Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
four or two purple dragon? [CLOSED]
terry420 Red Sparx Gems: 52
#1 Posted: 12:50:15 02/04/2010 | Topic Creator
ignitus told spyro. Quote:
Throughout our history, There is only known to have been two purple dragons.
Is that spyro and malefor? Or is that two other purple dragons? if you think its two other purple dragon please name them for me.

p.s i think their names are sid and harry smilie
---
goodbye dark spyro for now.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:51:36 02/04/2010 by terry420
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#2 Posted: 13:35:33 02/04/2010
I think Ignitus is talking about Malefor and Spyro.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#3 Posted: 13:35:49 02/04/2010
This event happens after the Ruins of Warfang level if I'm not mistaken. From what I got from Ignitus' little history lesson. He was implying that only two purple dragons exist: Malefor and Gary (TLOS Spyro smilie).

However later in the game, Malefor reveals that there have been many purple dragons before their time. This can be proven true when Gary, Mary (TLOS Cynder smilie) and Malefor land on that big purple crystal somewhere in the worlds mantle.

Five dragon spirits pop up and suck Malefor into the purple crystal. So if those five dragon spirits were purple dragons then that means they were actually seven purple dragons, Gary being the seventh one.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#4 Posted: 13:36:55 02/04/2010
Gary? What's that supposed to mean?
---
#5 Posted: 13:38:02 02/04/2010
Look up, Mary Sue... Gary Stu or in this case Gary is the male counter part of a Mary Sue.
---
My Gallery
#6 Posted: 14:56:28 02/04/2010 | Topic Creator
but zackeio in the eternal night the Chronicler said to spyro the elders sealed malefor away so in the end dotd Aren't the dragon spirits the dragon elders sealing malefor away again?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:58:03 02/04/2010 by terry420
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#7 Posted: 14:56:56 02/04/2010
I recall the Chronicler scene in TEN having something to say on the matter. As I remember it (and it has been a while) the Chronicler implies that the Guardians know very little about purple dragons because it has been so long since there has been one.
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#8 Posted: 15:03:53 02/04/2010
I would think there was only Malefor and Spyro, since Malefor is the bad guy, I'd think he'd be a liar. He probably told Spyro that there were other purple dragons, and that their true role was that of evil, just to get Spyro and Cynder to surrender.
#9 Posted: 15:16:42 02/04/2010 | Topic Creator
thats a good point, dragon lover maybe malefor was lying. so if he was lying, and the five dragon spirits are the elders, that means there is only two purple dragon, spyro and malefor.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:18:39 02/04/2010 by terry420
#10 Posted: 15:19:30 02/04/2010
Thank you. I always suspected myself that the dragon spirits were the elders that sent him into exile before. Or maybe just some random spirits who were dedicated to the well being of the dragon race. Either way...
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#11 Posted: 17:34:59 02/04/2010
Please stop spamming. He was referring to Spyro (gary) and Malefor. As for all the other purple dragons, which we saw clearly Malefor was truthful, but Iggy lied. The REAL question is why? Why woud the trusted elder lie and the malicious villain be the one to be truthful? Too many BLOODY plotholes! Whatever happens in the next game, it better answer all the questions!
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#12 Posted: 18:05:12 02/04/2010
@NEW_SpyroLUVA: Lol! You're really annoyed at this game aren't you? I don't blame you, maybe you or I could make a story about it and guess what happened in the plotholes? Or is that a waste of time? I just thought it might fun?
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#13 Posted: 18:19:31 02/04/2010
Filling in plot holes is really fun. I do it every time I play a game. This is not meant in an offensive way, BTW.
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#14 Posted: 19:26:55 02/04/2010
Only two purple dragons have been known to have existed; these being Malefor and Spyro.

There may have been others before Malefor, but if there truly ever was is unknown.
#15 Posted: 19:33:11 02/04/2010
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
@NEW_SpyroLUVA: Lol! You're really annoyed at this game aren't you? I don't blame you, maybe you or I could make a story about it and guess what happened in the plotholes? Or is that a waste of time? I just thought it might fun?

Sounds fun, why not make a topic in this or the general section?
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#16 Posted: 19:36:16 02/04/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

Sounds fun, why not make a topic in this or the general section?

