First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Better than the old games? [CLOSED]
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#51 Posted: 12:48:28 26/05/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Quote: Gwenio

seriously??? All you have to do is follow the set path and press the "attack" button over and over.

If you press buttons without thinking it could take a while though.

Well obviously you wouldn't just smash the buttons at random. You steer, attack when the enemies are near, follow the proper sequence when you need to and jump when you need to. All of that is just plain obvious so yeah, still very easy.

I feel that the amount of enemies that you have to fight at once is WAY too much in that game. Towards the end, about thirty apes got thrown at you every couple of seconds.... Then there was that big fight at the end, were countless large enemies just kept on appearing on this small stage thingy. And you had to go to this tiny place to get back your breaths and all.... That took me a long time to defeat them. No, it wasn't because I kept on dieing. I didn't die once from that fight. It was the fact that one large enemy kept on replacing the one you defeated ALL THE TIME.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#52 Posted: 17:01:53 29/05/2010
Yeah exactly. I think the first time a playedTEN I kept expecting it to go to a cutscene in which Spyro or Sparx said "There's too many of them!" And then they get kidnapped and taken to Gaul and put in captivity. I mean really, things just got to the point where it seemed pointless. I don't just mean that it looked like the enemies couldn't have been defeated, I mean it was like 'why am I still doing this? This isn't adding anything good to the game; why haven't I moved on?'

Agree?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
ajb6400 Green Sparx Gems: 184
#53 Posted: 03:16:28 31/05/2010
I dont like the new trilodgy for one thing THERE IS ONLY ONE FEMALE IN THE WHOLE TRILOGY
---
Ok so i made this
www.dragonadopters.wetpaint.com
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#54 Posted: 03:54:55 31/05/2010
Well, there is Nina, Spyro's foster mother if you remember.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#55 Posted: 03:58:30 31/05/2010
Well technically, there are three females in the tirade: Cynder, Nina, and that voice on White Isle in TEN... but who cares about her, huh? That's right, no one smilie .
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#56 Posted: 06:38:40 31/05/2010
Cynder, Nina, and the Elemental Dragon... smilie
#57 Posted: 06:44:44 31/05/2010
I recalled other females too in the trilogy, if anyone actually paid attention instead of ranting.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#58 Posted: 06:53:28 31/05/2010
I think there was another I can't remember...

Originally, they were going to have Mother Moles in DOTD. Why remove that?
#59 Posted: 22:02:49 31/05/2010
*off topic* I don't recall Sparx's mom and dad being called Flash and Nina in the credits of ANB. Where did the names actually come from? Is it in the credits of another version of the game? I have the Game Cube version.

Also, where did you learn about the mother moles?

Anyway, side females or no, there should have been more main females, and more involved in fighting, even if they were just girl cheetahs seen at Warfang. But more main females who also fight would be a reall good addition.
---
#60 Posted: 23:08:27 31/05/2010
Flash and Nina are the official names for Sparx's mom and dad. It said so in the credits of ANB. The female moles only appeared in the concept art of DotD.
---
#61 Posted: 23:27:26 31/05/2010
Okay, but were the names in a version different from the Game Cube one? I'm certain I didn't see them there.
---
#62 Posted: 23:31:25 31/05/2010
PS2 version.
---
#63 Posted: 23:55:29 31/05/2010
Ah, okay. These discrepencies are kinda confusing and annoying.
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#64 Posted: 11:14:58 01/06/2010
Yeah exactly. I think the first time a playedTEN I kept expecting it to go to a cutscene in which Spyro or Sparx said "There's too many of them!" And then they get kidnapped and taken to Gaul and put in captivity. I mean really, things just got to the point where it seemed pointless. I don't just mean that it looked like the enemies couldn't have been defeated, I mean it was like 'why am I still doing this? This isn't adding anything good to the game; why haven't I moved on?'

Agree?

I agree. I'm always saying, "Get on with it!" to the T.V screen all the time.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#65 Posted: 21:28:18 01/06/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543

Agree?

I agree. I'm always saying, "Get on with it!" to the T.V screen all the time.

Also agree. I was always saying the exact same thing as well smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#66 Posted: 17:17:21 17/07/2010
For me, comparing StD and LoS is like comparing The Witcher and Modern Warfare 2...

1. Spyro the Dragon: definitely platform game
Legend of Spyro: 30% platform, 70% action combat

2. StD: young dragon with non-speaking, only bzzzz-making dragonfly, trying to defeat some enemies, gather lost treasure and visit worlds through portals (maybe he really wants? who knows?)
LoS: young dragon with speaking, almost-funny dragonfly trying to discover, who the heck is he, then trying to stop the summon of Malefor, finnaly trying to stop Malefor himself

3. StD: perfect game for everyone, children and adults, good humour, colourfull worlds, awesome music
LoS: game made rather for adults and teens, more difficult, more serious, more dark, chorus music (awesome, but in different way than in StD)

4. StD: for lot of people it's strongly bound with childhood (at least for me smilie)
LoS: Spyro serie for younger generation, if somebody didn't play StD, LoS will be a real Spyro for him

For me, both series are great. Spyro the Dragon reminds me of my childhood, when I came back from kindergarten and then play Gateway to Glimmer and Spyro the Dragon... But Legend of Spyro is a different Spyro story, alternative one. No portals, no dragon eggs, no Elora, Moneybags etc... Serious story of saving the world, growing and, finally, love...

