Page 1 of 1
I HATE Eternal Night! [CLOSED]
Terradore Fodder
#1 Posted: 18:58:27 31/01/2008
Hi, newbie here. Well, I loved Spyro: ANB a lot, but this new game, Eternal Night, bites dragon pellets IMO. Nothing but a lot of battling, one pointless fight after another, icons that are a **** to reach (esp. the Dragon Relics), stupid things like those switches you have to hit and then use Dragon Time to jump on a lift or reach a sliding panel before it closes etc etc (I've been stuck on that last one and have stopped playing the game for now out of bored frustration). If I DO finish TEN, I will likely never play it again. And if there's a 3rd Spyro game, I will rent it before I buy it, guaranteed.
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#2 Posted: 19:25:14 31/01/2008
Where as ANB was just fighting. Did you really play ANB? Tell what you are stuck on and help may come.
Ross Gold Sparx Gems: 2159
#3 Posted: 19:25:40 31/01/2008
Ok... How can you say that it's just combat after combat when that was ANB? This has alot more platforming and challenges to do. Next, the Dragon Relics and Quills were added merely for the entertainment of the players of the old games as collectibles. That's why they were optional to collect. The switches and Dragon Time is part of the fun and challenging puzzles of it all. Infact, you saying about that contradicts your statement about only combat after combat. And sure, it can get frustrating at numerous points. When you get frustrated, just stop and take a break for a bit until you cool down and don't make posts like this when frustrated. And you can't properly judge a game until you've completed it. Seriously, I thought EtD stunk before I completed it, and now I think it's a good game. You don't even know what TLoS 3 will be like, so the reviews will tell you whether to rent or not.

God, why can't I be this good at arguing in real life?
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#4 Posted: 19:43:48 31/01/2008
Quote: Terradore
Hi, newbie here. Well, I loved Spyro: ANB a lot, but this new game, Eternal Night, bites dragon pellets IMO. Nothing but a lot of battling, one pointless fight after another, icons that are a **** to reach (esp. the Dragon Relics), stupid things like those switches you have to hit and then use Dragon Time to jump on a lift or reach a sliding panel before it closes etc etc (I've been stuck on that last one and have stopped playing the game for now out of bored frustration). If I DO finish TEN, I will likely never play it again. And if there's a 3rd Spyro game, I will rent it before I buy it, guaranteed.

Did you really hated this game? Sad...

I just loved it, it was so exiting to see what will happen to Spyro next smilie
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
jimmy dragon Ripto Gems: 841
#5 Posted: 00:17:35 01/02/2008
i love this game the only thing i hate about the legend of spyro the eternal night is it is way too hard.
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#6 Posted: 00:21:21 01/02/2008
Quote: jimmy dragon
i love this game the only thing i hate about the legend of spyro the eternal night is it is way too hard.

Thats what I like about it smilie
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
#7 Posted: 00:26:55 01/02/2008
smilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#8 Posted: 01:11:29 01/02/2008

It was hard?![/joke]
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#9 Posted: 01:21:12 01/02/2008
smilie smilie The Arborick was super super hard you were joking for sure smilie smilie
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#10 Posted: 02:35:20 01/02/2008
Not joking. I liked it for its challenging challenges, where you got to think more.
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#11 Posted: 05:23:28 01/02/2008
I thought TEN was too hard, too, and I prefer ANB (TEN was also just too dark in mood to be exceedingly enjoyable). But once you figure out a strategy, it's not so bad.
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#12 Posted: 09:27:05 01/02/2008
Dude, I figured out Arborick in five minutes. >.> You should rather be worrying about Skabb.

But still, listen to what everyone else has said. Take a breather, see if someone answers to the part that you were stuck on in particular, and try again in a more composed state.
#13 Posted: 14:39:02 01/02/2008
smiliesmiliesmiliesmilieskabb is hard but not as hard as the arboricksmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#14 Posted: 15:51:51 01/02/2008
hardness is very very bad easyness is very very good.
#15 Posted: 16:08:25 01/02/2008
Easiness is more likely to be "very very boring" if you've been into videogames for years. I'd like to be STRETCHED when it comes to initiating strategies.

Let's look at another example. I don't know if many people played it, but Shining Force is often looked at as one of the strongest RPGs on the Sega Genesis, and I obtained it on the Wii Shop Channel because I'm a sucker for the strategy RPG sub-genre. But having found that I have been able to clear most of my fights in one go, throughout a good 90% of the game, you can tell that that is just not good when it comes to offering any form of coherent challenge. And according to my times recorded through my game logs on the Wii, I cleared it in just under 25 hours, which is RIDICULOUSLY short for an RPG.

