#1 Posted: 00:00:28 05/09/2010 | Topic Creator
what could have could have been tweaked to improve the ending and in what way
1:malefors death - if dead?!
2:more info
3:any other misc
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:01:22 05/09/2010 by deco2709
StartheDragon77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#2 Posted: 06:02:24 05/09/2010
The ending would have been better if Malefor did not get imprisoned. I'm not saying I wanted him dead either. Also if Dark Spyro showed up that would have been awesome.

The music should have been way more dramatic. Sort of like the music when your fighting him. I loved that music!

That's what I think they should have done.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#3 Posted: 13:40:16 06/09/2010
Malefor died!
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#4 Posted: 20:36:28 06/09/2010
I think they should have had a little more detail in what happened when Spyro and Cynder got back to their freinds.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#5 Posted: 21:48:19 06/09/2010
1. NO 'I love you' from Cynder!
2. An actual death for Malefor (a corps, bloodied or no)
3. Iggy STAYS dead; one ghostly appearance at the end and that's it.
4. More of a struggle to defeat Dark Cynder.
5. A clearer voice for Malefor.
6. A more challenging battle than button masing and timed button pressing.
7. Sparx stayed with them.
8. A more stratiegic battle rather than insessently pounding on Malefor.
9. NO 'I love you' from Cynder!
10. More effort from the others. Like if the guardians had been fighting Malefor's evil dragons in the air, then possibly helped S and C by dropping thier elements on him or doing fly-by attacks, and also a huge crowd of other allies fighting M's forces on the ground around the volcano.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#6 Posted: 23:53:27 06/09/2010
Yeah, some fans would say no love from Cynder. Used to Spyro being single, though we don't even know if Spyro even heard Cynder say 'I love you'.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
deco2709 Blue Sparx Gems: 864
#7 Posted: 06:44:12 07/09/2010 | Topic Creator
well i've been a spyro fan since i was six and i think if he is getting a girlfriend it means tht he's growing up it also means they could make a spyro game about his kids don't fancy that
#8 Posted: 12:20:50 07/09/2010
I think for the sake of the inexplicable need for shipping in fandoms, only suggested love should exist in a Spyro game.
---
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#9 Posted: 17:42:43 07/09/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
10. More effort from the others. Like if the guardians had been fighting Malefor's evil dragons in the air, then possibly helped S and C by dropping thier elements on him or doing fly-by attacks, and also a huge crowd of other allies fighting M's forces on the ground around the volcano.

Agreed. How does Cynder know she loves Spyro if she hasn't mixed with any other Teenage Dragons her age?

Anyway, this would be mine.

-Sparx stays with Spyro and Cynder to go into the ring of Fire. No Cynder replacement here.
-Cynder sacrifices herself. She jumps in the way of Malefor's beam and starts to die. (Note: I am not doing this because I hate her - it would be dramatic and add to the idea.)
-Malefor does suffer damage and the Final Stage of the battle is flying. You chase Malefor through the worlds heart, which is laid out similar to inside teh Destroyer, and you must fight and kill him.
-Malefor's apperance and voice. Better voice and should have massive scars with green acidic blood gushing out, with gloing yellow eyes and a much more understandable voice.

I will think of more, but not now.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Levi Ripto Gems: 1136
#10 Posted: 19:14:49 07/09/2010
Quote: Malefor0001

Agreed. How does Cynder know she loves Spyro if she hasn't mixed with any other Teenage Dragons her age?

Anyway, this would be mine.

-Sparx stays with Spyro and Cynder to go into the ring of Fire. No Cynder replacement here.
-Cynder sacrifices herself. She jumps in the way of Malefor's beam and starts to die. (Note: I am not doing this because I hate her - it would be dramatic and add to the idea.)
-Malefor does suffer damage and the Final Stage of the battle is flying. You chase Malefor through the worlds heart, which is laid out similar to inside teh Destroyer, and you must fight and kill him.
-Malefor's apperance and voice. Better voice and should have massive scars with green acidic blood gushing out, with gloing yellow eyes and a much more understandable voice.

I will think of more, but not now.

