Page 1 of 1
Doesn't this game? [CLOSED]
Azul10166 Green Sparx Gems: 397
#1 Posted: 12:56:27 30/05/2010 | Topic Creator
Doesn't this game get boring soon after you comepleted it? I only like Twilight Falls..... I used to like all the levels, (Besides the Dam and Destroyer. I never liked those)
---
Okami FTW.
Along with Spyro and some other things... smilie
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#2 Posted: 14:58:48 30/05/2010
YEAH! I mean, it was fun the very first time; I loved it, but then the enjoyability just went. Partly because I settled down and realized alot of bad in the game, and also because I kinda feel as though the only reason the gamer is there to play the game is to progress the plot, not to have fun. It's almost like an iteractive movie, y'know? I was largely driven by the fact that I want to see what happens, and now that I know, I see no point to playing any more.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:27:53 10/06/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5241
#3 Posted: 15:18:33 30/05/2010
I was just thinking that!
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
Tufu911 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#4 Posted: 16:07:07 30/05/2010
You could what i do... If you have a phone, Make a Movie... What im doing is im playing the levels over and over again, when i know where all the Cut-scenes are, I record the cut-scenes and i make one huge movie smilie
---
WOLVES FOR LIFE
#5 Posted: 16:14:30 30/05/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
YEAH! I mean, it was fub the very first time; I loved it, but then the enjoyability just went. Partly because I settled down and realized alot of bad in the game, and also because I kinda feel as though the only reason the gamer is there to play the game is to progress the plot, not to have fun. It's almost like an iteractive movie, y'know? I was largely driven by the fact that I want to see what happens, and now that I know, I see no point to playing any more.

Yah! They want it to be serious, not fun! The most fun one was the first Spyro game ever!
---
Okami FTW.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#6 Posted: 16:23:50 30/05/2010
I enjoy replaying it. I love re-beating Malefor.
#7 Posted: 18:20:28 30/05/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Darby
I enjoy replaying it. I love re-beating Malefor.

I use cheat codes! smilie LOL smilie
---
Okami FTW.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#8 Posted: 21:44:53 30/05/2010
Quote: Azul10166
YEAH! I mean, it was fub the very first time; I loved it, but then the enjoyability just went. Partly because I settled down and realized alot of bad in the game, and also because I kinda feel as though the only reason the gamer is there to play the game is to progress the plot, not to have fun. It's almost like an iteractive movie, y'know? I was largely driven by the fact that I want to see what happens, and now that I know, I see no point to playing any more.

Yah! They want it to be serious, not fun! The most fun one was the first Spyro game ever!

Yeah! It was full of collectibles and had a fun storyline. And of, course
Gnasty's Loot!

Also, the great music, simplicity, challenge of the game, and the enemies.

But this is what I liked and disliked in DoTD, I didn't mind the seriousness too much:
    What I liked:
  • New gameplay style
  • New enemy designs
  • Co-op feature (Though this could have been improved)
  • Music and graphics technology
  • A few of the levels
  • The ability of free flight (Again, could use improvement)

• What I hated/disliked:
  • Numerous and noticeable amount of plotholes
  • Fury breath- I like it, but I prefer the old furies and it can be hard to press both buttons at once in 2 player mode
  • Some controls- I don't dislike button mashing, but some of the controls can be frustrating
  • Some character designs
  • Character emotions mostly look bland and emotionless
  • PLOTHOLES!!!
#9 Posted: 23:44:07 30/05/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: GamingMaster_76

Gnasty's Loot!

But this is what I liked and disliked in DoTD, I didn't mind the seriousness too much:
    What I liked:
  • New gameplay style
  • New enemy designs
  • A few of the levels

• What I hated/disliked:
  • Fury breath- I like it, but I prefer the old furies and it can be hard to press both buttons at once in 2 player mode
  • Some controls- I don't dislike button mashing, but some of the controls can be frustrating
  • Some character designs
  • PLOTHOLES!!!

All the same with me! I only liked free flight. I think when I first played it, I was excited, but I knew it was going to be serious... (I think i thought that... LOL)
---
Okami FTW.
spyro16 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1710
#10 Posted: 02:14:24 06/06/2010
Quote: GamingMaster_76

Gnasty's Loot!

What I liked:
  • New gameplay style
  • New enemy designs
  • A few of the levels

• What I hated/disliked:
  • Some character designs
  • PLOTHOLES!!!

All the same with me! I only liked free flight. I think when I first played it, I was excited, but I knew it was going to be serious... (I think i thought that... LOL)

i liked the free-flight the most 2 just 2 me the graphics could have been improved a little bit. i have it for ps2 and it skips every so often when i play if you know what i mean......it almost looks like its too advanced for a ps2 like it should only be for ps3 and ds and 360. all i know is i dont like the graphics
---
Slendy's Shadow
i love smilie smilie and smilie
KHRoxas Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#11 Posted: 15:25:39 08/06/2010
Definitley, with most games, sometimes.

