

Lolness, I worked on these descriptions all through school. smilie Tell me what you think, please smilie

Very nice, I like the way their childhoods contrast.

And as for the rest of you, unleash your creativity.

I'll make an alphabetical guide for mine, then go down the list as I describe them and list some interesting facts about them:

A
* Agent 10 (see Kailee)- Spyro OC
* Ariana (not yet shown)- Spyro OC
* Axe- Spyro OC

The list will be a work-in-progress since I don't have much time on my hands. I'll start with facts about Ariana:

ARIANA
Universe: Spyro AU
Character Status: Unreferenced
Role/Signifigance: Bianca's younger sister

Ariana's backstory has changed a lot. First, she was born while Bianca was apprenticed to the Sorceress and years after Bianca had quit working for The Sorceress, she returned to her lair in midnight mountain and found the her infant sister, who had been sent there to be an aprentice. Bianca rescued her and raised her herself.

Now, it is much simpler. Bianca returned to her family directly after YOTD to announce that she was no longer working for the Soreceress in time for Ariana's birth. Ariana came to idolize her older sister Bianca and look forward to her visits. After a a couple years, Bianca's parents let her take Ariana in as an apprentice. Ariana is six years old and now travels with Bianca, Hunter, and the rest of the Spyro gang. Bianca is teaching her everything she knows.

Her personality is basically that of a miniature adult. She's oddly mature and obediant aswell as a quick learner. She has a very mischevious side that only Bianca, Hunter, and a few others know about.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:54:05 04/10/2010 by BlinktheCookie
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#11 Posted: 22:46:55 04/10/2010
Errrr....my characters description is....kinda a lot. I'll just say Crystals.

Name: Crystal
Power: Aura. So that means when she uses aura sense, she can see temperature around her. She can tell when someones going to die or is already dead.
Personality: Kind, tom-boyish, competive, friendly, brave.
Appearance: She has blonde hair, two diffrent colored eyes. Brown on the left, Green on the right. Her face is thin and her skin color is white. She had a red pendant around her neck. She also has a bracelt that is a brown small rope for her wrist. It looks very worn. She says her dad gave it to her when he came back from war, before he died. She always wears blue jeans and black and yellow converse shoes. Her shirt changes though. Mostly its a plain white t-shirt or a shirt with a saying on it. She sometimes had a small jacket for an assceory.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#12 Posted: 22:52:21 04/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Ah, very nice.
#13 Posted: 22:53:29 04/10/2010
Thanks. Just to let you know, this is ONE of the main characters. Theres acually six in all. Im just to lazy to type the rest. smilie
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#14 Posted: 22:57:21 04/10/2010 | Topic Creator
i've created a multitude of characters. Some of them are fan characters, some are completely original, and mingle about in the same large, diverse universe, and others are from their own individual stories.

So far, I've had three story ideas: Eye of the Hare and two unrevealed short stories.
#15 Posted: 23:45:49 04/10/2010
Yea, the rest of the characters are acually fan characters....well except Lily and Crystal. Crystal is like...my made up daughter in the future and Lily was already made by J.K Rowling as Harry Potters Daughter.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#16 Posted: 01:27:37 05/10/2010 | Topic Creator
So it's a Harry Potter fanfic?
#17 Posted: 01:53:34 05/10/2010
Well, I don't have pictures for my characters yet, but I may as well let some of my Pokemon fan characters loose. *opens door shakily, and is run over by all but one*

Name: Jerdana.
Personality: Brave but slightly cocky, and very sarcastic. She is very crazy as well, and is known to scare some people because of it. When I first thought of her, I didn't have much creativity, so she was also a female Ash Ketchum on steroids. smilie But I'm easing her out of that little by little.
Appearance: Strawberry blonde hair done up in a ponytail, and wears a blue bandana with a white Pokeball shape on it. Wears an ordinary black shirt and regular, loose-fitting jeans ( when I say 'loose-fitting', they don't 'hug' her behind smilie I hate jeans like that). Her eyes are sapphire blue.
History: Jerdana is a descendant of a 'royal' family from Ancient Hoenn ( yes, I made them up; I don't think there was a royal family in Hoenn), and carries a sword named Alderon, which was their heirloom. She also has a shield which she carries on her back. When she discovers her heritage, she doesn't give a dang about it, period. Though, she does like Alderon. smilie She was orphaned shortly before she got her first Pokemon, but doesn't act all 'doom and gloom' about it. She IS sad of course, but chooses to look ahead as best she can. She spends her days as a Pokemon Trainer, traveling the world with her Grovyle Earthblade, as well as other Trainers and Pokemon.

