Page 1 of 1
--- [CLOSED]
hunter Blue Sparx Gems: 767
#1 Posted: 16:37:37 02/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Last edited at 15:18:38 02/08/2008 by hunter
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#2 Posted: 17:45:12 02/12/2007
I have seen some of them, and they are pretty good!
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#3 Posted: 19:28:20 02/12/2007
I have watched some of them, too smilie
It's funny look videos again, and now I am playing game again with Dark Spyro.
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#4 Posted: 21:37:33 03/12/2007
What? Are you talking about the YouTube videos?
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#5 Posted: 00:11:57 04/12/2007
Crashpro got into trouble at Crash Mania because of his "Crash Timeline" segments on the basis of putting together "fanon theories" that were often shrugged upon by the Crash community, and I think it's a bit of a mistake trying to do a "Spyro Timeline" since we have no idea what's going to happen with LoS3 at this moment in time and that he could very well go down the same road.

That, and why does he block some of the gameplay recordings with giant wordart-like text at times? It's actually pretty annoying.
crashpro Gold Sparx Gems: 2027
#6 Posted: 05:20:51 04/12/2007
Yeah, first of all, it's called a "timeline", second of all, I use the text to explain situations, yeah, it's there for a reason. I use it to EXPLAIN. The game can't explain anything when it comes to Crash. I use research. The Legend of Spyro on the other hand is too new, so I don't use the text as much.

I'm just getting rid of the first two parts so I don't have to do so many at random times, and people are happier when I get them done on time.

If you want, check them out here: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=crashpro3&search_query=Spyro+Timeline+Part

And I bet all the people who disagreed back then agree with me now, considering that I have never seen a single complaint... except for the occasional "I don't watch the other timeline parts, so I don't know what's happening" people.

If this was a collection of videos, I wouldn't call it a timeline, easy as pie...

If you have questions (make sure you watched the parts, and understand the conditions of game releases)

Post here.
Last edited at 05:22:20 04/12/2007 by crashpro
#7 Posted: 11:09:27 04/12/2007
Quote: crashpro
Yeah, first of all, it's called a "timeline", second of all, I use the text to explain situations, yeah, it's there for a reason. I use it to EXPLAIN. The game can't explain anything when it comes to Crash. I use research. The Legend of Spyro on the other hand is too new, so I don't use the text as much.

I do see that you tend to use text to explain, but why do you have to make it so big? I took a Multimedia class in my final year, and if there's anything that works with the presentation of such media products, giant text isn't really an option per se. It's like opening a book and finding out all the text is the same size as what you expect from a newspaper heading.

Quote: "crashpro"
And I bet all the people who disagreed back then agree with me now, considering that I have never seen a single complaint... except for the occasional "I don't watch the other timeline parts, so I don't know what's happening" people.

Even if that's the case, people could still find much to disagree. In the end, timelines are just that - theories from the fans; fictional research.
Heck, I've yet to play The Eternal Night (no convicing otherwise, please, I'm happy with getting it myself) and I have a nagging feeling that the Chronicler will be a bigger key character than I thought, even for the third game. But should it be mentioned in a fictional timeline, when we don't know what will happen next?
Last edited at 11:10:17 04/12/2007 by Rexy
#8 Posted: 23:47:26 06/12/2007
I didn't see any point to putting the text on the videos (the ones I watched) because the videos explain themselves just fine. The text is actually very distracting, jarring, and yes, annoying. You'd do better to explain your ideas in the section beside the video that lists the information. You could go into actual detail that way.

My experience watching the timeline? "Why's it called 'timeline'? Oh well. I wanted to see this scene again to double check something, and...AUGH! GIANT PURPLE TEXT WTF?! MY EYES! Crud. What was I doing again? Meh. *switches tab and just listens to video instead*".
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#9 Posted: 02:28:37 07/12/2007
I've seen every single one of them. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#10 Posted: 02:49:54 08/12/2007
To hunter: What's the point? Checkout my channel, and then look at my recent videos by click the amount of videos I have, they are in order there, as well as the rest of my videos I've made.

To Razz: I call it a timeline, because I explain which game comes in where, I'm better with the Crash timeline, because my theories are close to rock solid, and MANY people agree with this timeline. I'm trying the Spyro Timeline now, because I've been asked to by my fans, and I've noticed that my subscribers are going up quick, about 3-5 more per day. I've been working my butt off making these timelines the past month. My video editor takes 1-2 hours to download, and recording took about 2 days, because my computer was ready to set on fire, and couldn't record for more than .3 seconds. Now that I see that what I do is crap in your so called brain, YOUR BLOCKED, that is if you have a YouTube account, which you do, but don't have a single video or subscriber.
#11 Posted: 05:39:50 08/12/2007
Dang, mellow out CrashPro. When did I say they were crap? I said you might want to consider elaborating on your ideas in the sidebar where you can give more detail, instead of putting hard-to-read, distracting text directly into the videos.

