Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Deadlier then love [CLOSED]
Tibs Yellow Sparx Gems: 1183
#1 Posted: 17:37:57 09/06/2010 | Topic Creator
So I have been reading these forums for a week and have taken a interest in the FF here. I have written a few crappy Fan fics before but this is my first real attempt at a good fan fic. I enjoyed them all but I decided I will start with a romance focused FF.
This is not only my work but I owe Cartoon101 for his help in checking for spelling errors, puncuation and he even gave some story ideas(though most sucked).
I believe this will be the easiest to get in the FF mind set for now. So here it is.

Chapter 1

It has been two months after the defeat of Malefor, and Spyro and Cynder's return to Warfang. Things in Avalar went smoothly since then, and the relationship between Spyro and Cynder has slowly grown, however neither has admitted feelings for each other. Though Cynder had told Spyro she loved him before at Malefor lair it appeared he did not hear it, or did not want to

It was the dawn of a new day and both Spyro and Cynder knew this was the day to tell each other their feelings. Both paced their chamber trying to find the right words and actions.

"Cynder, we have known each other for a while and we have become good friends but I want to be more then friends." Spyro said to himself.

"No. I need something more emotional," Spyro thought. He paced around his chamber then suddenly he had an idea.
"I'll find Cynder, take her somewhere private then just kiss her!" He whispered in excitement.

However he then realized how forward and risky that might be… "No, that might be taken wrong. It may make her feel uncomfortable and think I am a freak! Ok… think Spyro think!"

Spyro was about to give up and wait until tomorrow when a final idea occurred. "Yes… this will work!" he thought! Spyro then quickly gathered his nerve and went to Cynder's chamber.

"What to say, what to say!?" Cynder thought frantically pacing in her chamber. "Spyro, we have known each other for a while and we have become good friends, but I want to be more," Cynder said to herself. "No… I need to say or do something more passionate!"

Cynder thought. She paced around her chamber then suddenly she had an idea. "I'll find Spyro, take him somewhere private and kiss him!" She whispered in excitement.

However, she then realized how awkward that might be… "No, that might be taken wrong, it may too shocking or intimidating to him!" She was distraught. "Ok, think Cynder think!"

Cynder was about to give up and wait until tomorrow when a final idea occurred. "Yes… this will work!" She thought. Cynder then quickly gathered her courage and set off to Spyro's chamber.

However, as she went to open her door she heard a knock. A voice called from the outside asking, "Cynder, are you in there? I want to speak with you."

So there it is. Any advice would be great and please comment. Anything...anything at all...
---
I love you Brittany! ^.=.^
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:55:25 09/06/2010 by Tibs
cartoon101 Green Sparx Gems: 118
#2 Posted: 17:38:53 09/06/2010
it is very solid start! :3

Edit: What did you say about my Ideas!?
---
"People try to comprehend that which they cannot understand." ~Cartoon101
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:41:18 09/06/2010 by cartoon101
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#3 Posted: 19:18:49 09/06/2010
very good.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
#4 Posted: 20:34:09 09/06/2010
Thanks for the positive comments! this is our first fanfic, but i am only the proofreader/small amount of idea........giver.
---
#5 Posted: 20:40:30 09/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: cartoon101
Thanks for the positive comments! this is our first fanfic, but i am only the proofreader/small amount of idea........giver.

Thats right! He is " only the proofreader/small amount of idea........giver" I am the real writer!

No but realy thanks so far everyone for your comments. I will tell you this story is focused on romance at the start but a actual plot will emerge and take over the story. More will come in good time. Too be honest I am still concerned about the number of people we can get to read this.
---
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9878
#6 Posted: 21:12:42 09/06/2010
that's a very nice start. good job. i'd like to see more.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
#7 Posted: 21:19:16 09/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Chapter 2

Cynder's heart pounded at the sound of the knocking and skipped a beat at the sound of Spyro's voice. Spyro began to turn away from the door just as Cynder opened it. He spun around quickly and saw Cynder standing there. She was so beautiful, her scales were as sleek as a starless sky, her wing fine as velvet, her body so serene, yet intimidating. Her eyes were as green as emeralds, as perfect as diamonds.

Spyro lost track of time staring at her. He felt as if the world stopped moving and Cynder was at its center. He shook himself out of his trance and spoke.

"Cynder, Can I talk to you?" He said trying to remain calm.

"I would like that" Cynder said with a bold feeling of confidence but also hidden fear and anxiety.

Spyro then led Cynder to a nearby woodland near Warfang. He sat down between two intertwining trees. Cynder had paid little attention to the surroundings as they traveled, her mind to focused on what she was going to say and what Spyro was doing.