I'll add the others later... Right now I want to know if Jerdana needs any work. smilie I've been struggling to get her out of whatever Mary Sue pit she may be in. On another note...I really don't want to remove the ties to the royal family bit, but I'm willing to change it someway.
#18 Posted: 20:51:32 05/10/2010
Quote: BlinktheCookie
So it's a Harry Potter fanfic?

Acually, its and everything fanfiction.
But yea, it has Harry Potter in it.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#19 Posted: 21:11:51 05/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Ah, I attempted a huge crossover fanfic. It was a crossover between Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, several Nintendo characters, and my original characters. It was called "The Dark Ages."

Needless to say I abandoned it because it sounded more like a fantard's wet dream then an actual story.
#20 Posted: 21:13:25 05/10/2010
Cool, I think I saw that somewhere here.....

Well, im not giving it up. Its acually a very interseting story, kinda like Kingdom hearts.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#21 Posted: 21:44:11 05/10/2010 | Topic Creator
The main reasonmine seemed so terrible is because I started before my drawing skills had improved. I'd redo it, but I have TONS of other projects.

Anyway, continuing my alphabetical list:

0-9

A
* Abigail D. - Eye of the Hare
* Agent 10 (see Kailee)- Spyro OC
* Ariana the Rabbit (not yet shown)- Spyro OC
* Ashen- Spyro OC
* Axe- Spyro OC

B
*Boaz- Original Universe
*Bri- Original Universe
#22 Posted: 22:44:12 05/10/2010
I have an idea for the way a character looks. However, I have no name or personality... Any ideas?

//www.darkspyro.net/images/nig...B01-NAME???.jpg
---
#23 Posted: 22:53:34 05/10/2010
I can't see it. D8
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#24 Posted: 22:55:55 05/10/2010
Grr... I know! No images have been showing up! Here's what she looks like:

She's dark purple with bright blue eyes. Her tail and spikes down her back are light blue, with blue and purple horns... With dark amythist wings.

Any ideas?
---
pony_girl24 Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#25 Posted: 22:57:42 05/10/2010
I use a few but my mopst used one is Saphira =P
#26 Posted: 22:58:59 05/10/2010
Quote: Queen_Cynder
Grr... I know! No images have been showing up! Here's what she looks like:

She's dark purple with bright blue eyes. Her tail and spikes down her back are light blue, with blue and purple horns... With dark amythist wings.

Any ideas?

Aurora.

You can come up with the personality.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#27 Posted: 23:02:09 05/10/2010
Hmm... I really like that name smilie And I can't think of a personality smilie
---
#28 Posted: 23:05:54 05/10/2010
Fine...Errr.

She seems really calm and fair. Very mysterious and protective. SHe is....100000 years old and....friendly and strong. Acts nervouse when people gets close to a secret she dosen't want them to know.

I just figured out im really good at making characters. smilie.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#29 Posted: 23:09:01 05/10/2010
Wow... You're REALLY good at making up characters!!! smilie I'm not... That's why I stick to fan fictions smilie

And that's really awesome smilie
---
#30 Posted: 23:10:42 05/10/2010
Heh, Im making the ultimate fanfaiction and I STILL have to make up characters. Like Crystal for example.

Thanks. :3
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#31 Posted: 23:14:29 05/10/2010
No prob

And I like making up characters, but I'm bad at it. It took me a week to come up with Magma Heart and Frozen Fire's personalities
---
#32 Posted: 23:17:12 05/10/2010
Really now?
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#33 Posted: 23:17:42 05/10/2010
What?
---
#34 Posted: 23:19:24 05/10/2010
That is took you a week to come up with the personalitys! It takes me like a minute or so.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#35 Posted: 16:06:14 06/10/2010
Well, I have only one fanfic, and it's seem to be dead anyway...
---
Keep smile
#36 Posted: 17:03:28 06/10/2010 | Topic Creator
I've read your first chapter, it seems pretty interesting so far, please continue.

Now, a question for all to consider:

Are all self-based characters/author avatars cliche/mary-sues?

I belive that while not all of them are, they are more likely to become sue-ish due to the fact that we all want to be awsome/bette rthan everyone else, so we tend to make the characters that reprsent us that way.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:59:53 06/10/2010 by BlinktheCookie
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#37 Posted: 17:58:30 06/10/2010
Not at all, but I have literar author avatar saved up...