Maybe it looks different, but I think that LoS has better plot than StD (not only DotD, I mean mainly ANB and TEN). What are you doing in StD? Gathering dragons/orbs/eggs to go to another world, btw fighting with a boss bla bla bla and finally you face the most Evil one, you face him once, gather ALL what you can gather, face him second time and then you can see alternative autro...

Story in ANB and TEN is better imo, you don't have to gather anything, you just go through a land to save one of the Guardians. In LoS Spyro doesn't work alone. Ignitus and others teach him, tell him where to go next, how to defeat the Evil etc. In StD Spyro was alone, the only advices were about controlls...

Wow, I write a lot, but I think, that you will understand, what I mean (it still can be difficult with my English gramatic skills).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:18:22 17/07/2010 by Paplok
Cuzzberry Gold Sparx Gems: 2081
#67 Posted: 20:42:39 17/07/2010
I'm sure you guys always hear me saying that I like TLOS better, but lately I've been thinking. I have to agree with the people who are saying they are equal because they are way too different to compare. The original Spyro games were cute, humorous, and more for inexperienced gamers that could kill a simple gnorc with the touch of a button. But TLOS was a bit more challenging, when it comes to combat wise. I agree, it was a lot of button smashing, but we have to admit we would get a little out-numbered occasionally and die. (Especially in TEN when you were at Gaul's place, and it's just that big platform with a bunch of minions popping up and trying to kill you! That took me forever to beat!)

Either way, I always have loved the Spyro games and hope to keep enjoying them, unless Activision blows off the whole series.

Also, when it comes to the storyline, I personally thought TEN was the best. ANB was just Spyro going after each guardian and it felt repetitive. DOTD was a little more creative, except I think most of us already knew what was going to happen at the end. TEN felt just right to me, with a few more shockers to the ending and such.
---
Wow... It's been awhile!smilie
cynder fan Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#68 Posted: 20:57:31 17/07/2010
yes but TEN grapghiks whore the best
---
,,This is where it really ends''
#69 Posted: 21:59:36 17/07/2010
Quote: cynder fan
yes but TEN grapghiks whore the best

....what?
---
#70 Posted: 09:29:51 18/07/2010
I think she meant "were", not "whore"... Sorry, I don't know what is the past form of "mean".
ShayminSky Ripto Gems: 943
#71 Posted: 11:07:15 18/07/2010
Well, TLoS did have some good graphics in a few of the versions. Amazingly, the DS itself did have good graphics, though TEN was just... really poor. And Activision just made it go downhill. DotD did have potential, it actually could have been the best of the three if the character designs were better, longer storyline, made the free-flying 'not suck' and add it to the DS version, keep the younger Spyro and Cynder, and I can't be bothered to list the rest.

The Original Series were a bit too cartoony for my taste, and there were way too many characters in my opinion, I mean, most of 998 of the characters were from the Original Series.

Of course, imo.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#72 Posted: 11:20:26 18/07/2010
@Paplok Isn't it meant?
I'm like cynder fan's translator.
cynder fan: Yes but TEN graphics were the best.

I think that the two series were equal.
Flashback:
I played Spyro ever since I was like 3 years old with my dad. I needed his help at first but then I got the hang of it and started playing by myself. I grew very fond of Spyro. When I was around 7 years old tLoS: ANB came out and I got it for Christmas. I played it that morning and I thought it was weird because of the story line. A few months later I found the game again and started to play it. I then thought it was pretty cool but I needed help with it a bit because I wasn't used to the fighting style. I also adapted to it and started playing by myself. TEN came out and I was fine with that, but Arboric was hard for me (I got used to it after a few times). Then DotD came out and that was different to ANB and TEN. The controls were even different. I got used to it and I thought that TLoS was better than the Originals. It took me a year to remember the fun times I had playing the Classic Spyro Games to realize that they were equal.

^ No idea why I put that in a spoiler...

So yeah. Equal.

Things I like in the Originals:
  • Portals
  • Power-ups
  • Lots of females...
  • Able to be other characters (YotD)
  • Skateboarding (YotD)
  • Spyro's cute look

• Things I don't like in the Originals:
  • Like one hit and the enemy's dead
  • Sparx life thing
  • Lots of characters/species
  • When you get gems, the numbers fly out

• Things I like in TLoS:
  • HUD
  • Free Flight (DotD)
  • Fighting abilities/elemental attacks
  • Spirit Gems
  • The Guardians
  • You can actually fight enemies
  • Not as many species

• Things I don't like in TLoS:
  • Hardly any females
  • Energy bar
  • Cynder is NEVER black (only in the cutscenes of ANB )

• I may have missed things because I haven't played these games in a long time...
    ---
    you don't know me. i break things
    I draw stuff.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:21:55 18/07/2010 by Bolt
    cynder fan Blue Sparx Gems: 588
    #73 Posted: 11:24:12 18/07/2010
    dainga-ding-ding you are right
    ---
    ,,This is where it really ends''
    #74 Posted: 20:27:27 18/07/2010
    cynder fan -> misteress of cut riposte, topic dead
    First | Page 2 of 2
    1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me