Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > MegaMan ZX Destiny: Gravitational Rift
Page 1 of 1
MegaMan ZX Destiny: Gravitational Rift [CLOSED]
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#1 Posted: 19:08:39 19/03/2010 | Topic Creator
Hey guys! Anywho, this is an, uh, 'abridged' version of a fanfiction I shall write on FanFiction.Net and DeviantArt. That said, when I finally write the 'real' version, I don't think this'll be, um, as good... smilie But this is just a test-run. Anyways, this particular story is about my fan character Sora the Reploid and Biometal Model G (Gravity). Here's the summary:

Quote:
She never wanted to be a MegaMan. Nor did she want to be a heroine. But fate had another plans... Now she must embrace her new life...as the Gravity MegaMan.

Anybody think it sounds interesting? I even have a theme song for it! It's from Sonic the Hedgehog though... smilie If anyone wants to hear it, here:

#2 Posted: 18:02:02 20/03/2010 | Topic Creator
Anyone? smilie Well, here's the first chapter....

Chapter 1: At Death's Doorstep.

Kaboom...

The sound repeated itself over and over, and the Human girl felt as if she would lose her hearing. She was unable to move and she was bleeding heavily. She was barely conscious, holding on to what small shred of life was left within her banged up body.

She felt someone picking her up... It was all a blur. They were taking her somewhere...or was that just her imagination?? The time melted away too fast, yet it also seemed to go on forever.

Would she live? Or would she die??

She didn't know where she was now, but she could feel cold metal being 'grafted' into her. She was unable to open her eyes to see what was going on, but she was able to attempt half-hearted screams of pain.

A soft voice telling her to be quiet.

More pieces of metal.

Complete darkness...

The Human woman stared at the now unconscious girl, who now had various robotic parts through-out her bloody body. "She won't make it..." the doctor said sadly, "All because of me...and my stupid experiments!!" She fell to her knees and screamed in both rage and hysteria.

After a few long and painful minutes, the woman suddenly looked upward. "Wait..." she began, "There is still time..." She looked at a half-finished Reploid in a stasis capsule. Her silvery eyes widened and she said, "If I am correct... I can take her conscious...and place it in another body..."

Note: Well? Is it worth continuing? Also, this chapter is um...a lot longer and...bloodier in the real version.... smilie I cut out a lot of that stuff...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:34:52 23/03/2010 by IsisStormDragon
pony_girl24 Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#3 Posted: 00:40:03 21/03/2010
cool!
#4 Posted: 02:02:17 21/03/2010 | Topic Creator
Thank you! smilie

Anyways, 'cause I'm bored. smilie

Chapter 2: Downloading...

There were just some things humans should not mess with.

The scientist had come to this conclusion as she frantically finished building the Reploid, the girl off to the side of maker and machine jerking her muscles every so often, but still not completely conscious.

The scientist looked up from the Reploid and out the cracked window, seeing the small black hole slowly dissipating into nothingness, carefully concealed within a flickering forcefield. The scientist gritted her teeth and turned attention back to the task at hand, ignoring her anger at herself as best she could...

She made that thing, thinking she could control its immense power...

She was wrong. Horribly wrong...

And now, the entire city had been destroyed, leaving only her and the girl, who had been crushed by a large machine being pulled into the black hole, and she survived that only to be caught near an explosion from a metal canister filled with some flammable fluid. How the heck she managed to live after that, the scientist had no clue.

And to think, none of this would've happened, if she had just stopped trying to control something she knew deep down she couldn't...

The Reploid was now complete, except for one thing: It had no, for lack of a better word, conscious. That'd be fixed soon enough. If her crazy plan worked that is, which given her massive failure with the black hole, she had little faith it would.

But she had to try...

She attached some weird device to the girl's head, and put the Reploid back in its capsule, hooking it up to a device placed within the capsule, which was connected to the one on the girl's head. She then ran to a computer and entered in a command. She looked at both the girl and the Reploid, seeing the devices connecting their 'minds' glowing slightly.

Downloading 10%...

If this worked...

15%...

...she could at least right...

23%...

...one wrong...

28%...

