Page 1 of 1
Lame Defense [CLOSED]
K-Tech Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#1 Posted: 23:11:30 17/02/2010 | Topic Creator
I had to say something about this after watching a war documentary.

What the heck were the moles and the dragons where thinking?

I mean one freaking cannon? No catapults? No other means of firepower? Not even one archer to snipe a few of Malafor's troops? C'mon! The dragons, the green/red ones, could have dropped some bombs like the monsters in TEN.

And another thing, no protection or some sort of outer-wall defense? You just let them walk all the way to the heart of your own country/area? What brilliant general was in charge of this whole thing? Heck in history (Germany, Afganistan, Iraq, etc...) they didn't just let the enemy waltz in to the capital city without a massive resistance! By the way as I was watching the ground in some DotD cut-scenes, there's nothing of a sign of resistance, retreat or even death. Did they even try to do anything? It's a huge city! There has to be more soldiers than that. Civilian soldiers, resistance warriors... anything!

I'm sure someone here will answer my question but in a militaristic standpoint they should have been annihilated and forced to live underground.
---
I'm k-tech... and I approve this message.
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#2 Posted: 23:29:08 17/02/2010
It's a bunch of feeble, blind moles! What else would you expect? And maybe one or two regular dragons. The guardians are waaaaay too old to fight properly. So, yeah, they're all screwed.
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#3 Posted: 23:48:07 17/02/2010
You're looking too far into this.
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#4 Posted: 23:57:45 17/02/2010
Quote: K-Tech
I had to say something about this after watching a war documentary.

What the heck were the moles and the dragons where thinking?

I mean one freaking cannon? No catapults? No other means of firepower? Not even one archer to snipe a few of Malafor's troops? C'mon! The dragons, the green/red ones, could have dropped some bombs like the monsters in TEN.

And another thing, no protection or some sort of outer-wall defense? You just let them walk all the way to the heart of your own country/area? What brilliant general was in charge of this whole thing? Heck in history (Germany, Afganistan, Iraq, etc...) they didn't just let the enemy waltz in to the capital city without a massive resistance! By the way as I was watching the ground in some DotD cut-scenes, there's nothing of a sign of resistance, retreat or even death. Did they even try to do anything? It's a huge city! There has to be more soldiers than that. Civilian soldiers, resistance warriors... anything!

I'm sure someone here will answer my question but in a militaristic standpoint they should have been annihilated and forced to live underground.

There was a spot for a second cannon as I recall... and there is no knowing about the rest of the wall that is not accessible.
Apoc Gold Sparx Gems: 2941
#5 Posted: 01:07:53 18/02/2010
Blind moles, how the hell do they know where to shoot? Furthermore how could they build the city, if they're blind?
---
DarkSpyro's resident "cool person" except there's nothing cool about me.
I've been here since god knows when and ask any old heads about me.
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#6 Posted: 01:19:07 18/02/2010
Quote: Apoc
Blind moles, how the hell do they know where to shoot? Furthermore how could they build the city, if they're blind?

video game logic D:
and ofcourse the developers being lazy...
#7 Posted: 01:22:12 18/02/2010
Quote: Kimbia28

video game logic D:
and ofcourse the developers being lazy...

Now that's just not right
---
K-Tech Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#8 Posted: 01:22:17 18/02/2010 | Topic Creator
What surprises me more is that they all held off his army for three years. Maybe these little buggers aren't bad fighters after all, just wished they had more support, troops and firepower.

And yes I may have overlooked things, but I only said that because most resistance cliche armies have put up some decent fight no matter what. Eh, it's a game in a fictional world... anything can happen.
---
I'm k-tech... and I approve this message.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:22:52 18/02/2010 by K-Tech
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#9 Posted: 04:40:50 18/02/2010
Yeaahhhhh...
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#10 Posted: 06:34:10 18/02/2010
It's a cruddy game with major plotholes - you really think if they couldn't fix the game's main plot, they would've looked into the details?
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#11 Posted: 15:21:30 18/02/2010
The moles were wearing goggle glasses.
#12 Posted: 18:59:32 18/02/2010
Still I thought the game was quite good
---
SpyroLovr Blue Sparx Gems: 591
#13 Posted: 05:13:44 19/02/2010
yer i liked the game but things that didnt make sence with that gate were

