First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
What DO You Know About The Next Game [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#51 Posted: 18:29:11 24/03/2010
Yeah, but the Legend of Spyro is the name for the trilogy. And since the trilogy is over, they might just have "Spyro:" then the title that matches the plot of the game on the cover afterwards.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#52 Posted: 18:30:31 24/03/2010
For some reason, I think using 'chronicles' in the title would be interesting... smilie
#53 Posted: 18:32:27 24/03/2010
"The Chronicles of Spyro" or "Spyro Chronicles" smilie
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#54 Posted: 18:33:01 24/03/2010
Yeah... smilie
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#55 Posted: 18:42:31 24/03/2010
The Legend of Spyro is a waste of potential, I hated everything about it, the storyline sucks, it doesn't make any sense, it just randomly starts in A New Beginning, I mean, how could they re-boot the series? It's just silly, it messes everything up, I'll admit that I did enjoy playing 'A New Beginning' and 'Dawn of the Dragon' but it's just ridiculos really.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#56 Posted: 18:43:58 24/03/2010
And you're flaming the new series in a "The Legend of Spyro" topic.
---
#57 Posted: 18:49:59 24/03/2010
I was just expressing my opinion.
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#58 Posted: 20:20:45 24/03/2010
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
The Legend of Spyro is a waste of potential, I hated everything about it, the storyline sucks, it doesn't make any sense, it just randomly starts in A New Beginning, I mean, how could they re-boot the series? It's just silly, it messes everything up, I'll admit that I did enjoy playing 'A New Beginning' and 'Dawn of the Dragon' but it's just ridiculos really.

They re-booted the series because they knew that they're no good at making original Spyro games... So they should stop trying and make something else instead. The one thing that I don't understand are people that complain about the games is that if they had taken the gameplay, plot, voice actors ETC and then added different characters completely (nothing Spyro related) then it wouldn't have gotten such bad attention and reviews as it did. Its because they took the Spyro games and changed them that people hate it so much... If it was another series, people might not have hated it so much. But then again, not many people would have noticed it if it was anything other than Spyro...
#59 Posted: 20:32:31 24/03/2010
You can't expect a game franchise to stay the same for the rest of its years. I mean, look at the Donkey Kong franchise, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Crash, they changed throughout their years of activity.
---
#60 Posted: 20:46:50 24/03/2010
I bet the only reason why they changed is because of other companies picking it up and just thinking "Let's make this, they'll still buy it anyway" I don't think the developers really care anymore.
---
#61 Posted: 20:48:37 24/03/2010
But how do you know that? The producers of the LoS trilogy looked at our opinions and comments on the three games on the old Sierra forums, and they had actually talked to us and answered our questions about the trilogy. They might be watching and looking at our opinions right now as we speak.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#62 Posted: 22:21:30 24/03/2010
Quote: Aura24
You can't expect a game franchise to stay the same for the rest of its years. I mean, look at the Donkey Kong franchise, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Crash, they changed throughout their years of activity.

I don't think anyone is really averse to change. LOS was just too much of a change; what made Spyro Spyro was totall lost.

Also, if they really are reading, tlet's give them something to read!

YOU RUINED SPYRO AND TURNED HIM INTO A MUSHY WIMP! YOU MADE SPYRO LOOK DEFOMED AND HIDEOUS! YOU MADE SXC FORCED AND TOO IMPORTANT TO THE STORY! YOU MADE CYNDER INTO A MARY SUE! SPYRO IS BEST AS A CHILD! YOU RUINED YOUR OWN TRILOGY WITH DAWN OF THE DRAGON!
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#63 Posted: 22:27:00 24/03/2010
Like they would look at the opinions of a spyro fan who once enjoyed LoS then suddenly turned back and start hating on the series, over a little mistake.

Look, we're getting off-topic with this. Let's just say that both series, old AND new spyro, are good in their own way and get back on topic.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:36:29 24/03/2010 by Aura24
#64 Posted: 22:49:20 24/03/2010
Urgh, ok whatever, this is just a rant really, so anyway, I haven't heard of a new Spyro game coming out, only a movie and that's it.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#65 Posted: 23:25:41 24/03/2010
dawn of the dragon is my favorite spyro game of all time. I like LOS better than the original actually.

