Page 1 of 1
cheats.....? [CLOSED]
Spyrofan12345 Blue Sparx Gems: 832
#1 Posted: 17:15:38 10/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Sorry if this is like a spam topic, but how did you get the cheats to ANB and do you know if you can get any cheats for TEN? cuz I haven't beaten ANB without the unlimited health thing and I really need it right now cuz i'm stuck at the Ravage Rider and I've already read the walkthrough but its just kind of hard for me...

~Grace~ smilie
---
Original trilogy obsessor~
Brazilian Spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3675
#2 Posted: 18:40:28 10/12/2007
yeah, and how do they discover cheats?
---
K-Tec, my blog about technology and Royal Bounty, my story about assassins.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#3 Posted: 22:17:53 10/12/2007
I was wondering that, too. How they got the cheats for ANB, that is. The game is easier with Dark Spyro, but that still means you have to beat it at least once with no help, and that is a royal pain in the tail. I'd love to have infinite health/flame for TEN; it makes playing ANB a total blast.
destroyer2424 Green Sparx Gems: 341
#4 Posted: 06:12:50 11/12/2007
cheats are made into the game to make it more fun or easier

people who have alot of time usually discover cheats

by playing around with the controls

or the company shows the cheats soemwhere
---
the legend of spyro is my favorite series of spyro games
I love playing the banjo and kazooie series
http://forums.kameo.com/forums/default.aspx
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#5 Posted: 06:33:39 11/12/2007
Quote: Spyrofan12345
Sorry if this is like a spam topic, but how did you get the cheats to ANB and do you know if you can get any cheats for TEN? cuz I haven't beaten ANB without the unlimited health thing and I really need it right now cuz i'm stuck at the Ravage Rider and I've already read the walkthrough but its just kind of hard for me...

~Grace~ smilie

Use dragon time against Ravage Rider. That helps alot!
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
peace Fodder
#6 Posted: 06:35:28 11/12/2007
hey, on the cheats in ANB, how do you switch it back? (like, you do you play normal mode again)
Spyrothelegend Yellow Sparx Gems: 1105
#7 Posted: 07:12:07 11/12/2007
I havent got the game yet but try re-entering the code to turn it off
---
I am theneopetmaster on Deviant Art and my fav character issmilie (and I'm a girl)
#8 Posted: 17:31:29 11/12/2007
All I know for sure is that the ANB cheats don't work with TEN and the one cheat that's been floating around the net (the one that starts by pressing triangle twice) is a fake.
#9 Posted: 18:34:45 11/12/2007
of course its a fake, who do they think they are?
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#10 Posted: 01:44:15 12/12/2007
There are no cheats.

Krome removed them this time around. e_e
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#11 Posted: 14:53:57 12/12/2007
Krome.....>.<
#12 Posted: 18:54:44 12/12/2007
Quote: HIR
There are no cheats.

Why...why would they do that? smilie That's just...cruel.
#13 Posted: 13:07:04 14/12/2007
do anyone know a way to we contact krome?
---
#14 Posted: 03:02:55 15/12/2007
Quote: Razz
Quote: HIR
There are no cheats.

Why...why would they do that? smilie That's just...cruel.

It's part of the whole "trying to make the LoS games more challenging," thing.
---
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#15 Posted: 04:54:43 15/12/2007
Rather than a huge speech, I think I'll go on and say the straight answer:

It's rude, it's not nice but well...

Cheats are for losers.

Beating a game that has no challenge is a hollow victory and will more likely leave with feeling empty-ended once you beat the game than anything else.

... so, rather than whine about being stuck, embrace the challenge and try to overcome it. You'll feel a whole lot better than if you had given up and used cheats, believe. There are very few (if any) greater pleasures in gaming than managing to grow in skills, finally mastering a difficult game and beating it. Nothing beats that feeling of accomplishment.

So, don't be disappointed that the game offer challenge and no cheats. Be glad that it challenges you.

That was my opinion...

... although my opinion might be biaised ; I'm kind of old-school and I'm one of those insane maniacs who managed to beat crazy games such as Super Ghouls'n Ghosts, Guardian Legend, and Touhou. So, yeah...

