Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Cynder and Gaul [CLOSED]
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#1 Posted: 18:30:16 03/12/2007 | Topic Creator
I was just wondering in the bath today. When Cynder was evil, was she also a leader to Gaul, or was he and The Dark Master both leaders to Cynder? Please, repond!
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#2 Posted: 20:50:16 03/12/2007
Gaul and the Dark Master were both leaders of Cynder. Gaul was around when she was hatched, and he led the raid on the night of Spyro's hatching.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#3 Posted: 20:55:52 03/12/2007
I think, for a time, Gaul was above Cynder in rank. But once she'd been fully corrupted, she was above Gaul, second only to the Dark Master. She has her own fortress, whereas Gaul is just a wanderer (even if he is leading an army).

Also, um, hi. I'm back. smilie
#4 Posted: 10:49:59 04/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Welcome back Razz.
And both thanks for telling me.
---
Dagnabbit.
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#5 Posted: 21:34:11 04/12/2007
Yeah, like there was the DM, then Cynder and then Gaul was like a general to Cydner.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#6 Posted: 02:17:45 05/12/2007
Quote:
I think, for a time, Gaul was above Cynder in rank. But once she'd been fully corrupted, she was above Gaul, second only to the Dark Master. She has her own fortress, whereas Gaul is just a wanderer (even if he is leading an army).

Also, um, hi. I'm back.

Come to think of it, I think you're right.
SFRB Green Sparx Gems: 218
#7 Posted: 04:17:44 05/12/2007
Quote: Crush
I was just wondering in the bath today. When Cynder was evil, was she also a leader to Gaul, or was he and The Dark Master both leaders to Cynder? Please, repond!

OH CRUD D:
In ther bath?
WOAH thats random.....i has a feeling that you and I shall get along smilie
---
RED'S WORSE NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!*laughs like a madman and falls off chair*
YO MA HOMAIES!!!!!teh Spyro Hippy's in da HOUSE!!!!
#8 Posted: 07:09:50 05/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Quote: SFRB

OH CRUD D:
In ther bath?

Yup, SFRB!smilie
---
Dagnabbit.
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12141
#9 Posted: 07:11:17 05/12/2007
Quote: SFRB

OH CRUD D:
In ther bath?

Can I have a translation!
#10 Posted: 09:24:06 05/12/2007
um BOT plz????
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#11 Posted: 23:35:22 06/12/2007
hai SFRB!

I speak passable SFRB. She says: "Oh, dang! In the bath?! That is very random. I have a feeling you and I will get along nicely." smilie

And BOT. Um...what else is there really to say?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#12 Posted: 02:31:38 07/12/2007
Cynder took all orders from Gaul...

...he also used his magic to mutate Cynder into her adult form. ;>.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#13 Posted: 08:24:25 07/12/2007
^ yeah, that's right, man that must have PO'ed Spyro.
---
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12141
#14 Posted: 12:17:42 07/12/2007
Quote: Razz
hai SFRB!

I speak passable SFRB. She says: "Oh, dang! In the bath?! That is very random. I have a feeling you and I will get along nicely." smilie

And BOT. Um...what else is there really to say?

eww....
#15 Posted: 05:26:18 08/12/2007
After re-playing ANB and working on a re-play of TEN and doing some thinking, it's possible that Cynder and Gaul were equal in rank. Both appeared to be leading separate armies, at least, but both were under the command of the Dark Master. Cynder was leading a more sedentary, mostly occupational force while Gaul was leading the army that took over areas. Or they combined forces during ANB... Hmmm...
SinisterGirl Fodder
#16 Posted: 20:28:22 09/12/2007
Cynder is way better then Gaul!!!! But Gaul as more power overd her. *Sobs*
jamieque Blue Sparx Gems: 766
#17 Posted: 05:30:42 16/01/2008
Actually, Razz is right. Cynder and Gaul were equal in rank however the Dark Master had his eye on Cynder more then Gaul since only she could release him being a dragon who was born in the Year of the Dragon. As for Gaul corrupting her with his power... um no. The Dark Master used Gaul as a link to physical world. In other words Gaul's powers came from the Dark Master himself. Gaul had some magic but most of it was artificial in nature.
#18 Posted: 21:03:23 16/01/2008
I almost feel bad for Gaul. He was a pawn in the Dark Master's game and I think he knew it, especially once Cynder came into the picture. She was destined to be the DM's mate and return to power while Gaul was just a means to an end. He had to watch his power fade away as Cynder became increasingly strong. I bet he was pretty thrilled when Spyro came along and gave him a chance to at least see Cynder killed (though I don't think the DM would have done so; the Chronicler himself said that she would willingly go back to him if the choice was presented to her).
#19 Posted: 02:45:43 17/01/2008
I liked Gaul's pure evil personality... and his battle music. I wish they'd hurry up with a soundtrack already. <.<;
---
#20 Posted: 15:56:55 17/01/2008
I almost feel bad for Gaul. He was a pawn in the Dark Master's game and I think he knew it, especially once Cynder came into the picture. She was destined to be the DM's mate and return to power while Gaul was just a means to an end. He had to watch his power fade away as Cynder became increasingly strong. I bet he was pretty thrilled when Spyro came along and gave him a chance to at least see Cynder killed (though I don't think the DM would have done so; the Chronicler himself said that she would willingly go back to him if the choice was presented to her).

