Page 1 of 1
Escape [CLOSED]
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#1 Posted: 19:37:32 12/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Does The Dark Master escapes this times? Please tell me if you know!
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
Anonymous Fodder
#2 Posted: 20:53:17 12/12/2007
...nobody really knows. he might have escaped out of dark spyro, but it never SHOWS him escaping. the most you see of the ACTUL dark master is statues and storybook pages.
#3 Posted: 21:08:48 12/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Okay. Thanks for telling me.
---
Dagnabbit.
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#4 Posted: 15:57:21 13/12/2007
It's annoying! DM is the boss of whole trilogy, but he is still not seen in games...
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
#5 Posted: 16:05:18 13/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Only in the story that The Cronicler tells you.
---
Dagnabbit.
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#6 Posted: 16:26:48 13/12/2007
Mmm....
There are beautiful pictures in that story! I love that cutscene, and I have wrote a piece of it to The Chronicler topic.
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
#7 Posted: 17:37:25 13/12/2007 | Topic Creator
I know. Have seen it. Good work!
---
Dagnabbit.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#8 Posted: 19:14:09 13/12/2007
I like the DM's pictures in that... but it would be nice to see him. Course he'd be a ghost/phantom if he was freed from the Well of Souls.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#9 Posted: 19:43:46 13/12/2007 | Topic Creator
But I don't remember, do they say how he got trapped in The Well of Souls?
---
Dagnabbit.
#10 Posted: 21:48:18 13/12/2007
By... dying...?
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#11 Posted: 21:48:41 13/12/2007
Not necessarily, HIR. Cynder was pulled out of the Well of Souls, too, and she's no phantom.

I strongly suspect that the DM is trapped to some extent in Spyro himself. This is not what he intended, but because of Spyro's bad timing, it may well have happened.

He was trapped in the Well of Souls when he created it (by the weight of his own malice).
#12 Posted: 21:50:37 13/12/2007
How was Cynder pulled out of it? ;>.>
---
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#13 Posted: 22:02:52 13/12/2007
^ i was thinking the same thing.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#14 Posted: 04:12:05 14/12/2007
Actually, I believe the DM is genuinely dead. After all, why would they talk of REVIVING him if he was not dead to begin with?

... and well, the way he got trapped in the Well of Souls alone is enough to hint that he died: he absorbed/generated too much dark power and exploded like a walking dark-elemental nuclear bomb, almost nuking his own HQ (hence the Mountain of Malefor being more akin to a giant cone-shaped swiss cheese than a traditionnal mountain).

So, yeah, unless he's finally properly revived, I believe he'll appear as a phantom/undead in the third game.
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#15 Posted: 09:26:53 14/12/2007
man, that stinks! I am sick of these phantom/undead things!
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#16 Posted: 20:59:45 14/12/2007
Cynder was pulled out of the Well of Souls by Spyro. After she transformed back into her original state, she was sucked into the portal (which we now know is rooted in Malefor), and Spyro jumped in and pulled her out.

Personally, I don't think the DM is actually dead. It sounds like he just accidentally trapped himself within his own darkness (and said darkness also has the power to pull in other lost souls). It's possible he died after that, but it could also just be a case of him being trapped.
#17 Posted: 21:52:31 14/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Maybe The Dark Master was frozen, and lived up in the future! Just like a dinosaur trapped in ice.
---
Dagnabbit.
#18 Posted: 03:01:05 15/12/2007
Quote: Razz
Cynder was pulled out of the Well of Souls by Spyro. After she transformed back into her original state, she was sucked into the portal (which we now know is rooted in Malefor), and Spyro jumped in and pulled her out.

Personally, I don't think the DM is actually dead. It sounds like he just accidentally trapped himself within his own darkness (and said darkness also has the power to pull in other lost souls). It's possible he died after that, but it could also just be a case of him being trapped.

NO! She was pulled out of Convexity... which acts a portal between the real world and the Dark Realm.

The Mountain of Malefor exists in the real world, it's an actual location, that served as the Dark Master's fortress while he was alive.

When he died, he was imprisoned in the Dark Realm.