Have a nice day.
Last edited at 04:57:23 15/12/2007 by Zerodius
#16 Posted: 05:10:14 15/12/2007
I completely disagree with you on this Zerodius. And thanks for calling me a loser. Great way to round out a week where it seems like every time I turn around someone in the Spyro fandom is being a jerk to me.

Also, I can think of a lot of things that are far more rewarding than beating a game you don't enjoy playing. I won't lie: I do NOT enjoy actually playing TEN. I love the story and the art and the music, but the gameplay? Not so much.

Considering that this is a kids' game, I find it rather unfair to remove the cheats. I've seen in multiple places posts from parents whose children really wanted to see what happens next in the story but no one in the house could beat a certain challenge. A seven-year-old is not going to keep struggling through something that keeps beating them over and over again. They are most likely going to give up outright and be disappointed at not knowing the end.

There are also many parts in the game where the challenge isn't challenging, it's blatantly unfair to the player. You have enemies that will attack you when Spyro is still staggering and trying to get up. More than once, I've been ganged up on when I was defenseless and unable to fight back and the little enemies (not the big ones) beat Spyro to death and I had to do the whole wretched fight again. Even the professional gamers found this attack strategy unfair. I've seen many reviews in which the player stopped playing the game entirely at one specific point (I almost gave up at that point, too) because it was just too ridiculous.

And, too, there are some people who aren't playing for the gameplay itself, like me. I hate the gameplay of the LoS series. I'm literally playing for the story and the story alone. So if I can save time and just watch the story unfold in a few hours instead of fighting my way past obnoxious, pointless battles that I have to fight over and over again because of badly thought-out enemy mechanics, I'm all for it. I love using the cheats for ANB just to play through the game for fun, to see the environments and hear the music without having to worry about dying. I'd like to do the same with TEN.
#17 Posted: 05:26:56 15/12/2007
OK, I'll keep it as short as possible:

-The game is not unfair. If you think so, play Mushisama. Then, we will talk.

-I am sick of the "BUT IT'S A KIDS GAME!11!" argument. NES games, anyone?

-If you don't enjoy the gameplay, then you have no right to speak since you do not like the game, period. Stop torturing yourself (and bothering those that actually like the game) and watch the cinematics somewhere on the internet. People upload these very fast usually. Oh and... don't say anything about "earning for it yourself" since it imply that you would want to play the game, which you don't want, most obviously.

This might seem harsh, especially the last one, but well, a game is, essentially, a game. A game is meant to be played and to be fun. If you REALLY are not having any fun, then why are you still playing?

If all you do is torturing yourself for the sake of a few paltry cinematics, then watch them somewhere on the internet or something. It will be a whole lot better for your nerves and all.

Oh and...

... one last point.

That was a general statement that was in no way directed toward anyone in particular and I'm genuinely surprised you felt targetted. I actually a lot of respect for you so... don't take offense.

I'm done with my nasty rant.
Last edited at 05:30:22 15/12/2007 by Zerodius
V Green Sparx Gems: 124
#18 Posted: 07:01:35 15/12/2007
Games aren't about how challenging or hardcore they are. GAMES ARE THERE SO YOU CAN HAVE FUN. If you get more fun out of being invincible and mercilessly killing apes, then what's wrong with that?

Let people do what they want to do.
---
This is a forum. Not a stupid chatroom. So... USE PROPER SPELLING AND GRAMMAR. Is it that hard to type out your **** words?
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#19 Posted: 13:19:37 15/12/2007
don't forget the Gaul glitch
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#20 Posted: 08:02:40 16/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Quote: Razz
I completely disagree with you on this Zerodius. And thanks for calling me a loser. Great way to round out a week where it seems like every time I turn around someone in the Spyro fandom is being a jerk to me.

Also, I can think of a lot of things that are far more rewarding than beating a game you don't enjoy playing. I won't lie: I do NOT enjoy actually playing TEN. I love the story and the art and the music, but the gameplay? Not so much.

Considering that this is a kids' game, I find it rather unfair to remove the cheats. I've seen in multiple places posts from parents whose children really wanted to see what happens next in the story but no one in the house could beat a certain challenge. A seven-year-old is not going to keep struggling through something that keeps beating them over and over again. They are most likely going to give up outright and be disappointed at not knowing the end.