...Mate!? Where the hell did you get that? I certainly don't remember that from the game, and if it was, I surly would have remembered. But I do remember what The Chronicler said about how Cynder would go back to the Dark Master if given the chance. Still, I think that's from the corruption; she's probably so used to being on the dark/evil side that she quite possibly likes it more than being a 'hero'.
#21 Posted: 21:30:53 17/01/2008
It's not hard to put two and two together. She's a girl dragon, the DM is male. He turned her sexy. It is possible that he's going to destroy the world and re-make everything in his image. And his goal is stated as being the destruction of the entire dragon race but, since he himself is a dragon, I have always suspected that this is just phase one in his plan to re-shape the world to his liking.

Cynder seems confused about being on the side of good. I think you're right on that one. Being good is so unnatural to her that she probably would go back to evil just because it's the easy thing to do. But Spyro keeps giving her a reason to find out more about this whole being on the side of good thing.
#22 Posted: 00:11:58 18/01/2008
Although, if the DM WAS stupid enough to try a stunt like that, then Spyro would kick his *beep* because then he would be sooooooooo PO'ed. lol
---
#23 Posted: 23:09:01 18/01/2008
It's not hard to put two and two together. She's a girl dragon, the DM is male. He turned her sexy. It is possible that he's going to destroy the world and re-make everything in his image. And his goal is stated as being the destruction of the entire dragon race but, since he himself is a dragon, I have always suspected that this is just phase one in his plan to re-shape the world to his liking.

Cynder seems confused about being on the side of good. I think you're right on that one. Being good is so unnatural to her that she probably would go back to evil just because it's the easy thing to do. But Spyro keeps giving her a reason to find out more about this whole being on the side of good thing.

Hmm, good points. The Dark Master couldn't destroy the dragon race without destroying himself, so that's quite a stupid statement. I think he'll reshape the world as he wishes to (at least try).

Quote: SpyroxCynder
Although, if the DM WAS stupid enough to try a stunt like that, then Spyro would kick his *beep* because then he would be sooooooooo PO'ed. lol

TT;
#24 Posted: 02:48:49 19/01/2008
Quote: Shrazer320

TT;

*agrees with Shrazer*
---
Ross Gold Sparx Gems: 2159
#25 Posted: 17:56:07 19/01/2008
...since he himself is a dragon...

Wait... DM's a dragon?
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#26 Posted: 18:24:07 19/01/2008
I do sort of agree with the above of Cynder being confused on being on the good side, but doubt it.
Here is my theory:

Back in the past where Cynder was corrupted, do you reckon that if in a situation that she saw a part of her army about to get killed by the enemy side, do you reckon she would save them or like to see those pathetic apes suffer a horrible death? Being evil, I think she would like to see apes have horrible death, that would make her evil self feel good.

Now comes to little Cynder. In the mountain of Malefor, she saw Spyro, in the soul beam as Razz calls it, suffering from being corrupted and turning evil like she was in the past. She doen't want to remind of herself of the past. What she really wants deep inside of her is a clean future with no evil and to have a friend by her side that would help her no matter what.

Having thought that, Cynder then saves Spyro from being fully corrupted. She feels good about herself from saving someone from a horrific nd evil fate the she had experienced in the past. Now when Malefor was collapsing, Spyro was hurt inside and wanted Cynder and Sparx to go without him. Spyro was being a true friend to Cynder, Spyro was the first ever friend that she ever had, and is determined that she would not leave the collapsing mountain until both her and Spyro (and Sparx) got out safely.

