First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
What DO You Know About The Next Game [CLOSED]
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#101 Posted: 17:34:26 28/03/2010
What do I know about the new game? Nothing, couldn't care less really smilie. what I want to know is who is developing / producing it. Once i know then I'll give a crap.

The only thing I know is rumors and supposedly a LOS Movie, which is pointless to me as Dragons came out two days ago and another indie film called Dragon: Destiny of Fire came out three years ago, which really looks close to TLOS... except it looks really, really, horrible T~T!
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:41:19 28/03/2010 by Zackeio
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#102 Posted: 17:53:29 28/03/2010
And an TLOS movie doesn't sound horrible? The next game is being made by Activision.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#103 Posted: 21:55:18 28/03/2010
It's not being made by Activision, SpyroLUVA. Activision is now Spyro's publisher, and the game developer to make the game is still unknown.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:10 28/03/2010 by Aura24
#104 Posted: 22:45:43 28/03/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
And an TLOS movie doesn't sound horrible? The next game is being made by Activision.

Point taken, when I think about it TLOS should have been a movie from the get-go not a tirade of video game series... Probably wouldn't have hated it as much, but I feel like the same plot holes would have surfaced either way smilie

Quote: Aura24
It's not being made by Activision. Activision is now Spyro's publisher, and the game developer to make the game is still unknown.

I guess that's somewhat good... Still Activision can make a Spyro game if they want to, Nintendo does it all the time for their games. Still without a sound note on who is developing it... it looks like we're just going to have to sit and wait.
---
My Gallery
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:52:38 28/03/2010 by Zackeio
#105 Posted: 23:49:18 28/03/2010
It's not being made by Activision, SpyroLUVA. Activision is now Spyro's publisher, and the game developer to make the game is still unknown.

Oh right.

TLOS would have been great if it weren't a Spyro game. I certainly wouldn't be so indignant over the series if it weren't a mess someone made trying to revamp the Spyro franchise. It may have even been one of my favorite game trilogies. I used to think it was worth any change to keep having Spyro games, but now I'm not so sure...
---
dragon master Yellow Sparx Gems: 1977
#106 Posted: 00:43:21 29/03/2010
I hope there is another game
---
Juggalo4Life
#107 Posted: 00:48:09 29/03/2010
There IS another game being made, dragon master. We just don't know what series it will be in: LoS or Old.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#108 Posted: 01:43:08 29/03/2010
There IS another game being made, dragon master. We just don't know what series it will be in: LoS or Old.

And we don't know about the "game being made" part yet. Once I see a teaser or a leaked image or something then I'll know for sure. Everything up to this point is baseless speculation. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#109 Posted: 01:52:40 29/03/2010

Oh right.

TLOS would have been great if it weren't a Spyro game. I certainly wouldn't be so indignant over the series if it weren't a mess someone made trying to revamp the Spyro franchise. It may have even been one of my favorite game trilogies. I used to think it was worth any change to keep having Spyro games, but now I'm not so sure...

No offense, but I never understood the 'It woulda been better if it wasn't *insert franchise here*' logic. It really wouldn't have changed anything. We'd still have a 'mopey' Dragon hero and a 'Mary Sue' love interest, and all those crazy plot holes which have been blown out of proportion.

Besides, if it was a whole new franchise, it'd probably be branded a Spyro rip-off with a darker atmosphere. smilie

OH HECK! Let's reboot the Spyro series again, make Spyro able to hold a gun, and have a zombie apocalypse. That'll make the 'zombiez r kewl!' people play it, becomes everyone knows zombie apocalypses are what every successful franchise is doing now. smilie

*braces for flames*
Apoc Gold Sparx Gems: 2941
#110 Posted: 14:14:54 29/03/2010
Zombies rule!
---
DarkSpyro's resident "cool person" except there's nothing cool about me.
I've been here since god knows when and ask any old heads about me.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#111 Posted: 14:59:25 29/03/2010
Mary Sue???? What's that supposed to mean exactly? LOL.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#112 Posted: 20:23:35 29/03/2010
Quote: IsisStormDragon

Oh right.

