Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Search by topic author [CLOSED]
Crystal Dragon Diamond Sparx Gems: 8850
#1 Posted: 21:56:59 28/07/2010 | Topic Creator
BECAUSE WE NEED IT.

Quote: Crystal Dragon
Quote: ElectricDragons
Quote: Crystal Dragon
An option under Search to 'Search by Topic Author'? That way it isn't just search by title...idk though.
Random idea that came up while I was poking around on it.

It sounds very useless, IMHO. But it might be useful for others...

No one ever uses search of course, but say you remember the topic's author but not the title. As it's not currently implemented and you don't want to personally bug anyone for just a topic, what are you to do?

It would be like the user search in a way, say you switch to search by author in the search section and put in 'Spyro'. You'd get all the topics by people with the name 'Spyro' in their username, in which section you selected. You could also just put the exact username in you're looking for and get all their topics that way.

It would be great for one to go back and look over how many topics that have made over their stay on dS, just for the memories and whatnot. It could also help for, like stated above, if one is looking for a particular topic by such and such person but has no clue of the topic's title.
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#2 Posted: 21:58:22 28/07/2010
Of course we need this, surprised it has not been here yet.
Adria Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#3 Posted: 21:59:11 28/07/2010
I agree 100%.
I get to the point where I can't find a topic I'm looking for because I can't remember the title and it irritates me.
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13898
#4 Posted: 23:12:39 28/07/2010
Rest assured that this will be a part of any upgraded search that gets implemented at some point in the future.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Adria Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#5 Posted: 00:27:47 29/07/2010
Oooh finally~

Wait... what about a character limit countdown? o.o
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me