Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > The Legend Of Spyro or original
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The Legend Of Spyro or original [CLOSED]
dragonboy135 Blue Sparx Gems: 712
#1 Posted: 00:25:46 24/01/2010 | Topic Creator
yet again my curiosity is great, just wondering mine is easily TloS.
---
is it possible that you can move the world... is it possible to jump the stars...... is it possible... that im thinking? smilie OMG thats new!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:48:54 24/01/2010 by dragonboy135
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 00:41:21 24/01/2010
Both Spyro eras are good in their own universe. We don't want start something anything like harsh debates.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
dragonboy135 Blue Sparx Gems: 712
#3 Posted: 00:47:52 24/01/2010 | Topic Creator
im not doing anything like that, im just curious, (my profile p[roves my growing curiosity lol smilie)
---
is it possible that you can move the world... is it possible to jump the stars...... is it possible... that im thinking? smilie OMG thats new!!!
Dark Cynder_27 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6041
#4 Posted: 01:18:11 24/01/2010
Well I always loved the original Spyro.smilie
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#5 Posted: 01:30:48 24/01/2010
I love both. :D They both have their own unique cheery or dark atmospheres. ^^
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#6 Posted: 01:51:40 24/01/2010
Originals.

The LoS series is why kids cut themselves.
xSPYROTHEDRAGON Green Sparx Gems: 435
#7 Posted: 01:54:55 24/01/2010
that depends on people's taste, In my opinion this question shouldn't be asked because they're both kinda the same.
maybe the look and the character have changed a little but this is development..
some people may like the old one more than the new one or the other way round but thats okay, what really makes me go mad is when I read that some people say that they hate the new or the old spyro and call themselves spyro fans. true fans should accept both versions of him and another thing is very important too:
TRUE FANS WOULD NEVER FIGHT EACH OTHER BECAUSE OF DIFFERENT OPINIONS!!!
I saw that very often, not just here but also on many other websites, people that call themselves spyro fans but fight those who aren't their opinion..

about me... I love him, in his old and new version because he's just awesome, no matter what! and noone can and will ever change that!
---
My Deviantart
spirits never die, that why I'll persist forever!
neonspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 651
#8 Posted: 12:08:26 24/01/2010
I just love Spyro I don't care which universe he's in or what format he's on and I love the new characters like cynder and the new hunter as well. I'm a die hard fan, as long as Spyro (or cynder or whatever) are in it, I buy it and love it smilie
---
Cynder loves Spyro! They're gonna have a happy family with cute little eggs :3 ITS NOT THE END!(I'm actually crying!My DA: Draconicmaster.deviantart.com
xx chloebabez Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#9 Posted: 12:15:11 24/01/2010
Both...
Whitedragon Ripto Gems: 963
#10 Posted: 12:35:52 24/01/2010
I hate Legend of Spyro in Gameplay, but the cutscenes are ok.
KZomb Yellow Sparx Gems: 1895
#11 Posted: 18:13:09 24/01/2010
I prefer the Original three Spyros, but I still enjoy the Legend trilogy. :3
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#12 Posted: 18:56:52 24/01/2010
I like them the same :3 but it would be great if original Spyros personality was in the LOS Spyro.
Kusama Yellow Sparx Gems: 1023
#13 Posted: 14:42:15 25/01/2010
As a fan of exploration I'll always prefer original over TLoS. I like originals more also because Spyro has a fine personality, and the jokes are better + voice acting. Voices are really, really good compared to TLoS. I adore the acting of one dragon in Dream Weavers home.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:43:54 25/01/2010 by Kusama
#14 Posted: 16:21:33 25/01/2010
The first free were best.
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#15 Posted: 20:14:21 25/01/2010
I actually have to say, i like TLOS more. It had more aspects in a game I like, such as I hated the fact in the earilier ones they were one or two hit enemies. I liked the storylines more, and the enemies were cooler. The first lot were great, especially AHT, (I LOVED that one) but TLOS fits my gaming type beter
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
#16 Posted: 20:21:46 25/01/2010
TLOS was too quick and wasnt very well done though. Old Spyro in today's games would be fantasic!
#17 Posted: 20:31:23 25/01/2010
Hmmm... they ned harder enemies.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#18 Posted: 20:34:16 25/01/2010
I like LOS the best, but I'm indifferent about which direction they go next.
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#19 Posted: 21:17:15 25/01/2010
i like the legend better but Spyro the dragon is a great game.
#20 Posted: 00:11:44 26/01/2010
since there are so many different opinions they should maybe make it possible to choose which spyro style you want to use...
---
My Deviantart
neonspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 651
#21 Posted: 08:31:21 26/01/2010
Or make TWO games! Yaaaaaay! xD
---
Cynder loves Spyro! They're gonna have a happy family with cute little eggs :3 ITS NOT THE END!(I'm actually crying!My DA: Draconicmaster.deviantart.com
#22 Posted: 11:54:41 26/01/2010
its a little costly isnt it?
---
My Deviantart
#23 Posted: 17:05:01 26/01/2010
Quote: BEST FAN EVER
Hmmm... they ned harder enemies.

