darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon > What do you like and dislike in dawn of the dragon?
Page 1 of 1
What do you like and dislike in dawn of the dragon? [CLOSED]
firewhip123 Gnorc Gems: 40
#1 Posted: 19:45:36 10/05/2010 | Topic Creator
Hi! I want to ask, what do you like and hate about the game dawn of the dragon, and if you could, what would you change to make it better?
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#2 Posted: 20:13:32 10/05/2010
I like the co-op, special effects, animation, and a lot more, really. What I dislike....? I can't say. I really didn't find it bad at all. Maybe it could've been longer.
Tufu911 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#3 Posted: 20:22:39 10/05/2010
The only thing i didnt like about was " as Darby said " was the game was to short.... I beat it in like 5 hours.... the other 1's take me a couple of days maybe.
---
WOLVES FOR LIFE
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#4 Posted: 01:32:14 11/05/2010
Like - nothing
Dislike - everything
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#5 Posted: 07:59:25 11/05/2010
Well, I like a few things- the co-op mode and the free flight. But the game seemed kinda rushed and stuff. I don't really like how there are air currents and you can't fly there and you can't go beyond the border.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#6 Posted: 10:07:31 11/05/2010
Some cutscenes could have had more work done. Other than that, I enjoy the overall game for what it is.
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
#7 Posted: 10:52:31 11/05/2010
Yeah, the cutscenes could have been better...
---
I draw stuff.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#8 Posted: 16:04:46 11/05/2010
I noticed in some of the cutscenes, Spyro and Cynder move the exact same way as they do when they're in idle when the cutscenes is trying to focus on the other characters. For example, after Spyro and Cynder defeat the Golem, and are approached by Ignitus and then Terrador, Spyro and Cynder were moving exactly the same way as they do when they're in idle in gameplay. And both Spyro and Cynder both do the stances when they're in idle in the cutscene when they're about to go into the Ruins of Warfang.

EL didn't bother putting in more effort in the character's movement in those cutscenes. Rushing...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:06:35 12/05/2010 by Aura24
#9 Posted: 18:55:39 11/05/2010
Yeah, they made heaps of mistakes in the game!
---
I draw stuff.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#10 Posted: 20:47:27 11/05/2010
Likes: flying, co-op play, elements, character desine, level desine.

dislikes: not loads of emotion, enimies were weird and they did not explain what happend to the apes very well (took me a bit of time to understand why).
#11 Posted: 20:50:31 11/05/2010
Oh, I also hated how Volteer and Cyril had only one line in the whole game!!!!
---
I draw stuff.
#12 Posted: 21:31:38 11/05/2010
^ me too! D:<

oh yeah, i also liked the music.
#13 Posted: 05:28:05 12/05/2010
^ Yeah, I liked Guide you Home/I will Die for You!
---
I draw stuff.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#14 Posted: 06:58:36 12/05/2010
    What I liked:
  • New gameplay style
  • New enemy designs
  • Co-op feature (Though this could have been improved)
  • Music and graphics technology
  • A few of the levels
  • The ability of free flight (Again, could use improvement)

• What I hated/disliked:
  • Numerous and noticeable amount of plotholes
  • Fury breath- I like it, but I prefer the old furies and it can be hard to press both buttons at once in 2 player mode
  • Some controls- I don't dislike button mashing, but some of the controls can be frustrating
  • Some character designs
  • Character emotions mostly look bland and emotionless
  • PLOTHOLES!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:01:25 12/05/2010 by GamingMaster_76
#15 Posted: 07:01:29 12/05/2010
Yes there are lots of plotholes...
---
I draw stuff.
Weindrasi Red Sparx Gems: 14
#16 Posted: 18:37:33 12/05/2010
The game was fantastic in some ways, but horrid in others.