Malefor001's idea = awesome
#11 Posted: 19:19:48 07/09/2010
I agree with the first thing you said!

As for her death, I think near death would be better, just to keep fantards from raging/whining. I also think it would rock if she jumped to save Sparx. It would be much less predictable, and a great reconciliation after all the stuff that happened between them, expecially if Cynder apologized for all she did in the past and for making Sparx so scared. But of course Sparx would stop her and apologize for all the crap he said and for not being more forgiving. The only thing left to question is, would Sparx fight with Spyro or stay with Cynder? When Iggy returns, he should say what he said in DotD already, but Spyro should ask what about Cynder, and Iggy would say don't worry, you leave that to me (or something) then he rises up, and 'binds' himself with Cynder, restoring her mostly but not totally to health.

Well? Feedback?
---
Levi Ripto Gems: 1136
#12 Posted: 19:22:00 07/09/2010
I agree with the first thing you said!

As for her death, I think near death would be better, just to keep fantards from raging/whining. I also think it would rock if she jumped to save Sparx. It would be much less predictable, and a great reconciliation after all the stuff that happened between them, expecially if Cynder apologized for all she did in the past and for making Sparx so scared. But of course Sparx would stop her and apologize for all the crap he said and for not being more forgiving. The only thing left to question is, would Sparx fight with Spyro or stay with Cynder? When Iggy returns, he should say what he said in DotD already, but Spyro should ask what about Cynder, and Iggy would say don't worry, you leave that to me (or something) then he rises up, and 'binds' himself with Cynder, restoring her mostly but not totally to health.

Well? Feedback?

awesome idea smilie
#13 Posted: 20:16:08 07/09/2010
Thank you! smilie
---
#14 Posted: 23:27:49 07/09/2010
Am I the only one that wanted Malefor not to be dead or imprisoned.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
Free Bird Ripto Gems: 602
#15 Posted: 03:22:00 08/09/2010
Well. If he didn't die or get imprisoned, that would mean a new TLoS game. I doubt they would do that.
#16 Posted: 12:09:03 08/09/2010
Who knows, many say it'll be separate from LOS but in the same universe, but others say there's little they can do in LOS now.

Y'know, the LOS universe is still the LOS universe, even if it has had some... changes. Like say, the kind of changes that happen over the course of many years. I'm not suggesting a game about adult Spyro or Spyro's kids (god forbid!) but rather an idea posted by DarkCynder_543 on another topic.

Here:

Quote: DarkCynder_543
If they continue the Originals, it could still work. They don't have to act like TLOS never happened. They could just make it that TLOS was Original Spyro's pass. They did say that TLOS was going to come before STD, so maybe it meant that TLOS was Spyro's PAST (that's before STD, so they're still right), and not the same Spyro going on an adventure before Gnasty came in. It could also explain how Spyro and Sparx got his name. And Sheila said that dragons lived in The Forgotten Worlds a long time ago.... so Legend Spyro could have lived in the Forgotten world years ago, when dragons lived there, and before portals excised. And all the places in TLOS could easily match the the levels in YOTD, just remade with knew technology. A lot could have happened to those places in about 200 years or more, before the Sorceress invaded, and the flying scorers never excised in that time.

Floating Islands = Cloud Spires.
Burned Lands, or that lava level in ANB = Molten Crater
The dam = Evening Lake definitely.
Valley of Avalar = Avalar: Summer Forest. Okay, Avalar is far away from The Forgotten Worlds, but Spyro could have traveled to Avalar at some point in TLOS series. He's traveled a long way after all.
Dragon City = Dragon Realms or Artisans World.

