Page 1 of 1
Opening titles (It's happened again!!) [CLOSED]
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#1 Posted: 09:03:06 26/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Okay, not a lot of people seem to know this but for some reason on my PS2 copy of A New Beginning the opening credits didn't have the fancy gold text but more like it was done in the subtitle font while omitting the voice actors from it, and the title just faded in and out without any fancy effects to it. I put it down to ending up with an early copy or something.

And then not long after I got the Wii version of The Eternal Night yesterday, I sat down and tried it out (with the classic controller, woohoo!). Alas, the same happened again - subtitle font for opening credits and they completely omitted Kevin and Mae from it, all before the logo even showed up on screen (probably all for the better to get a clearer picture of the Convexity scene, perhaps). And then when the logo DID show up it faded in and out again, and completely omitted the solar eclipse from the logo. Is this coincidence? This time it's not an early copy as I'm assuming my mother got it from ASDA last Thursday.

Bear in mind that I live in the UK, so I thought I put it down to differences between regions or something. Does anyone have anything to contribute to all this?
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2 Posted: 17:52:58 26/12/2007
Your consoles seem to be fine. How how old is your tv?
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
#3 Posted: 19:09:26 26/12/2007 | Topic Creator
About 8 years old or so, but what does the TV reception have to do with anything?
chris Fodder
#4 Posted: 23:32:46 26/12/2007
The European version features multiple languages on the same disc, so if the player loads the game in a language other than english, the voice actor names are different. In order to accomodate the need for showing multiple names during these pre-rendered movies, we can't use the fancy lettering that we use in the US version. Instead, we have to use the subtitle system to display the name. Hope that helps smilie
#5 Posted: 00:05:35 27/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Interesting theory, though the ditching of the solar eclipse in the logo still baffles me. Still I did hear claims of people in the UK having copies of A New Beginning with the "fancier" cutscene text, so that's how I got a little concerned.

Still, thanks for the insight. I never really thought of dubbing for other European territories before smilie
Last edited at 00:06:45 27/12/2007 by Rexy
chris Fodder
#6 Posted: 19:24:00 27/12/2007
Hmm, not really sure why the eclipse was removed from the logo, but I can assure you that the UK version of ANB did not have the fancy lettering. The US disc has english only on it, so it allows us more freedom to do these kinds of things because we don't have to worry about the other languages or voice actors.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me