It's fun to just charge around into the enemies. I think all you do is press the same button over and over again in Legend of Spyro.
#24 Posted: 19:05:21 26/01/2010
yah, but still, its bewtter than the enemies in the originals. Its fun as being surrounded
---
Shadow_Night Red Sparx Gems: 10
#25 Posted: 19:18:00 26/01/2010
Both...smilie

Original Spyro with your funny enemies and Spyro Legend with your reponsabilitys...

...my opinion smilie
---
I'm a calm person, but not want see me angry smilie
icedragon333 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6076
#26 Posted: 19:24:07 26/01/2010
i like the legend more than the originals though dotd i think was abit messed up
---
No.
cornys Blue Sparx Gems: 665
#27 Posted: 21:09:36 26/01/2010
I have always said both. I defend both too,... just don't have to very ofdten for the orig.
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
http://www.utanks.com/Referral.aspx?ID=241
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#28 Posted: 21:17:20 26/01/2010
Probably TLS because it did the dragon art was good, they added melee combat and more breath attack.
Ratchet Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#29 Posted: 12:32:51 27/01/2010
The Originals, definitely.
13 reasons:
1. Music- THe "Epic" (i dont find it too epic, its just boring choir dark music, i find music like this ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH3GH7Pn_eA) epic), orchestral tunes are nice but i much prefered Stewarts rockin tunes, this is debatable though, and probably is only opinions.
2. Variety in gameplay- In TLOS, there are a few alternations, but it is mainly fight, bit of platforming, more fighting. Sure the fighting has different styles, bust most of them are quite boring like the strafing fireballs.
3. Bosses- I found the Bosses in the original games alot more fun than in TLOS, mostly because you have to use your mind to defeat them, and just not dodge this and repeatably press this button. Besides, in TLOS they reused buttons, ravage rider was steam all dressed up, the elemental dragon was Cynder, the exterminator or whatever is the second boss wrapped up, arborick and the scurvyings/assasins are all very similar engines, and i havn't played Gaul yet, but i bet he'll be a boss already used.
4. Design- TLOS is alot more detailed than the originals, obviously because of the Graphical capabilities, but the creativeness of backgrounds, levels, enemies and characters i found awesome in the originals
5. Comedy- Sparx is the only funny think in TLOS, and i DO find him funy, but the originals always made you smile, most of the Jokes were lame, but still altogether fun
6. Characters- All of the characters in TLOS are stereotypical, there is the Wise OLd Dragon who guides Spyro, Spyro the courageous kind hero, Sparx the funny wisecracking sidekick, Cynder the mysterious girl whos not very wise. Ofcource the originals had some stereotypes aswell but there were so many characters that it was hard to notice, and they were ment to be steretypes. All characters had great personalities though, with all kinds of emotions, you may disagree with me on this if you want. THis point Shouldn't be worried about.
7. Portals, Sparx the health Bar- Sparx the health bar was a very unique feature and some argue that he is unneeded these days, but i think he was great, and alot more believeable actually, even though he was a dragonfly who takes hits. I loved the idea of Portals, and taking them away is just making spyro not spyro anymore. My main point here is that the originals were the only games that spyro really WAS, oh and the first 3 GBA games!
8. Minigames- Some say that Spyro is not a party game, but i say he IS a party game... in disguise. The Minigames made the Spyro games have tonnes of variety, and insure that you do not get bored, they were great. And some provide alot of challenge.
9. Flame- I hated how its limited in TLOS, even if it was needed, Spyro should have unlimited flame
10.Length- TLOS is hell short, and is one of the greatest flaws
11.Levels- Under design, but still, the originals had tonnes and TONNES of level, really unique too. Even though the Levels in TLOS are long, there are only 6 or 7 in each game. THis was to cut down on making palettes, lazy, lazy Krome Studios. The level designs in TLOS are boring, look at ANB, you have the grass area, the snow/icy area, the volcano area, the crystal/electric/castle area.
12.Replay- well after you beat the boring games of ANB or TEN, what can you do? hmmm, ANB you cant do anything but upgrade your breaths, and you get nothing once you do so, and in TEN you can get these quills to get "concept art", a cheapy excuse for a prize which only some will want to take notice to, you can do the "dragon challanges" and unlock dark spyro, and then you can fight fight fight fight more... and its easier, WHAT A PRIZE (sarcastic) . A good Spyro game should have a Primary, secondary and Turshry collectable, or atleast the first 2.
13.Gliding- You can use it much more in the originals, you might as well not have it in TLOS
#30 Posted: 16:11:29 27/01/2010
Rite.... What couldve been summed up in 'I think the Originals rule and TLOS sucks' you know.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#31 Posted: 20:57:19 27/01/2010
Why do these topics keep existing? *grabs popcorn and waits for flame war* <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#32 Posted: 21:31:29 27/01/2010
OLD!