But it wouldn't change...

36%...

...everything that happened...

47%...

Nothing could...

54%...

68%...

80%...

98%...

100%...

She could salvage the pieces...

The girl's body fell limp, and the Reploid was released. She opened her jade green eyes and stared at the scientist in surprise.

"What have you done to me?!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:42:00 22/03/2010 by IsisStormDragon
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#5 Posted: 22:05:48 22/03/2010
Cool story. smilie
#6 Posted: 22:49:15 22/03/2010 | Topic Creator
Thank you so much!
#7 Posted: 01:58:05 23/03/2010
No problem.
Cynder 19000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1822
#8 Posted: 20:11:55 28/03/2010
Awsome.
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
#9 Posted: 20:16:52 28/03/2010 | Topic Creator
Thank you! smilie
#10 Posted: 20:18:33 28/03/2010
No problem.smilie
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
#11 Posted: 21:36:14 30/03/2010 | Topic Creator
Well, here's the next chapter. Also, I'm terrible at describing characters, so help would be appreciated.

Chapter 3: Humanity and Machinery.

The Reploid girl stared at the scientist, who remained quiet. "Well, are you going to answer?!" she snapped, moving closer. Her hair was now pitch-black, with bright blue streaks. She was wearing a purple shirt and gray capri pants, while silver and white armour covered her feet as shoes. The triangle birthmark was on her head, and she did not like it one bit.

The Human raised her head and blinked her silver eyes. "It is a long story..." she said, straightening her lab coat and then her purple hair. The girl walked closer, gritting her teeth. "Then. Tell. Me." she demanded.

"You were hurt too badly. I had to put you in this body to save you..."

"You WHAT?!"

"There was no other way."

The Reploid's eyes narrowed. "Maybe you should have let me die then..." she growled, "It would be better than losing my Humanity..." The scientist shook her head. "You are still alive, dear child," she replied, "You still have your soul. Flesh and blood mean nothing if you do not have your soul, for that is what makes you truly alive. Though your body is now metallic and run by a power core instead of a heart, you are still Human on the inside..."

"I don't understand..."

"Do you know what a soul is?"

"...The life inside of us, right?"

The scientist cocked her head. "That's one way of putting it," she said, "A soul is the 'life' trapped within our flesh and blood bodies... The soul is the real life, because it can believe in something greater than itself. Therefore, you are still alive, because your soul resides in this body. The body is merely a container. It matters not what that container is..."

The Reploid tried to grasp what the Human was saying. Sensing her confusion, the scientist said, "You will understand one day. Now, I am Lucinda Velvet. Do you remember your name?" The Reploid thought long and hard, before answering, "...Sora."

"Well then, welcome to my lab, Sora."

Note: Do you think I need to edit this for any content? I toned down the 'talk' about the 'soul', but I'm unsure if what I said is appropriate on here...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:37:07 13/05/2010 by IsisStormDragon
#12 Posted: 21:17:50 31/03/2010
I think the soul thing was fine.

Also great chapter.
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
#13 Posted: 21:34:50 31/03/2010 | Topic Creator
Thanks very much. smilie Glad you liked it.
darkfurydragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3312
#14 Posted: 03:03:40 01/04/2010
Good smilie.
#15 Posted: 18:31:33 01/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Why thank you good sir. smilie *sips fruit punch while pretending it's tea*
#16 Posted: 20:42:13 01/04/2010
WTH Isis?!smilie
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
#17 Posted: 20:52:50 01/04/2010 | Topic Creator
I don't like tea.
#18 Posted: 02:31:01 02/04/2010
Good job. smilie
#19 Posted: 02:32:40 02/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Thank you! smilie *gives you virtual cookie*
#20 Posted: 21:05:12 07/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Here's a little quickie.

Chapter 4: Orion.

Lucinda led Sora through every nook and cranny that remained of her lab. Sora caught a glimpse of the black hole outside a window, having grown even smaller. "Is that what killed everyone?" she asked. Lucinda looked down steadily. "Yes..." she answered. The look in her eyes suggested she did not want to discuss it further. So Sora didn't say anything else about it.

