Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Why Don't They Just Tell us Already?
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Why Don't They Just Tell us Already? [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 22:22:07 15/09/2010 | Topic Creator
We already know that Activision hired "a new composer", cancelled the Spyro Movie without planning on telling us, taking the future of the Spyro series on "a different direction" they came up with despite the decisions of the original producers, and now we know they have conducted title tests for the next game.

Most of their major-popular games have already been released, they should work on their other projects from Sierra they're neglecting. If they expect us to wait another year or so for them to reveal details of the next game to us until they feel like it, then they're wrong. Sooner or later, we'll only find more information on the game through unlikely resources they don't expect. Even if they do take down the information or something to hide the evidence, we already know. They can't keep the next game hidden behind their walls forever.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#2 Posted: 22:29:11 15/09/2010
Exactly. Even though they're trying to hide information, they can't keep it away. We're slowly knowing more information about Spyro through small resources, so they might as just tell us already.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#3 Posted: 22:48:05 15/09/2010 | Topic Creator
And I hope they're not just making a Spyro game to just continue the franchise.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#4 Posted: 22:50:59 15/09/2010
Quote: Aura24
And I hope they're not just making a Spyro game to just continue the franchise.

They probably are, Activision have a record of just milking games sadly.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#5 Posted: 22:55:32 15/09/2010 | Topic Creator
But unlike one of their game franchises, like Guitar Hero, they're not making a Spyro game two or three times a year...at least I hope they're not.
---
#6 Posted: 22:57:02 15/09/2010
True. I wish they'd just tell us too, we've been waiting so long already!
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#7 Posted: 23:17:54 15/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Activision is probably the worst game company in history, lead by a power-hungry CEO, who raises prices of the games of over $50.

Sierra made a mistake merging with them, even though they're under the same branch of Vivendi..
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:25:37 15/09/2010 by Aura24
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#8 Posted: 02:12:29 16/09/2010
^I agree.

Anyways, I think it's a bad idea to be as secret about this as they are. Probably by the time any info is officially released, some fans will have moved on to other franchises. smilie At least, that's my feeling, especially since I was thinking of abandoning ship at one time. smilie

All I can say is, if they don't tell anything next year ( as I'm losing hope we'll get any official info this year), I'm gonna throw them a life preserve...they'll need it.

...Did anything I just said make sense? My coherency isn't exactly high right now.
RubyWings91 Blue Sparx Gems: 738
#9 Posted: 02:27:37 16/09/2010
The longer these people take, the more I worry that they're doing another reboot. The longer they take, the less most people remember and think about the series. And if wait this long to put out a new Spyro, they can get a whole new age group who will happily accept it without knowlege of the past two Spyros.

We have proof that they don't care what the older fans think. Just look at the Original Spyro.

I hope they don't do it again.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:28:56 16/09/2010 by RubyWings91
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#10 Posted: 02:30:52 16/09/2010
If they DO make another reboot, it better be good, because I don't really feel like getting used to a new Spyro again... smilie
RubyWings91 Blue Sparx Gems: 738
#11 Posted: 02:38:15 16/09/2010
It better blow me away with an increadibly well thought out story line, amazing graphics and awsome voice actors. Heck it should do that anyway, since we've been so long without a game.

This is a rediculusly long wait, and we don't even know what the games about yet. We just get hints, and tiny snippets.
#12 Posted: 05:14:51 16/09/2010 | Topic Creator
A reboot is something both sides of Spyro fans will dread. Another change in Spyro's personality, not to mention his world, and the characters around him. Activision will make a terrible mistake..
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#13 Posted: 12:24:03 16/09/2010
Both sides?? there is sort of a third the ones who could care less about what spyro sers they are playin as long as its spyro!!
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#14 Posted: 12:24:49 16/09/2010
I hope it's not another reboot. D;
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#15 Posted: 12:27:25 16/09/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
I hope it's not another reboot. D;

me too but it could the 2nd seris in the LoS
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:28:19 16/09/2010 by parisruelz12
StartheDragon77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#16 Posted: 15:32:24 16/09/2010
I'm just crossing my fingers it's not a reboot. I don't want Dark Spyro and Malefor to go away!
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
#17 Posted: 18:28:48 16/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Or a complete different universe.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#18 Posted: 20:06:29 16/09/2010
Good point about people forgetting. But still, those of us who really want a new game are gonna HAVE to wait. Even if we find snippets of info out there we won't have anything big or definite unless Activision deliberately gives it to us I bet.