Since Adult Cynder freed the Dark Master's soul from his prison, he could be revived in the real world on the night of eternal darkness.
---
#19 Posted: 05:14:37 15/12/2007
Ah, but in the opening of TEN, we see the connection between Malefor and Convexity clearly established. Convexity was an air lock, a security gate that was supposed to keep the Dark Master shut away or, if he managed to escape, he was supposed to escape into Convexity. I suspect that it was a block to keep him the spirit world (which is also strongly connected to the Mountain of Malefor). However, when Cynder put the crystals into that portal within Convexity, she broke it's power and re-connected the Soul Beam (I don't know what that thing is really called), enabling spirits to re-enter the living world when conditions were right (the Night of Eternal Darkness). And then she got sucked into it (along with the rest of Convexity, apparently), but Spyro pulled her out (Convexity appears to have been destroyed).
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#20 Posted: 05:54:33 15/12/2007
Most agreeable Razz.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
okami12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2205
#21 Posted: 17:57:56 16/12/2007
I think he has
#22 Posted: 01:47:22 17/12/2007
Ah, but in the opening of TEN, we see the connection between Malefor and Convexity clearly established. Convexity was an air lock, a security gate that was supposed to keep the Dark Master shut away or, if he managed to escape, he was supposed to escape into Convexity. I suspect that it was a block to keep him the spirit world (which is also strongly connected to the Mountain of Malefor). However, when Cynder put the crystals into that portal within Convexity, she broke it's power and re-connected the Soul Beam (I don't know what that thing is really called), enabling spirits to re-enter the living world when conditions were right (the Night of Eternal Darkness). And then she got sucked into it (along with the rest of Convexity, apparently), but Spyro pulled her out (Convexity appears to have been destroyed).

The purple light appeared in Malefor as a result of his freedom from Convexity. The "going inside" showed how that purple light appeared in Malefor. Besides, where in the mountain would Convexity be? You'll remember Gaul broke through to the center of the mountain for round 2, and that definitely WASN'T convexity.
---
#23 Posted: 02:09:35 17/12/2007
Oh, Convexity is gone completely. The end of ANB (and beginning of TEN) implies that it was sucked into the Well of Souls (which is now demonstrably more powerful because the seal over it has been broken). Convexity isn't the spirit world or even a realm of its own, it was just a block created to help prevent the Dark Master from escaping. From what I've seen, Cynder's entire purpose in the first game was to destroy that block with the Guardians' powers, which she did.
zephyr Fodder
#24 Posted: 01:42:11 09/01/2008
I think convexity is a dimension that exists between the real world and the dark realms and that the large energy funnel was the locked portal or airlock leading to the well of souls but this airlock had a seal that had to be unlocked to create the soul beam in the well of souls and when the celestial moons eclipse on the night of eternal darkness the beam would serve as a portal for the
dark master
#25 Posted: 01:45:22 09/01/2008
Oh, Convexity is gone completely. The end of ANB (and beginning of TEN) implies that it was sucked into the Well of Souls (which is now demonstrably more powerful because the seal over it has been broken). Convexity isn't the spirit world or even a realm of its own, it was just a block created to help prevent the Dark Master from escaping. From what I've seen, Cynder's entire purpose in the first game was to destroy that block with the Guardians' powers, which she did.

But that leaves too many unanswered questions...

Has Convexity always been there?
Did the Malefor fortress just somehow magically appear after Convexity was destroyed?
How did the Guardians imprison the Dark Master's soul in Convexity?
And why didn't Spyro or Cynder just go in the first place? Instead, Cynder had to open up a portal. If Convexity existed in Malefor, such portal wouldn't have been required.

As I stated before, too many holes to fill... it's not sufficient.
---
Komodo Blue Sparx Gems: 758
#26 Posted: 02:48:29 09/01/2008
Big words... hurt... head... ouch. Let me think... oh yes! I remember what I thunked! Thinked... Okay, okay, serious now. I believe he was dead, then revived, but now powerless, due to Spyro's interference. Now... have... brain... itch... That is all.
---
I traded my soul for a muffin, and you know what? It was delicious.
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#27 Posted: 16:44:56 09/01/2008
Ok. This my summary of what I think happed.

