darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night > Programming Irks in the Wii Version! (Charge related)
Page 1 of 1
Programming Irks in the Wii Version! (Charge related) [CLOSED]
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#1 Posted: 00:53:07 10/01/2008 | Topic Creator
I ended up finding this out on my second playthrough. People say the Wii version was free of glitches, but I found something that seemed to count as a little slip of programming code.

If you end up holding down the charge button when approaching a scene that would end up triggering a change of event, like enemies coming down from upper scenery or a transition into a cutscene, Spyro would just keep running as if the game still thinks that he's still charging. It could put you into a few perils, like the first big pirate ship ambush at the Ancient Grove for example; by doing this trick, you would just keep going when the enemies set themselves up, and odds are you'll end up falling into a pool somewhere, take damage and repel back onto dry ground. It can be hilarious. smilie

Did anyone else notice that hiccup, or should I record this?
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2 Posted: 01:04:00 10/01/2008
Record if you can. I don't have a Wii, But I would like to see it!
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#3 Posted: 01:17:40 10/01/2008
xD HAH! Wii is pwnt!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#4 Posted: 01:50:17 10/01/2008
Quote: Rexy
Did anyone else notice that hiccup, or should I record this?

Doesn't happen if you're using the Wiimote/Nunchuck. >____>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#5 Posted: 10:07:41 10/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Hm, well if anything helped I used a classic controller, so that might have been a part of the contribution. o.o
#6 Posted: 02:14:02 11/01/2008
The Classic Controller has caused a few bugs and game freezes... at least when I used one for Virtual Console games. So I switched to a Gamecube controller.
---
#7 Posted: 09:23:56 11/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Strange, I never faced any bugs/game freezes with the few VC games that I have. If what you're saying is true, you're actually encouraging me to save more often, lol.
Ross Gold Sparx Gems: 2159
#8 Posted: 20:17:40 11/01/2008
Yeah but the worst thing that could happen is it freezing at save point. Trust me, don't let that happen. I got that happen on Jak X on the tutorial and now it won't play any more, and also that removed 900KB from my Memory Card, which means "Don't let it happen! Major corruption alert!"
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
#9 Posted: 21:36:25 11/01/2008
Quote: Ross
Yeah but the worst thing that could happen is it freezing at save point. Trust me, don't let that happen. I got that happen on Jak X on the tutorial and now it won't play any more, and also that removed 900KB from my Memory Card, which means "Don't let it happen! Major corruption alert!"

Ouch... bummer. >.>
---
#10 Posted: 01:26:38 12/01/2008 | Topic Creator
I remember that Jak X glitch, I'm lucky I didn't experience it tho >.>
But either way, while I still have doubt that it'll happen on a Wii game this is actually encouraging me to obtain an SD memory card for backup whenever possible.
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#11 Posted: 02:26:20 12/01/2008
I've played the Wii before, and LOVED it! And I wonder how this game is like on the Wii.....
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
#12 Posted: 18:29:03 12/01/2008
It was better than the PS2 in my opinion.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me