No offense, but I never understood the 'It woulda been better if it wasn't *insert franchise here*' logic. It really wouldn't have changed anything. We'd still have a 'mopey' Dragon hero and a 'Mary Sue' love interest, and all those crazy plot holes which have been blown out of proportion.

Besides, if it was a whole new franchise, it'd probably be branded a Spyro rip-off with a darker atmosphere. smilie

OH HECK! Let's reboot the Spyro series again, make Spyro able to hold a gun, and have a zombie apocalypse. That'll make the 'zombiez r kewl!' people play it, becomes everyone knows zombie apocalypses are what every successful franchise is doing now. smilie

*braces for flames*

I see what you're saying, but many people who get so riled over severe changes in a franchise feel so because thier favorite series/character(s) are in what they call a horrible state. Yes LOS would still be dark, cleche, and the characters wouldn't be great, but a big reason why I flame LOS like I do is because when I was young Spyro was like my friend. He posessed qualities like bravery, helpfulness, confidence and friendliness and I grew up wanting to emulate those qualities. As much as I still adore the classic Spyro and admire the character, I have outgrown the whole "he's my friend" mentality I had when I was little. Nevertheless it makes me feel indignant and unhappy that my "little buddy" as I knew him is no more. Not only that but they made him mopey, bland, uninspired, wimpy despite his incredible power, and put him in a world and story which is equally uninspired. LOS has many downfalls, it's true, but it did have its good points, and as I've said time and time again it had potential. I was even willing to let go of the old Spyro back before LOS was destroyed, but after DotD I just can't see a Spyro/Spyro game I can really love in the LOS universe. Period. Thus, they should either go back to the old style, or reboot it again and improve upon all the downfalls of his current personality, or totally reinvent it.
---
#113 Posted: 20:45:34 29/03/2010
I can see your point, but I don't think one game is enough to ruin LOS. There's still a chance for improvement. An example would be Stargate Universe. I'm feeling the same way about it as you do about LOS. It's not the Stargate I grew up with, BUT, one terrible season isn't enough for me to start complaining 'They KILLED Stargate! END IT!' I'm still going to give it another chance.

The point I'm trying to make is give LOS at least one more chance before spewing out all this rage ( yes, I'm calling it that). It seems to me only ONE game was really horrible to you, and now you hate the entire thing, which makes zero sense. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I'm seeing.
#114 Posted: 21:05:33 29/03/2010
I agree. SpyroLUVA, you now hate the LoS series all because of what happened in DotD, and you rant about only DotD "ruining" the entire series.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:10:59 29/03/2010 by Aura24
#115 Posted: 21:13:57 29/03/2010
Hold on here SpyroLuva... out of curiosity; are you saying that DOTD made you realize that LOS was bad from ANB to DOTD or are you saying that, because of DOTD, despite that if you like ANB and or TEN, you dislike the LOS series?
---
My Gallery
#116 Posted: 21:18:53 29/03/2010
YOU RUINED SPYRO AND TURNED HIM INTO A MUSHY WIMP! YOU MADE SPYRO LOOK DEFOMED AND HIDEOUS! YOU MADE SXC FORCED AND TOO IMPORTANT TO THE STORY! YOU MADE CYNDER INTO A MARY SUE! SPYRO IS BEST AS A CHILD! YOU RUINED YOUR OWN TRILOGY WITH DAWN OF THE DRAGON!

I suppose so. From the looks of this post from this topic made by her, a message for the producers of the LoS series, SpyroLUVA says DotD ruined the whole trilogy. She was talking about the game, DotD, with Cynder as a mary-sue, spyro looking deformed by EL, and the SxC being too sudden.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:28:30 29/03/2010 by Aura24
#117 Posted: 21:34:30 29/03/2010
IF that's true, (I prefer SpyroLuva to tell me herself, no offense intended) then that's still fair. Apparently, and how I'm seeing it, SpyroLUVA is saying that because of the events that transpired in DOTD, it ruined her entire experience with the trilogy.

As an example: lets say your sucking on one of those two layer pieces of candy (Sour and sweet, the flavor is negligent at this point). Now you begin sucking on it, and your first experience could be enjoyable, but when you get to the sweet part, you realize that its too sweet and that ruins your entire experience with the piece of candy.