1: enemies can just fly over the wall
2: all the enemies n the game can move underground so they can just go underneath it
and thirdly if it is a dragon city it should have more than like fiour moles and should have some ACTUALL dragons in it

but i still like the game
---
Do you like waffles? Yer we like waffles! Do you like pancakes? Yer we like pancakes! Do you like French toast? Yer we like french toast!
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#14 Posted: 06:37:46 19/02/2010
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
It's a cruddy game with major plotholes - you really think if they couldn't fix the game's main plot, they would've looked into the details?

yeah, i wouldnt expect anything more.
Blackness Red Sparx Gems: 32
#15 Posted: 15:26:09 19/02/2010
Quote: SpyroLovr

2: all the enemies n the game can move underground so they can just go underneath it
and thirdly if it is a dragon city it should have more than like fiour moles and should have some ACTUALL dragons in it

Actually, I remember saw at last 4 different dragons without been the guardians.
---
Cynder ruless!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:26:47 19/02/2010 by Blackness
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#16 Posted: 16:29:15 19/02/2010
Quote: SpyroLovr

It think it is the "Dragon City" in that they run/own the place, the moles just live there. And everything has been pointing to there not being may dragons left...
#17 Posted: 22:21:25 19/02/2010
But moles are blind, how could they build the city?
---
#18 Posted: 22:30:20 19/02/2010
they see through their noses o_0
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#19 Posted: 23:18:56 19/02/2010
^ LOL

anyway, that was more than 1000 years ago, so... the dragons probably helped to build it when there were actually some of them. smilie
#20 Posted: 23:34:47 19/02/2010
hmm how cold the dragons even build it ?
I mean the TLOS dragons don't have opposable thumbs nor do they walk on two legs...which makes me think how can they put cloaks and armor on themselves... lawl
#21 Posted: 23:45:49 19/02/2010

...What if they get a cold?
---
#22 Posted: 23:50:28 19/02/2010

well I guess they are gonna just run around blindly and hit walls all the time until they get better D:
#23 Posted: 23:52:51 19/02/2010

well I guess they are gonna just run around blindly and hit walls all the time until they get better D:

In other words, some quality entertainment and ridicule. Lovely!
---
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#24 Posted: 15:04:11 20/02/2010
Its the sensors on the OUTSIDE of there nose that lets them see actually, so no mad blind ness.
#25 Posted: 15:59:10 20/02/2010
^So many plotholes.
---
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#26 Posted: 03:46:39 21/02/2010
Well,maybe the goggles the moles are wearing help them to see...O.ooo;

You never know..
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Pinkdesi101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1276
#27 Posted: 03:54:23 21/02/2010
^that's what i've always thought
---
...is this supposed to be my signature?
neonspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 651
#28 Posted: 13:18:54 22/02/2010
They knew Spyro would be there to kill everything on his own, and spock, hulk hogan, bill s preston, theodore logan, benito mussollini and monty pythons black knight. would help out as well smilie
---
Cynder loves Spyro! They're gonna have a happy family with cute little eggs :3 ITS NOT THE END!(I'm actually crying!My DA: Draconicmaster.deviantart.com
SwiftWing Green Sparx Gems: 390
#29 Posted: 19:47:21 22/02/2010
hmm how cold the dragons even build it ?
I mean the TLOS dragons don't have opposable thumbs nor do they walk on two legs...which makes me think how can they put cloaks and armor on themselves... lawl

the dragons didn't build it. the moles did. it says in the cutscene at the end of the valley of avalar. "the moles built the dragon city to honour their friendship with the dragons. before malefor, dragons were quite revered."
---
smilie : hey once, i switched to my earth element, i found a guitar, and i ROCKED!!!, get it?
smilie : smilie
#30 Posted: 20:59:37 22/02/2010
Ow right thx for the correction x)
But I cant really find a good explanation for the thing about armor and cloaks ,maybe some dragons can levitate stuff ... but what about Cynder and Spyro then ?Or I'm looking into this a bit too far D: after all it's just a game mechanic...but still :0
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me