darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night > Is the legend of spyro the eternal night a hard game ?
Page 1 of 1
Is the legend of spyro the eternal night a hard game ? [CLOSED]
Spyrothelegend Yellow Sparx Gems: 1105
#1 Posted: 01:01:50 04/01/2008 | Topic Creator
I'm getting the PS2 version on Saturday and I was wondering if it was harder than the first game Thanks if you can answer my question.
---
I am theneopetmaster on Deviant Art and my fav character issmilie (and I'm a girl)
Last edited at 00:15:12 10/01/2008 by Spyrothelegend
Komodo Blue Sparx Gems: 758
#2 Posted: 01:42:15 04/01/2008
Hard? That's a real understatement my friend. It's not just hard, it's painstakingly, frustratingly, pull-your-hair-out hard. That is all.
---
I traded my soul for a muffin, and you know what? It was delicious.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#3 Posted: 02:17:11 04/01/2008
It was Meh-ish.

In other words, easy by HIR-standards. And said standards apply to the master gamer.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#4 Posted: 03:18:05 04/01/2008 | Topic Creator
OK but is it still worth getting ? because the story sounds interesting and I have been looking forward to it.
---
I am theneopetmaster on Deviant Art and my fav character issmilie (and I'm a girl)
destroyer2424 Green Sparx Gems: 341
#5 Posted: 03:56:45 04/01/2008
yeah it is way great

better moves and more puzzles with mroe interaction

and the graphics are a bit better than a new beginning

I dont have it yet but when I get the money I will get it
---
the legend of spyro is my favorite series of spyro games
I love playing the banjo and kazooie series
http://forums.kameo.com/forums/default.aspx
Last edited at 03:57:04 04/01/2008 by destroyer2424
#6 Posted: 07:31:26 04/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Thanks destroyer2424 that was a HUGE relief I hope you can get the game too someday smilie
---
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12108
#7 Posted: 08:11:36 04/01/2008
It was easy
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#8 Posted: 11:32:35 04/01/2008
It was that bit tougher than A New Beginning, but it's not frustrating unless you figure out how to do it. Myself, while I first cleared ANB after six nights of gameplay bursts lasting about 90 minutes at a time, TEN was first cleared in eight. smilie
BASALT Green Sparx Gems: 218
#9 Posted: 11:34:12 04/01/2008
Quote: HIR
It was Meh-ish.

In other words, easy by HIR-standards. And said standards apply to the master gamer.

im a master gamer, but i got stuck a few times
---
An apple a day=7 apples a week!
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Throw your apples at your doctor!
www.RGAclan.tk Please join the site!
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#10 Posted: 11:41:33 04/01/2008
I thought the enemies in this game were alot thougher than in the last one. Most of the bosses took me a few tries at least to defeat them. The levels themselves were alright though, not too hard and I also thought the games was still too short.
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#11 Posted: 19:15:27 04/01/2008
TEN is a LOT harder than ANB... but that is not saying much considering that ANB was excessively forgiving. There's been an argument about TEN's difficulty and quite frankly, its difficulty, although quite a bit greater, was overhyped a bit.

The main difference is that TEN doesn't create a checkpoint for every single enemy killed and has actually a more conventionnal checkpoint system which means that unlike ANB, failing has actually an impact on your progress. This is what makes TEN so much harder because that, technically, the games are close to each others combat-wise... although platforming-wise, TEN is a BIG step-up.

More exactly, TEN is not an easy game ; as far as 3D platformers go, the difficulty for the actual platforming sequences is cranked fairly high actually. While the difficulty is technically high, it never get as insane as, say, Mario Sunshine's Retro Stages or Mario Galaxy's Comet Challenges and the difficulty is not constant ; there are a few sticky spots but you won't constantly be making tricky jumps over bottomless pits/acid either.

Combat-wise, the game has been cranked up a bit too although not nearly as much. Foes are smarter and there is a greater variety of them. Due to this, it is possible for the foes to actually trap you this time and pull off nasty stuff on you. Still, as far as enemy AI, the foes are still pretty dumb and crowd control shouldn't pose any problems as long as you remember to use your abilities correctly to prevent them from surrounding you.

Overall, the game is actually fairly difficult... but nowhere near top-tier. The casual player may have a bit of difficulty and get stuck a few times but unlike really hard games like Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry, it won't throw "road block" sequences at you. Infinite lives greatly help, too ; like ANB, you have no limited lives and penalties from dying, excluding being kicked back to the last checkpoint, are minimal.

So, is TEN a challenge? Yes. Is it OMG!THROW CONTROLLER! hard? Absolutely not.