I can't wait to hear details for the new Spyro game. Hopefully it'll be good
Apoc Gold Sparx Gems: 2941
#66 Posted: 01:36:53 25/03/2010
Quote: IsisStormDragon
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
LOS is trash after DotD, throw it away!

My logic: Learn from mistakes and make it BETTER. Not trash something completely after a little slip-up.

But then again, that's just me. smilie

Makes more sense
---
DarkSpyro's resident "cool person" except there's nothing cool about me.
I've been here since god knows when and ask any old heads about me.
#67 Posted: 01:42:07 25/03/2010
It definitely does.
---
#68 Posted: 02:24:41 25/03/2010
Mary sues don't exist. It was a stupid excuse for an agruement please stop using it
---
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#69 Posted: 06:23:29 25/03/2010
yeah the people who keep saying it sucks all together just because of a couple of slip ups, dang just learn from the mistakes and make it better. And what Aura said is true they did ask us about what we wanted to see in the next game. Be thankful that they are at least in a way listening. They still cared, now that its activisions turn whos knows if we'll get that option. If you want something done right then quit bagging on it and do something about it. Go to E3 talk to activision and talk to the game developers themselves, and if you cant go ask a friend whos going to and ask then to help you out like im doing incase i cant go.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
#70 Posted: 18:26:55 25/03/2010
I agree, if you guys whine about wanting the old Spyro back, go to E3 and tell Activision you want him back (not that it will work anyways), instead of wasting your time repeating the same reason why you hate LoS over and over and over again.
---
#71 Posted: 18:36:06 25/03/2010
Because we're so damn sick of your whining
---
#72 Posted: 20:39:44 25/03/2010
I didn't even know that you were allowed to express your opinions to game developers, besides I would find it kind of embarrasing in a way, but I'm a shy person so I wouldn't really do anything like that, I'm sorry if I have been annoying in anyway to you guys by moaning all the time about TLOS, I'll give a nice point to it to make you all feel better and hopefully forgive me, at least the game developers tried something different for Spyro. : ) Once again I'm sorry for moaning too much.
---
#73 Posted: 21:18:13 25/03/2010
Don't worry, I can't be cruel
---
#74 Posted: 01:46:41 26/03/2010
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I didn't even know that you were allowed to express your opinions to game developers, besides I would find it kind of embarrasing in a way, but I'm a shy person so I wouldn't really do anything like that, I'm sorry if I have been annoying in anyway to you guys by moaning all the time about TLOS, I'll give a nice point to it to make you all feel better and hopefully forgive me, at least the game developers tried something different for Spyro. : ) Once again I'm sorry for moaning too much.

Dude, just say what you think! Don't be ashamed or embarrassed of your opinions. Maybe the makers will see your comments and fix the game accordingly, at least to an extent.
---
#75 Posted: 03:20:51 26/03/2010
They probably are fixing what went wrong in DotD. You should at least give them a chance instead of ranting and whining about the little mistakes in DotD like a child, SpyroLUVA.
---
K-Tech Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#76 Posted: 04:44:07 26/03/2010
^besides, they had 2 years to make a new game which usually has better quality and less slip ups, plus more time and not a big rush.
---
I'm k-tech... and I approve this message.
#77 Posted: 16:30:58 26/03/2010
Yeppers. smilie
#78 Posted: 20:11:06 26/03/2010
@NEW_SpyroLUVA:

I've always been shy and a little unsure of myself, I think it's just the way I am.
---
#79 Posted: 20:17:12 26/03/2010
If it comes out on the Wii I will get it
---
#80 Posted: 14:59:20 27/03/2010
They probably are fixing what went wrong in DotD. You should at least give them a chance instead of ranting and whining about the little mistakes in DotD like a child, SpyroLUVA.

Oh shut up. And for the record BIG plotholes means BIG mistakes. Crap characters = BIGER mistake. Forced love involving a mary sue = BIGGEST mistake. Glitches a nd graphical errors = Little mistake. Also I believe you were the one who suggested that they may be reading our comments, and if this may really be he case what's the harm in showing what they did wrong if there's a chance they might get the message and fix the problems?