That said, I just like to be given something to test my limits at time. I know some people like being leniant and stuff, so by that I think the only way Krome could come to a compromise with us is to establish different levels of difficulty or something. That's probably my take on all this.
#16 Posted: 16:12:30 01/02/2008
i know what no cheats in a game feels like horrible smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#17 Posted: 16:29:54 01/02/2008
There's not supposed to be cheats in the game, "jimmy dragon". The gamers did that on purpose in order to create more of a challenge for players. I beat the game without cheats in 4 days of playing it!!!! It just takes practice to ace.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
#18 Posted: 16:41:52 01/02/2008
one of the worst things possiblesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#19 Posted: 16:50:56 01/02/2008
i miss the days when every game had cheats for it cheat discs cheats in the games the days back there where awsome but now there is no cheats at all in most games nowsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Terradore Fodder
#20 Posted: 17:23:39 01/02/2008
ANB is superior to TEN because:

1. Better story. Spyro's discovery of his true identity and his quest to free the other dragons makes more sense and is more involving than this Dark Master junk in TEN.

2. Better character development. In ANB we have the splendid Dragon teachers, coolly evil Cynder, and Sparx was a lot funnier. (Sorry, Billy West, but David Spade kicks your butt in voicing Sparx).

3. The training sessions in ANB were way more fun than the dopey dream sequences in TEN.

4. You got a LOT more encouragement in ANB. There were gem clusters everywhere, and powering up was a bit easier and more fun. It was cool to see what your newly-enhanced powers could do.

5. And those powers were far better than they are in TEN IMO. Especially the Earth Breath. The one in TEN is stupid. The one in ANB rocked, especially the one that created a tornado that spun the enemies around, flung them into the sky...and they came down again with a nice juicy SPLAT!

I love the SPLAT!

And TEN is more difficult, ridiculously so, to the point where it's just no fun to play. I've read reviews on the 'net about TEN that agree with me, and what a relief that was. I'm no wimp, I just want a game that's challenging enough to be fun. That game is NOT TEN IMO.
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#21 Posted: 17:54:38 01/02/2008
Okay... I disagree completely with you on every single point.

1. Better story. Spyro's discovery of his true identity and his quest to free the other dragons makes more sense and is more involving than this Dark Master junk in TEN.

Actually, TEN's story was a lot better overall. ANB's story was basically limited to "Spyro is a dragon OMG! Now rescue Guardians! Done? OK! Beat Cynder! Done? OK! You're all done!" ANB's only real twist is Cynder not being evil... which is actually a fairly cliche point considering (although the fact that unlike most puppet villains, Cynder doesn't die/sacrifice herself is actually fairly original). TEN actually throw twists around and involve Spyro actually going on his own quest rather than following the Guardians' orders like an obedient little dog.

2. Better character development. In ANB we have the splendid Dragon teachers, coolly evil Cynder, and Sparx was a lot funnier. (Sorry, Billy West, but David Spade kicks your butt in voicing Sparx).

Splendid dragon teachers? Coolly evil Cynder? The Guardians are a big bunch of walking cliches and Cynder, although cool, didn't come off nearly as nice nor smart as Gaul did. While Gaul did pulled off plans of his own, Cynder was mostly the Dark Master's yes-man and not much more. Oh and... David Spade sounds so bored and devoid of emotion it isn't funny.

3. The training sessions in ANB were way more fun than the dopey dream sequences in TEN.

Actually, the training sessions in ANB were very straightfoward, long, and tedious. The dream sequences in TEN are more like miniature stages and are overall much more action-packed while still managing to take a lot less time to complete. In subsequent playthroughs of ANB, I was longing for a way to skip the training sessions. This problem didn't arise in TEN. Oh and... the dream sessions in TEN actually advance the plot, something the training sessions of ANB doesn't.

4. You got a LOT more encouragement in ANB. There were gem clusters everywhere, and powering up was a bit easier and more fun. It was cool to see what your newly-enhanced powers could do.

Spirit Gems everywhere make your life too easy by offering so much regeneration that there isn't any hint of danger anywhere... and well, I'd rather seek out those quills and health upgrades than the Spirit Gem #450202.