On the challenge scale (0% being "interactive movie" and 100% being "Press start and die within a second"), I rate this game:

70%

"Actually fairly challenging... platforming-wise, at least. Player character is potentially overpowered and foes, although smarter than in the last game, are still too dumb to compensate for the power growth of the player character through the game."
Last edited at 19:15:52 04/01/2008 by Zerodius
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#12 Posted: 19:24:52 04/01/2008
Not really.
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
CatdragonGal Red Sparx Gems: 76
#13 Posted: 19:14:58 05/01/2008
for my opinion it isn't hard to me, the puzzles were simple. Most boss battles and puzzles have to dill with dragon time.
---
Let your dragons fly with you in your dreams.
Ross Gold Sparx Gems: 2159
#14 Posted: 19:44:58 05/01/2008
It's the hardest game I've ever played. Full stop.
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#15 Posted: 19:57:50 05/01/2008
The hardest Spyro game I had played is Season of ice.
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
BASALT Green Sparx Gems: 218
#16 Posted: 21:22:38 05/01/2008
Quote: Crush
The hardest Spyro game I had played is Season of ice.

for me, thats the hardest spyro game
---
An apple a day=7 apples a week!
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Throw your apples at your doctor!
www.RGAclan.tk Please join the site!
#17 Posted: 18:52:46 06/01/2008
If you want a REAL challenge... go swipe a GBA copy of the game and play Hard Mode... to me that was... hard. Simply put.
---
okami12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2205
#18 Posted: 20:45:58 07/01/2008
it a hand game!!!!! but i love it
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#19 Posted: 22:24:55 07/01/2008
Its the hardest Spyro game I ever played.
I didn't like idea if u died in the middle of a boss fight you had to start all over again..but compared to other games I played its not really a hard game to beat.
#20 Posted: 22:43:10 07/01/2008
The rank for "hardest game" still stands at Season of Ice for me, but oh well >.>
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#21 Posted: 15:08:21 08/01/2008
Oh yes... forgot to talk about the GBA version...

The GBA version of TEN is a different story altogether.

First of all, it is a 2D platformer with slight Metroid-like elements. The RPG elements are the same as in the console version of TEN. Although TEN on the GBA is 2D, it features a more complex battle system and is overall, quite different.

Now, technically, TEN on the GBA has four difficulty modes: Easy, Normal, Hard, and Dark.

Now, those aren't your usual Halo-like "foes have a 'lil more HP on Hard" difficulty modes. Although stats ARE changed from one difficulty mode to the other, the real change between modes is the enemy AI.

On Easy, the game is MUCH easier than the console version and is comparable to ANB. Although it does have TEN's less forgiving checkpoint system, the foes are overall very dumb and simple to defeat.

Crank it up to Normal and you have a game that is actually on-par with the console version. Foes doesn't mob you like they do in the console version but they are persistent and deadly. Their AI is clearly superior to the console version on Normal ; they will pull off combos, attempt to block your attacks consistently, and pursue you quite a bit. Also, the bosses get a significant boost in difficulty and get access to all of their attacks.

On Hard mode? The game is not just hard by Spyro standarts... it's hard, period. The foes have actually very good AI. They work in teams to surround you, consistently block your attacks, mount deadly and lightning-quick counter-attacks, wisely use their projectiles to keep you on your toes, and the second they spot you, they will chase you to the end of the world. The foes on Hard mode WILL punish you for your mistakes and harshly at that. As if this wasn't enough, the overall speed of all foes is increased, lag in enemy attacks is greatly reduced, and foes will telegraph their attacks a whole lot less. Bosses, likewise, are a lot faster and they launch a near-continuous stream of attacks. Due to how much harder than Normal mode it is, it might take you as much time if not more to complete it than Normal even if you already beaten the game before. Hard mode is pretty unforgiving and brutal at times but in my opinion, it's still worth playing through at least once.

As for Dark mode... well... unlock it and find out!

So, in a nutshell... is TEN GBA a hard game? Vary on the difficulty setting. On Easy, no, it isn't. On Normal, sorta. Challenging is more the word. TEN on Hard is, without a single doubt, the hardest game in the Spyro serie.

Oh and one last comment...

Season of Ice is not hard. "Frustrating" is more of the word due to tedious level design and awkward jumping mechanics. You won't get killed a whole lot in it. You just will get lost a lot and due to the game demanding near 100% completion to beat the game, most players will get frustrated with it.
Last edited at 15:12:29 08/01/2008 by Zerodius
#22 Posted: 19:28:30 09/01/2008
Yeah, I was wrong when I said TEN is the hardest. SoI is. Well, no, just, as you say, frustrating. But I disagree that you don't die alot. Whenever I play, even for just 10 minutes, I'll probably get down to 3 lives and most of the time a Game Over every time. I'll let you know if I ever get amazingly bored enough to want to play that game again. Another point is, when it's not frustrating, it's boring. Miles too repetive and recently I managed to actually get the 45 Fairies I've needed and play against Grendor I. I love boss fights. That stunk. Full Stop.
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
#23 Posted: 01:56:17 10/01/2008
Quote: Zerodius
Oh yes... forgot to talk about the GBA version...