As for what direction, most know my preference but something fun, exciting, with likable characters, good and diverse gameplay and a well thought out story would be just fine for me.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#19 Posted: 00:05:58 17/09/2010
When did we hear about title test?
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#20 Posted: 00:10:00 17/09/2010
I'd really hate to see ANOTHER reboot... One is enough!
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#21 Posted: 01:18:15 17/09/2010
yea i agree i would hate to see them change spyro again
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
#22 Posted: 01:19:16 17/09/2010
this make me sad :'(
---
#23 Posted: 01:20:46 17/09/2010
Another reboot could seal Spyro's fate.

I don't know, I have a feeling they won't do that. Argh, this 'different direction'..... Is driving me insane! Please Activision! Just tell us! Classic, TLOS, or reboot? Or combo?
---
#24 Posted: 01:36:25 17/09/2010
although it would be cool too see a kind of change up of moods and character themes
---
#25 Posted: 01:36:47 17/09/2010
but keep the old stuff
---
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#26 Posted: 01:42:44 17/09/2010
Easy on the Double post SpyroFanatic. . . Its why we have the edit button located on the bottom right of your post.

As for the topic: Patience is the key. I know its been two years since any news of a Spyro game. But we do have the title test and it looks like the only way we are going to get in any Spyro news is leaks from inside the walls of Activision, or even Blizzard.

Still, this next game will be the one that decides the fate of the Spyro fandom.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#27 Posted: 01:54:08 17/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Byrn
When did we hear about title test?

Here:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...ic=33306&page=1
---
#28 Posted: 10:34:11 17/09/2010
Quote: Zackeio
Easy on the Double post SpyroFanatic. . . Its why we have the edit button located on the bottom right of your post.

As for the topic: Patience is the key. I know its been two years since any news of a Spyro game. But we do have the title test and it looks like the only way we are going to get in any Spyro news is leaks from inside the walls of Activision, or even Blizzard.

Still, this next game will be the one that decides the fate of the Spyro fandom.

And knowing Activsion, they will go on the worst possible track, which is another reboot, where Spyro will be a fully grown dragon and can fly.

Even though I'm hoping that they will stumble upon the first trilogy and think, "Hey! The first there Spyro games sold over 20 million copies! Lets continue on from there!", I can just see the reboot happening....
---
#29 Posted: 21:20:04 17/09/2010 | Topic Creator
They could at least tell us the story plot or show us a few pieces of concept art, game screenshots, anything.
---
#30 Posted: 21:27:58 17/09/2010
They could at least tell us the story plot or show us a few pieces of concept art, game screenshots, anything.

Well. . . the more you think it about it, the more you risk getting even more anxious about it. Best to keep in your mind occupied on something else in the mean time, if you ask me. Heck, as far as we know Activision might not release another Spyro game until 2012 or 2013 (4-5 years from DOTD). Truth be told, if they are working on a Spyro game, and can even actually say that much, then I wouldn't worry to much, the more time they spend on it, the better it will be.
---
My Gallery
#31 Posted: 21:34:37 17/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Still, they should at least confirm that they are making the next Spyro game to the public. Just tell us they're making another game, and that's it. Until they feel like revealing anything else Spyro-related to us. It's been 2 years already since we haven't heard of anything new from the money-driven publisher.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:35:16 17/09/2010 by Aura24
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8109
#32 Posted: 21:35:14 17/09/2010
im gonna cross everything and hope its not a reboot
i hope they will stick with TLoS but still, new spyro or old spyro lets hope its no reboot D:
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#33 Posted: 21:39:39 17/09/2010
A reboot might be decent, I say give them a chance. Who knows? They may try to start from Spyro's beginning like they did with LOS but try to keep aspects of the old, los, and some all new stuff.