5. And those powers were far better than they are in TEN IMO. Especially the Earth Breath. The one in TEN is stupid. The one in ANB rocked, especially the one that created a tornado that spun the enemies around, flung them into the sky...and they came down again with a nice juicy SPLAT!

Better in ANB? Although this is a matter of opinion, one cannot deny that the powers in TEN are a lot more balanced and original. Oh and... the Tornado Bomb in ANB sucks ; it's a broken piece of garbage that eliminate what little challenge the game had left.

And TEN is more difficult, ridiculously so, to the point where it's just no fun to play. I've read reviews on the 'net about TEN that agree with me, and what a relief that was. I'm no wimp, I just want a game that's challenging enough to be fun. That game is NOT TEN IMO.

Ridiculously hard? TEN is hardly what I might call a top-tier game. You, sir, need to play Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, Touhou, and Super Ghouls'n Ghosts. THEN, you will have the right to say that TEN is "ridiculously hard". Even then, a more concrete exemple...

Mario Galaxy, another mainstream recent platformer. No one whines about it and people even say that it's too easy. Yet, it throws at you stages that are way harder than TEN.

... oh and the GBA version of TEN has a Hard mode that is way, way, WAY harder than anything the console will ever throw at you. It is actually quite brutal, especially regarding the later bosses... yet, no one whine about GBA TEN being too hard.

I am... mystified. I do not understand why people constantly say TEN is too hard, really.

But oh well, that is just me feeling cranky.

TEN isn't perfect (lame bosses, enemy AI not smart enough, still too short although longer than ANB ) but it is an evolution compared to ANB. I'm just a little bit sick and tired of that recent trend of bashing it due to difficulty when it isn't that difficult to begin with.

Have a nice day people.
Last edited at 17:54:50 01/02/2008 by Zerodius
#22 Posted: 18:02:01 01/02/2008
i agree with terradore except for number 1 and number 3.
#23 Posted: 20:43:05 01/02/2008
smilie smilie The Arborick was super super hard you were joking for sure smilie smilie

No... I wasn't... Arborick was a two-try boss. Made it to round 2, was 1-Hit killed by constantly jumping up and falling into poisonous water. Got a better strategy and won the next time. >.>
---
#24 Posted: 20:45:02 01/02/2008
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie he keeps spinningsmiliesmiliesmilie>:
#25 Posted: 20:45:51 01/02/2008
i have defeated the arboricksmiliesmiliesmilie
#26 Posted: 21:07:24 01/02/2008
First off, edit your first post to say that, instead of spamming with multiple posts in a row. >.>

Second, he can only spin off 2 flaming sections. So you have to be quick on your feet. Remember, fireballs can be charged. <.<
---
Terradore Fodder
#27 Posted: 00:38:37 02/02/2008
FWIW, here are two online reviews that echo MY opinion of this sad sad sequel:

http://reviews.cnet.com/playstation-2-games/the-legend-of-spyro/4505-9581_7-32509559.html

http://wii.ign.com/articles/836/836617p1.html

I think I've made my point...
#28 Posted: 00:43:21 02/02/2008
IGN doesn't count, that was a freelancer. Freelancers aren't typically allowed to tackle titles that got production values the way they did. >.>
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#29 Posted: 01:03:21 02/02/2008
Well, how can some of you hate about this game just cuz it's so hard? I LOVE this game cuz it's challenging, and plus, ANB is worse than TEN, for TEN had better moves, better story modes, better enemies, and a bit longer than ANB, but I HATED ANB cuz it's way too short and way too easy. My aunt is a fan of Spyro (she's 24 yrs old) and I let her play ANB and she beat it within a few hours. She said at some points were good, but she didn't like it cuz it was too short. But plz, don't make a topic on here saying that you hate the game. It's just terrible cuz it's my most fav Spyro game...smilie
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#30 Posted: 02:24:00 02/02/2008
I enjoy dark hopeless senarios as a core story in games. The darker the mood, the happier I am. That's why I don't like TEN... very much. I hate boring repetitive fights against boring repetitve enemies and I only like collecting when it contributes to the story.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
#31 Posted: 02:52:02 02/02/2008
FWIW, here are two online reviews that echo MY opinion of this sad sad sequel:

http://reviews.cnet.com/playstation-2-games/the-legend-of-spyro/4505-9581_7-32509559.html

http://wii.ign.com/articles/836/836617p1.html

I think I've made my point...

IGN doesn't count... oh, Rexy beat me to that comment.