The two young dragons sat down next to each other under the trees. Spyro spoke first.

"Cynder, I suppose you are wondering why I led you here." Spyro said

"The thought crossed my mind" Cynder said with a smile. Spyro tried to smile back but he only blushed.

"I wanted some alone time to tell you something" Spyro said turning to face Cynder.

Spyro swallowed hard and attempted to his words. "We have been through a lot together and I wanted to say thank you for all you have done." Spyro said quickly. He cursed himself for his cowardice.

"Oh... It’s the least I could do to help for freeing me from Malefor" Cynder said. Her original calmness was broken and she began to sweat heavily. Cynder remembered the plan she had laid out but she felt too nervous to attempt it.

Both dragons sat there in the small meadow, under the two trees looking into the distance quickly turning to glance at the other. Minutes passed before Cynder broke the ice.

She tapped Spyro on the shoulder and gently whispered in his ear, "Come on, let’s go back to warfang for some food."

After saying that Cynder began heading back to Warfang. She was so angry at herself for missing the perfect chance to finally tell Spyro her feelings.

Cynder looked behind her to see Spyro still by the two trees looking at the ground. She walked back to him curious as to why he was not coming.

Chp 3 in the works currently.
---
#8 Posted: 21:24:06 09/06/2010
that's very good. please continue.
---
#9 Posted: 03:09:16 10/06/2010
more please.
---
karen f Yellow Sparx Gems: 1578
#10 Posted: 03:10:12 10/06/2010
i like it,
---
~That akward moment when it seems like your post has made other people want to stop posting...~
#11 Posted: 03:51:53 10/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Chapter 3

Spyro stood up and looked Cynder dead in the eye. Cynder looked back into his eyes.

"Cynder, I love you." Spyro said still gazing into Cynder's eyes. The seconds after seemed like an eternity each as Spyro waited for Cynder’s response.

"I love you too!" Cynder said loudly. She then embraced Spyro and gave him a kiss.

Though through all this joy Cynder still had her doubts. Though Malefor had been defeated it was not impossible for him to return again. It
was also possible that if Malefor returned Cynder could become evil again and threaten her new life with Spyro.

Then the kiss ended. Spyro and Cynder look at each other and felt nothing but love. The two had finally came out with their true feelings. Spyro gave Cynder a hug and in this hug Cynder felt safe, like nothing would ever break the bond between them, and she wouldn’t allow it.

"I did it! I finally told her!" Spyro screamed in his mind! "She is mine and I am hers." Spyro released Cynder from his grasp. The two young dragons had no idea what they had just done. Love seemed sweet for now, but love never is a simple thing.

Neither Dragon knew what to do now. The day was young and all was well. Cynder was the first to say something.

"What should we do now?" She asked

"Head back to the warfang? Spyro suggested

"That sounds nice" Cynder said. She then licked his cheek and the two set off for their destination. The two talked and laughed as they remembered all their experiences together. The two were about halfway to Warfang when Spyro stopped.

"What is it Spyro?" Cynder asked obviously concerned

Spyro collapsed to the ground as if all the muscles/bones in his body gave out at one time. Cynder rushed to his side to see what was wrong.

"Spyro! Are you okay? What happened!?" Cynder said in a scared voice. Spyro gave no response. She saw no injuries on his body but she also saw he was not breathing. She panicked trying to find a way to revive him. She saw no nearby water source to try and wake him with water.

She then remembered hearing something a while back about how to do CPR. Cynder bent down and pushed on his chest and took a deep breath and breathed into his mouth.

"Wake up!" Cynder cried out. She was about to try again until she saw a faint smile on Spyro's mouth. She then realized what Spyro was doing.

"If you wanted seconds you only needed to ask," Cynder said in a seductive tone with a smile. Cynder then gave Spyro another kiss, stronger than the first they shared earlier." Spyro immediately gave up the ruse.

Spyro looked at Cynder and shrugged "What? Can you blame me?" Cynder only smiled and continued moving on towards Warfang. Spyro followed, a strong smile on his face.

So there you go! I must ask though, did anyone find the "CPR trick" a bit much? Also I am proud to announce that the story is about to change...alot.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:53:30 10/06/2010 by Tibs
karen f Yellow Sparx Gems: 1578
#12 Posted: 03:54:29 10/06/2010
i like this chapter, i cant wait to see the next one
---
~That akward moment when it seems like your post has made other people want to stop posting...~
#13 Posted: 03:57:29 10/06/2010
Good chapter.As for the CPR trick,Spyro isnt the first to do it and he wont be the last.I was surprised at how Cynder reacted to it though.
---
#14 Posted: 04:01:42 10/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Ok I should tell you all now so you know whats going to happen.