One of the key flaws was that the game was very rushed. Not only were the levels linear and small, but the storyline was severely lacking in detail. The first time you really notice this is at Twilight Falls, the level itself is tiny and the cutscene in which Hunter explains what Malefor has done is too lacking.
The worst section has to be Valley of Avalar, you learn absolutely nothing about Hunter's background, his position in cheetah society, and the culture/views of that society itself. Plus the cheetah village was much too small and undetailed... did anyone notice the complete absence of female cheetahs? You would think a functional village would have men and women. Lastly, the cheetahs all looked exactly the same- no details that make them individuals. Pay attention to the dialogue here and you get this horrible sense of rushing.
I also think that we should get more detail on the hermit cheetah. Why is he a hermit? Was he cast out of cheetah village? Is he corrupted/evil, or just crazy? I was dismayed by the lack of a connection between him and the rest of the story.
Which goes into the issue of the Apes. Other then the hermit's breif, hard-to-understand explaination, we get no clue as to just what happened to them. Why did Malefor decide to quit using the apes? I wonder if complaints about the previous games having too many apes brought on this ill-thought-out way to get rid of them. And as for Malefor's new minions, how did he gain their allegience?
The rest of the game plays out in a similar fashion, all the characters besides Spyro/Cynder/Sparx are flat- you don't really get the sense that they are thinking, feeling people with lives and ambitions of their own. They've just been cut out and slapped into the game to provide Spyro with a way to accomplish his goals. Even Spyro and Cynder themselves are underdeveloped and semi-emotionless.
Lastly on this subject, Cyril and Volteer played a very minor role in the game- yet another example of what I've been saying this whole time.

Moving on from the storyline flaws, the gameplay was not thought out well. It has potential, but it was ruined by clumsy developers. The idea of using wind drafts to gain altitude when flying gives a realistic and interesting edge to the flight feature- but too many times it was used merely as a way to create impassable walls and silly limitations. Properly made, a linear type game can be just fine, but this game was so linear and limiting it brought only dissapointment.
As for the battle feature, ground battle was okay, but air battle was not well developed. While your flying opponents were swift and agile, Spyro and Cynder seemed slow, bulky, and clumsy. The monsters can fly circles around you, leaving you to swipe at empty air.
What I would like to see here is a large, persistant, non-linear world to explore with few limits- like being able to actually travel out toward those distant mountains in Avalar, or transverse the huge city of Warfang. It would also be great to interact with the creatures around you- both major characters and the odd peasant walking down the street- and to be able to do things like enter buildings or perch in the branches of a tree.

Dawn of the Dragon has potential. The graphics are great, the breath abilities are great, and the idea of playing as a flying, fighting dragon warrior is great, but to be blunt: This game REALLY could use some work. Not to say that I hated it, it's fun to play- but I would never consider it a great game
#17 Posted: 20:42:35 12/05/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bolt
Oh, I also hated how Volteer and Cyril had only one line in the whole game!!!!

ditto.
#18 Posted: 20:45:01 12/05/2010 | Topic Creator
liked: flying, battles, cutscenes, story
hated: terrador, voolteer, other dude had 1 line
only 1 girl
how high you can fly
#19 Posted: 21:19:11 12/05/2010
Terrador had loads of lines...
Dragon Fodder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1488
#20 Posted: 21:25:39 12/05/2010
Liked: Environments and flying
Disliked: not being able to fly everywhere aka invisible walls.
---
Lies don't come from enemies, but from your friends.
#21 Posted: 21:25:52 12/05/2010
Yeah and the others (not Iggy) had 1 line!
And yeah, there is only ONE girl in the whole game! I don't think they like girls...
---
I draw stuff.
#22 Posted: 19:12:45 13/05/2010 | Topic Creator
i think it was just a simple mistake... like misreading the instructions... unlikely, but possible.
spyro16 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1710
#23 Posted: 00:40:29 30/05/2010
i would say that the only thing i dislike in the whole game is the fact that Cyril and Volteer had only one line......they should have had more lines but thats the only thing in the game that i did not like.
---
Slendy's Shadow
i love smilie smilie and smilie
Cynderfan1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1098
#24 Posted: 06:50:51 05/06/2010
What I like about Dawn of the Dragon is that you can play as Cynder and thats so cool and what I dislike was that some of the boss battles were to easy.
---
I am Daring Do the worlds best treasure hunter.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me