darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night > How do you beat the blundertails the second time ?
Page 1 of 1
How do you beat the blundertails the second time ? [CLOSED]
Spyrothelegend Yellow Sparx Gems: 1105
#1 Posted: 00:36:32 18/01/2008 | Topic Creator
I know that HIR and Darkspyro52 made a guide but its not really working for me because I cant beat the blunder tails so (the ones before you fight Skabb) can someone give me some extra hints ?
---
I am theneopetmaster on Deviant Art and my fav character issmilie (and I'm a girl)
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#2 Posted: 00:40:31 18/01/2008
The same, only you have to work harder at it, and if possible have your fury ready.
#3 Posted: 01:00:08 18/01/2008 | Topic Creator
I tried it and I beat them I'm up to Skabb now ! I have a question I want to quit the game now, will I still be up to skabb if I quit ?
---
I am theneopetmaster on Deviant Art and my fav character issmilie (and I'm a girl)
Last edited at 02:08:46 18/01/2008 by Spyrothelegend
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#4 Posted: 02:50:50 18/01/2008
Never tried quititg in a boss fight so I do not know.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#5 Posted: 02:53:00 18/01/2008
Quote: Spyrothelegend
I tried it and I beat them I'm up to Skabb now ! I have a question I want to quit the game now, will I still be up to skabb if I quit ?

Did you see the Autosave icon? *picture of memory card or Wii*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#6 Posted: 03:28:58 18/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Never mind, it took AGES but I FINALLY beat him
---
Last edited at 04:28:53 18/01/2008 by Spyrothelegend
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#7 Posted: 05:24:21 18/01/2008
Congrats! If you need any more help, you can always ask us on here smilie
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
#8 Posted: 06:33:19 18/01/2008 | Topic Creator
aww Thank you smilie I will
---
#9 Posted: 15:47:33 18/01/2008
Oh, you're welcome smilie
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#10 Posted: 16:15:48 18/01/2008
I beat the Blunder Tails real quick, due to the fact that my fury bar was full and I used it on them. I should of saved it up, though. I had to defeat the Ravage Rider the old fashioned way: continuously hitting him and dodging his attacks.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
#11 Posted: 21:42:31 18/01/2008
The Ravage Rider is one of the hardest bosses on this game. It would take me like 10 times sometimes for me to beat him finally...smilie
---
#12 Posted: 21:58:10 18/01/2008
Quote: Dragongyrl1000
The Ravage Rider is one of the hardest bosses on this game. It would take me like 10 times sometimes for me to beat him finally...smilie

It took me 2 minutes. <.<;
---
#13 Posted: 00:25:39 19/01/2008
You lucky...^ That must mean you're a better gamer than me...and I DO know that you're older than me, so that's prolly why......
---
#14 Posted: 02:44:55 19/01/2008
The Ravage Rider was an easier version of Steam. As there were no REAL hazards to worry about, PLUS you had Dragon Time.

Even without Dragon Time, I beat while only taking minimal damage.
---
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#15 Posted: 03:21:30 19/01/2008
Quote: HIR
The Ravage Rider was an easier version of Steam. As there were no REAL hazards to worry about, PLUS you had Dragon Time.

Even without Dragon Time, I beat while only taking minimal damage.

It took a bit of practice, but same here.
#16 Posted: 22:24:50 19/01/2008
I had plenty of practice considering the number of times I played ANB all the way through... so I became an expert at facing Steam.

And if you can beat Steam with ease, the Ravage Rider is a cakewalk. <.<
---
#17 Posted: 23:15:02 19/01/2008
Gosh! Not even using dragon time? Man, you must be good! smilie
---
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#18 Posted: 01:26:02 20/01/2008
I really don't get why people have so much difficulties facing Blunder Tails and Ravage Rider.

I mean, ANB had harder bosses than those (Steam notably) and yet, no one whined about them.

Blunder Tails especially are simple. I mean... they're extremely basic "break guard, exploit weakness, use finisher".

And Ravage Rider? His cannonballs are nowhere near as precise as Steam's meteors, he's slower, his flame-thrower is a lot weaker (and has shorter range), and the terrain doesn't have lakes of lava everywhere.

How come anyone have so much difficulty with those two baffles me... but on another hand, TEN seemed to attract many new people to the serie and TEN, due to its difficulty level, might be a less gentle introduction to the Legend of Spyro games than ANB. TEN is still not terribly hard (infinite lives and frequent checkpoints help a lot. Bosses, excluding maybe Skabb, are not that hard) but maybe that could explain it.

Oh well.

(note: for those who have difficulties against Blunder Tails and Ravage Rider, this is probably due to an incorrect play style. DO NOT RUSH TOWARD BOSSES! Adopt a defensive play style ; focus on avoiding the attacks and when the enemy show a moment of weakness or do a mistake, punish them. It might seem silly but this play style is handy not only for TEN but for most boss encounters in most games in general.)
#19 Posted: 09:17:44 20/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Zerodius
I really don't get why people have so much difficulties facing Blunder Tails and Ravage Rider.

I mean, ANB had harder bosses than those (Steam notably) and yet, no one whined about them.

Blunder Tails especially are simple. I mean... they're extremely basic "break guard, exploit weakness, use finisher".

And Ravage Rider? His cannonballs are nowhere near as precise as Steam's meteors, he's slower, his flame-thrower is a lot weaker (and has shorter range), and the terrain doesn't have lakes of lava everywhere.

How come anyone have so much difficulty with those two baffles me... but on another hand, TEN seemed to attract many new people to the serie and TEN, due to its difficulty level, might be a less gentle introduction to the Legend of Spyro games than ANB. TEN is still not terribly hard (infinite lives and frequent checkpoints help a lot. Bosses, excluding maybe Skabb, are not that hard) but maybe that could explain it.

Oh well.

(note: for those who have difficulties against Blunder Tails and Ravage Rider, this is probably due to an incorrect play style. DO NOT RUSH TOWARD BOSSES! Adopt a defensive play style ; focus on avoiding the attacks and when the enemy show a moment of weakness or do a mistake, punish them. It might seem silly but this play style is handy not only for TEN but for most boss encounters in most games in general.)

Sometimes people just have a hard time playing games, TEN is only my second game and not many people are "game masters" so it doesn't matter if we think blunder tails are hard as long as we are enjoying the game smilie
---
#20 Posted: 15:34:58 20/01/2008
Quote: Spyrothelegend
Quote: Zerodius

Oh well.

Sometimes people just have a hard time playing games, TEN is only my second game and not many people are "game masters" so it doesn't matter if we think blunder tails are hard as long as we are enjoying the game smilie

It's still unacceptable. You're even equipped with Dragon Time for Pete's sake!

Plus, the Ravage Rider only shoots his flamethrower on one side when he charges through the middles. Steam would should it out both sides. Plus, the Cannonballs are mostly shot in the center of the arena, and you can actually see them. With Steam, it was too dark and the fireballs were shot into the air.

Plus, your melee attacks do more damage than they did against Steam. >.>
---
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#21 Posted: 12:11:08 21/01/2008
I think the Ravage Rider and the Blundertails are actually quite simple to beat when you work out a good attack (and defence) routine. It's even possible to beat the Ravage rider in two go's without even allowing Ravage Rider to fight it's second healthbar.
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me