Cartoon 101(The co-author(not much but he has a good idea now and then) and proofreader (I dont have Microsoft word he is very helpful here) wants to write as well. So after much debate we decided that he will tell the same story, but from a different view then link them together. They will also be intertwined with eachother. I describe it like this.

There is a straight road it then splits when it encounters a mountain. You can take the left path, or the right path. Though when the mountain ends there two roads will join again.

Oh and expect more tommorrow.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:19:06 10/06/2010 by Tibs
#15 Posted: 17:29:52 10/06/2010
This is the story from Flame and Ember's point of view. This is the first thing I have actually tried writing, and any positive feedback would be appreciated.

this happens just before chapter 4. Here is the first chapter of Flame and Ember's story:

It was a warm, welcoming morning. The dragon awoke slowly, taking in his surroundings. He remembered.

He was Flame, from the dragon temple, and just yesterday he set out on an adventure because of curiosity. Flame had heard that there was a forest near Warfang that had recently been taken over by a mix of apes, orcs and grublings.

He had set out that afternoon hoping to find something interesting in the forest, but he got lost and couldn’t find his way. When he had finally given up, he heard a stick cracking.

He jumped, then said, “Who’s th-there?”

He noticed a claw rise in the air, about to strike him, when he saw the arm wave back and forth and heard a voice that said, “Hey there! What’s wrong?”

He was relieved to know there was no hostile dragon near him, though he was confused why there would be a dragon all the way out here.

“I’m Ember! What’s your name?” said the strange dragon.

He was wondering if he should tell her what happened, if he could trust her. He figured that he could trust her enough. “Flame, what are you doing all the way out here, anyways?”

Ember replied with a sigh, “I decided to look around for a dark green dragoness, about eight years old, have you seen her?”

“Sorry, I haven’t seen any dragonesses here, or dragons for that matter.” Flame said doubtfully.

Ember asked with a strange expression, “What are you doing here?”

“Curiosity, why else?” Flame replied in a sarcastic tone.

The two dragons decided to rest for the night then they would head back to Warfang to get some help.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:45:50 10/06/2010 by cartoon101
#16 Posted: 17:41:38 10/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Chapter 4

Spyro and Cynder were close to Warfang when a loud scream rang through the forest. It was not a scream of fear or surprise but one bloodlust. Both Spyro and Cynder had heard the scream.

"What was that!?" Cynder said in surprise.

"I don’t know Spyro" replied still scanning the nearby area for any sign of danger.

Seconds after the original scream another rang out through the forest. This time it was of pure fear. It sounded close.

"Cynder we need to see what’s going on I will head west, you had east, stick to the ground to avoid detection." Spyro stated. Before Cynder could say a word Spyro had bolted further into the forests. Cynder did the same.

"The day had been going so well so far then this had to happen!" Spyro angrily mumbled to himself. He sat down near a large tree and looked around. Spyro heard a faint whimpering noise. He tried to follow the noise, finally it seemed so close as if were right in front of him.

Spyro searched through the nearby bushes. He saw nothing but the sound persisted. He was determined to fine the source of the noise.

"Is anyone there!? He yelled. Despite his efforts he could find nothing. Spyro walked through the thick forestry searching the area.

"What was that?" Spyro asked in his mind. His curiosity had turned to frustration. Then he tripped over a squishy object on the ground landing hard on his face. Spyro got up and examined what caused his fall.

"Oh sweet ancestors! It’s a dragon!" Spyro yelled out in horror.

There on the ground lay a young dragon a few years younger then Spyro. The dragon was so badly mutilated Spyro couldn’t tell if its scales were red or if it was the blood leaking from the multiple wounds inflicted on the dragon that caused the scales' color. Spyro yelled as loud as he could, calling Cynder for help.

Cynder's search was going nowhere. She had begun to turn around when she heard a third yell, this time from Spyro.

"Cynder I found something! Come quick!" Spyro yelled. Cynder immediately ran off to find Spyro.

By this time Spyro was examining the body of the dragon. From the look of the body it had been there for a while, small insects crawled over the body and it smelled awful. Spyro started to heavly gag. He felt as if he pass out from the smell.

He started wiping at the scales trying reveal their natural color when it began to show. Spyro's heart fell when the color looked like Cynder's. Though as he continued the true color became clear. It was a dark green. Spyro looked around seeing if there was any sign of the attacker. He saw nothing but he began to hear the whimpering that brought him there.

