Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Parallel World [CLOSED]
Night Owl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1942
#1 Posted: 16:58:43 06/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Yus. I am doing a fanfic. 83 It may be rubbish, but don't say so if it is.

So, here's a small section of Chapter one.

“Get away!” Ataia yelled at the black shape swooping dangerously low over her head. She dashed down the dull street, her long brown hair flowing behind her. She glanced up and wished she hadn’t. The dark shape was looming closer, bigger than a bird and much, much more dangerous. She ducked and its claws just about missed her head. It turned and glared at her. She could see its twisted form properly now. Spiked wings connected to a dark purple raptor-like body two muscular hind legs and a jaw full of teeth.
The creature paused to right itself, then flapped its wings twice and darted at her once more. This time, it snagged its claw on her jacket. Ataia screamed and pulled away, leaving her jacket in the creature’s claws. She ran for all she was worth, around the corner and into her street. She breathed a slight sigh of relief, and then sucked it in again. She heard the creature’s wing beats sound behind her.
She continued to run down the last few metres to her house, down the drive and she pushed at the door, willing it to open. It held firm, the wood only creaking a little. Ataia reached desperately into her pocket and pulled out her keys and began to fumble desperately with them.
“Come on, come on . . .” She told herself under her breath. She looked back, and saw the creature slamming its way towards her, its saliva dripping to the ground as it roared hungrily.
Strangely, pedestrians walked past without noticing, except for the people who’s cars the being had wrecked, by an apparently unknown force. They blindly drove by as the beast walked down the road, pausing every couple of seconds to sniff the air. Ataia was suddenly thankful she lived next to a bakery.
Ataia turned back to the string of keys, and found to right one. She stuffed it into the lock and turned it. She flung open the door and leaped inside, then slammed it behind her. She glimpsed the beast running unevenly down the path, seconds away.
Ataia didn’t stop running until she reached her room. She locked that door too, then leaned against it, exhausted.
“Oh no,” She looked out of her window, seeing the slimy creature flapping outside, bigger than the cars outside below. It scratched desperately at the window, leaving white marks where the glass was chipped. It bashed the glass brainlessly, the will to kill her fresh in its mind.

---

xD
---
Back from hibernation.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:12:40 06/04/2010 by Night Owl
CinderLover Emerald Sparx Gems: 3924
#2 Posted: 20:55:06 06/04/2010
O.O that must be terrifying...
#3 Posted: 10:37:17 07/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Yus. Epic entrances for the win. xD That's only a bit of part one. xD I'm writing as I go along, so it may be a while before I have more.
---
Back from hibernation.
cynder 9999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1285
#4 Posted: 20:04:04 08/04/2010
TAT WAS EPICLY AMENCE smilie
---
Leaving, For good..
#5 Posted: 20:05:09 08/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Thanks. X3
---
Back from hibernation.
cynder 9999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1285
#6 Posted: 20:06:07 08/04/2010
hooray for u
---
Leaving, For good..
#7 Posted: 20:24:54 08/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Lol whut?
---
Back from hibernation.
icedragon333 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6076
#8 Posted: 20:05:48 13/04/2010
good start, shame the Rp died
---
No.
#9 Posted: 20:08:01 13/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Thank you! smilie

Yeah. I brought the RP up a couple of days ago, so it shouldn't be too bad if you post now. x3 This story isn't exactly the same as the RP, since I can't use your characters and I had a better idea. xD
---
Back from hibernation.
icedragon333 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6076
#10 Posted: 14:19:40 16/04/2010
so, when's the next chapter going to be posted?
---
No.
#11 Posted: 14:21:28 16/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Pretty soon. But It'll still be part of chapter one.

EDIT: Voila

She flopped onto her bed, knowing that the creature couldn’t break the glass. Her heart was still pounding, though. She watched as the creature senselessly beat its head against the window.
She got up and walked calmly to the window. The creature began to make more noise and slam itself harder when she got closer. She grabbed the curtains, and pulled them closed. She paused for what seemed two minutes until the bashing stopped and she was sure the creature had gone.
Ataia picked up her phone in a swift movement, and sent a text to her best friend, Sophie, who lived a few roads away. She read it back to herself, then hit the ‘send’ button. It read something like this;
“Sophie, come quick. Stay away from wrecked cars and keep your head low.”
She placed her phone in her jean pocket, walked to her front door. After a few minutes of waiting, she saw Sophie coming down the road on her bike, peddling like mad. She swung open the door, and Sophie crashed her bike through it.
“That. . . thing. . . after . . . me...” She panted. Ataia locked the door and looked at Sophie, concerned.
“What did it look like?” Ataia inquired.
Sophie slipped off of her bike and pulled her helmet off, placing it on the glass-topped table in Ataia’s hall. She leant on her knees, and sucked in air.
“Was it big, purple and winged with no eyes?” Ataia asked. Sophie nodded, and straightened up.
“Great. So you could see it?” Ataia mumbled.
“Would I know what it looks like if I couldn’t see it?” Sophie replied, quick to be sarcastic.
“No,” Ataia replied. “But no one else can see it, right?”
Sophie flicked her blonde hair and straightened her red t-shirt. “I don’t think so.”

---
Not much, but I don't have much free time.
---
Back from hibernation.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:23:24 16/04/2010 by Night Owl
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me