There are also many parts in the game where the challenge isn't challenging, it's blatantly unfair to the player. You have enemies that will attack you when Spyro is still staggering and trying to get up. More than once, I've been ganged up on when I was defenseless and unable to fight back and the little enemies (not the big ones) beat Spyro to death and I had to do the whole wretched fight again. Even the professional gamers found this attack strategy unfair. I've seen many reviews in which the player stopped playing the game entirely at one specific point (I almost gave up at that point, too) because it was just too ridiculous.

And, too, there are some people who aren't playing for the gameplay itself, like me. I hate the gameplay of the LoS series. I'm literally playing for the story and the story alone. So if I can save time and just watch the story unfold in a few hours instead of fighting my way past obnoxious, pointless battles that I have to fight over and over again because of badly thought-out enemy mechanics, I'm all for it. I love using the cheats for ANB just to play through the game for fun, to see the environments and hear the music without having to worry about dying. I'd like to do the same with TEN.

Quote: V
Games aren't about how challenging or hardcore they are. GAMES ARE THERE SO YOU CAN HAVE FUN. If you get more fun out of being invincible and mercilessly killing apes, then what's wrong with that?

Let people do what they want to do.

THANK you. My point exactly.

You don't have to be challenged or want to be challenged in a game. A game is there to have fun, not to keep being beaten several hundred times by the same thing and then getting so flippin mad over the whole thing you just give up.

And not all of us are the best gamers, you know.
And I kind of like the gameplay, but not really that much, because its exactly the same as ANB and all your practically doing is kicking butt.

Also, if we just watched the story on the internet in several videos, that would be kind of boring, well for me anyways.

I love using the cheats and fighting bad guys without dying. its fun. smilie

Oh, and I do use dragon time when fighting the Ravage Rider. I just can't seem to beat him.

And 1 more thing. that totally SUCKS if they didn't make any cheats for TEN. CHEATS ARE AWESOME!!!!!
They BETTER have made cheats......

-I totally dissagree with you Zerodius.

~Grace~ smilie
---
Last edited at 08:05:57 16/12/2007 by Spyrofan12345
#21 Posted: 02:21:29 17/12/2007
Meh. I'm not gonna respond directly that last post Zerodius. These guys have said what I wanted to say but better. Also, sorry for biting at you. I've had an absolutely wretched week in the fandom and it put my irrational anxiety disorder into overdrive, which makes me very vicious.

Ah, but you have made an error in logic as far as watching the cutscenes on-line. There are crucial bits of story that you will only understand by playing the game itself. Ergo, even if the gameplay is appalling, if you like the story, you must endure in order to get the whole of it.
#22 Posted: 15:09:49 17/12/2007
anyone knows a way to get information to krome? about the cheats?
---
Dragginwings Gold Sparx Gems: 2279
#23 Posted: 23:27:22 18/12/2007
I agree with Razz. I respect your opinion though, Zerodius... but I love playing with cheats. I just hate it when Spyro is bumbling and the enemies kill him! He could die quicker too. At certain parts I just wanted to through the Wiimote through my TV!
#24 Posted: 00:24:50 19/12/2007
I ran into some of the glitchy fighting issues just last night. One of the clunky rock creatures came over and clocked Spyro a good one while he was air-meleeing anther one. It knocked him down and the one he'd been fighting clubbed him. Just as he was about to recover...the other one clubbed him! And it went on until he died and guess who had start over? >(
#25 Posted: 00:39:05 19/12/2007
That is not a glitch. That is you allowing the foes to surround you and then juggle you back and forth.

This is a very common behaviour for foes who work in teams. Considering how annoying you find it, just be thankful that the AI in TEN isn't any better or you would see that a whole lot more.

But well, ranting aside, that is not a glitch.
#26 Posted: 02:03:10 19/12/2007
Quote: Zerodius
Rather than a huge speech, I think I'll go on and say the straight answer:

It's rude, it's not nice but well...

Cheats are for losers.

Beating a game that has no challenge is a hollow victory and will more likely leave with feeling empty-ended once you beat the game than anything else.