Just then Cynder pushed through the bushes and saw Spyro. She was relieved to see him safe. Then her eyes lowered to the rotting sack of meat on the ground.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:42:26 10/06/2010 by Tibs
#17 Posted: 18:08:44 10/06/2010
very good.Please continue.
---
#18 Posted: 21:19:27 10/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Chapter 5

The day had quickly ended and night took over. The moon was rising to its zenith in the sky. A gentle breeze began to flow through forest moving the tree limbs ever so softly; it was so peaceful nobody would have ever dreamt of what had and would take place.

"What is that!?" Cynder said, being surprisingly calm.

"You mean who was that...” Spyro mumbled.

Cynder approached the body and examined it.
"Poor thing, though what attacked her?" Cynder pondered.

Spyro could no longer take the sight, nor the smell of the dead dragon. He turned away from the awful sight.

"How can you just sit there and look at that thing! Spyro yelled still trying to forget what he had seen. Cynder was shocked at first at how Spyro reacted but she soon remembered how sensitive he could be.

"Spyro, this is not the first dead body we have seen. We have made many more." Cynder said softly trying to calm him but also to remind him about who he was and what they had done.

Spyro whirled his head around to see Cynder. She saw that Spyro was crying.

"No! I... (Spyro stopped yelling and attempted to quiet his voice)...we never did anything like this… murdering a poor child. Spyro managed to say before he could no longer speak without bursting into tears.

Cynder saw the pain Spyro was in. She slowly walked to him and sat down beside him.

Spyro turned to face her, tears sliding down his face.

"It’s just… I… I… don’t know what I would do if that was you… if… if…" Spyro stopped

"If what?" Cynder asked

"If I lost you!” Spyro finished. He then turned away and looked at the dirt that now held his tears.

Cynder was surprised at how Spyro was acting. She then knew she meant much more to Spyro than she originally thought.

Cynder tenderly lifted up the head of Spyro and looked right into his eyes.

"Spyro, it's okay. Nothing is going to happen to me and I am not going leaving you. I love you." Cynder said with a shy smile.

Spyro did nothing but stare back at her. Though he managed to say four words. “I love you too."
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:19:52 19/06/2010 by Tibs
#19 Posted: 21:20:41 10/06/2010
Tibs's chapter 5 first, then tibs's chapter 6 before this. His fault smilie

The next morning the two dragons woke up to a nice, clear morning breeze. The sun was shining and nothing could go wrong.

“How’d you sleep Ember?” Flame asked.

Ember replied yawning loudly, “Pretty well. And you?”

“I couldn’t sleep well.” He continued, “I kept on hearing screaming and shouting during the night.”

“Wow, I didn’t hear anything like that!” Ember replied, surprised.

The two continued walking for a few minutes, then they stumbled on a rotting body.

“Wow, what could of happened here!?” Flame said, shocked.

“That is the dragoness I was talking about! That’s my sister!” Ember sobbed.

The two stayed there several minutes, mourning her death and Ember’s loss.

“Come on, let’s take her back to Warfang where she can get a proper burial.” Flame finally said.

“We should move before sunset,” Ember was crying fiercely now.
They were beginning to walk back to Warfang, when Flame noticed some blood and some sort of black pus.

“EEEWWWWWWWWW!” Ember exclaimed.
“What’s so bad about that?” Flame replied laughing as Ember stepped in the pus.
He turned serious and said, “There must have been some sort of fight here, but I don’t know where that black gunk could of come from.”

“We have to find out who killed my sister, and I bet they caused this trail of blood!” Ember said angrily.
“Don’t we have to take the body back though?” Flame said, suddenly concerned.

“Never mind that, we will just give her a burial here!” She said, still furious.
The dragons said a few words, then buried the lifeless body to be returned to the earth. They started following the trail of blood and pus…

how do you like the split story so far?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:30:39 11/06/2010 by cartoon101
#20 Posted: 23:59:22 10/06/2010
This is really good.
---
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8537
#21 Posted: 00:01:53 11/06/2010
Awesome, keep going.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#22 Posted: 00:27:28 11/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Attention read all the following before reading the chapter! I have just spotted a major flaw. I made a mistake in the order of how the storys go. Cartoon 101's 2nd story entry was posted to early. It was supposed to come after chapter 6, not after chapter 5.

This is my fault for telling Cartoon it was ok to post his chp 2 and I apologize. Here is chapter 6, it takes place just before Cartoon's 2nd entry about Flame and Ember finding Ember's sister.

===========================================
Chapter 6

"Spyro! Help!" a loud voice cried out!

Spyro woke up to see a dragoness being pulled away by several dark, shadowy figures. They where humanoid in appearance but horribly deformed with a boney tail. They stood some 8ft tall and appeared to have several dragon limbs sticking out of the skin in numerous places. Though despite their deformities, they moved as silently as the moon in the sky.