They walked into one room that had a cryogenic capsule. It held a male Reploid with deep blue hair. He was wearing a lilac shirt and white pants, and his feet were covered in deep blue armour for shoes. His 'skin' appeared deathly pale, and Sora couldn't help but feel wary of him. "Who is that?" she asked. "That is Orion..." Lucinda answered, looking uncomfortable herself.

"Is something wrong?"

"He's...an odd one, for lack of better word."

She then typed something on the nearby computer, and the capsule opened, releasing Orion. He stood up and opened his crimson eyes, directing them at Lucinda. "Why hello Lucy..." he said with an eerie voice, "I trust you've been well? You know, after you reprogrammed me? Am I better now?" Lucinda backed off only slightly.

"I thought not. How sad."

Sora didn't know why, but there was something in his eyes that wasn't right...

Note: What do you think?
#21 Posted: 01:51:58 20/05/2010 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I'm bumping this.

Chapter 5: Metallic Soul -Biometal.

Orion had said nothing to either Sora or Lucinda, preferring to whisper to himself. Sora tried to make out what he was saying, but all she ever managed to hear was one word:

Time.

Sora had no clue what that could possibly mean, but she decided to just shrug it off. She was getting paranoid. Besides, if something really was wrong with Orion, Lucinda could handle it...right?

Lucinda had finally led them to a small room, and casually walked to some metal container. Orion just stood there, and Sora decided to do the same, figuring Lucinda didn't want anyone looking over her shoulder.

Eventually Lucinda pulled out a gray and dark blue piece of metal, its red eyes glowing. "Biometal... Model... Time..." Orion said slowly, as recognition clicked in his mind. The Biometal then floated above its creator and stayed put, while Lucinda pulled out a silvery and pale blue Biometal, whose green eyes suddenly glowed.

"Biometal Model Gravity." Orion said plainly, his voice not as mesmerized as before. Model Time suddenly flew to him, and Sora thought it looked like a clock with the little black markings she could see and its overall shape. "Orion." Model Time suddenly spoke, its voice clearly male and a little raspy.

"Why hello Model T!"

"You do concern me sometimes, Orion..."

"Heh."

Model Gravity randomly decided to fly to Sora, squealing in a definite girl's voice, "Hi there!!" Sora had to cover her ears, the metallic voice being so shrill. Once she recovered, she examined the Biometal further. Her very design screamed gravity with her shape and colours.

"Oh, did I hurt your ears...?" Model Gravity suddenly asked, the glee gone. "Yes..." Sora replied.

"I'm sorry... I was just excited..."

"It's fine."

"Really?!"

"...Really."

With that, Model Gravity got closer to Sora and nudged her, giggling. "You seem very nice!" she cried gleefully, "What's your name?" Sora grinned slightly and replied, "Sora."

"That means Sky I believe... Anyways, just call me Model G, please."

"Sure thing."

Sora didn't know why, but Model G seemed to be a piece of talking metal that she could learn to like.

Note: Yeah...
#22 Posted: 23:37:54 08/06/2010 | Topic Creator
*breaks down into maniacal fits of laughter* Also, I'm using unofficial dates, because I can't find anything better... If anyone can help me with the dates, please do so.

Chapter 6: The Flow of Time.

"Sora..." Lucinda said quietly, "We all have a purpose... I know that through this...tribulation, God will use you for something wonderful."

NAME: SORA.
DATE OF ACTIVATION: 25X.

Orion laughed maniacally, before walking from the female Reploid sealed within the cryogenic capsule. Lucinda told him to consider her his sister... Bah! She was a weakling Human... Not a true Reploid. He didn't give a dang about her. End of story.

'25X, eh?

Oh, how time flies! To be thrust into the 26th century so quickly...'
Orion allowed a demonic grin creep upon his face.

Lucinda was dead...

Nothing could stop him...

Orion cackled madly, and walked out of the room, Model T in his hand. "MegaMerge!" he cried. "Biolink Established! M.E.G.A System, Online!" Orion was enveloped in a bright flash of light. When it was over, he was now in gray and dark blue armour, with a reddish cape. His helmet vaguely resembled the hour hand from a clock, and he held a silver scythe in his hand.