And a lot more.
---
Lila-the-dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#17 Posted: 13:12:26 08/09/2010
It could have shown at the end what happened to him, where he actually went. Now, THAT would make us BEG for a new game, but right now, the only thing for a new game could be him coming back or something(Malefor). Also, it could of had some of the ancestors talk to spyro, or cynder, and when he saves the earth, it could have been longer, and spyro could have winked at you at the end of the game, when hes flying with cynder, AND what could have happened with the "i love you" part.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:13:41 08/09/2010 by Lila-the-dragon
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#18 Posted: 16:20:57 08/09/2010

All of this.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5241
#19 Posted: 22:52:31 08/09/2010
Change anything. It will be an improvement.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
Adria Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#20 Posted: 02:38:55 09/09/2010
A rock falls and lands on Cynder and she dies. 8D

Agreed with NEW_SpyroLUVA and Malefor001. They said what I thought.
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#21 Posted: 04:01:22 09/09/2010
I think they could've made the ending with Spyro and Cynder a LOT more easier to understand. I mean, I believe that Spyro and Cynder died when Spyro saved the world from falling apart, but then they're flying around Avalar at the very end? That makes no sense. Are they alive, or dead? Also, like previously stated, I was confused with The Chronicler somehow "dying" and Ignitus replacing him. How was The Chronicler dead if he and Spyro met up with each other in the real world? And how did Ignitus come back to life? Like I said, it makes no sense.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
#22 Posted: 04:21:54 09/09/2010
It's been confirmed that Spyro and Cynder are alive, SpyroGamer, since their names weren't written in the Book of Death and they were clearly flying over the Valley of Avalar.

Ignitus didn't come back to life, his spirit was chosen to be the next Chronicler.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Spyros Dagger Yellow Sparx Gems: 1495
#23 Posted: 04:22:23 09/09/2010
Grr, Aura24 beat me to it! DX
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:24:44 09/09/2010 by Spyros Dagger
#24 Posted: 04:40:59 09/09/2010
You know it's lonely being the only person not wanting Malefor to either die or be imprisoned.
---
#25 Posted: 16:37:41 09/09/2010
Quote: Adria

Hee-hee, agreed.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#26 Posted: 23:40:22 09/09/2010
Quote: Aura24
It's been confirmed that Spyro and Cynder are alive, SpyroGamer, since their names weren't written in the Book of Death and they were clearly flying over the Valley of Avalar.

Ignitus didn't come back to life, his spirit was chosen to be the next Chronicler.

Well, that makes sense with the first question, but I have heard people online say that Spyro and Cynder died at the end of Spyro: Dawn Of The Dragon. I.E. This from 8:10-8:41. That's why I said that Spyro and Cynder being alive could've been a lot more clearer. But that doesn't explain how the Chronicler is alive in the real world, and at the same time dead.
---
#27 Posted: 00:16:16 10/09/2010
The Chronicler could be a spirit but that should have been made clearer before hand.

Or, before they enter Malefor's lair, Cynder says 'I'm sc-' then she gets cut off coz her head just EXPLODES out of no where! No warning just 'I'm sca'-BAM! And Spyro just starts screaming! It would have to happen really fast too, to maximize the funny. God if that happened even with exploding Cynder alone I'd laugh so friggin' hard!
---
Eragon25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2019
#28 Posted: 02:45:13 10/09/2010
I think both Cynder and Spyro should've died,along with Malefor.Reason for this:SCREW HAPPY ENDINGS.Spyro was supposed to risk everything to save the world and the game ends with him saving the world as it's falling apart(or something like that)...And he lives.
#29 Posted: 03:27:59 10/09/2010
Quote: SpyroGamer2008
Quote: Aura24

Well, that makes sense with the first question, but I have heard people online say that Spyro and Cynder died at the end of Spyro: Dawn Of The Dragon. I.E. This from 8:10-8:41. That's why I said that Spyro and Cynder being alive could've been a lot more clearer. But that doesn't explain how the Chronicler is alive in the real world, and at the same time dead.

That's because some fans didn't understand the ending.
---
#30 Posted: 03:29:59 10/09/2010
WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DIDN'T WANT MALEFOR TO DIE OR BE IMPRISONED?!

(Runs away to corner)
---
#31 Posted: 04:33:11 10/09/2010
Quote: StartheDragon77
WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DIDN'T WANT MALEFOR TO DIE OR BE IMPRISONED?!