"Cynder!" He yelled out. Spyro charged as fast as he could into the hordes of monsters. Cynder was trying to fight but she was too injured to cause any significant effect.

Spyro pushed many of the monsters aside before they overcame him, throwing their body's on Spyro. He was close enough to see Cynder on top of a wooden platform, her limbs stapled to the edges, her blood flowing freely.

"Spyro! Help me! Please!" Cynder said faintly, she was beggening to pass into unconscious.

Spyro went into a frenzy and began scratching and biting furiously at the monsters surrounding him. The Monsters fought back, clawing and biting at Spyro. Though he broke free Spyro was wounded and this slowed him in pursuit of the retreating Monsters holding Cynder. Spyro ran for what seemed like hours but he never could reach Cynder.

"Cynder!" Spyro yelled before he collapsed.
He fell hard down into the dust from exhaustion. He tryed with all of his will to crawl towards Cynder but his vision faded into darkness.
The last he saw was Cynder lying on the wooden platform, motionless, a glazed look in her eyes.

Spyro regained consciousness hours later. He awoke to see nothing but the forest surrounding him. He began to remember what had happend."Cynder.."Spyro whispered to himself. " she's gone..(his voice began to turn from absolute misery to pure anger) THEY took her!"

Spyro lept up to see if he could find any trace or clue to where Cynder was taken. It only took him one minute untill he found a small puddle
of red blood and what appeared to be black puss and ichor. Spyro knew this was were they the monsters had attacked. He also saw a stream of blood leading further into the depths of the forest,
somewhere Spyro had never been.

"That blood is..Cynders!" He yelled out. Immediately he started to follow the thin trickle of blood. The thoughts of what had
happend earlier haunted Spyro's mind. Anger clouded his vision for his failure to protect her.

Spyro followed the trail up untill it abruptly ended. There was no sign of where they had taken Cynder.

"No! This cant be happening! Spyro yelled out. " This has to be a dream! It has to be!" He yelled out again in pure anger.

At that very moment a young, light blue dragoness with a small necklace around her neck, about 7 years old slowly walked out of a bush and approached Spyro.
" Whats wrong?" she asked innocently, a little scared.

Spyro whirled around to see the little dragoness. His eyes were filled with anger, his soul with malice and the lust for revange.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:38:43 11/06/2010 by Tibs
#23 Posted: 03:18:00 11/06/2010
more please.
---
Solister Gold Sparx Gems: 2478
#24 Posted: 08:26:36 11/06/2010
This is a very good story, both of you have done a fantastic job so far
Keep it up smilie
---
Heavy: MEDIC!
Medic: NO!
smilie
#25 Posted: 18:58:32 11/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Chapter 7 Warning: The following chapter is incredibly violent and dark. Cartoon101 even had problems reading it for corrections because of the content.

----------------------------------------------
Spyro pounced the little dragoness. She screamed in fear, her eyes had become filled with it.

"Who are you!? Why are you here!? Where is she!?" Spyro yelled

The dragoness had started to cry. She struggled to respond to Spyro.

“My name is Andice, I came out here to find my toy my sister stole from me." She said through her tears.
Spyro only got angrier.

He then began rapidly slamming Andice into the ground over and over, her head violently smashing into the ground. She cried in pain, unable to fight back.

"What did you do with her!? Spyro yelled again

“I don’t know who you're talking about." Andice managed to say through the pain raging through her head.

"Liar!" Spyro snarled.

He then slashed the side of the little dragon's face leaving a deep cut. She screamed in pain. Spyro looked at the blood on his claw, it only fueled his bloodlust. He returned his attention to the terrified and bleeding child.

“Tell me what you did with her! Why did you take her!?" Spyro continued on still holding Andice to the ground.

“I told you I don’t know!" The little dragoness cried out.

Spyro stared into the eyes of the child. His eyes that once showed benevolence, confidence and peace now showed nothing but hate, as if he was someone else… Something else.

Spyro began to lose control of himself and brutally began slashing and clawing at the body of the child. She let out a scream not of fear or
surprise, but one of pure pain.

"Tell me where she is or I will tear you to shreds!" Spyro yelled in such a menacing voice it sounded nothing like his own.

Andice could barely move, let alone speak. She barely managed to say three words " I don’t know."

Spyro lost all control and began ripping and tearing at the little child known as Andice. He finally ended her life with a savage bite to the neck. Andice twitched for a bit then fell, silent...motionless.

Spyro moved back several steps and breathed heavily. He suddenly felt a great rush of emotion flow out of his body. He gasped for air trying
to recover when he saw what he had done. There on the ground lay the little seven year old child, he had murdered.

"No… No… I didn’t do that! I couldn’t have! Spyro cried out.