The GBA version of TEN is a different story altogether.

First of all, it is a 2D platformer with slight Metroid-like elements. The RPG elements are the same as in the console version of TEN. Although TEN on the GBA is 2D, it features a more complex battle system and is overall, quite different.

Now, technically, TEN on the GBA has four difficulty modes: Easy, Normal, Hard, and Dark.

Now, those aren't your usual Halo-like "foes have a 'lil more HP on Hard" difficulty modes. Although stats ARE changed from one difficulty mode to the other, the real change between modes is the enemy AI.

On Easy, the game is MUCH easier than the console version and is comparable to ANB. Although it does have TEN's less forgiving checkpoint system, the foes are overall very dumb and simple to defeat.

Crank it up to Normal and you have a game that is actually on-par with the console version. Foes doesn't mob you like they do in the console version but they are persistent and deadly. Their AI is clearly superior to the console version on Normal ; they will pull off combos, attempt to block your attacks consistently, and pursue you quite a bit. Also, the bosses get a significant boost in difficulty and get access to all of their attacks.

On Hard mode? The game is not just hard by Spyro standarts... it's hard, period. The foes have actually very good AI. They work in teams to surround you, consistently block your attacks, mount deadly and lightning-quick counter-attacks, wisely use their projectiles to keep you on your toes, and the second they spot you, they will chase you to the end of the world. The foes on Hard mode WILL punish you for your mistakes and harshly at that. As if this wasn't enough, the overall speed of all foes is increased, lag in enemy attacks is greatly reduced, and foes will telegraph their attacks a whole lot less. Bosses, likewise, are a lot faster and they launch a near-continuous stream of attacks. Due to how much harder than Normal mode it is, it might take you as much time if not more to complete it than Normal even if you already beaten the game before. Hard mode is pretty unforgiving and brutal at times but in my opinion, it's still worth playing through at least once.

As for Dark mode... well... unlock it and find out!

So, in a nutshell... is TEN GBA a hard game? Vary on the difficulty setting. On Easy, no, it isn't. On Normal, sorta. Challenging is more the word. TEN on Hard is, without a single doubt, the hardest game in the Spyro serie.

Oh and one last comment...

Season of Ice is not hard. "Frustrating" is more of the word due to tedious level design and awkward jumping mechanics. You won't get killed a whole lot in it. You just will get lost a lot and due to the game demanding near 100% completion to beat the game, most players will get frustrated with it.

Indeed... all enemies and bosses become smarter in Hard Mode. Also, a few tricks that could be pulled off in Easy/Normal don't work in Hard Mode...
---
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#24 Posted: 18:17:22 10/01/2008
The game was not hard, but some parts in it were annoying.
Ravage Rider was the hardest boss, I think.

Only "difficult" thing is that there are so many or strong enemies.
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
#25 Posted: 02:11:25 11/01/2008
Quote: SilverDragon
The game was not hard, but some parts in it were annoying.
Ravage Rider was the hardest boss, I think.

Only "difficult" thing is that there are so many or strong enemies.

Alright... someone has to tell me why everyone thinks this....

....and don't answer you die instantly if run over. Gaul's jumping attack can instantly kill you.
---
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#26 Posted: 02:40:49 11/01/2008
Simple: He killed me once for every other time I died on the first time through (though that was in part because the analog stick was dying)
#27 Posted: 02:50:22 11/01/2008
Great... I beat him on the first go around... taking only one hit, from a cannonball.
---
#28 Posted: 09:22:11 11/01/2008
Meh, I just wanted to be a show off, killing him off without Dragon Time. It took several attempts at it though. smilie
#29 Posted: 20:12:22 11/01/2008
Ravage Rider was hard. Just read the 'Boss Guide' topic and look at all the tips given for him in all the posts you can and, like me, you should come back to pwn him.
---
#30 Posted: 21:42:16 11/01/2008
Quote: Rexy
Meh, I just wanted to be a show off, killing him off without Dragon Time. It took several attempts at it though. smilie

Oh... I tried that... I took three hits... but didn't get run over because I was so awesome at dodging Steam.
---
Frisby Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#31 Posted: 04:36:51 12/01/2008
Quote: Komodo
Hard? That's a real understatement my friend. It's not just hard, it's painstakingly, frustratingly, pull-your-hair-out hard. That is all.

y got that right. lol
but i love a chalenging game, although it pissed me off. lol smilie
---
☼Everyone chooses a hero... I'm happy I chose Spyro☼
Brazilian Spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3675
#32 Posted: 13:07:31 12/01/2008
hum, too easy, funny that for each game siera release the more easier it is
---
K-Tec, my blog about technology and Royal Bounty, my story about assassins.
#33 Posted: 18:26:14 12/01/2008
Quote: Brazilian Spyro
hum, too easy, funny that for each game siera release the more easier it is

You thought of it as easier than ANB...?

...you're lying. I can tell.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me