@ SuperSpyroFan Fair enough.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:59:43 27/03/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#81 Posted: 16:37:35 27/03/2010
I just lost the game. ._.

But yeah, for all the hoorah they were giving DotD, it fell way below par.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#82 Posted: 16:55:27 27/03/2010

Oh shut up. And for the record BIG plotholes means BIG mistakes. Crap characters = BIGER mistake. Forced love involving a mary sue = BIGGEST mistake. Glitches a nd graphical errors = Little mistake. Also I believe you were the one who suggested that they may be reading our comments, and if this may really be he case what's the harm in showing what they did wrong if there's a chance they might get the message and fix the problems?

You're the one who needs to shut up. We got your message why you hate the LoS trilogy and suddenly turned back to the past, for the upteenth time. I didn't suggest that the producers will look our opinions. They DID look at our opinions and topics back in 2008, on this forums and the Sierra forums. Do you think ranting and whining all year long on the forums about a few mistakes from DotD will get their attention and make them change back to the old spyro that was dying after Insomniac left them?

As I recall SpyroLUVA, you were one of those many fans who wanted to play DotD so bad and supported the producers' decision on doing the game that was developed by EL. DotD was past 2008, it's time to let go of ranting about the mistakes that was made and move on, hoping the producers will fix the mistakes they made and make a game better than DotD.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:08:38 27/03/2010 by Aura24
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#83 Posted: 17:12:43 27/03/2010
Hey, hey, let's not forget the producers for Spyro have changed since DotD. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#84 Posted: 17:35:10 27/03/2010
I hope it's a little less Cliche in a few ways, and I hope they come with something rather unique.
#85 Posted: 17:37:39 27/03/2010

You're the one who needs to shut up. We got your message why you hate the LoS trilogy and suddenly turned back to the past, for the upteenth time. I didn't suggest that the producers will look our opinions. They DID look at our opinions and topics back in 2008, on this forums and the Sierra forums. Do you think ranting and whining all year long on the forums about a few mistakes from DotD will get their attention and make them change back to the old spyro that was dying after Insomniac left them?

As I recall SpyroLUVA, you were one of those many fans who wanted to play DotD so bad and supported the producers' decision on doing the game that was developed by EL. DotD was past 2008, it's time to let go of ranting about the mistakes that was made and move on, hoping the producers will fix the mistakes they made and make a game better than DotD.

No one's making you read my comments. As far as I'm concerned if my posts on my opinions of DotD are useless so are your posts asking me to stop posting my opinions.

Also, that was before I played the game at all. Yes I WAS excited about DotD. Key word: WAS. As I've said many times before, LOS had potential, and DotD killed that. See, when I play a game, especially a Spyro game, it takes a while for me to really consider the game enough to realize all the problems or all the good. That is uless the problems are obvious, such as poor designs, graphical errors, and the like. Thus my opinions of a game which come so early after playing are not necessarily my true, lasting opinions. And for the record I AM hoping they do something better than DotD. If I were hoping for something as "good" as DotD would I flame it constantly? Highly, highly doubtful.

Also, as the ever sensible HIR says:

Quote: HIR
Hey, hey, let's not forget the producers for Spyro have changed since DotD. <.<;
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:38:50 27/03/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#86 Posted: 19:03:46 27/03/2010
I'm ever sensible?

Hooray! That's a step up from "incoherent babbler!" ^__________________^
---
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#87 Posted: 20:53:40 27/03/2010
Quote: Wild
I hope it's a little less Cliche in a few ways, and I hope they come with something rather unique.

Like what?
#88 Posted: 21:04:32 27/03/2010
Like.... hmmm... Oh, I know, Spyro and Dark Spyro are separated by an evil curse and Spyro must chase down his dark half to prevent him from destroying the sun with the power of Convexity thus plunging the world into literal darkness.