Peole can make whatever topics they like, it never hurts. Harm only comes when idiots don't stay away from topics that they don't like.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#33 Posted: 22:09:55 27/01/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
OLD!

Peole can make whatever topics they like, it never hurts. Harm only comes when idiots don't stay away from topics that they don't like.

Hey, I'm saying I'm willing to put this whole Legend vs. Originals thing to rest... and then somebody decides to go and make another "which series is better and why" topic. Of course my cynical, more pessimistic side jumps at the opportunity to divulge its opinion and bash one series or the other for different reasons. <.<;

In fact, now that I think about it, YOU have tendency to get extraordinarily attracted to topics like these, and then you start an overzealous, radical defense of the Insomniac games which only irritates other people because it sounds like some elitist European justifying imperialism back in the late 19th century (which can be rather irksome). So, perhaps we'll refrain from making any hypocritical statements in the near future, hmm? ^.^b

EDIT:Quote: Shadow_Night
That's write NEW_SpyroLUVA :)

Quote: HIR

To people like you have the face broken >.>

*No offence, I'm just telling the truth*

Sorry, old bean, what you just said made no sense. I'm afraid I don't what "having the face broken," is, though it sounds rather painful. p_o
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:12:21 27/01/2010 by HIR
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#34 Posted: 01:04:34 28/01/2010
OLD!

Who are you calling idiots, SpyroLUVA? You're not superior.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
dragon master Yellow Sparx Gems: 1977
#35 Posted: 01:19:33 28/01/2010
I like the Legend of Spyro series more
---
Juggalo4Life
#36 Posted: 01:29:28 28/01/2010
Quote: Aura24
OLD!

Who are you calling idiots, SpyroLUVA? You're not superior.

I wasn't calling you an idiot. Just the people who KNOW they dislike these topics but still come to them knowing they will get mad and fight.

@HIR: I defend the oldies from overzealous fans who needlessly bash it without a good explanation as to why they dislike it. I was only stating my opinion.

Also, then why did you come to this topic?? If ypu want it to die, posting here isn't the way to make that happen. Anyway, that's all I'm saying, I'm not gonna finght.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:31:06 28/01/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#37 Posted: 01:40:03 28/01/2010
I told you, because I'm a stickler for criticizing genres. ^.^b
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#38 Posted: 04:56:39 28/01/2010
whatever....

i like both equally. ^.^ but maybe the originals just a lllliiiitttle bit better. smilie
#39 Posted: 06:26:04 28/01/2010
Rite.... What couldve been summed up in 'I think the Originals rule and TLOS sucks' you know.

Except with Good reasons. 0_o
LOS fans tend not to want to fight about this because they have nothing to fight for. TLOS is still in production (or atleast we think it is) while Old Spyro fans are still in the dark for nearly 10 years.