But in this case you still got to redo the missions, even though that gets boring playing them over and over again, not like the thrill of first playing the game.
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#12 Posted: 16:39:31 08/06/2010
Sometimes it gets boring. But when there's nothing to do, I'll still play it without complaining. But I tell you what... I could pay in Vally Of Avalar all day... <3 Man, I wish I could get it for 360. Just look at the graphic difference! (I have it for PS2. It's kinda glossy.)
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#13 Posted: 22:45:56 08/06/2010
The first time I played it, I enjoyed it. But after that, it got really boring.

And yet, I still replay the other games (Anything without 'Legend' in the name) frequently, without growing bored.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#14 Posted: 00:33:54 09/06/2010
DotD was boring to begin with. I actually thought about not completing it.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#15 Posted: 07:05:16 09/06/2010
I thought I was never going to get bored of it because it had free flight and co-op play with Cynder, but it gets heaps boring when you've finished playing the game.

I liked:

• Co-op play with Cynder!
  • Free Flight!
  • New enemies.
  • Guide you Home (credits song smilie).
  • Fight with Malefor

I hated/disliked:

• Rip-off music from ANB/TEN!
  • Armor.
  • New character styles!
  • Emotions are so unnoticed!
  • Volteer and Cyril only had one line!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#16 Posted: 12:46:18 09/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bolt
I thought I was never going to get bored of it because it had free flight and co-op play with Cynder, but it gets heaps boring when you've finished playing the game.

I liked:

• Co-op play with Cynder!
  • Free Flight!
  • New enemies.
  • Guide you Home (credits song smilie).
  • Fight with Malefor

I hated/disliked:

• Rip-off music from ANB/TEN!
  • Armor.
  • New character styles!
  • Emotions are so unnoticed!
  • Volteer and Cyril only had one line!

ICE DRAGONS ARE THE BOMB WHOEVA MADE THE GAME!!! You should have given them more lines!!!! smilie lol
---
Okami FTW.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#17 Posted: 13:25:58 09/06/2010
Yes, I must admit I enjoyed it first time round but afterwards I seriously got bored and just started to play the originals.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#18 Posted: 21:18:49 09/06/2010
Once i compleated it it got a little boring (but its like that with most games). I dont play it much now.
pie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#19 Posted: 19:16:56 28/07/2010
I replayed it alot after I finished it, mostly to find the rest of the elite enemys and get it to 100/100. It was still quite enjoyable to me and I somethimes have random times where I just want to play it. I think it's the only one in the seires I wanted to play all the way over again.
---
Oh it's not cheating! It's creative stratagy!
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#20 Posted: 20:31:53 28/07/2010
I think it is very fun to replay.I still enjoy the orginals too though,but my copy of Spyro2 was stolen.I am still VERY MAD about that,and Yotd doesnt work anymore.So I end up playing the legend games more often if I do something Spyro related.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#21 Posted: 20:57:04 28/07/2010
I know >.< This got boring after a looooooong time...

I liked...

1.) Co-op
2.) BUTTON MASHES smilie
3.) Free flight
4.) Some of the levels

I disliked... *SPOILERS AHEAD*

1.) Malefor's random corruption to Cynder. Was that necessary?
2.) The lack of something unlockable after 100%
3.) FURY BREATH FURY BREATH FURY BREATH
4.) Characters being rendered emotionless
5.) PLOTHOLES D:
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#22 Posted: 21:21:28 28/07/2010
The only replay value I got, was for recording Dub of the Dragon smilie
Eragon25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2019
#23 Posted: 20:39:05 29/07/2010
I would play this game over and over again....

Just to hear Mark Hamill as the Dark Master.Yep.The only reason it had replay value for me.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#24 Posted: 21:01:37 29/07/2010
But you ccan't even understand him. Not without subtitles anyway.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Jade Wolf Green Sparx Gems: 420
#25 Posted: 21:14:51 29/07/2010
Yes, it does. I only play it once in a blue moon.
#26 Posted: 22:40:10 29/07/2010

Seriously? Are people still wearing out that old record? Fair play, if you've watched it once with subtitles you can't say you don't understand him. Me, I didn't have to even watch it with subtitles to understand what he was saying...
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8530
#27 Posted: 22:50:20 29/07/2010
Quote: bionicle2809

I thoguht there was more. BTW, love that series you made.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Eragon25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2019
#28 Posted: 23:00:02 29/07/2010
I understood him perfectly.Are people so terrible at understanding him?That's....Sad.
#29 Posted: 23:07:43 29/07/2010
Quote: TheFlyingSeal

lol, thanks...
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8530
#30 Posted: 23:38:29 29/07/2010
Quote: TheFlyingSeal

lol, thanks...

