Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Comic Ideas Please. [CLOSED]
fantasy lover Fodder
#1 Posted: 22:43:20 27/01/2008
I'm thinking about drawing my own comic series based on the legend of spyro series - I'm not going to publish them, I'm just drawing my own stories for fun. Spyro, sparx, cynder, the gaurdians, and the other characters [including the bad guys] end up in our world aka- the human world [but the characters are still in their true forms when they get there, I got that idea from the show Sonic-x since sonic and his friends are in their true forms when they enter the human world.] but I don't have a lot of ideas for all the episodes so I need your help, please feel free to throw any ideas you have for my adventures with spyro and the gang.
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#2 Posted: 23:23:15 27/01/2008
For a comic it may sound a bit complex, so I would suggest that you get the idea down as a fanfiction if anything. Trust me, I did a little comic series once (a parody on how people write fanfics, 8 pages long, and the drawing took at least two months!) and they are actually pretty tricky to do right.

If you need ideas, the least you can do is see if you can stimulate your muse to some degree. Take some time out, play games, read books, watch films, listen to music... ideas could end up flowing if you end up taking a step back for some reason. It happens a lot to many aspiring artists, whether catering for written work, drawn work, music or whatever.
fantasy lover Fodder
#3 Posted: 01:24:12 28/01/2008
ok, I'll try that.
fantasy lover Fodder
#4 Posted: 01:32:00 28/01/2008
I GOT ONE! [I got this from an episode of Corry in the House a TV series on disney channel]

In one part: Spyro's in a hurry to save me from falling off a lamp post, so he zooms by a janitor who seems to notice him from inside a building and then Cynder, and then Sparx, then Hunter [from the upcomming game in 2008]. Then the janitor cleans his glasses thinking "what the..? now I'm seeing things."smilie
Ross Gold Sparx Gems: 2159
#5 Posted: 18:10:06 28/01/2008
Good ideas, but shouldn't this be in Fandom?
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#6 Posted: 09:57:41 07/02/2008
well the first couple of chapters should be the group trying to find a safe place to hide.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
fantasy lover Fodder
#7 Posted: 22:45:52 07/02/2008
Yeah, and that's when I found spyro stuck in a hole in an old building [I pull him out of the hole and he thanks me] I let him stay at my house. A couple of days later we eventually find Cynder and sparx, when we headed back to the house the news comes on and shows the images from the night before of the young dragons [because they were caught by the police and separated, but they both escaped. Me and spyro saw Cynder on the news in Area 51, and we rescued her].
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#8 Posted: 18:51:11 10/02/2008
Coolness! smilie^
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#9 Posted: 21:29:01 10/02/2008
smiliewikedness
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
fantasy lover Fodder
#10 Posted: 03:26:34 16/02/2008
Thanx. Hmmm.....what else can I include?
fantasy luver Yellow Sparx Gems: 1286
#11 Posted: 21:01:07 29/03/2008
I know! because of the incident at Area 51, I was afraid that if we went looking for the relics [that are supposed to take the dragons home] people would recognize the dragons so I disguise them as dogs when in public. We have to find the relics before the bad guys do. The bad guys want to use the relics with dark magic to open a portal for the Dark master to come to our world. Eventually though, they had to be revealed to the world in order for everyone to know what's going on.
Gondana Blue Sparx Gems: 927
#12 Posted: 11:10:20 30/03/2008
Idea:

You could use this as a side story.

Ripto gets into trouble with the police for kidnapping the komodo-dragon from the zoo. Which ironically was stolen 2 days earlier and looks like Gulp.

PS a komodo-dragon is a giant lizard in Africa that, well looks like Gulp.
---
Who ever said its better to haved loved then lost, than never to have loved at all was a lier and should be shot.
I'll be back. (Will return in 2011)
Last edited at 11:11:21 30/03/2008 by Gondana
#13 Posted: 18:40:38 30/03/2008
I could use that idea, except I'm using characters from the Legend of Spyro series.