Because, these two stages make up the candy as a whole. Its the same with TLOS. ANB, TEN, and DOTD are all stages that make up TLOS as a whole. Because DOTD produces such a distasteful sensation to SpyroLUVA she ends up disliking the entire series as a whole.

Which is fair, again, because DOTD is part of TLOS. It just so happens that DOTD was so bad to SpyroLUVA that it overpowers ANB and TEN all together. Now it might be different if each game was different and on their own, but it seems that, that's not the case.

Anyway, I just wanted to know where SpyroLUVA stood, and that's how I'M seeing it.
---
My Gallery
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:36:47 29/03/2010 by Zackeio
#118 Posted: 21:48:07 29/03/2010
It is true, her post is in this topic somewhere.

Still, hating the entire series over some mistakes in DotD and ranting about it over and over is a bit too much. I understand that she hates DotD and the rest of the trilogy, but she doesn't have to repeat the same thing countless times.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:57:47 29/03/2010 by Aura24
#119 Posted: 21:49:56 29/03/2010
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Mary Sue???? What's that supposed to mean exactly? LOL.

Telltale signs of a Mary Sue include:
Character is written as a relation to some canon character, long lost cousin, sister, or fan-created child of said canon character(s), etc.
Fan uses a handle giving herself the surname of some canon character she likes
Character has same last name as canon character the fan likes, giving away a fan-created familial connection to a canon character.
Is written as sexually attractive or attracted to some canon character.
Eyes that change color, hair that takes more than five words to describe.
Speshul magik powers (even in fanons or games where magic doesn’t exist).
Gigantic angel/devil/demon/dragon wings.
Ability to master anything with ease.
Common names with unusual spellings (i.e. Faery, Ravyn, Jennifyr, Aeris, Elizabetteth Honey Moon)
Names that are overused or meant to describe an appearance or object in connection with the character - Raven, Ebony, Luna, Anya, Mia or Mia Mya, Canina, Felina.
Names with 'k's and 'y's stuck in odd places.
Names that are a combination of the above characteristics - Sylke, Kat.
Cute baby version of an imaginary creature for a pet (baby ancient dragon, baby griffon, baby unicorn, baby great Cthulhu, baby goatse)
The ability to make male canon (and original) characters fall instantly in love with them. Or, failing that, just simply having the author play god to force the story to bend for them.
Sparkles where there shouldn't be sparkles.
---
#120 Posted: 22:03:34 29/03/2010
Still, hating the entire series over some mistakes in DotD and ranting about it over and over is a bit too much. I understand that she hates DotD and the rest of the trilogy, but she doesn't have to repeat the same thing countless times.

. . . She can be a bit 'trigger happy' if you will smilie. But this is something that she needs to address to herself smilie. No one can wave a magic wand and it will all be fixed. Don't forget, she does state that you can ignore her countless rambling, if you will. No one is forcing you or anyone else to read / respond to her post. smilie

. . . Sometimes being over zealous and or over dutiful can be the same as rage and or wrath. I don't know why she feels the need to restate her opinion, but as of now, it doesn't seem to provoke enough of a response for a punishment or proper retaliation.

All in all, we all stand in different areas from each other, no sense trying to force anyone to stand by you, me, or anyone else. Let them grow and mature on their own, if they ask for help then help them, if not then let them be.

Again, that's just how I see it smilie.
---
My Gallery
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:06:40 29/03/2010 by Zackeio
#121 Posted: 00:16:02 30/03/2010
I suppose you could say it's a bit of both. The horridness of DotD made me look back at ANB and TEN more critically, and DotD makes it hard to be hopeful for LOS's furture.

At any rate, I think I mispoke. That's all.

However, Razz makes a good point that DotD did almost cancel out the good in the other two games. Yeah, I liked ANB and TEN, but after DotD I just don't feel like playing the games or having anything to do with them in terms of AMVs which I used to enjoy making, fanart I contemplated putting online, etc. Never the less, I remember enjoying the different style and thinking big Cynder was cool. Though what good are the things I enjoyed about the trilogy if my experience with it, though not in its entirety, has been terribly marred by DotD?