... so, rather than whine about being stuck, embrace the challenge and try to overcome it. You'll feel a whole lot better than if you had given up and used cheats, believe. There are very few (if any) greater pleasures in gaming than managing to grow in skills, finally mastering a difficult game and beating it. Nothing beats that feeling of accomplishment.

So, don't be disappointed that the game offer challenge and no cheats. Be glad that it challenges you.

That was my opinion...

If you wish to "embrace this challenge" I recommend to you the Rockman ZX series for the DS. TOUGH. GAME.
---
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#27 Posted: 02:19:32 19/12/2007
I vote that if the next game has cheats it should be like Lord of the Rings games where you have to beat the game to unlock the cheats (it tells you them at that point and they do not work till then).
#28 Posted: 06:13:13 20/12/2007
Glitch, not-glitch, whatever. It still sucks to play. If you ever get a chance to play with only 10% of your vision, we can talk about this more Zerodius. For now, let's drop it. I'm already really ticked at you and I'd like to stop having anxiety issues with this fandom before it's too late.
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#29 Posted: 13:51:43 21/12/2007
It would be nice to have infinite breath code to this game!
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
#30 Posted: 14:03:24 21/12/2007
*whispers* Gauuuuulllllll Gliiiitccchhhhhhhh
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#31 Posted: 14:23:08 21/12/2007
I don't understand why everyone has so much trouble with this game, I never used cheats in ANB and I'll be damned if I'll use cheats in TEN (I've got a streak going about 10-12 games completed with no cheats 3 on hard mode) Your right about that sense of satisfaction Zerodius, Halo games on legendary are nothing to laugh about. Quite frankly I found the ANB & TEN VERY easy. I wish there was a hard or suicide mode to actually add a challenge to it. Cheats would be pointless, Its so freaken easy.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#32 Posted: 17:48:33 21/12/2007
I have never used cheats, too. It's stupid to TRY make games easier...
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
#33 Posted: 18:26:34 21/12/2007
i only use them once i have completed the game, then i just like to find all of the neat extras and stuff at ease without worrying bout dying or something.
---
#34 Posted: 19:40:53 21/12/2007
That's pretty much why I use 'em, too. The first play-through is sans cheats because I'll do just about anything to see how the story turns out. After that, I'd like the tediousness to go away so I can just have fun. I love ANB with the cheats; it's like gaming through a movie like that. smilie And, oddly, I seem to be a better player with the cheats on because I'm more reckless which leads to me getting hit less. Go figure.
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#35 Posted: 19:58:13 21/12/2007
So who would like cheats as an unlockable than is given to you when you win and cannot be used until they are unlocked even if you know the codes?
#36 Posted: 20:00:43 21/12/2007
^ that sounds good!
---
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#37 Posted: 20:28:07 21/12/2007
Something like that would be awesome!
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
#38 Posted: 22:00:37 21/12/2007
I like that idea muchly.
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#39 Posted: 07:04:54 22/12/2007
What about using collectibles to unlock cheats like in Jak 3, that means you don't have to complete the game but you still have to work for the goodies. In those games I usually unlock cheats for the later missions when things start getting hard and/or tedious but only if I've died like 10 times or something. You want the good stuff, work for it, that's how games should give cheats. Codes are boring and tedious.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
zacoda1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1121
#40 Posted: 14:11:23 22/12/2007
Cheats are made with programing in the game,people then publish them on websites and code books,or code them in a gameshark/codebreaker.
Cheats are then found and for example ign would then be given the cheat,If there wasnt any cheats programmed FOR the game,There is no cheats.....
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
#41 Posted: 19:09:23 07/02/2008 | Topic Creator
Sorry if this is bumping my topic, but oh well.

I think there should be cheats that you could use ANYTIME, I don't like that unlockable cheat thing either, since I can't even beat the game without cheats. Also, it would be nice for the younger, more inexperienced players of Spyro to have cheats. I'm experienced, but I'm only almost 13, and the Ravage Rider is really hard. I couldn't beat ANB without the cheats, probably. Its hard!

Plus, if there were cheats that could be used, that doesn't mean that you have to use them, for all of you who hate cheats. Their just a helpful option. smilie

Cheats Rule!!!

//Grace
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me