Spyro examined his handiwork. Every time he would blink he saw the body of the dark green dragon in his mind that he and Cynder found only just a day before. He saw the numerous injuries he had caused to Andice. Many would individually have been fatal. A large puddle of blood
began to take shape where the body lay. Spyro gazed at his claws, still dripping with blood.

"I did do it... I… Murdered her…" Spyro said in such a strained and quiet voice he could barely hear himself.

A single word echoed in his mind.

Murderer....

So there it is! The most violent chapter in the Fan fic. Please leave a comment telling what you thought about the chapter and how you felt while reading and after reading.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:21:01 19/06/2010 by Tibs
#26 Posted: 19:10:56 11/06/2010
Oh dear is all I can say
---
smilie
#27 Posted: 19:19:42 11/06/2010
I am very sad now.
---
#28 Posted: 19:24:03 11/06/2010
great story. you're both good writers. that last chapter was brutal. because Spyro was blinded by hate, he couldn't stop himself from murdering an innocent child. though it was violent, it was very well done. to me, it shows that anyone is capable of murder.
---
#29 Posted: 19:24:31 11/06/2010 | Topic Creator
The point of this chapter was to try and get you into the emotional mindset Spyro had, minus the anger part. Looks like it worked.
Edit: Oh and to show what love can cause.

Thank you for reading! More is will come today and it will be far less..dark.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:25:22 11/06/2010 by Tibs
#30 Posted: 19:35:28 11/06/2010
ok, great. can't wait for more.
---
#31 Posted: 21:58:42 11/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Chapter 8

It was midday by now. The gentle breeze that was so welcoming a night ago was turning into strong, bitter force

Spyro did not know what came over him...what caused him to...murder a poor child. He could not take it anymore and ran off into the thick forestry. He did not know where he was going or why he was running but he continued to run regardless.

Cynder awoke to utter silence. Her vision was blurred at first but it slowly returned to normal. She looked around to see where she was. It
looked like some sort of grand pantheon with a large roof towering above the ground level. Large pedestals along the side of the walls lit
the room but it was not fire that they harbored, it was a strange dark purple flame.

As her eyes darted from object to object her vision became fully focused. She got up to move but she felt a strong tug on her neck.

She looked to see that large metal chains were tightly clamped around her.She tried slip out of it but it only choked her.

"Hello!? Is anyone there!?" Cynder yelled out. She heard her voice echo several times. Cynder then noticed something she hadn’t before. A strange pool of some black fluid was in the center of the large room. She had to know what it was. Cynder turned to her metal chain and began to claw at it. The chain gave way and split with a loud screech.

Cynder then approached the pull and stared into it. The black liquid began to move, slowly at first. With a great speed it twisted and
turned then the black liquid began to change colors and shapes.

Cynder began to see what looked like the story of her life. The images in the pool changed so quickly Cynder couldn’t see what they were. Suddenly the images stopped and returned to black, but the fluid kept its movement.

Slowly the blackness turned to light and began to show more. Suddenly then the pool moved as if Cynder was seeing a vision of her thoughts. The pool showed Spyro and Cynder defeating Malefor, The Golem, Spyro's supposed sacrifice to save the world from splitting apart.

The visions continued up until the moment Spyro and Cynder had their first kiss. The peaceful montage of Cynder’s life with Spyro ended when the visions quickly sped up.

Cynder saw her capture by the sickly monsters whom she still had no idea who or what they were. Cynder felt a tingle of pain ring throughout her body.

Then the pool returned to Spyro and Cynder’s first kiss. Cynder reached out her hand to touch it but a sudden voice stopped her.

“You love him, don’t you?" a sly feminine voice spoke out. Cynder whirled around to see a pure black dragon but with soft blue eyes
approaching her.

"Yes..." Cynder said softly gazing back into the pool.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:26:54 19/06/2010 by Tibs
#32 Posted: 21:59:54 11/06/2010
Personally I thought that chapter 7 was really dark, but it was written well. Anyways, here's more of Flame and Ember's side, enjoy!