*shot*
---
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#89 Posted: 21:08:35 27/03/2010
^ Didn't Fleetway do that with Sonic and Super Sonic in their comics? XD
#90 Posted: 21:14:45 27/03/2010
There's a Fleetway Sonic comic?! o.0;
---
#91 Posted: 23:06:29 27/03/2010
Wow.... XD

Yeah, and they did that with Sonic and Super Sonic. If I remember correctly, Vixen McCloud on NewGrounds and SmackJeeves did three or four flash movies on it.
#92 Posted: 01:02:13 28/03/2010
Whatever, I just made that up off the top of my head. I challenge the production team for Spyro to come up with something better. T_T
---
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#93 Posted: 01:07:29 28/03/2010
Take it easy guys, just drop it ok. Dang Spyro luva just drop it ok. I've seen so many spyro fans argue and pretty much complain about DOTD. The reason there are huge arguements is because someone always starts saying how it sucked so bad they, should stop making spyro games altogether. Listen fact is LOS had potential, and I see where they went with DOTD has great potential, where it could lead to possible games in the future. Was the game flawed yes, was it cliche yes. But to be honest I think it was a test run of what could be spyros future. They could make spyro like the good old days when insomiac made them but in the LOS universe, if that is so, heck thats a great start especially that activision could give the project to blizzard and we know they could make something interesting that could potentially change our minds. We all have opinions but theres a way to talk about it and theres a way to say it. People always try to put my ideas and thoughts down, but instead of arguing i just respect the other persons opinion and move on. We all have one thing in common, we like spyro. Dont matter if its new or old, we still like him in a way. If your a chevy guy you either like the classics or the newer ones, either way we share a common interest. So drop this arguing and move on.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
ElectricDragons Ripto Gems: 1138
#94 Posted: 01:51:43 28/03/2010
The next game won't even exist. There would be a board forum about it, and dark25 would know everything about it.
#95 Posted: 01:53:02 28/03/2010
I never said I didn't want anymore games. And why are the people who repeatedly say the didn't like the game labelled annoying when there are people who do like the game who constantly ramble on and on about Spyro and Cynder's love, and Cynder "the best dragoness EVAR!"? I see how I could be annoying but so are the people who constantly send me SpyroXCynder videos and rant and rave about how wonderful Cynder is.

Aslo, was that incoherent babbler thing aimed at me HIR? Also, neat idea about chasing dark Spyro to sacve the sun. I hate LOS as it is, but I might enjoy a game with a story like that, if it's done properly with decent characters and no plotholes. Though Orig. is still better! smilie

S240sx24, I WANT Spyro to be more like the oldies, if it's not exactly like them. If the next game has more upbeat tunes, sidegames, light feel, and a non-wimpy hero with no GF or a GF with a good personality, I'd be happy.
---
#96 Posted: 01:56:11 28/03/2010
LoS in general is good. ANB was good, and TEN was great. However, mid-production of the trilogy they threw a good thing to a completely new company. They had to make models and everything from scratch.

The main problem is the "FANS". I gave DotD a review that made it the worse game I've ever played. What did everyone say?

"GTFO IF YOU HATE SPYRO!"
"I believe I said 'DotD'..."
"GTFO SPYRO HATER!"
#97 Posted: 02:11:09 28/03/2010
That sucks Shenzi. I know, ppl do that on YT alot too.
---
#98 Posted: 04:30:52 28/03/2010
S240sx24, I WANT Spyro to be more like the oldies, if it's not exactly like them. If the next game has more upbeat tunes, sidegames, light feel, and a non-wimpy hero with no GF or a GF with a good personality, I'd be happy.

SpyroLUVA, if you want the new games to be like the oldies so bad, then why don't you go to Activision Blizzard and ask them about it? Or go to this year's E3 and ask them? You can do that, instead of ranting like a child about wanting the next game to be just like the classics.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:35:38 28/03/2010 by Aura24
#99 Posted: 12:39:57 28/03/2010
I can't travel to E3, I don't know the Email with which I can speak to someone at activision Blizzard directly, nor can I actually get to thier HQ. I also already posted a topic on the Spyro forum on Activision's forum website.
---
#100 Posted: 15:53:37 28/03/2010
I can't travel to E3, I don't know the Email with which I can speak to someone at activision Blizzard directly, nor can I actually get to thier HQ. I also already posted a topic on the Spyro forum on Activision's forum website.

That's not exactly going to reach the eyes and ears of the game's executive producer...
---
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me