So really, It could be the other way round.
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#27 Posted: 19:26:32 19/01/2008
Quote: Ross

Wait... DM's a dragon?

Yes. He's the very first purple dragon. It says so in TEN.
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
#28 Posted: 22:31:53 19/01/2008

Wait... DM's a dragon?

That was very convincing sarcasm, Ross.
---
Ross Gold Sparx Gems: 2159
#29 Posted: 22:47:44 19/01/2008
I wasn't being sarcastic...

I didn't know the Chronicler was talking about DM when he said about the first purple dragon.

Me and my listening skills.
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
#30 Posted: 22:48:54 19/01/2008
*falls down, anime style* x.o
---
#31 Posted: 02:58:47 20/01/2008
Quote: HIR
Quote: Shrazer320

TT;

*agrees with Shrazer*

*hugs*

I wasn't being sarcastic...

I didn't know the Chronicler was talking about DM when he said about the first purple dragon.

Me and my listening skills.

*falls over with HIR*
#32 Posted: 02:59:42 20/01/2008
smilie That's strange...
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
#33 Posted: 03:04:45 20/01/2008
You make some good points, EternalSpyro, and I think she did do what she did for Spyro largely because he is her friend. But I think she also did it because she knows what it feels like to be consumed by darkness and she would never wish that on anyone else.

As Dark Cynder, one could make the case that her mind and judgment was somewhat clouded by the dark influence. She did wicked things because she liked to but also because they served her master (and I suspect that she'd do anything to get back at those apes). In a battle, she would likely help her side of the two armies, though. It would be tactically foolish to do otherwise. But, if she was lounging around at home and just felt like pushing an ape off a cliff for fun, I have no doubt she'd do it.

Without the Dark Master's powers hanging over her, her mind is clear, but Cynder still has her upbringing to contend with. She wasn't raised by dragons or by friendly dragonflies. She grew up surrounded by wickedness. To her, some very horrible things likely seem normal. I think it's a very big adjustment to learn that Spyro and the Guardians live very differently from the savage apes she grew up with. She has to re-learn morality (because the apes would have taught her their ways, which, to them, are the only way to survive).
#34 Posted: 03:08:46 20/01/2008
Wow, that's so true, Razz! ^ I totally agree with that!
---
#35 Posted: 18:12:56 20/01/2008
I spend a lot of time thinking about these things, which is good because I'm apparently writing one hundred short stories about Cynder's life up until the end of TEN. smilie
#36 Posted: 03:25:17 23/01/2008
100?! Well... good luck with that!

It seems you have the proper attention span for that much writing... unlike a certain HIR I know... e_e
---
#37 Posted: 22:55:19 23/01/2008
It's possible that I might have the proper atten...ooo, is that Gaul?! *wanders away from Cynder* smilie (I've got AD/HD and I struggle with writing. I hope to keep going with the Cynder 100, though, since each story is supposed to be one hundred words or less. We'll have to see how long my interest holds out. The first story is up, though.)
#38 Posted: 01:59:28 24/01/2008
I saw it... quick glance. Took a few seconds to read. <.<;
---
#39 Posted: 05:31:10 24/01/2008
Where can I find the story?
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
Dragran Blue Sparx Gems: 546
#40 Posted: 05:38:58 24/01/2008
http://razzek.deviantart.com/a...nnings-75081884

I think Razz is referring to that, EternalSpyro.
---
#41 Posted: 06:45:31 24/01/2008
Quote: Dragran
http://razzek.deviantart.com/a...nnings-75081884

I think Razz is referring to that, EternalSpyro.

Now I remember smilie
---
#42 Posted: 20:40:12 24/01/2008
Yep, that'd be the one. Now if only it took a few seconds to write... smilie Well, okay, five minutes isn't so bad, but still... I'm inherently lazy. smilie
fantasy lover Fodder
#43 Posted: 22:12:16 27/01/2008
Yeah, you find that out durring the game:
The chronicler tells his story when you get to the celestial temple
Last edited at 21:28:49 28/01/2008 by dark52
fantasy lover Fodder
#44 Posted: 22:13:22 27/01/2008
Drat! I can't remember how the spoiler thing works.smilie
#45 Posted: 21:14:20 28/01/2008
Just remove the "end" from your final spoiler tag and it should work right.
fantasy lover Fodder
#46 Posted: 23:21:03 29/01/2008
oh, ok thanxsmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me