Page 1 of 1
Dear Sierra: Spyro is Single Player, OK? [CLOSED]
Doppel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1244
#1 Posted: 03:09:26 09/02/2010 | Topic Creator
I would like it if the co-op system is thrown out of the window and we return to the single player perspective of Spyro, just like ANB and TEN. This is so that the dumb "locked together" with limited camera angles will be out.

I would like it if there are some levels with either Spyro or Cynder in it.

Spyro is single player. Buying a Spyro game for co-op is like buying a nice car to drive off the cliff.
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#2 Posted: 13:59:01 09/02/2010
Quote: Doppel
I would like it if the co-op system is thrown out of the window and we return to the single player perspective of Spyro, just like ANB and TEN. This is so that the dumb "locked together" with limited camera angles will be out.

Spyro is single player. Buying a Spyro game for co-op is like buying a nice car to drive off the cliff.

You mean like a back and forth method between the two characters? I like that, but I also wouldn't mind an IMPROVED co-op method.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:59:47 09/02/2010 by Cynder_Rox
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#3 Posted: 17:13:37 09/02/2010
I'd like that too, but only if playing as Cynder was different that playing as Spyro. When you play as either dragon, you have flight, melee, four elements and fury. It's exactly the same except the elements do different things and Cynder seems faster and more controlable. Co op would be better with more, varied characters to play as. I could see palying as Hunter in LOS.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#4 Posted: 20:08:33 09/02/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I'd like that too, but only if playing as Cynder was different that playing as Spyro. When you play as either dragon, you have flight, melee, four elements and fury. It's exactly the same except the elements do different things and Cynder seems faster and more controlable. Co op would be better with more, varied characters to play as. I could see palying as Hunter in LOS.

Variety would be nice.D: It's much to similar, and I'm sure that's one of the reasons why co-op failed.

That, and constantly getting one or the other characters stuck in all the nooks and crannies.
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#5 Posted: 20:13:49 09/02/2010
Yes. Spyro should be the more elemental one and Cynder could use combat.
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#6 Posted: 20:42:40 09/02/2010
yeah the co op was nice good feature. Ok maybe it was the best co op but it can be improved. its like redesigning a new car. the new redesigned car looks nice and all but its going to have a few problems that were over looked. I should know I was a Nissan Tech hahaha. But when the next years model comes out they fix those problems, maybe if the next game is co op it will be improved.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#7 Posted: 20:52:45 09/02/2010
I didn't mind the co-op, but I got annoyed at the fact you couldn't see yourself half the time when fighting. smilie It would be neat if you could play as various characters, like Hunter, or maybe one of the guardians. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:53:40 09/02/2010 by Dragon Lover
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#8 Posted: 22:11:11 09/02/2010
I liked co-op, theres not many games I like that have co-op.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#9 Posted: 22:13:55 09/02/2010
Quote: Byrn
I liked co-op, theres not many games I like that have co-op.

Yeah same here.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#10 Posted: 22:32:52 09/02/2010

I HAVE AGREEMENT! [User Posted Image]
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#11 Posted: 22:53:40 09/02/2010

They did give you the bloody option to go solo. If you don't want to play co-op, no one is forcing you. But I will admit they need to improve the co-op..
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#12 Posted: 23:22:32 09/02/2010
The Co-op was pretty bad. Heck, the entire game was bad, but that's not my point. The AI hardly did anything when playing alone, and often just acted as a glitched dead weight to pull around on a chain. I do like co-op in a game - But no co-op is better than co-op done wrong.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#13 Posted: 23:26:41 09/02/2010
That's why I said they should improve it.
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#14 Posted: 23:31:53 09/02/2010
I know, and I agree.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#15 Posted: 06:17:21 10/02/2010
Yep they should improve it. but hey for a first attempt in a spyro game it was a good idea. Just needs to be worked on.
---
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#16 Posted: 19:15:34 10/02/2010

i agree
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#17 Posted: 20:29:38 10/02/2010
I dissagree that they should get rid of the co-op completly but I do agree that they should improve it. Something like they included in the recent Lego Indiana Jones game (link) where the screen would split if the players got to far away from eachother. Not exactly like that ofcourse, but something along those lines would make it easier, and would also add partialy to the freeroaming aspect (in a way) so that you're not tied to being near the other player all the time...
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#18 Posted: 20:33:02 10/02/2010

ditto
It was a dumb idea imo
I hope the next game doesn't have co-op =/
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#19 Posted: 20:34:23 10/02/2010
Since the tether is no longer around Spyro and Cynder's neck to keep them from going apart, I wonder how they'll do the co-op in the next game. If they add co-op that is.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#20 Posted: 20:53:37 10/02/2010
Quote: Aura24
Since the tether is no longer around Spyro and Cynder's neck to keep them from going apart, I wonder how they'll do the co-op in the next game. If they add co-op that is.

I gave a suggestion in my last post with the link... Something along those lines...
#21 Posted: 20:57:11 10/02/2010
Quote: bionicle2809
I dissagree that they should get rid of the co-op completly but I do agree that they should improve it. Something like they included in the recent Lego Indiana Jones game (link) where the screen would split if the players got to far away from eachother. Not exactly like that ofcourse, but something along those lines would make it easier, and would also add partialy to the freeroaming aspect (in a way) so that you're not tied to being near the other player all the time...

