Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Elora. [CLOSED]
Sakuyamon Blue Sparx Gems: 920
#1 Posted: 20:23:36 17/02/2010 | Topic Creator
I wonder why, when Insomniac did its biggest error in life (IMHO, gave Spyro to other programmers), Elora never came back in the games?
I mean, Bentley, Sgt. Bird, Bianca, Agent 9, Sheila, Hunter (that just become a lynx in the newest Spyro games, he does not even resemble a cheetah/jaguar [as translated in my version of the classic games]...) They all had another appearance in the games.
BUT ELORA.

Now, she's an awesome character, why don't make her come back? She has personality, she could work as a warrior or something if she was in the new Spyro games...
Maybe they just didn't want to ruin her, lol
---
http://kaylathedragoness.deviantart.com/ (My Deviantart)
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#2 Posted: 20:42:04 17/02/2010
Quote: Sakuyamon
I wonder why, when Insomniac did its biggest error in life (IMHO, gave Spyro to other programmers), Elora never came back in the games?
I mean, Bentley, Sgt. Bird, Bianca, Agent 9, Sheila, Hunter (that just become a lynx in the newest Spyro games, he does not even resemble a cheetah/jaguar [as translated in my version of the classic games]...) They all had another appearance in the games.
BUT ELORA.

Now, she's an awesome character, why don't make her come back? She has personality, she could work as a warrior or something if she was in the new Spyro games...
Maybe they just didn't want to ruin her, lol

plz don't blame Insomniac for selling Spyro to other companies,Universal owned his licence and sold him ,NOT Insomniac(they just made the games)
Elora is an awsome character but If they decide to continue with the Tlos I personally wouldn't like them to introduce anymore old characters
Becouse they would probably change them completly.

I mean look what happened to Hunter!He's nothing like he was before,in fact it's like they made a whole new character despite the fact they named him Hunter the cheetah,probably just to get more old Hunter fans.And yes it's true he doesn't look anything like a cheetah,actually none of the pplz in the 'Cheetah village' do.

If they would ever introduce her in the TLoS,they would probably change her character to more ZOMgEPICseriuousss!!1 which would kill her original personality(which was awsome smilie)
so yeh... thats my oppinion on this D:

But if they make a classic spyro-style game they should deffinitely bring her back smilie!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:46:01 17/02/2010 by Kimbia28
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#3 Posted: 20:47:17 17/02/2010
Honestly, I don't see what people's problem with LOS Hunter is... I hated him in Original Spyro, but that's my opinion...
Sakuyamon Blue Sparx Gems: 920
#4 Posted: 21:11:03 17/02/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote:
plz don't blame Insomniac for selling Spyro to other companies,Universal owned his licence and sold him ,NOT Insomniac(they just made the games)
Elora is an awsome character but If they decide to continue with the Tlos I personally wouldn't like them to introduce anymore old characters
Becouse they would probably change them completly.

Oh, I thought Universal made the games and Insomniac had the licence.
(Kinda the opposite, lol. *feels stupid*)
You're right. It's exactly what I wanted to say (with irony) in the spoiler box.

Quote:
I mean look what happened to Hunter!He's nothing like he was before,in fact it's like they made a whole new character despite the fact they named him Hunter the cheetah,probably just to get more old Hunter fans.And yes it's true he doesn't look anything like a cheetah,actually none of the pplz in the 'Cheetah village' do.

Again, I agree with you.
He just become his exact opposite: from the ingenuous, happy cheetah/jaguar he was he turned into a serious, dark character.
(Like the entire TLoS series, that for me are full of cliche and Harry Potter things *brick'd*)

Quote:
If they would ever introduce her in the TLoS,they would probably change her character to more ZOMgEPICseriuousss!!1 which would kill her original personality(which was awsome smilie)
so yeh... thats my oppinion on this D:

It's true. Same of Hunter.
I agree with you on many points - I just wanted to know why Elora actually appears in only two games, not only in the TLoS series. smilie

Quote:
Honestly, I don't see what people's problem with LOS Hunter is... I hated him in Original Spyro, but that's my opinion...

As a classic!Spyro fan, I was surprised to see him like this in the newest games. I still like him, but less than before.
Everyone has their opinions, no one will blame you for having yours. :3
---
http://kaylathedragoness.deviantart.com/ (My Deviantart)
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#5 Posted: 21:26:59 17/02/2010
She had to many pubes lol smilie
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#6 Posted: 22:26:32 17/02/2010
Because they wanted to make a whole new wrold in the new spyro games, and that included cutting out most of the chracters. They porbaly included Hunter because he was so popular. I don;t mind that Elora's not back. I find her annoying.
neonspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 651
#7 Posted: 22:54:33 17/02/2010
D: whoa, mental image.......
---
Cynder loves Spyro! They're gonna have a happy family with cute little eggs :3 ITS NOT THE END!(I'm actually crying!My DA: Draconicmaster.deviantart.com
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#8 Posted: 00:53:19 19/02/2010
The humour of it is that Elora is a faun and her lower body is covered in hair.
pony_girl24 Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#9 Posted: 01:09:47 19/02/2010
smilieVSsmilie major smack down
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#10 Posted: 02:28:37 19/02/2010
Quote: Sakuyamon
I mean, Bentley, Sgt. Bird, Bianca, Agent 9, Sheila, Hunter They all had another appearance in the games.
BUT ELORA.

correction: she didnt come back YET!!!!
---
You gotta believe!
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#11 Posted: 05:41:26 24/02/2010
Just to reiterate:
Universal = Spyro license/franchise creator/holder and copyright ownder

Insomniac = game developer/maker

I miss Elora, too. There were plans to bring her into one of the handheld games (I think it was Attack of the Rhynocs), but the team ran out of time and a fourth game was never optioned in that small series.

