Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
New Apocalypse, Old World [CLOSED]
SpyroKing Diamond Sparx Gems: 8677
#1 Posted: 23:58:04 20/09/2010 | Topic Creator
~1~

For years, we've lived under the shadow of a nuclear war. Almost two years ago, Congress learned that a renegade faction of the North Korean military got their hands on nuclear weapons. They made a threat to use them against us earlier this year. President Obama responded: "If you use them against us, we will retaliate. And you will regret it."

It's now December 31. 2011. In just a few hours, we will hit 2012, when the world will apparently "end". Everybody believes that the North Korean Renegades are waiting for this day to drop the bombs on us. Use the scare factor.

I personally don't believe in any of this supernatural crap. However, that doesn't mean my family doesn't. They've been on edge all night, scampering for cover whenever they hear an airplane roaring overhead, or a helicopter chopping above. We live near an airport, so we're normally used to the sounds. But now with this damn war threat hanging over our heads, nothing is ordinary anymore.

I sat in our dining room, which is adjacent to the living room. I sipped at my apple cider sparingly, looking sadly at my family crowded on the couch. I could tell that they were scared to hell, from their wide buggy eyes and their jittery movements. They were watching the New Year's Eve Countdown on NBC. Waiting for the ball to drop.

Waiting for the world to end.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:52:27 22/09/2010 by SpyroKing
Eragon25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2019
#2 Posted: 00:04:44 21/09/2010
Hmmm.....I SENSE EPICNESS.
#3 Posted: 00:07:16 21/09/2010 | Topic Creator
THE SENSES ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#4 Posted: 13:11:22 21/09/2010
Looks good so far, only one mistake I can see...

South Korea is ally of USA, North "Korea" is the enemy of them both...
---
Keep smile
#5 Posted: 00:54:10 22/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: matesds
Looks good so far, only one mistake I can see...

South Korea is ally of USA, North "Korea" is the enemy of them both...

Ah, okay, I see. I feel like a total idiot right now. D: Thank you very much for catching that.
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#6 Posted: 01:12:25 26/09/2010
Interesting story.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me