Another one is that some humans [gangsters, thugs, murderers, etc.] make an alliance with the Dark Master and Gaul.
#14 Posted: 00:59:25 31/03/2008
And when the Assassin [from TEN] was attacking the police and Spyro saved them, all the people crowded around him and I knew it was time to let people know about Spyro and his gang. We were on the news and I told them the whole story. Unfortunately, the bad guys heard the news too. Gaul was living in an abandoned warehouse [I haven't figured out where yet] devising a plan for the next time he and the young dragon cross paths. Just when he was getting frustrated the wind blew a newspaper on his face smilie he was going to throw it away when the image of the two young dragons, dragonfly, and teenage human caught his attention and said "What?!... SPYRO and Cynder HERE?!? that's not possible!! how could they...?". He read the article and found that I was hiding them [uh ohsmilie]

-Sorry for double posting
#15 Posted: 01:13:33 31/03/2008
If he's gonna hideout in an abandoned warehouse you must put the Mod-Squad in it.
---
Who ever said its better to haved loved then lost, than never to have loved at all was a lier and should be shot.
#16 Posted: 01:15:32 31/03/2008
What's the Mod-Squad?
#17 Posted: 12:08:29 31/03/2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod_Squad

Bunch of super spy types that catch drug dealers. The final confrontation always seems to end up in an abandoned warehouse.

Its became a bit of a cleshey like how Kenny dies in a "majority" of South-Park episodes.

Since the DM hides out in an abandoned where-house it would be funny if they showed up randomly.
---
#18 Posted: 20:10:50 31/03/2008
Yeah, maybe.

Another idea is that in the beginning of the series, the Chronicler senses "A disturbance in the air".

Sure enough, the bad guys were using the relics to open a portal for the DM. Spyro tries to stop them, but something goes wrong. Instead of letting the DM out, it created a black hole of some kind [a white hole brought the dragons to earth] so that their realm/planet ended up in our predicament. Their planet is next to our moon, and the celestial moons are a little ways away.

Note:[I saw the black/white hole thing on the science channel once and thought about applying that to my story]
#19 Posted: 19:52:46 07/04/2008
I just had a crazy idea:

The relics that are supposed to take Spyro and the gang home are scattered all over the globe [so we have to travel the world to find them.]

So here's the thing - we received word of a relic in france [luckily I took french class in sophomore year so that came in handy] and guess who tags along... Inspector Jacques Clouseau from the Pink Panther, now that would be funnysmilie
[I'm going to include the Clouseau from the 2006 film, starring Steve Martin]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#20 Posted: 02:53:54 08/04/2008
Well, if you get really bored, you could always take a shot at comicking something from the Cynder 100. I'm considering doing that, myself, whenever the whole thing is done.
#21 Posted: 19:48:22 08/04/2008
The Cynder 100? what's that?
#22 Posted: 20:23:46 08/04/2008
It's a set of one hundred short stories, all one hundred words or less, all about Cynder. I just wrote #38 today.

Cynder 100
#23 Posted: 21:57:46 08/04/2008
WOW! thank you so much Razz! this will be very useful, now I'll have more possibilities if I need them. Your my herosmilie
#24 Posted: 22:46:46 08/04/2008
Aww, thanks. smilie If you need any character references (mostly for Zephin, who was a one shot that everyone demanded I draw), I can provide them. I hope this project doesn't create any other fan characters; I thought two for LoS was enough as it was. smilie
#25 Posted: 21:33:23 10/04/2008
Whoa! wait until you hear this idea because this is something I would do if the spyro characters were real:

I would fight the assassin while flying an army plane or helicopter [am I crazy or what?]
#26 Posted: 20:43:16 11/06/2008
Another idea:

The whole Spyro thing happened in September 2006 when a bunch of scientists were testing this huge machine [I need some ideas on what it was built for]. Anyway one night there was a thunder storm, at the same time in Spyro's world Cynder was placing the crystals at the portal [like in ANB, you know: Cynder-"My master returns". Spyro-"Were too late"!] After the battle when Spyro flew away with Cynder a different portal appeared. After it sucked Spyro, Cynder and Sparx, they ended up in the same lab that the scientists were in. It appears that the portal was linked to the machine somehow. The scientists were both afraid and astounded, but the dragons and dragonfly escaped.
#27 Posted: 17:13:16 24/06/2008
Nah, I'm not sure about that. How about this:

[Parts of this refers to the 2nd Spyro clip on Spyro's lair]

part 1:

The day after the battle in convexity, Spyro, Sparx, and Cynder were chilling out in the temple. After a night of weariness, victory, and Cynder's repent everyone slept soundly. Sparx was the first to wake up, "boy what a night, I could hardly sleep with that little evil dragon next to me. She may be Spyro's friend now, but I'm telling you it might be an act. The next thing we know-she'll be using my backbone as a toothpick, and Spyro's..."Ignitus came into the room. "Sparx? where are Spyro and cynder?" "Oh, they're on the balcony...still sleeping like logs." Sparx replied. "Not anymore" added Cynder. "AAAHHHH! please don't do that again, you scared the crap out of me. Whew." Spyro snickered at Sparx's reaction. "I see." said Ignitus. "Well, the other guardians and I are going to look for supplies. be careful of enemies, though we should be back shortly." "Yes sir" replied Spyro. Ignitus caught up with the others. "Don't worry about a thing gramps, we'll be fine...I think" Sparx said. Still not open to Cynder. the two young dragons decided to get into some practice with their moves.

Meanwhile at the mountain of Malefor, an army of apes were getting ready for their assault on the dragon temple. The apes cheered for their ruthless leader, Gaul the Ape King. "Silence!" he shouted, "Even no--" a small clumsy ape knocked down a pile of armor, "sorry" he gulped. Gaul continued "Even now, our enemies prepare to defend the Temple." As the apes cheered once again gaul was casting a spell to see what the dragons were planning. He spoke an incantation: "Iork Ionnnn Ruuunn..."
"Come on! here it is" called cynder. "Great we get to spend the day inside the creepy dragon room" Sparx said sarcastically. "I need new friends" then he became startled by the decent of the dragon statue in the training room "AAAHHHH!" Having been a long time since Spyro last used his breath abilities, Spyro was uncertain of what he could do. "I don't know Cynder. I'm not even sure how this works." Cynder reassured him "Relax Spyro, it'll be fun. All you have to do is stand outside the circle, and whatever you think of appears inside the circle. Try it." "OK, here goes nothing." Spyro tried and tried to incinerate the dummy but he couldn't. "Keep trying" said Cynder, but nothing happened. "Nothing" said Spyro disappointed, "Heh, you got that right" teased Sparx. "Come on Spyro" cheered Cynder. Suddenly a burst of flames came out of his mouth. "Woah! I did it! "See? it was only a matter of time" said cynder impressed. "Give me something more challenging" suggested Spyro. Sparx butted in "Yeah Cynder. What are you thinking?" "Alright tough guy, try this one.." In the swirling mist they heard a menacing voice "Cynder". Suddenly Gaul appeared out of nowhere and started chasing the young dragons. "Cynder! end it make him go away!" Yelled Spyro. "I-I can't" without Cynder's help Spyro tried to flame him but nothing happened. "Oh no. Not again" Gaul knocked Spyro against the wall and started to go after cynder. "DO SOMETHING!" Sparx exclaimed. "YOUR'E RUNNING OUT OF TIME!" Just then Spyro started to get into a trance and gathered up some of his magic. Just when Gaul was about to finish Cynder off, Spyro started to fight Gaul in fast motion. Gaul could barely keep up with him, Spyro has defeated him for now. cynder was surprised "Spyro. H-how did you do that?" Spyro himself was confused of what he just did.
Gaul had finished his spell back in Malefor. Realizing the power Spyro has gained, he decided to end this threat to his plans of releasing the dark Master. "We must attack the Temple. The great Gaul must not fail!" the ape armies cheered all the louder. Then an ape in armor with a dreadwing came out of the shadows. He had a muffled voice "We live to serve his majesty." [I think that's what he said]

Back at the temple Spyro and Cynder were pondering on what happened in the training room. Sparx however, was thinking of other things. "I knew she was a baddie" he said to himself. "She summoned a gigantic gorilla with armor to kill us. Eesh, who was that guy anyway?" The young dragons and dragonfly said nothing about this to the guardians when they returned.

To be continued...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me