Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Re-Vamp the Classics [CLOSED]
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#1 Posted: 21:55:44 23/03/2010 | Topic Creator
Okay so, you all know how much I love the classic Spyro but even the greatest games could use a change every once in a while, as long as the essence of the game remains. So that being said, lets all make a few changes to any level from the first three Spyro games and the two games preceding LOS. You may also invent totally new levels. You can also invent new characters and change the existing characters. However:

• Please don't use LOS characters/ levles
  • Don't change the game's atmospheres too much
  • Don't change the characters so much that they are not at all as they used to be.
  • Don't simply say "I'd change the classics to LOS"

Okay, GO FOR IT! I'll start.

Level: Metalhead

You begin in a huge outdoor area surrounded by deep caverns filled with glowing green liquid, and tall stone walls on the outside of those. You are in a sunken area with wide stairs at the end of it. Three or four enemies roll down the staris towards you. They are the monkeys(?) from the original version but they look like punk rockers with spiky hair. They attack you by punching you and stabbing you with thier hair. You defeat those and go up the stairs into a grassy area, where you find three or four larger monkeys(?). They have spiky hair too, and also spiky bracelets. They attack you by swinging thier fists down on you and kicking you by swinging thier legs while supporiting themselves on thier fists. There are also terradactle type enemies who swoop at you.

You move forward and find a wooden rope bridge. On either side of the bridge is a deep mosh pit filled with humanoid enemies wearing punk rock style outfits (they're all the same) and long hair. They attack you by banging thier heads and striking you as they do so. They also kick and push you. The one on the left contains loads of treasure and and very wide stairs leading out of it. The other also has treasure, though less of it, and to get out you go through a hallway with flashing lights (what are they called?). You enter a semi circle shaped room; at one end of the circle is a gold key, at the other is a small room with an elevator which takes you back up to the suken area you were in before.

Outside this door in the semi circle room is a starcase attached to the stone wall. You climb this up to a solid platform from which extends a stone bridge. At the end of the bridge is a sunken arch in the wall in which sits a locked chest. The gold key opens this. Exiting through the door into the elevator room, you are once again in the sunken area. You go up the stairs into the grassy area and towards and over the bridge.

To the left of you is a tall, cilyndrical stone tower. To the right of you are three amplifiers, of varying sizes. You climb these to get onto a stone sort of "cube". Upon the cube is treasure. The Cylindrical tower is like that found in ETD in the prehistoric level. But instead of spiders and falling boulders, you are against falling small monkeys(?) like the ones from before, and electrified and moving portions of the tower. At the top is an egg thief. Once you have the egg and all the treasure at he top of the towe, you headbash a bullseye on the floor, falling through it. You land on a slide and slide to the base of the tower, collecting treasure as you go.

You land outside the tower and procede up a set of stone stairs, at the top of which is a huge building and a trapped dragon. You free the dragon who mourns his temple and what Metalhead did to it, tells you how to fight metal head and promises to help and go inside. Once inside you enter a circular concert hall. In the stands are thousands of screaming fans and standing on top of the wall farthest from you is the robot Metalhead. He leaps off the stage and lands on a circular rotating stage.

He attacks you by strumming on his guitar, which fires blasts of electricity and soundwaves. You dodge by running in a circle, and atack by spitting energy-sucking orbs at him, which are dropped by an ever helpful ally, the dragon from before (he finds the orbs in a secret supply cave Metalhead and the Gnorcs know nothing about. Like the monkeys(?) outside, Metalhead has a spiky mohawk and spiky bracelets, but also a spiky belt. Protruding from his back is his battery, into which his guitar is plugged.

After he attacks you for awhile a three-holed outlet opened in the stage's center and a three pronged plug extends from the guitar. Metalhead plugs the guitar into the outlet, thereby charging his battery. While he does this you are attacked by headbangers like the ones from before. You fight your way through them to get to Metalhead, and strike his battery. Once the battery sustains enough damage, it pops off. The headbangers are gone and a supercharge track appears in the floor. You run around the track three times while Metalhead tries to stop you. You must hit the battery three times to destroy it. If you don't Metalhead will pick it up and keep using it, but you can knock it off agin and strike it again. Metalhead replaces the battery with one that is flown in by a terradactle, which was perched with one other on the wall. These tthings are slow fliers, so you can and MUST kill them or they will keep bringing replacement batteries.

You repeat the run, kill headbangers, strike battery, destroy battery, kill terradactle sequence in full two more times. Then Metalhead shuts down and the battle is won! A spteampunk style arch rises out of Metalhead's chest and a portal appears in it. Now fly home, purple hero!