The videos are fine (except for the text) and nice to watch, though I confess I don't see how anyone could be confused about the order in which the newest games fit (what with TEN being the direct sequel to ANB and all). Oh well. *shrug* I can still watch them by logging off YouTube. I don't know what blocking me is supposed to do, except show everyone that you're overreacting.

Yes, I do have a YouTube account. I signed up for the sole reason of being able to make comments on videos that were stealing art and let the users know that it was discourteous to the artists and their viewers. It seems to be helping, and I've made a few friends that way. I hope you blocked the right user. I'm not the only Razz on YouTube, you know.
#12 Posted: 22:21:35 10/12/2007
Oh, Crashpro, I'm pretty sure you blocked the wrong YouTube user. My name is not "Razz" on YouTube and, last I checked, I can still see your videos and comment on them. On the off chance that whoever you banned is a Spyro fan, you might want to unblock them.
#13 Posted: 08:48:35 11/12/2007
This is what he does. We give him criticism no matter how small and he lets off steam. Please calm down - we aren't taking the piss or anything. >.>
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#14 Posted: 11:10:25 11/12/2007
I don't get what the big deal is, I just watched a few of his Spyro ones, and they wern't that bad. Trust me, I have heard WAY crazier theories before.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#15 Posted: 11:29:50 11/12/2007
It's not about the theories, it's about how he presents them. I'd rather hear commentary than see giant text covering the scene up (and if any text should be there at all, it should be subtitle text).
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#16 Posted: 11:50:38 11/12/2007
i don't mind it, really, it's just text.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#17 Posted: 13:49:50 11/12/2007
Jumping on the bandwagon...

I'm with Razz and Rexy here ; the theories are not crazy but the presentation is absolutely awful. Not only is the text gigantic and in the middle of the screen more often than not (thus being extra-distracting) but it's also purple, which means that it manage to be hard to read despite covering most of the screen.

Oh and... my own personnal big beef is that there's CONSTANTLY text. When there's nothing to explain, he'll go ahead and state the obvious, even if it means cutting his statement into parts to fit the duration of the cutscene. The worst offender is probably TEN's ending, which is pretty self-explanatory. Yet, he feels that it's absolutely needed to put GIANT TEXT on the screen, cutting his theory in four statements of one word each in order for it to last the time of the entire cutscene rather than post a clear comment at the beginning and let the cutscene speak by itself.

Commentaries wouldn't be much better in my opinion as they would probably either cover the voice acting of the cutscenes or be too quiet.

In my opinion, he should just post his theories in the video description or something (last I know, YouTube does allow for fairly gigantic video descriptions so space shouldn't be much of an issue) or maybe explain his theories IN-BETWEEN the cutscenes on a black background (in order to make the text readable) rather than covering most of the action with his theories.

Well, that was my take on the topic.

Have a nice day.
Last edited at 13:53:51 11/12/2007 by Zerodius
#18 Posted: 14:29:23 11/12/2007
Quote: Zerodius
Commentaries wouldn't be much better in my opinion as they would probably either cover the voice acting of the cutscenes or be too quiet.

While I see what you're getting at, I ended up thinking of the Jak and Daxter Complete Trilogy DVD, in which Daxter did some commentary during specific scenes of the games. And when he did speak, it was often when the VA track went quiet. Nice explanation though O.o
#19 Posted: 17:28:10 11/12/2007
ZOMG, Rexy, where did you get such a DVD?! o.o I've heard of that one, but never in time to find a copy.

Yes! Thank you Zerodius and Rexy! That's what I was saying. The theories are fine, I'm sure, but there's no way of actually knowing what said theories are because we can't read that obnoxious text. I'd love to find out about what Crashpro thinks, but apparently that's not going to happen.
#20 Posted: 20:40:37 11/12/2007
I don't actually have the DVD; if I really did I would be in America. >.> I just located a torrent of it. (Yes, I suck.)
#21 Posted: 18:52:30 12/12/2007
>.> Where? smilie As far as I've been able to find, the DVD isn't available anymore and I'd love to see it.
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#22 Posted: 07:16:49 13/12/2007
I did have the dvd of it. But can't seem to find it anywhere!!
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
#23 Posted: 04:36:23 16/12/2007
I never blocked anyone, Razz.

If you hate these so much, why watch my timelines?

Anyway, I'm going to create my own topic for this, because timeline is spelt wrong...
#24 Posted: 02:23:23 17/12/2007
Ah. I thought you had blocked me on account of you said you did: "Now that I see that what I do is crap in your so called brain, YOUR BLOCKED, that is if you have a YouTube account, which you do, but don't have a single video or subscriber."

And I don't hate you timeline. Seriously, where are you getting this? I'm just confused by it and I'd like to see it explained better than it is (and more readably).
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me