Page 1 of 1
The True Evil... [CLOSED]
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#1 Posted: 06:07:20 26/01/2008 | Topic Creator
I know that the Dark Master is the official villain of the new Spyro games and all but...

In retrospective, seeing from what has been revealed so far, the Dark Master is not a super villain. He's more of a scarecrow actually ; all he did was create the apes and teach them the secrets of the dragons' Spirit Gems and then, he self-destructed.

The apes are the true villains. It is them who used the Spirit Gems to gain their twisted technology and powers. In fact, if one look at the apes, one might noticed that they're actually very much like anti-dragons. Wherever the dragons have technology that is in harmony with nature, plants growing in their temples and all and having powers that manifest themselves in the form of natural elemental breaths, the apes have mechanical fortresses filled with heavy machinery, pollution filling the skies. Rather than elemental breaths, they use the magic to create dynamite, machines of war, and even guns (flame-throwers).

In fact, the apes even have their own mockery of the Dragon Temple (the Temple of Souls) and Gaul himself has absorbed so much power from the Spirit Gems that he has begun to mutate into a twisted mix between a dragon and an ape. One might notice how he is not only abnormally tall but has many patches of scales on his body. He also happen to have his very own "Fury" attack and even a mockery of a dragon's breath attack.

More than this, the apes are the ones who have ruined and conquered the world, not the Dark Master. Without the Dark Master's power (who has been dead all this time), the apes led a war against the dragons and ultimately, defeated the dragons. The rise of Cynder and the final plan to eradicate all dragons sealed the fate of dragon civilization... and was ultimately Gaul's doing, not the Dark Master. It was him who captured Cynder, mutated her, and controlled her, orchestrating the whole Dark Master revival scheme.

All in all, the Dark Master's return is, in truth, simply "adding insult to injury", a bonus to the apes' victory.

So, in a way, a third game is actually very undertandable now that I think about it, plot-wise ; even with King Gaul dead and the Well of Souls destroyed, making the Dark Master's return impossible, the fact remains that the apes, the very forces of darkness, still rule the world.

In the end, Spyro has failed, his journey changed nothing for the apes, ultimately, still rule all of the world, their rule unchallenged.

... so, Spyro's journey is in truth, really far from over. In fact, considering, one could even say that it's barely beginning.

That is all.

Have a nice day everyone!
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#2 Posted: 09:45:42 26/01/2008
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr long story but i agree apes are evil DIE APES
ThatsSoRaven Yellow Sparx Gems: 1166
#3 Posted: 12:18:58 26/01/2008
I agree 100% with you, Tango.
---
"We'll be right back after these messages from Binford Tools." Tim "the Toolman Taylor" or Al "Insert insulting middle name here" Borland
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#4 Posted: 12:29:35 26/01/2008
Who says that the mountain getting destoyed was not one of the thing that need to happen for him to get out, and for that matter his escaping may have caused it to collaps.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#5 Posted: 03:06:12 27/01/2008
I don't like to see things in such black and white terms. I don't think the apes are the true villains at all, but I also don't think the dragons are as perfect as they'd like us (or Spyro) to think.

The Dark Master was cast out and his only goal since that time is to get revenge on the entirety of the dragon race. He did not create the apes, but he did show them how to use the dragon's power. And in so doing, I think he took control of their entire race. Generations later, the only surviving ape from the time before the Dark Master was Gaul, and he's clearly been corrupted (how else could he have lived so long?). Like Dark Cynder, the apes are pawns in the DM's twisted game. They are his only means of acting upon the world while his spirit is trapped. Now that he's back, I can't help but wonder if he'll keep them around for much longer.

Also, the apes aren't the only bad things we see. All the nasty creatures in the Ancient Grove are natural inhabitants, indicating that there is much darkness in the world that has nothing to do with the Dark Master or anyone else. And don't forget the pirates, who are either rats or dogs (it's kind of hard to tell).
Denri Green Sparx Gems: 269
#6 Posted: 18:48:38 05/02/2008
Quote: Razz
I don't like to see things in such black and white terms. I don't think the apes are the true villains at all, but I also don't think the dragons are as perfect as they'd like us (or Spyro) to think.

The Dark Master was cast out and his only goal since that time is to get revenge on the entirety of the dragon race. He did not create the apes, but he did show them how to use the dragon's power. And in so doing, I think he took control of their entire race. Generations later, the only surviving ape from the time before the Dark Master was Gaul, and he's clearly been corrupted (how else could he have lived so long?). Like Dark Cynder, the apes are pawns in the DM's twisted game. They are his only means of acting upon the world while his spirit is trapped. Now that he's back, I can't help but wonder if he'll keep them around for much longer.

Also, the apes aren't the only bad things we see. All the nasty creatures in the Ancient Grove are natural inhabitants, indicating that there is much darkness in the world that has nothing to do with the Dark Master or anyone else. And don't forget the pirates, who are either rats or dogs (it's kind of hard to tell).

I agree 100%

Also, I think they're dogs. one killed me and i saw its head up close.
---
RAWR! I have ADHD. *cough42cough*
My Gallery: Click!
Dragons:Click!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#7 Posted: 20:47:10 05/02/2008
Quote: Denri
Quote: Razz

I agree 100%

Also, I think they're dogs. one killed me and i saw its head up close.

Those were the Pirates (known as Scavengers)... who have no affiliation with the Dark Master whatsoever (that's why Gaul's Scurvywing fleet attacked the Fellmuth Arena and why they look more like mutant-dog creatures).
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#8 Posted: 00:31:43 06/02/2008
Oh, so the pirates are dogs? It's hard to tell. What breed has a tail like that? smilie
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#9 Posted: 00:50:13 06/02/2008
Hmmm. Interesting thing about the DM....
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me