A milti breath and melee attack system would also be included in the game.
The music would have to be changed to better suit the "hardcore" metal theme of the level.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:53:02 24/03/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#2 Posted: 22:05:03 23/03/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Okay so, you all know how much I love the classic Spyro but even the greatest games could use a change every once in a while, as long as the essence of the game remains. So that being said, lets all make a few changes to any level from the first three Spyro games and the two games preceding LOS. You may also invent totally new levels. You can also invent new characters and change the existing characters. However:

• Please don't use LOS characters/ levles
  • Don't change the game's atmospheres too much
  • Don't change the characters so much that they are not at all as they used to be.
  • Don't simply say "I'd change the classics to LOS"

Okay, GO FOR IT! I'll start.

Level: Metalhead

You begin in a huge outdoor area surrounded by deep caverns filled with glowing green liquid, and tall stone walls on the outside of those. You are in a sunken area with wide stairs at the end of it. Three or four enemies roll down the staris towards you. They are the monkeys(?) from the original version but they look like punk rockers with spiky hair. They attack you by punching you and stabbing you with thier hair. You defeat those and go up the stairs into a grassy area, where you find three or four larger monkeys(?). They have spiky hair too, and also spiky bracelets. They attack you by swinging thier fists down on you and kicking you by swinging thier legs while supporiting themselves on thier fists. There are also terradactle type enemies who swoop at you. You move forward and find a wooden rope bridge. On either side of the bridge is a deep mosh pit filled with humanoid enemies wearing punk rock style outfits (they're all the same) and long hair. They attack you by banging thier heads and striking you as they do so. They also kick and push you. The one on the left contains loads of treasure and and very wide stairs leading out of it. The other also has treasure, though less of it, and to get out you go through a hallway with flashing lights (what are they called?). You enter a semi circle shaped room; at one end of the circle is a gold key, at the other is a small room with an elevator which takes you back up to the suken area you were in before. Outside this door in the semi circle room is a starcase attached to the stone wall. You climb this up to a solid platform from which extends a stone bridge. At the end of the bridge is a sunken arch in the wall in which sits a locked chest. The gold key opens this. Exiting through the door into the elevator room, you are once again in the sunken area. You go up the stairs into the grassy area and towards and over the bridge. To the left of you is a tall, cilyndrical stone tower. To the right of you are three amplifiers, of varying sizes. You climb these to get onto a stone sort of "cube". Upon the cube is treasure. The Cylindrical tower is like that found in ETD in the prehistoric level. But instead of spiders and falling boulders, you are against falling small monkeys(?) like the ones from before, and electrified and moving portions of the tower. At the top is an egg thief. Once you have the egg and all the treasure at he top of the towe, you headbash a bullseye on the floor, falling through it. You land on a slide and slide to the base of the tower, collecting treasure as you go. You land outside the tower and procede up a set of stone stairs, at the top of which is a huge building and a trapped dragon. You free the dragon who mourns his temple and what Metalhead did to it, tells you how to fight metal head and promises to help and go inside. Once inside you enter a circular concert hall. In the stands are thousands of screaming fans and standing on top of the wall farthest from you is the robot Metalhead. He leaps off the stage and lands on a circular rotating stage. He attacks you by strumming on his guitar, which fires blasts of electricity and soundwaves. You dodge by running in a circle, and atack by spitting energy-sucking orbs at him, which are dropped by an ever helpful ally, the dragon from before (he finds the orbs in a secret supply cave Metalhead and the Gnorcs know nothing about. Like the monkeys(?) outside, Metalhead has a spiky mohawk and spiky bracelets, but also a spiky belt. Protruding from his back is his battery, into which his guitar is plugged. After he attacks you for awhile a three-holed outlet opened in the stage's center and a three pronged plug extends from the guitar. Metalhead plugs the guitar into the outlet, thereby charging his battery. While he does this you are attacked by headbangers like the ones from before. You fight your way through them to get to Metalhead, and strike his battery. Once the battery sustains enough damage, it pops off. The headbangers are gone and a supercharge track appears in the floor. You run around the track three times while Metalhead tries to stop you. You must hit the battery three times to destroy it. If you don't Metalhead will pick it up and keep using it, but you can knock it off agin and strike it again. Metalhead replaces the battery with one that is flown in by a terradactle, which was perched with one other on the wall. These tthings are slow fliers, so you can and MUST kill them or they will keep bringing replacement batteries. You repeat the run, strike battery, kill headbangers, destroy battery, kill terradactle sequence in full two more times. Then Metalhead shuts down and the battle is won! A spteampunk style arch rises out of Metalhead's chest and a portal appears in it. Now fly home, purple hero!

A milti breath and melee attack system would also be included in the game.

great topic :0!
hmm I don't have any ideas atm xD,but might think of some later and post smilie
I really like the Metalhead re-vamp! smilie
Apoc Gold Sparx Gems: 2941
#3 Posted: 22:08:01 23/03/2010
tl,dr
---
DarkSpyro's resident "cool person" except there's nothing cool about me.
I've been here since god knows when and ask any old heads about me.
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#4 Posted: 23:17:18 23/03/2010
I would re-vamp the boss battles of Spyro the Dragon. The bosses in the first game were very weak and required no strategy to defeat them; Gnasty Gnorc for example, was just a boring chase.