(Runs away to corner)

Well, you know what happens to villians like this. They're defeated, everyone cheers victory, forgets about them, and then out of nowhere, they come back. Just look what happened to Ripto! He clearly died in the lava in Spyro 2, but comes back to make an appearance in Spyro 4! You never know. Malefor may be down, but he certainly may not be out.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:34:35 10/09/2010 by SpyroGamer2008
deco2709 Blue Sparx Gems: 864
#32 Posted: 07:04:20 10/09/2010 | Topic Creator
that is a possibility somehow the villan always makes a way back i don't see why it would be different in this case
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#33 Posted: 12:14:04 10/09/2010

This.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#34 Posted: 15:30:49 10/09/2010

Nope. Got a better Idea.

Quote:
Cynder: I'm Scared
Spyro: Don't Worry.
[Doors Open, suddenly we see Dr Octapanapus.]
Dr O: DR OCTAPANAPUS BWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
---
ravenouscynder Ripto Gems: 864
#35 Posted: 17:14:30 10/09/2010

you must really hate the i love you part because you're stressing it by putting it twice.
#36 Posted: 17:42:43 10/09/2010
Also possibly for the first part of Malefor fight Player 1 plays as Dark Spyro and Player 2 as Dark Cynder, and they must fight eachover at first
---
#37 Posted: 19:45:41 10/09/2010
Quote: ravenouscynder

you must really hate the i love you part because you're stressing it by putting it twice.

Yeah, you're right. Nothing wrong with suggested romance, but Spyro should stay single. Not to mention the boom in rabid SxC fans.
---
#38 Posted: 01:31:01 11/09/2010

1. Cynder doesn't say "I love you"
  2. A proper fight with Malefor. I mean really, how did we defeated him? We smashed the same button over and over. What did Malefor do? Aimlessly spamming his elements. All you need to do is get behind him, and breath ice or poison on him. The only reason I died a lot because of how bad the flying was. If I wanted to dodge quickly, Spyro/Cynder ether wouldn't move at all or move away slowly.
  3. Make Spyro say something better than, "Because you left me nothing to fight for". Make him FIGHT Cynder, instead of being all wimpy over some dragoness he hardly knows. If this would have been old Spyro, then he would have fought her, and ignored everything what Malefor said. But instead, we have this wimpy purple thing who's personality is like a brick wall, and we can't understand it at all. At first he was all, "WE HAVE TO FIGHT MALEFOR NOW!!!", but then a couple of seconds later, he was all, "oh screw everyone, even my brother! i'm giving up because some random dragon turned evil!"
  4. Ignitus STAYS dead. No magically coming back at the end without an explanation.
  5. When Malefor makes Cynder evil, make her turn back to her adult/evil self, instead of a rip of off Dark Spyro. She could have turned bad ass again, but no. What we got was a jet black version of her (which is the colour she should be, but maybe a lighter shade), white eyes and smoke coming out of her. Seriously, a three year old could have come up with something better. And make it that we get to FIGHT her again.
  6. She should have struggled to brake free off Malefor's darkness.. or whatever you call it. When she broke free of it in a couple of seconds, I just stared at her.
  7. Make the ending more satisfying. An ending to the the reboot. :D

I could go on...
---
#39 Posted: 04:14:53 11/09/2010
And on and on and on.

I just given up. Because no matter what they do there will always be someone who's unhappy with what they did. Even the new spyro game when it come out there will be fans that complain about it.

Can't make everyone happy.
---
#40 Posted: 05:03:49 11/09/2010
Yeah, even fans who doesn't like the LoS trilogy still talk about the new series. Like wanting Cynder dead, Spyro staying single, probably because the Old Spyro was single, or wanting Cynder not to say the three words some fans didn't want to hear..