Old Spyro fans want to prove to Activision That they REALLY want Old Spyro games, And try to prove to them how they were greater. Also trying to prove it to other fans. Most fans wont be swayed, Especially the ones that grew up or only played one of the 2 series. However, some do (take Razz for an example, she was someone who defended TLOS for everything it was, and...well just as her how she feels now)
#40 Posted: 07:12:50 28/01/2010
Rite... maybe that or you are just making unsubstantiated accusations.
---
#41 Posted: 12:06:33 28/01/2010
Uhm, Well Unless you can find some reason why I am wrong. Then I see no way how my statements are "unsubstantiated". Why Else do you think there are more Old Spyro fans complaining about TLoS than TLoS fans complaining about the originals?
I thought what I was saying was quite obvious.
And as far as I know, Im not "accusing" anyone. All Im saying is that old fans want Activision to take their Series back. And Try to convice them, and TLoS fans that it was the right way.
#42 Posted: 16:11:33 28/01/2010
an 'unsubstantiated accusation' doesn't mean your wrong. It means you're jumping to conclussions, assuming, and thinking your immediatky right.
---
Shanon_Heart Red Sparx Gems: 50
#43 Posted: 17:27:31 28/01/2010
Quote: HIR

smilie... I have no idea smilie
---
Picture made by Cynder_and_Spyro_fan from DevianTART.
Don't use it without her permission!!!!
#44 Posted: 17:58:48 28/01/2010
Quote: Ratchet

Except with Good reasons. 0_o
LOS fans tend not to want to fight about this because they have nothing to fight for. TLOS is still in production (or atleast we think it is) while Old Spyro fans are still in the dark for nearly 10 years.

Old Spyro fans want to prove to Activision That they REALLY want Old Spyro games, And try to prove to them how they were greater. Also trying to prove it to other fans. Most fans wont be swayed, Especially the ones that grew up or only played one of the 2 series. However, some do (take Razz for an example, she was someone who defended TLOS for everything it was, and...well just as her how she feels now)

Uh, no more like three years. Still you make a good point. If LOS ended and old Spyro returned, I'm sure LOADS of LOS fans would be upset and maybe even campaign to get it back.
---
#45 Posted: 23:23:22 28/01/2010
but there are more old fans, so the majority would be pleased if they didn't stuff it up...
xx chloebabez Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#46 Posted: 23:34:33 28/01/2010
I love both, but there's different things i like about them smilie

~*Originals*~
Gameplay
Exploration
Music (some...)
Happy and Light atmosphere
Mini-Games
Longer
Humour

~*TLoS*~
Gameplay
Story
Music(most of it was lovely :3)
Humour(sparx was rather funny, until he was ruined in DotD >.>)
Elements/Abilities

I'l always love both, as they are still Spyro. Originals got me hooked on Spyro, but after turning away from Spyro for a while, Tlos: TeN got me into loving the games again =3
#47 Posted: 23:36:30 28/01/2010
^same =3
#48 Posted: 05:15:05 29/01/2010
an 'unsubstantiated accusation' doesn't mean your wrong. It means you're jumping to conclussions, assuming, and thinking your immediatky right.

I know what It means. Im Saying That Why are my CONCLUSIONS wrong? Until you find it wrong, The my point stands
smilie

Quote:
Uh, no more like three years

We have been waiting for a GOOD spyro game since YOTD. AHT, ETD were terrible excuses.

And just to let everyone know, I find good elements about TLOS too. But no major ones to compare it even close to the originals. ANd I wouldnt be stating why I like originals better if it wasnt for a reason. To want activision to see how many devoted fans there are to the old series. Ones that would hang on for 10 years campeigining for good spyro games. And in the old universe.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:24:24 29/01/2010 by Ratchet
Zithdaitoh Diamond Sparx Gems: 9603
#49 Posted: 05:26:42 29/01/2010
Can't we avoid a discussion here? I doubt anyone is gonna change their opinions.
---
OBSERVE MY WRATH: OOPS. *tree blasts off*
"You think you have authority over me? How foolish."
*looks at Platinum Sparx status* I feel old.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:27:06 29/01/2010 by Zithdaitoh
#50 Posted: 14:28:40 29/01/2010
I liked AHT and ETD was WAY better than ANY LOS game, at least it was true to what made spyro great in the first place.

GamingMaster_76, how do you know the majority are Orig. fans? I know the oldies sold the best, but I think most of them left after YotD. Do you really think they would return in the old Spyro did?
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me