With that, the Time MegaMan ran out of the abandoned lab.

Shortly after he left, the freezing liquid keeping Sora asleep began to drain from the capsule, and she was released from it, unconscious. Model G's systems booted back up, and she looked to see the Reploid on the ground. She then examined the area further, searching for Model T's frequency. If a Biometal's eyes could widen, hers would have done just that.

"Oh... CRUD!! DANG YOU ORION!!!"

The shrill scream was enough to wake Sora up. "Erm, what?" she inquired, before noticing how dusty the lab was, "W-what happened here?! Where's Lucinda?! And Orion?!" Model G flew to her. "Sora... It's 26X now..."

"You mean I've been in that stupid capsule long enough to reach the next century?!"

"Unfortunately, yes... Something must have happened to Lucinda..."

Sora froze when she heard the scientist's name. Lucinda was dead now... Sora then felt something going down her cheeks, and she brought her hand up to feel...tears.

Reploids could cry?

Note: *continues screaming desperately* SOMEBODY!!!
#23 Posted: 21:56:13 07/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Okay, I am DEAD SERIOUS. Is ANYONE reading this?
Fayveer09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9223
#24 Posted: 00:54:56 09/11/2010
...I'm reading it... And I like it. smilie
#25 Posted: 01:08:00 09/11/2010 | Topic Creator
OMIGOSH A READER AT LONG LAST.

smilie Thank you.
#26 Posted: 02:05:20 09/11/2010
No problem... :3

So, I'll just be waiting for whenever you can post another chapter. Take all the time you need to come up with the next chapter.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:28:08 12/11/2010 by Fayveer09
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#27 Posted: 20:00:50 12/11/2010
awesome work isis!
---
Cool cool.
#28 Posted: 02:03:22 13/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Thanks. :3 Also, I used the Japanese term for MegaMerge in my chapter title for fun. Plus, it kinda fits this chapter in a way... smilie

Chapter 7: Rock On!! MegaMerge!!!

Model G stared at Sora as she cried until her synthetic eyes went dry. "Sora!" the Biometal shrieked with her metallic voice, "P-please..." Sora glared at her. "Just shut up!" she snapped, "Go away!"

"Sora... Lucinda wouldn't want to see you like this..."

Sora was quiet, choosing to look around the lab again. Model G said nothing as her Biomatch walked towards the window. "Before I met Lucinda, no one loved or even cared about me..." Sora started, "I was just the annoying orphan whose existence was ignored... This isn't something I can get over easily..."

"I understand..." Model G conceded, "But please, lighten up okay?" Sora nodded. "Okay... I'll try..." she replied, "Now...we probably can't stay here... We should get going." The look in her eyes told Model G what she wanted to do. The Biometal then flew over to Sora, and said Reploid grabbed her, letting out a shout:

"MEGAMERGE!!!"

"Biolink established! M.E.G.A System, ONLINE!!!"

Sora was then caught up in a bright light as Model G merged with her. Silvery white and pale blue armour surrounded Sora. It wasn't bulky in any way; it was very smooth and flexible. A green jewel rested within the front of her helmet, and green circles rested in the palms of her gloves and the bottom of her boots.

Sora grinned and flexed her fingers. The feeling of Biometal energy surging throughout one's body...it was surreal. It made one feel invincible, made one feel like they could take on the world. But this power also brought back memories of the pain endured to obtain it... For a MegaMan was ALWAYS hurt in some way by unimaginable disasters.

They were always the lone survivors of these horrible events.

Sora had to admit one thing...

She both loved and hated being a MegaMan.

Sora then walked out of the room and through the remains of the lab. She was surprised at how much of it survived the harsh years, and how every bit that had survived was still fully functional. As she walked, she could hear the howling of the wind outside. "Hmm... There must be some wind outside..." she said, trying to open the door. It was jammed.

"Hey Sora, now might be a good time to get yourself familiarized with my functions again," Model G spoke up within Sora's mind, "You remember how to access the gravity manipulation, right?" Sora nodded readily. "It's through the orbs, right? And I just focus some energy into them?"