That sounds like a good idea. :3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#17 Posted: 19:59:21 02/04/2010
Please stop spamming. He was referring to Spyro (gary) and Malefor. As for all the other purple dragons, which we saw clearly Malefor was truthful, but Iggy lied. The REAL question is why? Why woud the trusted elder lie and the malicious villain be the one to be truthful? Too many BLOODY plotholes! Whatever happens in the next game, it better answer all the questions!

Was 'Please stop spamming.' aimed at me?

And where did we see them? If you're referring to the spirits, they were transparent. The coloring of the rocks probably made them appear purple.
Pinkdesi101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1276
#18 Posted: 20:05:13 02/04/2010
and one of them sort of looked like ignitus. >.>
i consider Cynder a purple dragon, even though she isn't officially one. plz don't flame me ppl! *holds up shield*
---
...is this supposed to be my signature?
#19 Posted: 20:13:01 02/04/2010
Cynder isn't really a purple dragon, since her egg was black/gray, and she was once possessed with dark magic. That wasn't a flame, I was just voicing my opinion. smilie
#20 Posted: 20:14:32 02/04/2010
i know. that's why she isn't an official one. but it is sort of strange...she turned purple...she has 4 elements...my mind can't take it. smilie
---
#21 Posted: 20:18:33 02/04/2010
I'm pretty sure that most stuff that's in the game was added because the producers needed to fill in the gaps. In reality, they only made more.

Based on Cynder having four elements, this was probably because the producers wanted her and Spyro to be even. If you noticed, in ANB, she only breathed one element, which was a fiery type.
#22 Posted: 20:22:38 02/04/2010
fire-lava element. O.O scary...
although it did seem to have some fear in it...
---
#23 Posted: 20:25:16 02/04/2010
It did, come to think of it. When the fireball exploded it made that Fear sound. Like when you use the Siren Scream attack on DotD.
#24 Posted: 20:28:33 02/04/2010
and it started to blur the screen a little. it does that on the wii when you use fear.
---
#25 Posted: 20:30:08 02/04/2010
It did? Hm... Yeah, it does on PS3 too, a little.
#26 Posted: 20:39:05 02/04/2010
well, it would make sence that it's more powerful when she's older...
---
#27 Posted: 21:07:46 02/04/2010
Yeah, but oddly enough, she was bigger and more powerful when she was possessed, so wouldn't it make sense as well if her attacks did more damage?
#28 Posted: 21:25:18 02/04/2010
that's what i was thinking. >.>
---
#29 Posted: 21:42:25 02/04/2010
Quote: terry420
but zackeio in the eternal night the Chronicler said to spyro the elders sealed malefor away so in the end dotd Aren't the dragon spirits the dragon elders sealing malefor away again?

Not exactly smilie . . . Malefor was sealed away by the Well of Souls which mind you was crafted by Malefor himself. This mutation on the worlds mass was caused by Malefor's dark magic, which was also the artificial crystals that he was making at the time. During the events of ANB, Cynder was using the guardians life force to re-animate Malefor, however during the events of TEN Gary got stuck in between the cross fire of the Eternal night and turned into Dark Gary...

That beam that we saw was meant to release Malefor. Now mind you also that the Chronicler did say that the Eternal night increases all the evil spirits strength for a short time... this implies not only to Gual and his kin, but to Malefor himself. Malefor does say some of this during the events of DOTD but I think he says it backwards from what I just said.

Also note, that when Ignitus does chime in during DOTD, he is in his natural color state, while the five dragon spirits were purple contours of dragons that could easily resemble any dragon from that era.

Also its kinda common for the main villain to get over confident during the final confrontation of a series. This resulting the main villain to ... reveal the truth if you will to the audience and main characters. Rather or not the writers actually did that ploy or not is not know.
---
My Gallery
#30 Posted: 21:54:57 02/04/2010
that cleared up what malefor said...a little. smilie
---
#31 Posted: 21:58:35 02/04/2010
Quote: Zackeio

Not exactly smilie . . . Malefor was sealed away by the Well of Souls which mind you was crafted by Malefor himself. This mutation on the worlds mass was caused by Malefor's dark magic, which was also the artificial crystals that he was making at the time. During the events of ANB, Cynder was using the guardians life force to re-animate Malefor, however during the events of TEN Gary got stuck in between the cross fire of the Eternal night and turned into Dark Gary...