Flame and Ember were walking along the forest trail, where the blood stopped, but the pus continued. They were walking until about mid-afternoon.
“Do you even know where we’re headed?” Flame asked. “The trail has gotten so wide and ‘fuzzy’ that they could’ve gone anywhere.”
“I can smell the source of the blood,” Ember said, still furious at the monsters that she thought had killed her sister.
“Don’t you think your taking this a bit too far, Ember?” He said.
“I am not taking this too far!” Ember screamed.
Flame was beginning to regret helping Ember find her sister's murderers. All she had done was complain and blame him for
everything that had happened. Just then, a grotesque, 8 foot tall monster jumped out of the bushes and bared its fangs, if you could call
them that. The monster looked like something that a 5 year old boy drew with a black crayon and didn’t try to stay inside the lines.
Ember froze up. She stood there helplessly as the monster charged at her. Flame jumped in front of Ember, knowing she would
unfreeze in a moment. The monster charged straight at Flame, but Flame stopped the monster in its tracks with his fire breath, burning its
"skin". The monster recoiled in surprise, but quickly recovered. By then ember had become aware that she would be safe as long as flame was
breathing.
Flame was backed up to a tree, and he knew he couldn’t do anything. Suddenly he saw this pink blur rush in front of him, and a few seconds
later the monster was wounded with many cuts and burns.
“Thanks! I owe you one!” Flame said, ecstatic.
“Think nothing of it!” Ember said, smiling.
The monster started again, this time at Ember, realizing she was a bigger threat. But it was wrong. When Ember was distracting it, Flame flew
up behind it, winked at her, and slammed the beast into the ground. The monster struggled to move, it knew it had been beaten. Flame and
Ember than breathed fire on it, burning the monster to ashes.
“That was a good idea you had back there, Flame. Now I know why you didn’t finish it the hard way. You saved my life. Thank you.” Ember said,
gratefully.
“If it weren’t for you I would be in pieces right now. I owe you a thanks too,” Flame said, blushing. It was impossible for her to notice
though, despite him being red.
“I’m glad we’re even, now I don’t have to pay you back,” she smirked.
“I think you do, seeing as I saved your life, twice,” Flame taunted.
“I don’t owe you anything!” Ember said in a giggly manner.
“Oh, you owe me something!” Flame said in a flirtatious manner, then he remembered what they were supposed to be doing. “What about your sister?" Flame asked. Ember quickly remembered what had happened.
"You are right." Ember said.
“Ember, do you see that?" Flame asked pointing at an object in the distance.
As they got closer Ember began to run. "Oh no... Not again!!" Ember cried out as she approached what she now knew was a body.
---
#33 Posted: 22:08:01 11/06/2010
very nice. please write more.
---
#34 Posted: 22:22:14 11/06/2010
Good parts smilie
---
smilie
#35 Posted: 01:08:41 12/06/2010
very good,I hope we get more soon
---
#36 Posted: 02:10:22 12/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Chapter 9

Cynder snapped out of her "trance". Quickly she returned her vision to the black dragoness in front of her.

"Who are you?!" Cynder growled at the black figure in front of her.

The dragoness was within 10 ft. of Cynder when she stopped.

“You may call me Andrala." The dragon then moved closer to Cynder ignoring her threatening stance.

"What do you want!?" Cynder yelled out, ready to attack the Andrala at any moment.

“You will soon find out.” Andrala said with a sinister smile.

Spyro had been running through the forest for hours now seemingly trying to escape his past. Finally he stopped and looked around. His mind was still in shambles as he tried to piece his mind together. The sun was going down and the wind current was growing stronger.

Spyro did not know what to think. He was still trying to grasp the idea that in his blind anger he had killed a child when he felt something
was behind him. He whirled around to see one of the monsters who had captured Cynder behind him. Spyro felt a rush of anger surge through his body as he remembered the event.

Spyro leapt onto the monster and began to rip and tear into its skin. Its body was so compact Spyro had trouble pulling his hands from its
chest. The monster pushed Spyro off of itself and got back onto its feet. Spyro was relentless in his attack and immediately charged at the
monster again. He rammed right into its legs knocking it off balance. Spyro followed by breathing fire right onto its face. Though the monster did not relent in its attack either.

It grabbed Spyro by the head and began smashing it into the dirt. Spyro escaped by using the spikes on his tail to rip into the monster's
arms. The monster released its grip for just a moment but that was all Spyro needed. Spyro charged again at the monster this jumping into the air and slamming his jaws down right on the head of the monster.

It flung about for a short time before it finally collapsed to the ground. Spyro released his grip, and spat out the mixture of pus,ichor and the strange black fluid now filling his mouth. He took a deep breath and examined the body.

"This thing is not natural." Spyro mumbled to himself. Spyro then noticed something strange on the body. He saw the face of the Dark Green dragon he and Cynder had encountered the other day.

"How is this possible?" Spyro said in astonishment. “She was dead! Both Cynder and....Cynder!" Spyro shouted realizing what he was doing.

Cynder had been captured by these monsters, she was likely dead or worse... and Spyro had done nothing to save her. Instead he had murdered a child and ran away.

"No… I won’t let them do whatever they did to this dragon to Cynder!" Spyro said as if he was talking to someone else.

Spyro still did not know where Cynder was but he noticed that the monster that attacked him had left behind a thing trail of black liquid. He followed it all through the day and night never stopping in his search.