No prob, my favorite line was in the first episode. "I think im seeing in triple..no quadropal vitsion." I lol'd so hard.

Back on the subject:
I liked the free flight and the fury breath (a little bit). I wish we could have a more challenge though.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#31 Posted: 11:55:24 30/07/2010

Seriously? Are people still wearing out that old record? Fair play, if you've watched it once with subtitles you can't say you don't understand him. Me, I didn't have to even watch it with subtitles to understand what he was saying...

Well he has a somewhat undescrible language of mumbling. I could understand him only because my brother talks like that. (less...evil of course) but the only real word he said that I didn't hear at first was World which to me sounded like Woole...
---
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#32 Posted: 18:02:28 30/07/2010
Do you guys know why I bought this game?

For the:

• Free Flight [It wasn't as impressive as I thought]
  • Co-Op [Again, it was dissapointing]
  • To see Malefor [His cameo was too short - I wanted more than just a boss.]
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Omikron Dragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2227
#33 Posted: 21:14:46 30/07/2010
Quote: pie1

Well he has a somewhat undescrible language of mumbling. I could understand him only because my brother talks like that. (less...evil of course) but the only real word he said that I didn't hear at first was World which to me sounded like Woole...

I coldn't belive that Mark Hamill did Malefor voice until I saw credits.Such great actor's work was ruined by this awful mumbling effect smilie
---
"Life is one long process of getting tired."- Samuel Butler
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:16:26 30/07/2010 by Omikron Dragon
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#34 Posted: 21:20:54 30/07/2010
I don't see why they would add the distorted feel to Malefor's voice.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#35 Posted: 21:35:15 30/07/2010
Quote: Aura24
I don't see why they would add the distorted feel to Malefor's voice.

Because they wanted someone famous, so they chose Mark Hamill not knowing he had an old voice smilie JK For all we know, they could have just used the same distortion effect on that they did on Dark Spyro/Cynder... But because he's got a deeper, more evil voice anyway it sounded really different...
flyleaf Green Sparx Gems: 143
#36 Posted: 17:43:33 31/07/2010
Can someone tell me how we got from boring levels to Malifors disorted evil voice?
---
Just keep looking awesome...
#37 Posted: 20:50:26 31/07/2010
^ Well, spyroLUVA started with the statment of not being able to understand Malifor without subtitles and bionicale2809 though otherwise, then I added the comment about the voice, then omikron dragon commented about the actor who played him. THEN Aura24 wondered why they added the distorted effect THEN bionicale answered it THEEEEEEEN you asked that question and that's how were here.
---
#38 Posted: 21:01:24 31/07/2010
Quote: pie1
^ Well, spyroLUVA started with the statment of not being able to understand Malifor without subtitles and bionicale2809 though otherwise, then I added the comment about the voice, then omikron dragon commented about the actor who played him. THEN Aura24 wondered why they added the distorted effect THEN bionicale answered it THEEEEEEEN you asked that question and that's how were here.

Yep... Life is good smilie
#39 Posted: 12:41:43 01/08/2010
^ he he...yeah
---
Omikron Dragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2227
#40 Posted: 13:31:05 01/08/2010
^yeah we'd better end this offtopic. Returning to main thread I've beaten dotd twice (for completing 100\100 unlocks). I replay sometimes twilight and avalar levels ( due to atmosphere and music) and Malefor ( can't you understand him too ?Why is his voice so dis... oops sorry smilie ) fight to see last cutscenes and credits.
---
"Life is one long process of getting tired."- Samuel Butler
#41 Posted: 14:24:55 01/08/2010
I've completed DOTD 100% 5 times, 1 for each system I've had it on and 2 more for the PS2 version when I played it with some friends...
#42 Posted: 14:38:18 01/08/2010
^ impressive, I only got it 100/100 once
---
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#43 Posted: 18:53:57 01/08/2010
I got 100/100 3 times. I am that bored with this game.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Pyro-Spyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#44 Posted: 22:00:20 01/08/2010
Played it once, it's been boring ever since... The only way I keep myself entertained with it is by timing myself with each level...
Other wise: smilie!!!
#45 Posted: 22:02:10 01/08/2010
Quote: Pyro-Spyro
Played it once, it's been boring ever since... The only way I keep myself entertained with it is by timing myself with each level...

D:! SPEEDRUNZZZ!
Pyro-Spyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#46 Posted: 22:34:58 01/08/2010
Quote: Pyro-Spyro

D:! SPEEDRUNZZZ!

Heh-heh, exactly! smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me