Hope that clears things up. Also thanks to Zackieo for allowing me to speak for myself, rather than just pouncing on me with false assumptions. Also I agree Zackieo, it is both wrong and impossible to force people to behave the way you want them to.

Aura, yes, I DO repeat myself and I do speak without thought to consequece. Maybe it's not true all the time, but I mostly say my opinions where they are asked for or where they apply, such as topics asking what i want in the next game, asking which era I enjoyed best, etc. But I wish you to realize that the way I and countless others behave and speak online is NOT how we are in person. I AM capable of calm polite conversation and other pleasant interactions.

I also wish all who read this to realize that EVERYONE hat flaws. Some are shown online, others in person, some exsist either way. Some flaws are shameful, but many more are part of what make us who we are.

Anyway, sry if I seemed to bear ill will to anyone in particular. I assure you this is not the case.

P.S. About that post written in all caps, though the words express my feelings, the caps lock used to express anger was something of a joke. Like I was shouting at an evesdropper who thought they were inconspicuous, get it?

Edit: I keep mistaking Zackio for Razz due to the similar avvies and sensibleness >.>
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 00:37:41 30/03/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#122 Posted: 00:17:20 30/03/2010
I liked TEN more than the other LOS games
---
#123 Posted: 00:31:12 30/03/2010
I suppose you could say it's a bit of both. The horridness of DotD made me look back at ANB and TEN more critically, and DotD makes it hard to be hopeful for LOS's furture.

At any rate, I think I mispoke. That's all.

However, Razz makes a good point that DotD did almost cancel out the good in the other two games. Yeah, I liked ANB and TEN, but after DotD I just don't feel like playing the games or having anything to do with them in terms of AMVs which I used to enjoy making, fanart I contemplated putting online, etc. Never the less, I remember enjoying the different style and thinking big Cynder was cool. Though what good are the things I enjoyed about the trilogy if my experience with it, though not in its entirety, has been terribly marred by DotD?

I see, so in truth DOTD did make you realize that something was amiss. Well, obviously some of you guys must have a larger tolerance than I do. I admit, I didn't like TLOS as soon as beat ANB, and I only continued to see if it would get better. Unfortunately it did not, through my experiences. It wasn't a total lost, but the majority of it just makes me... very annoyed.

I guess I should say what I did like about TLOS, or what it tried to do. I did like that they tried to take Spyro more seriously, I just disagree with Activision thinking that a reboot was required to do so. As of now that's the only reason why I can even consider liking TLOS.

. . . I think we all got off topic here smilie' .
---
My Gallery
#124 Posted: 00:36:36 30/03/2010
^yep. I edited that post by the way.
---
#125 Posted: 00:40:23 30/03/2010
Actually, Sierra was the one who did the idea of rebooting the Spyro franchise, Zackeio.
---
#126 Posted: 00:49:26 30/03/2010
^ smilie. . . *sigh and face palm*smilie darn it...

Oh well, I thought that since Sierra is apart of Activisoin it was also Acitivsion that gave the green light on it... Whatever, true or not that Sierra said a reboot was required, Sierra is part of Activision (if I'm not mistaken) so I guess I have some right to blame them smilie. And if that's not true... then I don't anything anymore smilie
---
My Gallery
#127 Posted: 00:54:47 30/03/2010
It's true, Sierra and Activision merged into Activision Blizzard. And Activision and Sierra both published DotD.
---
#128 Posted: 00:54:54 30/03/2010
I think that merger was recent Zackieo.
---
#129 Posted: 00:57:09 30/03/2010
Yeah, it happened sometime in the middle of 2008.
---
#130 Posted: 01:32:53 30/03/2010
Yes, it did.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#131 Posted: 02:27:33 30/03/2010
It's true, Sierra and Activision merged into Activision Blizzard. And Activision and Sierra both published DotD.

Uh, Vivendi Universal, which Sierra was a part of, merged with the already existing Activision Blizzard, which formed from the merger of game publisher Activision and developer Blizzard Entertainment.