Spyro followed the trail all the way to a large mountain. He had no idea where he was but he found what appeared to be a entrance into the
mountain. As Spyro drew closer he saw faint light coming from the entrance.

“Don’t worry Cynder, I will save you." Spyro said to himself before he ventured into the mountain.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:28:23 19/06/2010 by Tibs
#37 Posted: 08:44:25 12/06/2010
Good chapter smilie
---
smilie
#38 Posted: 18:26:48 12/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Chapter 10

Give me one reason not to attack you!" Cynder growled at Andrala.

“Curiosity, surely you want to know why I brought you here and the fate of your beloved Spyro." Adrala said, who was now walking in circles around Cynder.

“How do you know who he is?" Cynder yelled with a slight hint of fear in her voice.

Andrala did not answer. Instead she walked towards the pool and stopped on the opposite side of facing Cynder. She lowered her head and touched the it.

“Look” Andrala said gesturing to the pool. Cynder tried to resist and stay focused but her eyes lowered to look. Just as before, the fluid
moved to create a clear image. Cynder saw Spyro yelling in anger, then she saw a little dragoness come out of the bush and ask him "what’s
wrong?".

Cynder watched in horror at the events that followed. She saw Spyro brutally murder the small dragon, every second was like torture to Cynder.

"No! That isn’t possible he would never do that!" Cynder yelled out.

"Oh but he did, do you want to know why?" Andrala said in her sly voice. Cynder had become speechless trying to comprehend what she had seen and did not respond to Andrala.

Adrala only smiled at Cynder's condition. Then two large dragons entered the room and walked towards Andrala.

“Igor, bring me one of the minions. Drogan, you bring me one of the prisoners." She said in a commanding tone. As ordered, the two dragons left the room and headed separate ways in to the twisting corridors.

Within minutes the two dragons returned. Behind one there was a monster, apparently called a "Minion" by Adrala, behind the other dragon followed a teenage dragon who looked terrified.

Cynder recovered from the shock and returned to reality.

“What do you want!? Where is Spyro!?" Cynder roared at Adrala.

Adrala ignored Cynder's comment and walked towards the minion and the teenage dragon.

“Look into the pool" She said to Cynder.

Cynder did not want to but, she had become too concerned for Spyro to ignore anything Adrala said, she looked. She saw her capture again, but this time she saw Spyro's fight with the Minions who overcame him. When it was over Cynder looked to Adrala.

“Where is he!?" Cynder snarled at Adrala.

“You see that black fluid? That is the source of the minions." Adrala spoke calmly, ignoring Cynder. She walked to the minion and to the
dragon. She grabbed the dragon by the throat and pulled him to the minion.

"Let me go!" The dragon begged. Adrala then used her razor sharp claws to tear into the flesh of the minion. It showed no emotion and just stood there. Black liquid poured out of the wound. Adrala held the dragon beneath the wound. The liquid rushed into his mouth.

“Why are you doing this!? The dragon screamed between gasps for breath, the fluid still flowing into his mouth.

Andrala then threw him to the ground and returned her gaze to Cynder.

"That fluid is something I created, I call it the "Waters of Life" . It functions in three ways. The first is to cause massive mutation throughout the body, the second is to fill the body with pure hate and the third is to rip the soul from the body completely. Even the slightest taste will eventually turn them into a minion. Oh and did I mention it can restore "life" back into the body?"

Andrala said with an evil smile on her face.

Then the dragon that Andrala had made drink the fluid began to shake violently. He screamed in pain as his body mutated. Additional limbs
grew out of his body and his scales turned into grotesque looking skin that never seemed to stop moving. His eyes changed color to pure
black. Within seconds any sign of a soul left the body. Where a dragon had once stood, now a stood a minion.

Although Adrala's words terrified Cynder she then found a faint glimmer of hope in her words. If the " Waters of life" create anger it must of been what caused Spyro's anger that led to him to murder that poor little dragon!

"Dont lie to yourself child, I know that you are thinking the Water of Life caused Spyro to murder the child but you are mistaken. The small amount of the Water of Life he had taken in would not of taken effect by then. It was his own emotions that caused him to snap. HE murdered her, nothing else! Andrala spoke softly at first but ended yelling as she looked straight into Cynder's soft eyes.

She turned her head and pointed towards one of the minions.
“Your precious Spyro will soon be one of them...unless you are willing to do me a little favor." Adrala said with a sick smile.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:27:14 12/06/2010 by Tibs
#39 Posted: 19:37:35 12/06/2010
This is really good.
---
#40 Posted: 20:10:41 12/06/2010
Good chapter smilie
---
smilie
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me