That beam that we saw was meant to release Malefor. Now mind you also that the Chronicler did say that the Eternal night increases all the evil spirits strength for a short time... this implies not only to Gual and his kin, but to Malefor himself. Malefor does say some of this during the events of DOTD but I think he says it backwards from what I just said.

Also note, that when Ignitus does chime in during DOTD, he is in his natural color state, while the five dragon spirits were purple contours of dragons that could easily resemble any dragon from that era.

Also its kinda common for the main villain to get over confident during the final confrontation of a series. This resulting the main villain to ... reveal the truth if you will to the audience and main characters. Rather or not the writers actually did that ploy or not is not know.

Actually, the Chronicler said that when Malefor was cast into exile he found a mountain to perch upon, and after a while it cracked under his mere weight, imprisoning him inside, if I remember correctly.

And why, if I may ask, are you calling Spyro 'Gary'?
#32 Posted: 21:59:49 02/04/2010
Quote: Dragon Lover

Actually, the Chronicler said that when Malefor was cast into exile he found a mountain to perch upon, and after a while it cracked under his mere weight, imprisoning him inside, if I remember correctly.

Weight of his malice, not mere wieght.
#33 Posted: 22:03:35 02/04/2010
Quote: Gwenio

Weight of his malice, not mere wieght.

Oh, thank you for the correction. It's been a while since I played TEN.
#34 Posted: 22:16:03 02/04/2010
Hate to toot my horn here, smilie but I wrote down every event that happened during the TLOS trilogy (probably missing a few but smilie). I may not have exactly what the Chronicler said but I do have the main points of it:

When Malefor was ostracized from the temple, he headed towards the high mountains and there found Gaul and his kin and made an army of apes. From the mountain top soon later became the Mountain of Malefor. During these events Malefor's dark magic cracked the world's crust creating the Well of Souls, in turn evil spirits resides in, and also (at the time) sealed Malefor away.

This does conflict with what happen during the events of ANB, but mind you there are a lot of inconsistencies in TLOS smilie . During the events of ANB Malefor is supposedly sealed in Convexity, but in TEN Malefor is sealed in the Well of Souls, which Gual and his kin are eagerly awaiting for his return once again.

I call TLOS Spyro Gary because, IMO, he is a Gary-Stu... if you want to know why then go to the General Board, and look up a thread called "I'd like to understand this" its by Darby, can't miss it. Just do a Ctrl-F and type my name in there and find my post, you just have to read the post that has Rebooted = Segregation in it and you'll understand why I call TLOS Spyro, Gary.

Note I could be wrong here, but this is just all in speculation if I'm not mistaken.
---
My Gallery
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:18:22 02/04/2010 by Zackeio
#35 Posted: 22:23:00 02/04/2010

Was 'Please stop spamming.' aimed at me?

And where did we see them? If you're referring to the spirits, they were transparent. The coloring of the rocks probably made them appear purple.

No, it was aimed at the topic maker.
---
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#36 Posted: 22:28:33 02/04/2010
This does conflict with what happen during the events of ANB, but mind you there are a lot of inconsistencies in TLOS _ . During the events of ANB Malefor is supposedly sealed in Convexity, but in TEN Malefor is sealed in the Well of Souls, which Gual and his kin are eagerly awaiting for his return once again.

I just figured that Mary did let Malefor out of the Convexity, but that was only his power over the world or something like that, or maybe that was just a first-barrier type of thing. Maybe it let go of his soul so that it could be bond with the Well of Souls again (as Igintus says in dtod that a dragon’s soul does not leave this world), or with the world again. They trapped him in the Convexity to keep his power from leaking out or something.

The Well of Souls was automatically what he was dragged to, then there had to be a way to get him out of there thus the whole Gaul thing. And the dragons that trap Malefor might be the original ones who placed him in the Convexity, not five/four purple dragons, or maybe even the guardians that taught Malefor all the secrets, and it’s likely that it might be both of which I just stated.