"Bingo! Now, you remember how to grab something?"

"Erm...only vaguely..."

"Focus the energy within the orbs towards the door, and make slight gripping motions."

Sora obeyed and focused Biometal energy into the orbs. They glowed as she raised her hands, and she moved her fingers in such a way that one would think she was gripping something.

"Pull back..."

She did so, and the door began to be pulled from its foundation. Some chilling wind and snow began to seep through as she did this, showing there was a storm going on outside. Eventually, the door was ripped out and thrown off to the side.

Turns out storm was an understatement, as Sora was hit with the full force of a blizzard.

"OW!!!"

"Aiyeh...."

Note: *shrugs*
#29 Posted: 12:20:39 14/11/2010
a blizzard? oh crap!
---
Cool cool.
#30 Posted: 03:40:08 15/11/2010 | Topic Creator
My thoughts exactly.
#31 Posted: 21:57:00 17/11/2010
yes they are
---
Cool cool.
#32 Posted: 03:55:49 10/12/2010
Very nice chapter, Isis. :3

Also, I like the fact that you use proper capitalization, proper grammar, and such in your stories. All of those things make it much easier for me to read it. The storylines and writing style in your fanfictions really keep me interested in your stories. Keep up the good work, Isis. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:59:35 10/12/2010 by Fayveer09
#33 Posted: 04:04:38 10/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Thank you very much! I do the best I can. smilie
#34 Posted: 18:19:30 26/12/2010
Well, keep doing the best you can. smilie
#35 Posted: 23:38:48 22/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Well, I'm bored so....

Chapter 8: I'm the Frozen One.

"Argh..." Sora groaned as she struggled against the powerful wind, "If I were still Human, I'd be an icicle by now..." She wrapped her arms around herself and rubbed her arms, trying to get some warmth to her freezing joints.

"If anyone tried to lick or kiss you, they'd get stuck!" Model G blurted out, making Sora stop for a moment. "The heck?" she managed.

"Your metal body is so cold!"

"...Who in their right mind would lick a Reploid? I can understand kissing, but LICKING?!"

"I dunno. Stupid people, maybe."

"Obviously."

Sora then continued on her not-so-merry way, blasting a random Mechaniloid to kingdom come as it approached her. "I hope there's a city nearby..." she complained, "Honestly... I don't know much farther I can...huh? Oh great..."

A Mechaniloid, far larger than the last few, and clearly more deadly appeared in front of her.

"...Why me...?"

It readied its missiles.

"Well...I'll play with you, I guess."

Sora screamed and jumped out of the way of the missiles, activating her powers to slam the Mechaniloid with a large rock. It responded by firing more missiles. She managed to dodge most of them, but one hit her and caused her to crash into the ground. "Hey!" she growled, "No fair!" She then aimed the orbs at the Mechaniloid, attempting to lift it and slam it into the ground and destroy it.

"Sora...you're not strong enough for it!"

"I can do it!"

Turns out, both were right. Sora was able to lift and slam the Mechaniloid, but it rendered her powers inactive and she was severely weakened, whereas the Mechaniloid was still functioning. It then reached for her, and she screamed and tried to escape, but tripped in the snow and it grabbed her, crushing her. "Ahh!" she cried, as sparks flew from her mechanical body, "N-no...it can't end like this..." Her vision was becoming blurry as the metal began to break from the pressure, and pain overtook her.

This was all too familiar.

A broken body...

The Reploid let out one final scream, spitting out a lot of artificial blood, before falling limp in the Mechaniloid's hands. Deciding its target was gone, it threw her body off into the snow, sparking and bleeding, but still somehow alive. The Mechaniloid too no notice and went back to whatever it was guarding.

"Sora...I'm so sorry..."

Her blood was becoming frozen and sticking to her artificial skin, as she heaved and struggled to fight the pain and chilling wind. "I...I..." Sora started as she felt herself drift again, "Was I...a mistake....?"

Someone was coming, but she barely felt their presence before she blacked out.
#36 Posted: 19:20:47 25/04/2011
still awesome work!
---
Cool cool.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me