When it comes to the other Spyro games, I'm kind of glad Elora didn't wind up in them. What was done to the Spyro characters in AHT is something of a travesty (though a very funny one if you look at it the right way smilie), and the less said about LoS, the better. I do think LoS would have been marginally improved with the addition of at least one other female character, though, and it would have been neat to at least see Krome or EL's take on Elora's design (say what you will about Hunter's personality, his designs from both companies were pretty cool).

It's possible we might see Elora come back, but I kind of doubt it. She was Spyro's original love interest (no, really; that's what she was created to be according to her designer, though they scaled that back a little bit within the games themselves), but the recent games have put most of their energy into beating us over the head with Cynder being the only girl for Spyro. I imagine they either didn't want to include Elora because she might be seen as a "threat" to the Spyro/Cynder OTP, or they just didn't think about it. I'm pretty certain that the LoS development team never actually played any of the Insomniac games, so it's not impossible that they had no idea who she was and simply just re-tooled Ember to create Cynder because they thought she was Spyro's main squeeze from the older games.

In short, it'd be fun to see Elora come back. That is probably the only reason I would pay for any future Spyro games at this point.
Wolfie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 748
#12 Posted: 07:12:56 24/02/2010
to tell you the truth to me dotd hunter reminded me of aragon form lotr so if that was the case than elora would be like arwen in a way?
---
Matter of opinion!
Wolf mania!!!!!!!!!!
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#13 Posted: 07:16:13 24/02/2010
^ I never heard of them smilie
neonspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 651
#14 Posted: 08:48:38 24/02/2010
You've not seen lord of the rings?
---
Cynder loves Spyro! They're gonna have a happy family with cute little eggs :3 ITS NOT THE END!(I'm actually crying!My DA: Draconicmaster.deviantart.com
#15 Posted: 08:58:57 24/02/2010
no... smilie smilie
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#16 Posted: 11:50:35 24/02/2010
Quote: Wolfie1
to tell you the truth to me dotd hunter reminded me of aragon form lotr so if that was the case than elora would be like arwen in a way?

yea Hunter in tlos really does remind of aragon from lotro xD lulz
Night Owl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1942
#17 Posted: 16:12:31 24/02/2010
Meh. I don't really like Elora, but thats just my opinion. I don't think she'd fit into the new games anyway. I mean, Hunter had a background and was used in TEN and DOTD, whereas they'd just have to have Elora randomly pop up in the next game if they wanted her in it.
---
Back from hibernation.
#18 Posted: 03:10:47 25/02/2010
LoS Hunter like Aragorn? Pfft, ha! smilie He just wishes. Elora wouldn't be much like Arwen unless she was somehow Bianca's replacement and, thus, Hunter's love interest.

Keep in mind that Hunter's LoS "background" was constructed from whole cloth for that series (well, okay, technically they just took a bunch of cliches and slapped them on him like everything else, but you know what I mean). They did the same thing with Spyro himself, and Sparx. It wouldn't have been any different for them to do that with other characters from the older games and it probably would have made them a lot better.

Getting other characters to fit into the LoS setting is easy and it astounds me that the game makers themselves didn't/couldn't do what any 10-year-old with an imagination would.

Elora 1
Elora 2
Sheila
Bianca
#19 Posted: 08:29:23 26/02/2010
Quote: Razz
LoS Hunter like Aragorn? Pfft, ha! smilie He just wishes. Elora wouldn't be much like Arwen unless she was somehow Bianca's replacement and, thus, Hunter's love interest.

Keep in mind that Hunter's LoS "background" was constructed from whole cloth for that series (well, okay, technically they just took a bunch of cliches and slapped them on him like everything else, but you know what I mean). They did the same thing with Spyro himself, and Sparx. It wouldn't have been any different for them to do that with other characters from the older games and it probably would have made them a lot better.

Getting other characters to fit into the LoS setting is easy and it astounds me that the game makers themselves didn't/couldn't do what any 10-year-old with an imagination would.

Elora 1
Elora 2
Sheila
Bianca

sorta off-topic (my post), but those pictures are cool. smilie
#20 Posted: 08:48:09 26/02/2010
Thanks. smilie I did a lot of Spyro art back in the day. I still draw Elora every now and then.
#21 Posted: 08:48:58 26/02/2010
oh you drew them? smilie *gives Razz a cookie*
#22 Posted: 08:50:48 26/02/2010
Yay, cookie!
#23 Posted: 08:51:40 26/02/2010
*reluctantly hands Razz a spare smilie plushie*

edit: that went a little off-topic lawl smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:52:00 26/02/2010 by GamingMaster_76
#24 Posted: 14:40:30 26/02/2010
You can keep yours. I have one from another friend already. smilie Now, if you have one of Elora... smilie

Yes. Yes it did. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me