Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > Spyro: Legacy of Ages Film Trilogy Q&A
Page 1 of 1
Spyro: Legacy of Ages Film Trilogy Q&A [CLOSED]
jamieque Blue Sparx Gems: 766
#1 Posted: 15:25:15 16/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Ask me some questions about the film trilogy. I started this topic as Q&A topic for anyone who is interested in learning more about the films and what is going on behind the scenes currently.

I am planning to do a youtube video sometime this year which will feature the first official trailer for the film.
okami12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2205
#2 Posted: 17:05:02 16/01/2008
what it about?
BASALT Green Sparx Gems: 218
#3 Posted: 17:17:14 16/01/2008
how will you know all the answers?
---
An apple a day=7 apples a week!
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Throw your apples at your doctor!
www.RGAclan.tk Please join the site!
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#4 Posted: 17:24:20 16/01/2008
Because this is his fan film, if it was the official film then there would be some question as to how he gets his information.
BASALT Green Sparx Gems: 218
#5 Posted: 19:02:12 16/01/2008
OOOHH. i thought it was about the spryro movie!
---
An apple a day=7 apples a week!
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Throw your apples at your doctor!
www.RGAclan.tk Please join the site!
jamieque Blue Sparx Gems: 766
#6 Posted: 01:42:55 19/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Well, actually, Gwenio, years ago I sent a proposal to Universal and an rough outline for a Spyro film back in 2000 but they rejected it. That is one of the reasons this film is a Fan-film and remain a fan-film. The studio system is just too much of a headache to deal with. I bet if I had had millions of dollars and approached them with an idea for a Spyro film they would have not been so quick to reject my proposal.

As for what the film is about, Okami12, it is story of Spyro's Past, Present and Future all wrapped up in one neat little package. The film... um films will explore the origins of Spyro and give the original storylines of both the Legend of Spyro and the original game series a whole new different twist. The films tie the events of Legend of Spyro into the original series storyline and adds totally new details and history to everything. In other words, I am filling in the holes in the plots of the original Spyro and the new incarnation.

The whole franchse, since its beginning, has had the bad habit of never answering any of the questions that keep coming up. And what makes it worst is the fact that with each new installment more questions and mysterious pop up. There is no excuse for this lack of effort to add depth and detail to this series. 10 years and we still don't know who Spyro's parents are. They won't let Spyro grow older or mature. The story has remained stuck until the recent new games. However, even the Legend of Spyro games have left me scratching my head. The fact that storyline borrows so heavily from Lord of the Rings also doesn't make things any easier.

It is these reason why I started working on making the Spyro: Legacy of Ages films. The fans need answers and after 10 years it is way past time to respond to the fans wishes. There is also the fact that there has not been much fan input into the series. A franchise will only survive if the fans are heard and sadly I don't think we have been heard much. I mean it is so obvious to me that the fans have tons great ideas that would make great games but it is highly doubtful that any of our ideas will be used. However, I am doing these films as a way to make Sierra and their partners sit up and take notice that there are fans out here who can create Spyro adventures that are just as amazing as the official ones.

So, I am happy that this project is Fan made because unlike the studios making the other film I will listen and take advice from you guys. These films will be good because I consider them to be a team effort.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me