What happened in the game, happened. But fans can still imagine their own version of the ending in their fandom..
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 05:16:51 11/09/2010 by Aura24
#41 Posted: 14:34:42 11/09/2010

1. Cynder doesn't say "I love you"
  2. A proper fight with Malefor. I mean really, how did we defeated him? We smashed the same button over and over. What did Malefor do? Aimlessly spamming his elements. All you need to do is get behind him, and breath ice or poison on him. The only reason I died a lot because of how bad the flying was. If I wanted to dodge quickly, Spyro/Cynder ether wouldn't move at all or move away slowly.
  3. Make Spyro say something better than, "Because you left me nothing to fight for". Make him FIGHT Cynder, instead of being all wimpy over some dragoness he hardly knows. If this would have been old Spyro, then he would have fought her, and ignored everything what Malefor said. But instead, we have this wimpy purple thing who's personality is like a brick wall, and we can't understand it at all. At first he was all, "WE HAVE TO FIGHT MALEFOR NOW!!!", but then a couple of seconds later, he was all, "oh screw everyone, even my brother! i'm giving up because some random dragon turned evil!"
  4. Ignitus STAYS dead. No magically coming back at the end without an explanation.
  5. When Malefor makes Cynder evil, make her turn back to her adult/evil self, instead of a rip of off Dark Spyro. She could have turned bad ass again, but no. What we got was a jet black version of her (which is the colour she should be, but maybe a lighter shade), white eyes and smoke coming out of her. Seriously, a three year old could have come up with something better. And make it that we get to FIGHT her again.
  6. She should have struggled to brake free off Malefor's darkness.. or whatever you call it. When she broke free of it in a couple of seconds, I just stared at her.
  7. Make the ending more satisfying. An ending to the the reboot. smilie

I could go on...

This.

@Aura and Malefor: True, but when it's the fans who've been around till day one and even gave the new Spyro a fair try who are so wholly dissatisfied something is amiss. Especially when there are so many of us who feel this way (and there are many of us). A fair amount of unhappy fans feel that they would have liked LOS if not for the bad ending too y'know. See, it's not just old fans wanting something similar to the classics, it's people who expected more from a trilogy that they liked in the start, a trilogy that tried so hard to be fresh and exciting and so on. I'm not sure if you know this, but I used to be a fan of LOS before DotD, and I probably still would be if it hadn't turned out so badly.
---
#42 Posted: 14:50:42 11/09/2010
Yes, before you went back to the Old Spyro because of DotD's flaws, and only added a word before your original username to show that you're a different fan. :3
---
#43 Posted: 15:27:04 11/09/2010
I call myself New Spyro LUVA because it's my new SpyroLUVA account. I made a new account because I lost the old info.
---
#44 Posted: 15:31:54 11/09/2010
Oh my mistake then. :3
---
#45 Posted: 17:01:58 11/09/2010
I actually had a dream on this topic. I dreamnt that Malefor captured Cynder and Spyro kept searching and searching for her. He found her sixty years later and they were happy they found eachother. I don't know what happened to Malefor.

Well you should look on the bright side of DOTD's ending. At least it was nothing like my ending in my dreams sometimes.

Another one I dreamnt of was when Cynder turned dark she ditches Spyro for Malefor because she thought he was hot.

Both those endings that I dreamt of I consider horrible and glad that the ending never turned out like the ones in my dreams.
---
#46 Posted: 17:47:11 11/09/2010
I actually had a dream on this topic. I dreamnt that Malefor captured Cynder and Spyro kept searching and searching for her. He found her sixty years later and they were happy they found eachother. I don't know what happened to Malefor.

Well you should look on the bright side of DOTD's ending. At least it was nothing like my ending in my dreams sometimes.

Another one I dreamnt of was when Cynder turned dark she ditches Spyro for Malefor because she thought he was hot.

Both those endings that I dreamt of I consider horrible and glad that the ending never turned out like the ones in my dreams.

Best. Ending. Ever!
---
#47 Posted: 17:52:19 11/09/2010

Best. Ending. Ever!

Yesss.
---
#48 Posted: 17:55:45 11/09/2010
^Apparently I'm the only one that found that ending in my dream weird.
---
#49 Posted: 09:33:18 15/09/2010
I have an idea. At the very end, old Spyro could wake up, saying, "oh, it was all just a crazy dream!". smilie smilie
---
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#50 Posted: 11:13:28 15/09/2010
I have an idea. At the very end, old Spyro could wake up, saying, "oh, it was all just a crazy dream!". smilie smilie

100% THIS! hell yes!!
And dayum does Old Spyro have some screwed up dreams 8D*shot*
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me