First in ANB the DM was somehow trapped in the dark realm and Cynder had re-opened the portal between the dark realm and the real world. I don't think that the DM was inside Spyro as such, I think Spyro just got consumed by all that excess evil energy spilling out of the dark realm (I too believe the well of souls and convexity are linked). As for the DM, I don't think he's actually dead or out of the dark realm yet (coming out of the dark realm may take a lot of time) but he will be soon...
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
Last edited at 17:46:42 09/01/2008 by Pyro girl
zephyr Fodder
#28 Posted: 01:24:41 07/02/2008
If convexity is merely a block then why are all those creatures there?
#29 Posted: 02:14:31 07/02/2008
Quote: zephyr
If convexity is merely a block then why are all those creatures there?

The game refers to it as an "airlock between our world and the dark realms." >.>
---
zephyr Fodder
#30 Posted: 05:02:00 07/02/2008
The portal in convexity is the airlock
arathyne Blue Sparx Gems: 607
#31 Posted: 19:20:51 07/02/2008
Quote: zephyr
The portal in convexity is the airlock

What the... the convexity IS an airlock.
---
Cynder FTW! smilie
Ross Gold Sparx Gems: 2159
#32 Posted: 19:48:46 07/02/2008
Quote: Ignitus (Guardian)
Convexity acts as an airlock between our world and the Dark Realms beyond.

Not is. ACTS as an airlock. Both of you are wrong.
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
#33 Posted: 20:30:34 07/02/2008
Quote: HIR
But that leaves too many unanswered questions...

Has Convexity always been there?
Did the Malefor fortress just somehow magically appear after Convexity was destroyed?
How did the Guardians imprison the Dark Master's soul in Convexity?
And why didn't Spyro or Cynder just go in the first place? Instead, Cynder had to open up a portal. If Convexity existed in Malefor, such portal wouldn't have been required.

As I stated before, too many holes to fill... it's not sufficient.

Not entirely. I can answer most of these. smilie

1. No, Convexity has not always existed. It took the powers of elemental dragons to destroy it, which implies strongly that a group of elemental dragons created it in the past.

2. Again, no. The Fortress was built before the Dark Master was originally trapped and it survived his destruction.

3.They didn't imprison his soul in Convexity. The DM's soul was already trapped within his own darkness and Convexity was created as a seal to keep him from using his powers to break free of death on the Night of Eternal Darkness.

4. Convexity never existed in Malefore; it is a small pocket that exists outside of the living world and the spirit world, kind of between them both. Cynder and Spyro couldn't enter the portal to the spirit world without dying (they might have survived for a few minutes or so, but they would eventually become spirits, or at least Cynder would; Spyro might live but he would be trapped).

See? Not too many holes to fill. smilie Also, it's fun to speculate. Most of the ideas I have are inferred from the game itself. They aren't stated in words, but you see them in action and it's possible that the game makers didn't catch some of these things (I've had that happen before; it's what I get for having turbo brain smilie).
zephyr Fodder
#34 Posted: 20:44:06 07/02/2008
Convexity is a bridge dimension meaning that it's a dimension between two others that's what ignitus meant when he said it acts as an airlock. while convexity can be entered through a portal in the dragon realms it's the funnel shaped portal in the center of convexity that allows anyone or anything to escape from the dark realms and into the dragon realms but the portal has to be unlocked first. as for all of those invertebrates, they'r probably native to convexity.
#35 Posted: 21:35:53 07/02/2008
I always figured the invertebrates got pulled into Convexity when it was created. Well, the jellyfish, at any rate. The giant fish things probably are natives.

Y'know, they never addressed how Cynder opened Convexity in the first place, nor how Spyro opened the portal over the Dragon Temple for them to escape. Hmmm...
zephyr Fodder
#36 Posted: 22:17:02 07/02/2008
No one created convexity it's a dimension. although someone probably created the portal in convexity.
#37 Posted: 22:59:24 07/02/2008
I responded to this one in another thread. smilie But this also begs the question: if no one made it, how did anyone find out it was there? And how did they get in and out of it?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me