DANG KIDS CAN'T GET THEIR FACTS STRAIGHT NOWADAYS. IN MY DAY, WE DIDN'T HAVE NONE OF THIS GOSH DARN INTERNET STUFF, WE HAD TO LEARN THINGS THE OLD FASHION WAY... WITH TEXTBOOKS, CHALK, BLACKBOARDS AND POINTLESS MEMORIZATION. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#132 Posted: 02:37:29 30/03/2010
Well, Vivendi owns Sierra, so it wouldn't make much of a difference anyways since Sierra is now owned by Activision.
---
Reecie-Peecie Green Sparx Gems: 309
#133 Posted: 05:22:14 30/03/2010 | Topic Creator
So Basically, its either going to be, a continue on from Dawn of the Dragon, or after A Hero's tale.
---
http://thespyroguru.webs.com/ * My Website! Please go on it! hahaha
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#134 Posted: 12:37:08 30/03/2010
Actually I think it would be after Shadow Legacy, Reecie-Peecie. :) SL is the handheld sequel to AHT. So... since SL is left with a cliff-hanger, yeah, it should be finished up in the next game.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#135 Posted: 16:00:39 30/03/2010
Since I've seen NEW_SpyroLUVA's opinion on TLOS, I think that it is fair that I should be able to post my own opinion on it aswell.

'A New Beginning' was average for me to play, some parts were interesting, some were boring and some were annoying!

'The Eternal Night' I hated the most, the developers' just throw lots of enemies expecting you to beat them, I could never beat this game, I think I got stuck on the 3rd or 4th level, it was far too ridiculos for me to play.

'Dawn Of The Dragon' I really loved the opening to the game and I enjoyed the first three levels, I didn't complain about it at all when I was playing it until I reached the Dragon City and that's when it went downhill from there really, there are one or two levels that are ok after that, but it was pretty much annoying towards the end, I thought that the ending scene didn't make much sense and all I said was "What?"

So, in the NEWWW one, I think the same engine from DOTD would be good, but just don't have so many enemies jumping all over you, give the players a chance to look around, there should always be different ways of doing things, you should get more hiding places from enemies instead of just being put in the middle of it all, swimming underwater would be great, flying EVERYWHERE would be awesome too.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:01:05 30/03/2010 by SuperSpyroFan
#136 Posted: 17:15:40 30/03/2010
I have an idea which I am sure they will not use, but meh...

What if the next game gave you the option to fight hordes of enemies, OR just play it like a normal platformer with little enemies?
#137 Posted: 17:26:07 30/03/2010
They said that TLOS was a triliogy, don't you think making a 4th game would kinda defeat the purpose?
---
#138 Posted: 17:31:41 30/03/2010
Well, they're probably not going to use the 'Legend' name. Therefore, a forth game is possible if they make it another 'series', if you get my meaning.
#139 Posted: 18:04:09 30/03/2010
I do, but if they name it "Legend" I will lodge a complaint
---
#140 Posted: 18:06:49 30/03/2010
I have to agree there. smilie They should NOT use 'Legend' again.
#141 Posted: 18:09:22 30/03/2010
But they must use the next game to fill in the blanks left behind by DOTD
---
#142 Posted: 18:12:19 30/03/2010
Naturally.
#143 Posted: 18:13:16 30/03/2010
Otherwise this whole "what is going to happen to SxC" conundrum can come to an end
---
#144 Posted: 18:16:48 30/03/2010
I actually don't mind the whole 'romance' between Spyro and Cynder, but I do think they need to -what's the word?- make it more believable. Granted, I saw it coming when I played TEN, but they didn't handle it well...
#145 Posted: 18:50:47 30/03/2010
Not just the romance, the next chapter in their story
---
#146 Posted: 18:51:17 30/03/2010
Oh, I see.
#147 Posted: 18:52:23 30/03/2010
As well as, what's gonna happen to the other characters? Who is going to take over from Ignitus?
---
#148 Posted: 18:53:15 30/03/2010
That is an excellent question. Perhaps there are more Dragons then were shown...
#149 Posted: 19:02:53 30/03/2010
Probably, I just want some fuggin' answers
---
#150 Posted: 19:07:59 30/03/2010
Same here. Also...

I REFUSE to believe Malefor is gone.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me