I would scrap the chase and have a proper battle instead. I don't know exactly what the battle would be like but I would want it to be challenging and to require a strategy to defeat them.

That's all I can think of right now.

(You might want to paragraph your idea, it would make it easier for others to read.)
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#5 Posted: 23:45:06 23/03/2010
Honestly, the only thing I'd love to see done to the classics (Insomniac especially) is a graphical upgrade. Get some folks from Insomniac (or, better still, some of the artists who worked on the original trilogy) to update some of their character designs and just fancy up the graphics. They could leave everything else the same and I'd be happy. Basically, it'd be like the good old days when Nintendo would re-release some of their older games from the NES for the SNES with updated graphics (NES Mario became Super Mario All-Stars).

Or they could do like what was done with Mario recently (I looooove New Super Mario Bros. Wii; it's the Mario game you played in your imagination when you were eight smilie). They could take the basic heart of the Insomniac games, keep the old characters, level ideas and world setting and stories, spiff up the graphics, and just add a little more to the stories (all that would take is a bit of fleshing out of the older cutscenes). That would be a lot of fun for a giant nerd like me.
#6 Posted: 00:49:09 24/03/2010 | Topic Creator
Sounds good Razz.

@APOC please read it! It's quite good if I do say so myself.
---
#7 Posted: 00:59:16 24/03/2010
Read it. It was pretty good I like the use of a moshpit.

The music would have to be changed to better suit the "hardcore" metal theme of the level.

If you can make this level I can provide a good soundtrack
---
#8 Posted: 07:24:36 24/03/2010
Noooooo! It's not Insomniac Spyro without Stewart Copeland. If the music had to be changed, they'd need to bring him back. He does have experience performing on stage, after all. smilie
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#9 Posted: 08:51:04 24/03/2010
Bring back Ember and Flame! smilie smilie
#10 Posted: 11:25:26 24/03/2010 | Topic Creator
^Yeah!

Can Stewart do metal, Razz?

Also I'd like to hear that track Apoc.
---
#11 Posted: 11:42:00 24/03/2010
I'm not sure. I never really looked up his non-Spyro music, but I've heard The Police in my day. They're a pretty cool band from what I recall.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#12 Posted: 15:33:38 24/03/2010
Well, if they had to revamp the music, he'd probably be able to use less synthesizers and more actual rock instruments. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#13 Posted: 22:27:53 24/03/2010 | Topic Creator
yeah... or they could just get someone new for that one song and keep Stewart's originals for the rest.
---
#14 Posted: 02:03:19 25/03/2010
Well, take a song like Buzz's Dungeon, which sounds like heavily synthesized orchestral music. Why not get a real orchestra for the track and use some vintage synthesizers for certain "electronic" sounding parts of the piece. <.<;
---
#15 Posted: 02:19:45 25/03/2010

Also I'd like to hear that track Apoc.

Well, what kind of metal do you want? Drone metal, death metal, thrash metal, power metal, shoegaze? Name it and I can get it
---
#16 Posted: 04:20:46 25/03/2010
Now that would be awesome, HIR. Instead of composing new music for this re-vamp, they could just get folks to perform it live.
#17 Posted: 13:15:55 25/03/2010
But then you'll need some decent recording equipment
---
Whitedragon Ripto Gems: 963
#18 Posted: 14:27:56 25/03/2010
Intresting! I was a level based on dominos.
#19 Posted: 18:20:48 25/03/2010
Quote: Apoc

Uh, with the technology available for the current generation of consoles, it shouldn't be that hard. <.<;
---
#20 Posted: 18:23:59 25/03/2010
Quote: HIR
Quote: Apoc

Uh, with the technology available for the current generation of consoles, it shouldn't be that hard. <.<;

Quality
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#21 Posted: 18:38:33 25/03/2010
I like the idea of HD graphixs and a remix of the original soundtrack
#22 Posted: 20:19:53 25/03/2010
Does sound good
---
#23 Posted: 01:38:33 26/03/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Whitedragon
Intresting! I was a level based on dominos.

Can you elaborate on that at all? Not as much a I did if you don't want to, but at least a bit more.
---
Whitedragon Ripto Gems: 963
#24 Posted: 15:20:21 26/03/2010
Maybe a big line of enemies, you take a few hits of your horns to knock the first one down, and then they all fall down... They are some tranpolines under them though, so you will have to destory the tranpolines, the enemies will fall off, then backwards, continuning the dominos.
#25 Posted: 15:01:55 27/03/2010 | Topic Creator
neat.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me