Also, Gamespot, a subdivison of CNET thought much better of this game. Therefore, this is a contradiction. <.<
---
Terradore Fodder
#32 Posted: 07:43:12 02/02/2008
How about all the negative customer reviews at Amazon.com? Do they count?

http://www.amazon.com/review/p...nDateDescending

Two out of five stars. That's pretty crappy IMO.

How 'bout THIS review? Does it count?

http://www.videogamer.com/ps2/...ght/review.html

Look, I like Spyro as a character. I hope his movie kicks butt. But this new game just plain reeks. I've been fighting and kicking ass but I HAVEN'T HAD MUCH FUN!!! I don't mind difficult games if there's enough payoff to make the effort worthwhile and TEN doesn't have that payoff. JMHO.
Last edited at 22:51:16 02/02/2008 by dark52
#33 Posted: 08:49:40 02/02/2008
Concerning Amazon, those are reviews from the PUBLIC, not the critics, so no. I can't be sure on that videogamer article though.

And you say you "like dark hopeless scenarios". TEN had all that, and yet you're ignoring that, the additional platforming sections, the quill hunting, the relic hunting (which will help to boost your health at various points) and a huge chunk of puzzles to say it was "all too combat based", a reason in which ANB got elbowed often with. And like I said above, if a certain type of game turns out to be ridiculously easy concerning its genre, I'd come off as a little disappointed rather than fulfilled.
Terradore Fodder
#34 Posted: 22:45:33 02/02/2008
In other words, any opinions that don't match your own "don't count". Gotcha.

I never said I liked "dark hopeless scenarios". I like scenarios with some fun involved. ANB had that. TEN doesn't. Again, JMHO.
#35 Posted: 23:22:16 02/02/2008
HAH! You call that dark and hopeless. TEN is about as dark as my shirt and as hopeless as a cold. I also believe there are two kinds of hard:
logically hard and illogically hard (annoying for no reason). Guess which one TEN is.
---
#36 Posted: 01:05:27 03/02/2008

Look... all reviews are either random peoples' opinions, or people who get paid to voice their opinions on games.

So you hate the game... very well, that's your thought.

But backing it up with reviews is not away to show evidence as to how this game was "bad." You're just using people who shared similar opinions to back it up. But because they get PAID to do it... you think their word is law.

What I want is VIDEO evidence of what you don't like so much. So why don't you go record a video of your least favorite parts of TEN, post it on You-Tube, and then present some REAL evidence. Besides, that's one of my rules. (note: I'm not trying to flame/troll in any way, I'm stating the truth)
---
Terradore Fodder
#37 Posted: 01:48:32 03/02/2008
Doing the video thing is too much like work. But I'll tell you again:

1. I don't like the lack of gem clumps and the fact it's far more difficult to power up in TEN compared to ANB. You collect hard-to-find and even harder-to-get Dragon Relics and those stupid Quills (big deal). You fight like hell and for what? Doodly-squat as far as enhancing your powers is concerned!

2. And I don't like those new powers much. Especially comet dash and the new earth breaths. Those are barely useful compared to the Fire Bombs and the cool Cyclone Breath from ANB.

3. I don't like the fact that you spend so much time on that friggin' pirate ship. Why exactly are you there? In ANB, you go to where you have to go to rescue the other dragons and eventually face Cynder. That quest made a hell of a lot more sense IMO. In TEN, you bounce from place to place and sometimes pass out while some disembodied voice drones at you and you acquire a not-too-impressive new power.

4. And all you do is fight fight fight fight fight and Spyro is FAR more vulnerable in TEN than he is in ANB while the bad guys are tough as hell. Fight like hell, get killed a lot, eventually advance and then what? More pointless fighting. If I were fighting as part of a quest I cared about, that's one thing. But I see no point in the fighting in TEN. It's like the fighting IS the point, and that's a comedown from the worthy quest in ANB IMO.

5. All in all it's just not much fun.

I posted those other reviews only to show that I'm hardly alone in my assessment of TEN. Although it wouldn't matter to me if anyone agreed with me or not. The reason I started this topic was to share opinions with others AND more importantly, to help influence the next Spyro game, - that is, if the game designers for any future SPYRO games surf the net at all looking for feedback. One can only hope...
Anonymous Fodder
#38 Posted: 01:49:25 03/02/2008
Quote: Twilight
HAH! You call that dark and hopeless. TEN is about as dark as my shirt and as hopeless as a cold. I also believe there are two kinds of hard:
logically hard and illogically hard (annoying for no reason). Guess which one TEN is.