I like that 'screen split' thing. I dunno about putting it on DotD but it sounds pretty cool to me.
#22 Posted: 21:10:07 10/02/2010
Quote: Dragon Lover

I like that 'screen split' thing. I dunno about putting it on DotD but it sounds pretty cool to me.

I think if they ever did make something like that in Spyro they should change it a bit, but yeah... You get what I mean...
#23 Posted: 23:40:07 10/02/2010
yeah sounds like a good idea. the co op made it abit more fun. in my personal chioce though. Its not a bad idea at all. Bad idea was the fact you had to charge your elements with crystals.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#24 Posted: 00:16:28 11/02/2010
Split screen co-op is a bad idea. The smaller space on the screen always screws me over somehow. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#25 Posted: 22:59:51 11/02/2010
Quote: Dragon Lover

I think if they ever did make something like that in Spyro they should change it a bit, but yeah... You get what I mean...

Agree.
shadowdragon5 Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#26 Posted: 02:19:51 12/02/2010
split screen co op screws me up 2, im 2 used 2 playing alone. it sounds nice tho being able 2 go were u wanna go without draggin the other player.
---
Aww, I wanted to explode.
#27 Posted: 02:23:48 12/02/2010
Quote: shadowdragon5
split screen co op screws me up 2, im 2 used 2 playing alone. it sounds nice tho being able 2 go were u wanna go without draggin the other player.

Well, it is called 'co-op' for a reason... smilie
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#28 Posted: 02:32:21 12/02/2010
Why? It has virtually no impact on the playing experience when you are in single player mode other than you can switch characters. Co-op on one machine has always had problems, so the co-op is DotD (from what little I saw of it) is decent. It could be improved, but it is not like it ruins the game.

(As a note, they would have had to do alot of things diffrently if they had gone with split-screen; such as less linear levels.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:35:36 12/02/2010 by Gwenio
#29 Posted: 02:33:58 12/02/2010
Quote: Gwenio
Why? It has virtually no impact on the playing experience when you are in single player mode other than you can switch characters. Co-op on one machine has always had problems, so the co-op is DotD (from what little I saw of it) is decent. It could be improved, but it is not like it ruins the game.

I was thinking that while playing DotD earlier.
#30 Posted: 02:54:42 12/02/2010
I guess everyone can agree that it can be improved. But it certaintly doesn't ruin the game, its just something different for sure. And really for the first time, its the only Spyro game that is 2 player. its fun at least for me it is.
---
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#31 Posted: 02:59:04 12/02/2010
There were quite a few people asking for a Spyro and Cynder co-op option on Sierra's forum after ANB was released...
#32 Posted: 04:20:23 12/02/2010
Then that says the game developers do listen. Hopefully they can continue the co op but with online co op. that would be cool if that was possible.
---
Apoc Gold Sparx Gems: 2941
#33 Posted: 18:08:18 12/02/2010

No..Split-screen! I hate split-screen co-op! Worst idea since adding an internet feature to a console or Project Natal.
---
DarkSpyro's resident "cool person" except there's nothing cool about me.
I've been here since god knows when and ask any old heads about me.
Doppel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1244
#34 Posted: 22:24:47 12/02/2010 | Topic Creator
Actually, internet online play is great. But back on topic...

The Legend of Spyro is based on Storytelling. That's it. It's not a multiplayer game.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#35 Posted: 22:28:06 12/02/2010
i want the multiplayer either improved or removed IF it's in the next game. online co- op might work if it's just a bunch of bonus stages you can unlock and not the actual storyline levels (unless you can unlock them too).
#36 Posted: 22:30:55 12/02/2010
Actually, internet online play is great. But back on topic...

The Legend of Spyro is based on Storytelling. That's it. It's not a multiplayer game.

Hmm, that would be a good idea they could do... A multiplayer where you customise your Dragon that you play as in the same way as Spyro's lair... And who knows, Activision might push it to that direction...
#37 Posted: 23:34:38 12/02/2010
Thank you Boinicle for suggesting that. I've said that many times haha. I think it would be a good idea as a online co-op idea or something along the lines there.
---
#38 Posted: 03:57:14 13/02/2010
I don't play online, I'm too busy listening to music
---
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#39 Posted: 12:38:01 13/02/2010
I liked the co-op smilie
spyromaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2395
#40 Posted: 17:17:33 16/02/2010
whats wrong with split screen?!
---
Dont worry, we all make mistakes. But remember we're not machines, we're only human.
#41 Posted: 18:57:41 16/02/2010
Nothing.
#42 Posted: 20:18:39 16/02/2010
Quote: spyromaster
whats wrong with split screen?!

I just hate it
---
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#43 Posted: 19:28:54 17/02/2010
Doppel unblock me you are too much of a God
#44 Posted: 19:56:24 17/02/2010
Like they're are going change anything now Doppel. Sorry, but it's the truth
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me