I'm useless magician, all my spells blows up into my face, I'm capable of dimension travell, I'm as fat as IRL, and my only true power is genry savvyness... Oh, and I hat sometimes larger than me, and myself being giant considered...
---
Keep smile
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:00:05 06/10/2010 by matesds
#38 Posted: 18:08:20 06/10/2010 | Topic Creator
I try to make my self-representing character, Cookie, as much like me as possible. That means I give her all of my flaws, including my unathleticness, insecurity, and poor social skills. I try to make the fact that she's a semidragon less and less of an advantage, therefore she sucks at flying, her dragon form is small and weak, she can only breathe a tiny bit of fire, and her draconic features are more or less a cumbersome useless burden.

Also, since every other being in her universe is some sort of hybrid, magical creature, or anthropomorphic animal, she's not very "rare."
#39 Posted: 19:39:35 06/10/2010
I'm going to make a manga with a friend of mine. In reality. But I can still make it into a story here, so here's the basic plot line.

________(She gets to pick the names, so I'm not sure yet) leaped over a bush and landed with a crash......in another bush. She stood up and thought, Well THAT failed. She picked leaves out of her silver hair and felt one brush against ehr lower back. She yanked it out, wincing as a few three foot long strands of hair came with it. She dusted off her shoulder, and her dark blue vest, her gold eyes with silver specks sparkling as she looked around. _________(Again, no name yet) dropped down from the tree above ehr, scaring her. "Gah!" She turned around and almost paralyzed him. He laghed. "Wow! You just can't manage this, can you?" he asked, punching ehr lightly in the arm. ______ glared at him. He ignored her and flicked another leaf off of her tight black jeans. Even though he was her sensei. There were times when she wanted to kill him. Even though he was young.....and handsome.....and had black hair.......and deep green eyes that captured you and held you there, motionless........ She jolted out of her daydreams and shook the dust off her low black boots. "Yes. I'm horrible. That's kinda why I'm here." She glared at him, fire lacing along her bare arms. He just blew them out with a gust of air.

So.....Whatcha think?
#40 Posted: 23:51:35 06/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Sounds interesting so far.
#41 Posted: 23:59:25 06/10/2010
It is interesting.

On another note...

Quote:
Are all self-based characters/author avatars cliche/mary-sues?

It depends, I think. For example, I have an 'author avatar' named Glass the Suicune on FanFiction.Net. She is meant to be an annoying Mary Sue, often showing her power over the story. This is done for humour. I have plenty of self-based characters that are not Mary Sues, however. smilie Such as Miley Stelar from my MegaMan StarForce stories. I can give a link to show both in action if anyone wishes.

Also, is the character I posted any good? I really wanna know.
#42 Posted: 00:29:48 07/10/2010 | Topic Creator
She seems okay. It really depends on what is considered normal or abnormal in the character's universe, and since I don't watch/play pokemon, I wouldn't be able to judge there.
#43 Posted: 00:41:24 07/10/2010
The only thing about her that could be considered abnormal in Pokemon is the sword and shield, but those are shown occasionally ( used by characters from the past, however). smilie Then again, she's not a sword-master or anything. It's mostly a hobby.
#44 Posted: 00:46:03 07/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Well, if it's a hobby then I guess it wouldn't be too unusual. A more common hobby would be fencing, however. Pherhaps the sword and sheild could be carried because of some centimental value?
#45 Posted: 00:50:53 07/10/2010
Well, seeing how they're heirlooms of a royal family which she's descended from, the reason for carrying them could be sentimental value, like you suggested. I did think about the 'hobby' being fencing, but I think that's done with a rapier, which is a very slender sword meant for stabbing and thrusting. Not slashing.
#46 Posted: 01:11:16 07/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Well, I see where that would interfere.

My main universe is one heavily based off of ours, only every other person is a sort of hybrid/anthro/myhical creature and all creatures of huma intelligence are expected to live in harmony and equality. Not all of them do, but most of them try.

So far very few of the characters in my main universe carry non-modern weapons. Usually the ones who do are the ones who prefer to live by the ancient ways of their kind or simply come from that sort of backround.

An example would be Solera. She's a koopa, not the Mario-type koopa, but the actual creature of Japanese mythology. Her species resides on an island off the coast of Japan. They are a warrior race who's customs revolve around magic and sorcery. Because of that, she was raised lerning magic and fighting techniques. However, she hasn't used them since she moved to the states because she could care less about magic and her race's customs and there is really very little need for it. The fact that magic is 80% of what she was taught has also made is difficult for her to find a job, especialy in the current economy.
#47 Posted: 01:27:21 07/10/2010
Ah, I see. Very interesting. smilie
#48 Posted: 22:36:16 07/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Thank you. As far as her personallity goes, she's generally unenthused, irratable, and suffers from stress due to being overworked by a very lousy job.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me