I didn't say TEN is dark and hopeless. IMO it's tedious and pointless and...annoying for no reason. smilie
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#39 Posted: 03:27:02 03/02/2008
Health and breath are much more helpful as you still have nearly finished upgrading your breath by the end.

You still have a tornado attack, but it is under air based attacks instead of earth. And the standard fire breath shoots fireballs.

You must have not been following the story if you think there was no reason for what was happening, and that is your fault.

There is a reason: he must get to Malefor to save Cynder and stop the Dark Master from returning if possible.

The concensus on the forum Krome is known to read is the next game should be harder still, but maybe with an option to ajust dificulty (with easy about the same as The Eternal Night on the first time through).
#40 Posted: 11:31:24 03/02/2008

No, I'm stating those that aren't really welcoming for public consensus "don't count". As I stated with the Amazon reviews, those are written by the PUBLIC, and as far as I know when they try to rate something, they aren't always the brightest tool in the shed when it comes to understanding anything. (You're looking at someone who had an entire nation fall in love with a Scottish pub singer and made him win the recent X Factor out here smilie)

And concerning IGN, the two guys who ran the podcast are two of the prime reviewers on the site. And when they brought up the reviews that the freelancer did for TEN, they thought he was harsh and thought the game was actually good.

So at least, I have stuff to back up my point rather than just simply saying it out of spite.
zacoda1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1121
#41 Posted: 16:23:38 03/02/2008
Sorry to hear that but i dont think we can control vivendi...
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
#42 Posted: 20:37:38 03/02/2008

1. I don't like the lack of gem clumps and the fact it's far more difficult to power up in TEN compared to ANB. You collect hard-to-find and even harder-to-get Dragon Relics and those stupid Quills (big deal). You fight like hell and for what? Doodly-squat as far as enhancing your powers is concerned!

2. And I don't like those new powers much. Especially comet dash and the new earth breaths. Those are barely useful compared to the Fire Bombs and the cool Cyclone Breath from ANB.

3. I don't like the fact that you spend so much time on that friggin' pirate ship. Why exactly are you there? In ANB, you go to where you have to go to rescue the other dragons and eventually face Cynder. That quest made a hell of a lot more sense IMO. In TEN, you bounce from place to place and sometimes pass out while some disembodied voice drones at you and you acquire a not-too-impressive new power.

4. And all you do is fight fight fight fight fight and Spyro is FAR more vulnerable in TEN than he is in ANB while the bad guys are tough as hell. Fight like hell, get killed a lot, eventually advance and then what? More pointless fighting. If I were fighting as part of a quest I cared about, that's one thing. But I see no point in the fighting in TEN. It's like the fighting IS the point, and that's a comedown from the worthy quest in ANB IMO.

I posted those other reviews only to show that I'm hardly alone in my assessment of TEN. Although it wouldn't matter to me if anyone agreed with me or not. The reason I started this topic was to share opinions with others AND more importantly, to help influence the next Spyro game, - that is, if the game designers for any future SPYRO games surf the net at all looking for feedback. One can only hope...

Your logic is both sick and twisted.

There was FAR less fighting in this game than in ANB.

After numerous playthroughs of BOTH games, the averages of the total time spent fighting in TEN was approximately 7 minutes SHORTER than ANB.

In ANB, even when you weren't facing torrents of Cynder's Forces, a few of the "creatures" that are inhabitants of the level appear and you fight them.
---
Terr Fodder
#43 Posted: 04:40:46 04/02/2008
"Sick and twisted"? LOLOLOL Dude you are taking this discussion far too seriously.
#44 Posted: 08:14:23 04/02/2008
Overall I'd say ONE of my biggest problems with the game is that it's too damn short (again). However THE biggest problem I have with this game is something that I can't quite put into english at the moment.
---
#45 Posted: 13:24:18 04/02/2008
Well if we have to put length into consideration, it must be figured out that at least in my point of view, only playing through both Year of the Dragon and A Hero's Tail gives us a gaming experience much longer than ten hours in total. So, the least we can see is that we didn't get a bad deal considering what can potentially be done with prior games' completion rates.
#46 Posted: 20:47:09 04/02/2008
Quote: Terr
"Sick and twisted"? LOLOLOL Dude you are taking this discussion far too seriously.

It was the first thing I could think off.

Seriously, "your logic is all inverted" doesn't roll off the tounge quite as nicely. >.>
---
sillyworld Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#47 Posted: 04:33:59 08/02/2008
this topic should be closed.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#48 Posted: 05:51:16 08/02/2008
You sound like an idiot after saying you liked ANB. And because you just can't get past something and don't like a challenge.