I don't know, that’s just a theory of mine.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:30:40 02/04/2010 by Wild
#37 Posted: 22:42:50 02/04/2010
@ Wild

During the events of ANB, Ignitus explains to Gary that Convexity acts as an airlock between their realms (where the game takes place) and the dark realms (where supposedly Malefor's soul is). When Cynder (the bad-ass one not Mary from DOTD smilie) activates convexity Malefor's soul, or probably a more proper term, essence returns to the world.

When this happens his essence gets sucked into the Well of Souls and there awaits for the Eternal Night to happen so he can get enough power to re-animate him self and become the Harrowing of the World if you will.

Who knows, really this trilogy has more holes than Swiss cheese smilie
---
My Gallery
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:45:13 02/04/2010 by Zackeio
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#38 Posted: 23:12:00 02/04/2010
Oh, I see. I should play the games again, I think.
#39 Posted: 01:53:41 03/04/2010

Who knows, really this trilogy has more holes than Swiss cheese smilie

Though with Malefor coming back it is all explained, except for what exactly happend to him in the first place.

Convexity was an airlock that kepy him sealed away. Cynder broke the seal with the crystals. He goes to the Well of Souls to await the Eternal Night when he can return. After that, he is resurrected (likely he recreates his body).
#40 Posted: 03:17:49 03/04/2010
Ah, who cares? *shrugs* Not me.
#41 Posted: 11:54:54 03/04/2010
Urgh, why do the Developers have to make it so complicated?
---
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#42 Posted: 14:02:23 03/04/2010

they should get better writers if they really want to make an epic-like storyline ...smilie
DoTD has a hell lot of plotholes D:
#43 Posted: 14:17:15 03/04/2010
Quote: Kimbia28

they should get better writers if they really want to make an epic-like storyline ...smilie
DoTD has a hell lot of plotholes D:

Exactly.
Skyqueen Emerald Sparx Gems: 3282
#44 Posted: 06:42:28 04/04/2010
Pff, I dunno. But from what I can tell, Spyro and Malefor have been the only two purple dragons...there proabably were more purple dragons before Spyro was born, but Malefor must of been alive at that point too. But that's just what I think.
---
N/A
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#45 Posted: 10:31:38 04/04/2010
Look up, Mary Sue... Gary Stu or in this case Gary is the male counter part of a Mary Sue.

I love how you called TLOS Spyro Gary..Though i call him Spy.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#46 Posted: 21:46:09 04/04/2010
Quote: Pinkdesi101
i know. that's why she isn't an official one. but it is sort of strange...she turned purple...she has 4 elements...my mind can't take it. smilie

She had those elements because she was exposed to Malefor's darkness. In DotD in the Catacombs the chronicler mentioned that.
Apoc Gold Sparx Gems: 2941
#47 Posted: 21:46:53 04/04/2010
There should be more than one purple dragon
---
DarkSpyro's resident "cool person" except there's nothing cool about me.
I've been here since god knows when and ask any old heads about me.
spyrofan_ Yellow Sparx Gems: 1195
#48 Posted: 07:52:11 05/04/2010
i see it as there are 2 purple dragons, spyro and malefor

cuz in the end of dotd, when malefor dies and that 5 dragons comes up is the ld elder that ignitus was talking about.
---
my Deviantart profile: http://spyroexpert.deviantart.com/
spyroGalNicoleX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1582
#49 Posted: 09:22:53 07/04/2010
but they kinda make it seem like a legend that purple dragons come round every what 10 generations i cant member. Point is they say one every 10 generations or whatever but if theres only malefore and spyro how'd they no that. maybe malefore prevented any further eggs with purple dragons inside hatching as he kinda gives the impression only a pruple dragon can defeat him. Its easy to figure out really. if purple dragons are stopping so big master plan eggs are helpless hell destroy them like n the dragon temple in ANB! Thats why spyro is so special cuz he survived malefores plan :/

just a theory :/
---
''All I wanna be, is everything at once''
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#50 Posted: 22:44:43 07/04/2010
Everyone is a purple dragon.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me