Whatever you do, please just be patient and keep an open mind.
---
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8109
#34 Posted: 21:41:07 17/09/2010
if they do a reboot i will go rampage!!!
*grabs gun*
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#35 Posted: 21:45:08 17/09/2010
Still, they should at least confirm that they are making the next Spyro game to the public. Just tell us they're making another game, and that's it. Until they feel like revealing anything else Spyro-related to us. It's been 2 years already since we haven't heard of anything new from the money-driven publisher.

That's probably the main reason why we haven't heard anything yet. Activision is money-driven. It would be fool-hearty of them to spend millions of resources to make a flop title, that so happens to bare the name Spyro. If they see value in Spyro, yet still want to make money off of him, then I can actual expect them to be. . . cautious about Spyro.

Also, one has to remember that the Spyro franchise is split amongst three types of fans: OSF (Original Spyro Fans), TLOS (The Legend of Spyro) and both. Those who are fan of both, don't have to worry much, besides the unspeakable event of another reboot. But TLOS and OSF's have to worry about another reboot and whether or not its going to be an Original Trilogy, or be in TLOS universe.

As I said before, this next game will decide the fate of Spyro's fanbase. At least, that's what it seems to be smilie
---
My Gallery
#36 Posted: 21:50:49 17/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Or in Activision's case, possibly the amount of money the games sold previously.
---
#37 Posted: 21:53:36 17/09/2010
Oh, come on, what would be so bad about another reboot?! Yeah, it sucked the first time but that was because it just wasn't done well in the opinions of many. If they reboot again, they could blend the two and make something spectacular!
---
#38 Posted: 21:55:39 17/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Nothing is worrying about a reboot, in my opinion, except a video game publisher the series now hold its fate to, like Activision.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:57:42 17/09/2010 by Aura24
#39 Posted: 22:00:26 17/09/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Oh, come on, what would be so bad about another reboot?! Yeah, it sucked the first time but that was because it just wasn't done well in the opinions of many. If they reboot again, they could blend the two and make something spectacular!

That's IF, they blend the two together. We don't know what they'll do if they decided to make a another reboot. It can go either way if they did. They can make Spyro an MMO, a racer, or worst. A reboot is a straight 50/50 chance that it will be good or bad, there is no middle ground if they do.

To me: Insomniac left the series with loads of potential, there are lot of things there they haven't explained upon or touched that they can do now. The same can go with TLOS, I suppose, but you know me: TLOS is just not my type of game to play smilie .

For right now, its all just speculation until Activision feels that need to actually let something slide. . . hmm, perhaps Blizzard will be the one calling the shots on Spyro then? Or maybe that's what Activision is waiting on. They did merged, so perhaps they are waiting for Diablo to come out, and then maybe we'll here some Spyro news, in Spring of 2011. . . its a possibility.
---
My Gallery
#40 Posted: 22:03:09 17/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Zackeio

That's IF, they blend the two together. We don't know what they'll do if they decided to make a another reboot. It can go either way if they did. They can make Spyro an MMO, a racer, or worst. A reboot is a straight 50/50 chance that it will be good or bad, there is no middle ground if they do.

To me: Insomniac left the series with loads of potential, there are lot of things there they haven't explained upon or touched that they can do now. The same can go with TLOS, I suppose, but you know me: TLOS is just not my type of game to play smilie .

For right now, its all just speculation until Activision feels that need to actually let something slide. . . hmm, perhaps Blizzard will be the one calling the shots on Spyro then? Or maybe that's what Activision is waiting on. They did merged, so perhaps they are waiting for Diablo to come out, and then maybe we'll here some Spyro news, in Spring of 2011. . . its a possibility.

I heard that the greedy Robert Kotick suggested they sell the cutscenes of Blizzard's StarCraft 2 as movies for $20 to $30, What the heck?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:07:12 17/09/2010 by Aura24
#41 Posted: 22:09:51 17/09/2010

I heard that the greedy CEO suggested they sell the cutscenes of Blizzard's StarCraft 2 as movies for $20 to $30, What the heck?

smilie? Oy-vey smilie . First off, it won't work, there's not enough cut-scenes for them to make a profitable movie. Second, that will fall flat on its face, as there will be gammers posting playthroughs, and commentaries for it for free, and people can just rip the videos off and make their own movies / trailers that way.