Quote: HIR

It was hard?![/joke]

*laughing hystarically* I concur!

ANB is superior to TEN because:

I love the SPLAT!

1. It's a CONTINUING PLOT you idiot.

2. They're still the same. I agree with Sparx's voice actor though.

3. I agree.

4. The new gems are a pain; they should've kept the spirit gems. At least the breath gems usually don't break though.

5. You talked mostly about the Earth Breath, but I must agree. TT; Stupid flail is useless because it sucks up your breath energy.

I must say that if you pay attention, though, TEN isn't that hard.

How about all the negative customer reviews at Amazon.com? Do they count?

http://www.amazon.com/review/p...nDateDescending

Two out of five stars. That's pretty crappy IMO.

How 'bout THIS review? Does it count?

http://www.videogamer.com/ps2/...ght/review.html

Look, I like Spyro as a character. I hope his movie kicks butt. But this new game just plain reeks. I've been fighting and kicking ass but I HAVEN'T HAD MUCH FUN!!! I don't mind difficult games if there's enough payoff to make the effort worthwhile and TEN doesn't have that payoff. JMHO.

Dude, no one cares about the 'offical' reveiws.

1. It is riduculus that they have such little upgrades. But, you have to manage your energy.

2. The breaths ARE more original, but Earth Breath sucked for me. The others were fine except for Ice; TT; the normal ice shot took too much energy and couldn't fire very rapidly.

3. Sometime's you get a roadblock in your path; it happens. But, I do agree that the pirates didn't have a part in the TRUE plot.

4. I have to somewhat agree; you fight a hell of a lot more than you should need to.

5. ...

Quote: Terr

Actually, he did have a point, but that's not the point of the topic.

Quote: sillyworld
this topic should be closed.

I guess you should get loss if you don't wish to find out why he doesn't like TEN.
Last edited at 05:51:42 08/02/2008 by Shrazer320
#49 Posted: 05:56:08 08/02/2008
I thought he already told us why he hates it, with numerous iterations. I also dislike it though and my core reasons for doing so are the same. I wouldn't say I hate it though.
---
Denri Green Sparx Gems: 269
#50 Posted: 00:24:28 09/02/2008
Quote: "terradore"

I thought the complete opposite. For one thing, being able to view concept art and gain larger health/magic meters are very nice additions. Secondly, I took a total of 3 run throughs of ANB to fully upgrade all my breaths, searching for all the spirit gems I could lay my paws on. TEN took me about 1 and 1/2 of a run through to fully upgrade. Much, much quicker. Also, the fact that long range AND short range breaths had separate upgrade meters in ANB made it a pain. The combined meters was much easier to work with in TEN.

I agree on the SPLAT of awesomeness from the tornado bomb in ANB. However, the earth flail is extremely useful and powerful the way I use it. It works really well if you simply tap the breath button quickly, rather than holding it.

I did not find it too hard. The simpleness of breath upgrades and health/magic upgrades made it nice to have tough platforming and foes, though sometimes it became a bit of a nuisance. Too many apes.

Okay, the dragon teachers are actually reffered to as Guardians. Cynder was awesome but she was a puppet, not 'cooly evil'. David Spade was funny in my opinion, but so was Billy West. But David's voice doesn't really match my thoughts of an insect's voice, so I say that Billy West takes the win.

No. Just no. A few things I'd like say:
1) The training was monotonous. After the first playthrough I was like, "Okay, okay, I know this already! WHY CAN'T I SKIP YOU!?!?!"
2) On the dream sequences, you advanced the storyline, discovered more about Spyro, AND you got to platform, too. Did the training have any of those things? No.

There are no less gem clusters in TEN. You just have to look for them.
Powering up was, in my opinion, harder in ANB because of the separate long and short range meters.
I like how the clusters are color-coded now. I could see what regenerates if I broke one color, so I didn't waste a bunch of, say magic gems, because I needed health and you couldn't tell which gems you'd get. This way, I can save health clusters for later if I just need magic in a fight encounter, so I'll have it when I need it.

That's all for now. This post took me around an hour to do, so don't point out my grammar/spelling errors. I tried my best to be correct, but I took forever and don't want to be reminded of the stupid errors I might have made. Thanks. =P
---
RAWR! I have ADHD. *cough42cough*
My Gallery: Click!
Dragons:Click!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me