Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Spyro Comics?? [CLOSED]
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#1 Posted: 00:36:47 31/03/2010 | Topic Creator
I hope i put this in the right section..

I'm just curious. Are you interested in reading Spyro Fan comics, or do you find them stupid and pointless?? I personally like some of them, especially ShaloneSK's Spyro's Back and TLoS:ZR. But I was curious to see if anyone else is interested in them adenjoys reading them or not??
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#2 Posted: 00:47:43 31/03/2010
So far, the only one that I've actually read was Razz's Spyro comic that takes place in Spyro the Dragon: Ripto's Rage / Gateway to Glimmer, era. I'm not sure on where she is on that strip but it should be interesting how she produces it with her spin on it...

Besides that, I've seen some comics, and my overall impression on them is: What the heck is going on smilie!? Maybe it just me, but sometimes there a little too predictable or I'm just not interested in them smilie . Oh well the more you do the better you get at it as suppose.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#3 Posted: 01:01:19 31/03/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Zackeio
So far, the only one that I've actually read was Razz's Spyro comic that takes place in Spyro the Dragon: Ripto's Rage / Gateway to Glimmer, era. I'm not sure on where she is on that strip but it should be interesting how she produces it with her spin on it...

Besides that, I've seen some comics, and my overall impression on them is: What the heck is going on smilie!? Maybe it just me, but sometimes there a little too predictable or I'm just not interested in them smilie . Oh well the more you do the better you get at it as suppose.

Hmm I never knew she made a comic, i've only seen her art on DA. I'll have to look at that, sounds interesting

Yeah, i agree with you on tha. There are quite a few that are predictable or just plain..wierd. But others i enjoy
Cokuruscana Red Sparx Gems: 70
#4 Posted: 19:25:13 04/04/2010
Razz's Spyro comics tend to be centered around Elora, Insomniac Spyro and Gaul. smilie She did a lot of short comics with Cynder too. I honestly loved those, since they were different from most Spyro-Cynder-Malefor comics I see all the time.

I rather like SK's comic. And CaSF's as well. Interesting villainesses.

I personally want to see more comics that are based in the Insomniac universe. You don't see those too often.
---
Tales of Flames and Embers is currently in progress.
Night Owl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1942
#5 Posted: 19:44:07 04/04/2010
Quote: Cokuruscana
Razz's Spyro comics tend to be centered around Elora, Insomniac Spyro and Gaul. smilie She did a lot of short comics with Cynder too. I honestly loved those, since they were different from most Spyro-Cynder-Malefor comics I see all the time.

I rather like SK's comic. And CaSF's as well. Interesting villainesses.

I personally want to see more comics that are based in the Insomniac universe. You don't see those too often.

I read theirs too. ^-^ CASF's is awsome.
---
Back from hibernation.
#6 Posted: 21:51:07 04/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Yeah, i don't think people make as many based on the Insomniac games because LoS was more of an ongoing story, so it would be easier to add on to it instead of the insomniac games because each game had it's own story.
Cokuruscana Red Sparx Gems: 70
#7 Posted: 18:48:11 09/04/2010
Quote: Darby
Yeah, i don't think people make as many based on the Insomniac games because LoS was more of an ongoing story, so it would be easier to add on to it instead of the insomniac games because each game had it's own story.

I don't think the Insomniac games necessarily had different stories in each one. They mainly had new villains in each one, rather than ongoing plotlines.
---
Tales of Flames and Embers is currently in progress.
Mia the dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 930
#8 Posted: 21:02:16 09/04/2010
sounds coool
---
need me i'll be at wolf haven or chickensmoothie! chickensmoothie- Untamed Darkness
WolfHaven- EnvyWolf
Pearl-Mermaid Blue Sparx Gems: 572
#9 Posted: 12:40:11 10/04/2010
I need ideas for a story to admuse my friend smilie
---
I Love my Horses, and I always willsmilie
~Spyrobaby = BFF!♥
#10 Posted: 23:23:02 11/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cokuruscana
Quote: Darby

I don't think the Insomniac games necessarily had different stories in each one. They mainly had new villains in each one, rather than ongoing plotlines.

Yeahyou're right. I Guess I worded that wrong. TLoS had an ongoing story, while the original games didn't. I don't know how to explain what i was getting at.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#11 Posted: 06:22:24 12/04/2010
Awww... Now I feel bad for having to stop doing my fan comics. I was enjoying "No Dragons in Avalar" and it remains a story that I actually like, but I had to give it up in favor of projects that are more important to me (namely, Creature of the Night and Ye Gods!). I was thinking about continuing it either by just making quick pages instead of the finished ones or finding a volunteer artist that doesn't mind working under something of a slave driver. smilie Do you guys have any thoughts on it?

As for my LoS comic, "Hand of Darkness"...meh. It was a decent story, but I've grown so bitter toward the entire LoS franchise that I pretty much dropped it like a hot rock. Whenever I get my AlphaSmart connection cable back, I'll be posting a full synopsis of the story, but that's the last thing I plan on doing with that one.

Edit: I've put up a poll on dA about "No Dragons in Avalar". Feel free to vote in it, leave comments there or here, etc.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:42:18 12/04/2010 by Razz
#12 Posted: 21:52:30 13/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Wierd, I hadn't seen either comics. I'll definitely have to see them.

*edit*
It turns out I had read "No dragons in Avalar" a while back. I thought it looked familiar. I enjoyed reading it. And you decided to continue it?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:55:25 13/04/2010 by Darby
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#13 Posted: 05:03:46 14/04/2010
I am doing some preliminary work to continue it, but that's taking a temporary backseat to my job.
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#14 Posted: 05:57:24 14/04/2010
I'm trying to work on mine, but i suck at writing good stories to be honest, I got 4 pages done but, then again I dont think many if any people will like it.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
MJ_135 Blue Sparx Gems: 785
#15 Posted: 21:28:20 14/04/2010
i am still doing mine
---
ASKING ALEXANDRIA FTW!!!!! smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me