If you can provide the source Aura, that could lead to something. . . possibly troubling, but even without the source, this is quite immature of the CEO of Activison to suggest such an outlandish haphazard proposal smilie .
---
My Gallery
#42 Posted: 22:10:44 17/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Sure, here:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6...ult%3Btitle%3B0
---
#43 Posted: 22:11:00 17/09/2010
@Zackieo; EXACTLY! It can be ANYTHING! True, it may fail, but the same can be said for virtually EVERY game that will ever be made. Those who are in charge of bestselling franchises are not incapable of bad ideas, and those who control crappy games could stumble onto something awesome! So, as I've said MANY times, just give it a chance, whatever it happens to be.

@Aura; Can you provide a link? Seems unlikely to me, but if people are dumb enough to buy game cinematics for any price, let them. Though selling cinematics IS very dumb indeed, buying them is even stupider.
---
#44 Posted: 22:11:28 17/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Just did it, in my post above you. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:16:16 17/09/2010 by Aura24
#45 Posted: 22:24:01 17/09/2010

@Aura; Can you provide a link? Seems unlikely to me, but if people are dumb enough to buy game cinematics for any price, let them. Though selling cinematics IS very dumb indeed, buying them is even stupider.

I agree, but believe it or not - Some people on eBay were selling the Kingdom Hearts series cinematics on DVD (obviously without Square or Disney's permission). And they actually sold some. What the.
---
#46 Posted: 22:25:43 17/09/2010
@Aura; sorry, you must have posted before I had a chance to.

@Spyroo; bad of them to sell those without consent of the maker/publisher, but to buy them if just SO dumb.
---
#47 Posted: 22:26:18 17/09/2010 | Topic Creator
A game company, led by a power-hungry CEO like Kotick, the Spyro series is in danger of being ruined...
---
#48 Posted: 22:36:11 17/09/2010
@Zackieo; EXACTLY! It can be ANYTHING! True, it may fail, but the same can be said for virtually EVERY game that will ever be made. Those who are in charge of bestselling franchises are not incapable of bad ideas, and those who control crappy games could stumble onto something awesome! So, as I've said MANY times, just give it a chance, whatever it happens to be.

I'm all for giving new ideas a chance, a chance to be something. In order for them to do that, they will have to spend their own resources, making a demo game and presenting it to the publishers for them to make their game into something. The thing is. . . is the way people play video games now. Its dangerous to be too unique in this video game market world. The only way you can do that is if you can actually publish your own games, which Blizzard and Activision can do. But we have to remember that they own Spyro. . . and as such they can do with him as they see fit.

We don't know what they'll do with Spyro if they do any type of game with him. Reboot, Origin, TLOS we simply don't know. I'm not saying you're proposal is invalid, no, I'm just saying that its going to be very hard for it to come to be with today's circumstances. Remember, big wigs like Activision don't listen to us, they listen to the cash register. You'll have to figure out a way to persuade them and provide some sort of proof that combining Origins and TLOS together will make sales of their wildest dreams.

The best way to do that, is to make a demo, and have people play and do something that will make the big wigs spend their resources making it into something.

Again, I wish they'll make a game where TLOS aesthetics, and Origins aesthetics come together as well, but I just don't have a good solid proof that they'll do that.

Aura, that guys is just, abrasive to the core. He only cares about money as it would seem. *sigh* Great smilie. . . this could be a very bad thing for us. However, since we hold what he wants. . . perhaps we can persuade him into giving us what we want so that he can get what he wants. . . hmm. If this be true, then looks like your idea might go somewhere SpyroLuva.
---
My Gallery
#49 Posted: 22:42:31 17/09/2010
No matter what they do, mix or not, it could be unexpected but also good. That's it, that's all I'm saying. It COULD. BE. GOOD. It's no use freaking out about the possibility of a bad game till we see some solid proof of what it is.
---
#50 Posted: 22:50:49 17/09/2010
@ SpyroLUVA: Oh, that's what you're getting at smilie . I understand now. Well alright then, if that's how you want to do it. But for me, I rather be pessimistic and be proven wrong, then be optimistic and be proven wrong. That's just me, and for the record: I hope I'm wrong.
---
My Gallery
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me